MDI App Stops ToolTip when some view has focus

Hi,
We have an MDI application(Splitter Window) that has one toolbar on
MainFrame.When one specific class of view is the active view,  the tool
tips stop appearing, even though the status bar text continues to appear
normally. If i clode the active view then tips appears again. We are
CControlBar.

It is apparent there is something about the specific view class that
is interfering with the tool tips, but I cannot determine what it is.
Can anyone offer any suggestions on what I might look at or how to
troubleshoot it?

Note-This VC6.0 project using MFC.

Direction regarding this problem is highly appreciated.

Thanks n regards,
Rajan.M

--
MRajan

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Question on Stopping IIS and Workflow
Hello, I understand pretty well the CRM system now. What I am concerned with though is making some custom workflow callouts. I have the book Working With Microsoft Dynamics CRM which I feel has been an excellent resource. I am ready to create some dll files and add them etc. What I am concerned with though is the fact that we have active tasks being monitored by workflow every day. If I stop IIS and do all the steps necessary to put in place active code, will that drop all the entities that are being monitored currently? It is extremely important that they not drop off the workflow...

how do I create floating cells so I can view them no matter wher.
useing a large spreadsheet i would like to have a totals box viewable from wherever i am and not have to keep scrolling to it or manually moving it every few days. any ideas. The simplest way to do something like this is to make the totals cell be A1 and freeze panes. "vk" wrote: > useing a large spreadsheet i would like to have a totals box viewable from > wherever i am and not have to keep scrolling to it or manually moving it > every few days. > any ideas. If you're using Excel 2002, or later version, you can use the Watch window to view specific cells: ...

Front-end/Back-end config and view connection w/ Outlook /rpcdiag
I hava a Front-end/Back-end configuration and when I launch outlook to open a profile using Outlook /rpcdiag I see it connecting via the Back-end server. I assumed I would see it connect via the Front-end server. Is this correct. Is it possible that I've configured something incorrectly? Thanks in advance RP wrote: > I hava a Front-end/Back-end configuration and when I launch outlook > to open a profile using Outlook /rpcdiag I see it connecting via the > Back-end server. I assumed I would see it connect via the Front-end > server. > Is this correct. Is it possible that...

Advanced views.."By Conversation". Is it possible to have a view where I see only the first Item of a conversation?
Hi, I receive emails from a distribution list. I have set a "Search Folder"(outlook 2003) for these emails that allow me to view items arranged by Conversation. I need to create a view that will allow me to see Only the first items in a conversation.By viewing that conversation I should be able to decide whether or not I need to expand that group and read later emails in that thread. If I decide not to follow up on that conversation, I should be able to delete it and not have items from that conversation visible. This sounds challenging but I'm sure that the Outlook experts ...

Money 2005: Fund showing up in wrong location in Portfolio view
Hi, I have a mutual fund (ARTMX). When I use the Asset Allocation view, it shows up as a Mid-cap growth fund (correct). When I look in the Standard view, with a Grouped by Capitalization, it shows up under the Large Cap group. What is the reason for this? Thanks. Niranjan. ...

MDI minimize maximize and close buttons
In MDI there are mini sys menu for each view (or mdichildwnd). When I press the specific view sys menu button (min, max or close) which message is being sent and to which class ? 10x, J. I think you are looking for OnSysCommand. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Janiv Ratson" <janiv@aoe6.net> wrote in message news:uyfBStL5DHA.1672@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... | In MDI there are mini sys menu for each view (or mdichildwnd). | When I press the specific view sys menu button (min, max or close) which | message is being sent and to which class ? | 10x, | J. | | ...

Can not pass email to domain from app server?
I would like to add my app server which is a win2k server, to my exchange server so I can pass email notifications from my app. currently all of the mails going to addresses out side my domain are working fine. Its just the ones that are being sent to the addresses on my domain that are being held up in the mailroot queue. I can I set up both of the machines to allow the app server to send all out going mail to the maail server? And how can I set up the exchange mail server to accept mails comeing from the app server? Thank you very much Brad You don't have to do anything to Exchan...

How to stop attach Vcard in outlook?
I had tried to stop Vcard from auto insert in the attachment but now success. I do not mean on the signature! HELP! It is attached to a signature file. Edit the signature with the vcard to delete it. You can set up multiple signatures and use the Insert>signature command to add the correct one. Set the default signature to None and choose which one you want in each email. "Vcardbug" wrote: > I had tried to stop Vcard from auto insert in the attachment but now > success. I do not mean on the signature! HELP! ...

Stop users leaving cells blank
Hi I have found some code from another thread which stops users leaving cells blank and displays a warning message when the user attempts to save the file: Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A1,A2,A3,A4") If IsEmpty(cell.Value) Then MsgBox "You must fill in cell " & cell.Address Application.Goto cell Cancel = True Exit For End If Next cell Now, this works fine in the file itself and when I save it as a .xlsm file (I am using Excel 2007). However, the problem is that when you go to open the ...

How can I STOP search for msgr2GE.dll in Outlook2000 ?
I have msgr3GE.dll installed for German spell-check and it works. But whenever I do the Spell-check it first searches for the earlier file msgr2GE.dll. How can I stop this search since it does have the msgr3GE.dll file and that does the spell checking? ...

Why does header in print view not print?
Old Word documents (v 2003) containing headers no longer prints these headers. Header and footer viewable in print view. In print preview only footer is seen and this is all that prints. See if header contents have been inadvertently formatted as hidden (Font dialog box). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "cindywhite" <cindywhite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA2B2E67-50BF-4AA0-B051-E4D155C0FC0A@microsoft.com... > Old Word documents (v 2003) containing headers no longer prints these > headers. Header and footer viewable in print ...

truncated form view
I set up a 2 page tabbed form in Access 2003 that looks correct in design view but only shows the top 1/3 for the form in form view. There is a scroll bar on the right that allows you to scroll through the form. I have played with auto resize, auto center, default view, and the size to fit with no change. ...

requery of data viewed on a subform
I've created a DB with a main form and on this form I have a tabbed box with subforms on each tab. No issues! I have a switchboard that allows a user to get to this main form and other forms to add specific data to tables. So far no issues. What I would like to do, as many will not "think ahead" to add the new records before they start updating the main form, is to allow them to double click a Name box on any subform (on any one of the tabs) to have an "Add form" open for that category. I was successful in creating that "double clikc" feature but ...

Designing a View
My program is basically a packet sniffer on a proprietary bus. Besides having a simple ListControl displaying each packet, my program will also need a grapher that plots data found within the packets. So I'm figuring (I hope) that my CDocument will essentially store a linked list that gets continously fed (when the play button is pressed) with packets as they get broadcasted onto the bus. (hooking onto the bus and everything bus related will be handled by me in a separate DLL). So the ListControl view will simply display each packet on a line and that should be easy for me to f...

MDI design question #2
Hello, I am to build a new MDI application using MFC. Its look will be like Outlook2003 (with the shortcut pane on the left: Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, etc.). There is one huge different between my applicaiton's look to Outlook's: I'll have only 3 mini applications (like Mail, Contacts, Tasks etc.): Projects, Screens and Automation. As you can guess each one of them will be a DocTemplate. The projects will be a ListView - no problem. The automation will be a ListView - no problem. The screens Doc Template applicaiton is my serious problem. As you can understand the Screens M...

Imported Transactions not displaying in Account Register view
Running MS Money 2006 Deluxe. Not subscribing to online services. My bank supports MS Money export format - since I installed program no problems until now. After downloading transactions, and successfully importing to proper account, the account list reads items to review #. In accout register the screen is completely emptly. I am sorting all transactions, increasing by date. I ve done level 1 and 2 repairs, no changes. I've deleted and re-added account; same results. Any clues before I migrate to Quicken? In microsoft.public.money, Steve wrote: >Running MS Money 2006 ...

Changed View to right and lost info on left
changed pane view from bottom to right and lost info on left of view ie mail ect. How do I get it back. "=?Utf-8?B?TWFpbCxDYWxlbmRhciwgQ29udGFjdHMsVGFza3M=?=" <Mail,Calendar, Contacts,Tasks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A5E3C498-0C5E-4593-9CE8-84E6419CB47C@microsoft.com: > changed pane view from bottom to right and lost info on left of view > ie mail ect. How do I get it back. What if you grab the left side of the reading pane and drag it to the right to resize it? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Stockholm Consulting Gro...

Cannot stop Exchange Information Store (Exchange 5.5)
Hi We have a old Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 Server on a NT 4.0 SP6a MemberServer in a NT Domain. Every night, a script stops the exchange services before the backup starts. this script was first executet in late 2002, and there was never a problem with it. since 1 week, the Exchange Information Store cannot be stopped. Heres the script: net stop "Network Associates GroupShield On-Line Update" /y net stop "Network Associates GroupShield Exchange" /y net stop "Microsoft Exchange Event Service" /y net stop "Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service" /y ne...

Stop adding rows!
This must be easy but I can't figure it out. How would I tell Excel to not add rows upon vertical scrolling? I just want to limit the length to 70 rows. Thanks. -- Gnarlie http://Gnarlodious.com/ Gnarlie You cannot delete unused rows columns but, if you want to not show the rows/columns, then you could select them and go to Format>Row (Or column)>Hide. If you want to restrict movement then... You can't restrict it in the standard user interface, but you can, either through code or through the VBE. In Code, in a standard module enter (this restricts the movement to row...

viewing & editing another's cocntacts
i have a user who has delegated his office manager editing rights to his contacts folder. question: how do i get this delegated person to be able to view and edit this others' contacts folder on her machine? ...

Show Status Reason in the Associated Closed Activity View.
In viewing closed activities, we should be able to include the Status Reason for the activity as well. Example: For a completed phone call (State = Completed), we have added "Left Voice Mail" as another Status Reason. For a cancelled phone call (State = Cancelled), we have added "Wrong Phone Number" as another Status Reason. These can be chosen from the picklist when Selecting Actions-->Close/Cancel Activity, but they cannot be displayed on the view. We should be able to view the type of reason for completing or cancelling a phone call. ---------------- This p...

How do I change default image viewing software back to MS Photo Editor
Hi A few months ago I downloaded a trial offer for an image viewing software package and decided not to use it anymore. The software somehow made itself the default image viewing sodtware in Outlook 2002. Now that the trial period is over I can't view any digital photographs from Outlook 2002. How do I get rid of it and make MS PhotoEditor the default again? Thanks in advance Mak Kaufman Windows Explorer->Tools->Folder Options->File Type tab. Scroll to the image type (.jpg, .bmp, etc.), highlight it and elect the option to change. The associate with the viewer that ...

Printing has stopped
In Access 2000, I created a menubar for a form with a print option. The function which prints the form has the following code: DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, , 8, , acMenuVer70 This used to work and I know why it doesn't now, but I don't know how to fix it. In a previous posting to this group "Wrong Record Being Updated" 11/21/07 The solution to the earlier problem was to place the code Cancel = True into the before update event. It is this code that stops the form printing. Any help in getting ar...

XmlSchemaException in App.config using UIP Application Block
Does anyone know why I might be getting an XmlSchemaException in App.config configured as below to use the UIP Application Block? I get the following error for every element, sub-element and attribute within the <uipConfiguration> element: Message 1 Could not find schema information for the element 'uipConfiguration'. Message 2 Could not find schema information for the element 'objectTypes'. Message 3 Could not find schema information for the element 'iViewManager'. .... etc. etc. My App.config file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8&...