Menu bar

How can I remove the menu bar from my SDI app after I have started on the
program?

Peter Simmonds
Northampton, UK

0
peter289 (6)
1/27/2005 5:06:50 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This was discussed here few days ago: http://tinyurl.com/5r8uv

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Peter Simmonds" <peter@simmonds.worldonline.co.uk> wrote in message
> How can I remove the menu bar from my SDI app after I have started on the
> program?
>
> Peter Simmonds
> Northampton, UK

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Bar width on existing chart changes when changing source data
I have a spreadsheet with a bar chart already in it (it's showing the number of quotes sent monthly w/ trendlines). In column A, I have a month-year and in column B, I have the number of quotes sent in that month. I changed the source data to display a different set of months, and the bar widths narrowed down to the width of a line. I undid the change and the bar widths went back. I then tried to edit the chart formula one cell at a time and found that when I reached a particular month forward in time, that that's when the change occurred (row 40). I thought maybe it was ...

what does "calculate" mean in status bar?
In a single file, when it is opened, the word "calculate" appears on the status bar on the left next to the word ready. Can anyone tell me what this means and why it only appears in a particular file. On Nov 16, 12:30=A0pm, eman <e...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In a single file, when it is opened, the word "calculate" appears on the > status bar on the left next to the word ready. =A0Can anyone tell me what= this > means and why it only appears in a particular file. Check under "Tools>Options>Calculation" to see whether...

Running Access 2003 in Access 2007
Hi gurus To quote another subscribers comments:- "Custom Menu & Command bar created in earlier versions of access will only appear as part of the "add-in" button and not appear continously. As access 2007 is so new haven't been able to find information on how this works. Is there a way to have them present always (as in previous custom databases) or is this not possible. Not sure I like the new version. I'm losing control of parts of current databases for clients and would not recommend they upgrade. I can't prevent them accessing areas they couldn't befor...

Can' get rid of scroll bars in a CView derived class !
Hi there Altough I changed window styles in CMainFrame, CChildFrame and in CMyView directly derived from CView, by modifying the CREATESTRUCT in PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs ) with : cs.style &= ~WS_VSCROLL; cs.style &= ~WS_HSCROLL; both scroll bars always appear ! My understanding was that this is sufficient to get rid of scrollbars. Wat's wrong ? thanks hi, I dunno how much this would help, but if you dont want scrollbars then why dont use a CView instead of a CScrollView ? gangadhar npk Alain Redlinger wrote: > Hi there > Altough I changed window s...

Drop Down Menu and Check Boxes
How do I create a drop down menu that shows the arrow button? How do I create a check box? See one more reply at your other post. There's checkboxes on both the Forms toolbar and Control toolbox toolbar, too. srf1030 wrote: > > How do I create a drop down menu that shows the arrow button? > > How do I create a check box? -- Dave Peterson "srf1030" wrote: > How do I create a drop down menu that shows the arrow button? > > How do I create a check box? Click View>Toolbars>Forms, select the control and draw it on your spreadsheet ...

retreiving Status bar values
hi to all i am beginner to MFC but not C++, i am writing small programs to learn MFC better but currently i am stuck up in a place where i need to access the staus bar values of a window I have 2 applications running, one is mine and from my program i am not able to access the other application's window's status bar values i have used findwindow API that returns the handle to the other window(other application), then what should i do?, can i use CStatusBar functions here? i will be grateful if anyone can send a snippet that can do this. -- thanks a lot in advance bye ...

Lost All Items Under Star Menu Folder
I dragged and dropped a folder from the All Programs menu to another folder in All Programs. Problem is I lost all items that were in the folder I dragged and dropped. There were 5 items in the folder. When I click on the folder it shows (empty). Any idea why this happened and how I might get these items back. Another Vista surprise!? James One suggestion: If you know the name of any document in the folder you moved, search for the name: Start/type in the name of the document in the search box and see if the document shows. Good luck:) "JamesJ" <jjy@darwi...

icon and menu in sample MFC AppWizard(exe) -> Single Document
Hello Guru I'm using VC++ 6.0 If I create a new MFC AppWizard(exe) -> Single Document -> ... When run the application 1. the application windows frame title is not using the icon from IDR_MAINFRAME. If I import my own icon in Resource, i.e IDI_ICON1, how can I set it to use this icon instead ? in the code: // create and load the frame with its resources pFrame->LoadFrame(IDR_MAINFRAME, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE, NULL, NULL); the menu resource is also name as IDR_MAINFRAME, so it just load whatever define under id IDR_MAINFRAME. Can I change tha...

I now have a blue bar under the menu bar in IE8
I'm running IE8. I think I allowed some toolbar to be added a couple of days ago. Can't remember what it was. Might have been with a java update. Anyway, I now have a blue bar under the menu bar in IE8 that says Downloading the latest applications Been like that at least since yesterday. Do you know what is going on and how to fix it? Thanks I mistakingly sent this first to the windows ng Right click on the area where the Menu/Tool Bars live (a blank portion, not on an icon) and turn the bars off until you get the right one. " Cal Who" &l...

Charting a straight line across a bar chart
Hi all, I have a bar gragh with a range of values: Location1 100 Location2 90 Location3 150 Location4 70 Location5 110 The cut off value that we want to appear as a line is, say 95. I want a line drawn straight acroos at 95. That way we can see the ones that fall below and those above the line. Any ideas ? Hi have a look at http://andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineHorzSeries.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineHorzErrBar.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany bomber wrote: > Hi all, >...

context Menu
Hello I have a Inherited Text Box I have Created a ContextMenu() for the class Now when i Use the Text box in the Code I can Add items to the Context Menu When i Show the form and Textboxes all is fine even when i right click the text box and i do see my option.... The Problem i having is i have 6 Textboxes Representiong 6 Different Physical Drive or unc Paths on the network so when im in the ContextMenu Event , I Cant See which TextBox Control owns this specific Context Menu Any Help thank you On Feb 9, 2:47=A0pm, "msnews.microsoft.com" <dvs_...@...

"right click" shortcut menu
I have a Windows 2k user that is using Excel 2002 (10.4524.4219)SP-2. She lost her shortcut menu when she right clicks in a cell. I have searched around and cannot find a fix for this. Any help would be much appreciated. John LaBombard Hi John, See my http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm It looks better if you turn off the normal right click menu when doing your own. Cancel = True 'prevents normal Right-Click menu from appearing it only applies to the one sheet and only if the event macro is still there. If you lost your right click menu on all sheets then use ...

Adding a Drop down menu to a column
Hello! Can anyone tell me how to add a drop down list to a specific column? I need to have only two options in the list, and the people using the spreadsheet should not be able to input any other value than: Local Market Other Thanks! Hi, Stacy. Try this: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/drop-down_using_data_validation_in_microsoft_excel.htm You can just type your two values in. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Stacy" <Stacy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF8C3D65-513E-496C-A720-669E2ABD7ADE@micros...

How do I add a macro to a menu button?
using windows XP professional and excel 200 -- mhilli ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mhillis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=464 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26205 Place the button on your sheet. Right Click on the button and select "View Code". This opens the VB editor to the module for the button. Enter your macro here. If you have recorded a macro elsewhere, cut and paste works well, too. "mhillis" wrote: > > using windows XP p...

MSCONFIG Start Menu
XP Pro - I installed a program and want it in my MSCONFIG Start menu but the program does not offer the start when Windows starts option. Does anyone have any instructions on how to add program to MSCONFIG/Start menu. TIA Kenp KenP wrote: > XP Pro - I installed a program and want it in my MSCONFIG Start menu but the > program does not offer the start when Windows starts option. Does anyone have > any instructions on how to add program to MSCONFIG/Start menu. If I understand correctly you want the program to start when Windows is booted? Put a shortcut to the pro...

Excel 2007 Save As menu customizeable ?
I often want to save a worksheet as a .csv file which makes it easily transferrable to our mainframe. Can I customize the "Save As" menu in Excel 2007 to include CSV as a choice, instead of always having to navigate through the "Other Formats"? TIA, -- Nancy Hi Nancy Yes that is possible You must use a add-in with xml to do this I will post a example for you after dinner -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "notawahoo" <notawahoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C912C785-4097-4931-A52...

Adding a drop down ascending/descending menu in a cell
How can I add a drop down menu into a cell with options of ascending and descending? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200512/1 Upgrade to xl2003 and use Data|Filter. Else you'll have to provide your own symbols and your own code to sort. "Erik K via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > > How can I add a drop down menu into a cell with options of ascending and > descending? > > -- > Message posted via OfficeKB.com > http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200512/1 -- Dave Peterson ...

Error bars 01-05-10
I wish to add different error bars to each and every point in my graph. How do I do it? In particular I want to show the error of my dependent variable y. Each one of which has an associated error which I have calculated by taking the std deviation. Thanks Alex Hi Alex, If you are using Excel 2007: Select the graph by clicking anywhere inside. "Layout" tab --> "Error Bars" --> "More Error Bars Options" --> "Custom" radio button and "Specify Value" rectangular button --> Select the cell range containing the er...

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

I want to activate a command in my format menu 'text direction' ?
-- Johanna Phillips Please use this space to describe exactly what you are wanting to do and also -very important - the version of Word you are using. Thanks DeanH "Johanna" wrote: > > -- > Johanna Phillips Hi Johanna, The "Text Direction" option is grayed out unless your cursor is in a place, such as inside a table cell, a text box, or a drawing object, where it is applicable. For a little more information about how to use the "Text Direction" option, see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051901321033.aspx . -...

Problem building horizontal bar chart paired bars, centered on zer
How do I describe this in words? I need to create an Excel chart with these characteristics. There are horizontal bars, centered vertically at zero. One value is presented to the left, another to the right. They represent paired choices from a survey. For example, given the option as to whether people might pay-down debt, vs. purchase a car, about 75% will say they want to pay down debt, while 25% will say they will purchase a car. So by setting the value of 75 to a -75, and using horizontal stacked bar chart, I have a bar to the left of zero showing 75% and a bar to the ...

To Do Bar Task List
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C722C8.2BB56420 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable If I recall correctly if I had a sub-folder in my task list then items = in these sub-folders did not appear on the OUTLOOK2003 TaskPad list. = This was either by default or I had somehow managed to filter them out. = On OUTLOOK2007, items in tasks sub-folders are included in the To Do Bar = Task List. I can't figure out a way to filter these items out. Any ideas? Thanks.=20 --=20 Greg Maxey/Wo...

combination clustered column and stacked bar chart
I have data concerning the repair turn-around for three products over several months. There are two components to the turn-around time for any item, i.e., actual labor time and wait time. I want to graph this as a clustered column, each cluster representing the data for a given month and each bar in a cluster representing one of the products. Now for the tricky part: I want each of the bars to be stacked showing the relationship between the actual labor time and the wait time. John, I don't know if I'm fully understanding what you want. Possibly these two examples can hel...

Menu item File/Properties ?s
Using Word 2008. I have looked in what I think are the correct places to find out the purpose for this Menu item (Properties in File menu). No luck for me. If there is a link to a description of the when, why and how to use this item I'd appreciate that info. Thank you. -- Norm Hi Norm: That's yet another one they left out of the Word help in an effort to save money. The only way to get the Help improved in Office for Mac is to make vigorous use of the "Was this information helpful?" boxes at the bottom of each help topic. Search for what you w...

Source data, in Chart Menu, is grey and not accessible.
I set up a pivot table and designed a chart, saved and closed out of the workbook. Upon returning to work on this project, when selecting the chart menu to work with my source data, the source data is grey and not accessible. What might be causing this and can I correct it? It's a pivot chart. As soon as it's created, it's linked permanently to the pivot table, and you cannot change the source data. you cannot add more data that's not in the pivot table to the chart, nor can you remove data that is in the pivot table from the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...