Manual DLL Registration

Hello,

I have a problem manually registering my DLL.  I have created an MFC DLL and
when I try to run 'regsvr32'  I get a message saying:

"exdll.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.
This file can not be registered".

I CAN export a function from my exdll.dll and use it by a non-VC++ app.
But, when I try to run my VC++ 'msvg.dll' app that imports a function from
'exdll.dll', I get MessageBox messages that I inserted into my 'exdll.dll'
(and then removed) several weeks ago.  Where are those MessageBox messages
coming from?  I removed all of my MessageBox entries in my exdll.dll, cleaned
it, rebuilt it, but I just can't seem to manually register it and I keep
getting those MessageBox messages from it -weeeeeird.  Could someone please
tell me how to manually register my exdll.dll?  Hopefully this will fix the
problem

Thank you,
Victor.
0
victorsk (138)
9/20/2005 4:16:16 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>I have a problem manually registering my DLL.  I have created an MFC DLL and
>when I try to run 'regsvr32'  I get a message saying:
>
>"exdll.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.
>This file can not be registered".

Victor,

Why do you think it ought to be registered? Is it an MFC COM DLL?

>I CAN export a function from my exdll.dll and use it by a non-VC++ app.
>But, when I try to run my VC++ 'msvg.dll' app that imports a function from
>'exdll.dll', I get MessageBox messages that I inserted into my 'exdll.dll'
>(and then removed) several weeks ago.  Where are those MessageBox messages
>coming from?

An old version of your DLL somewhere on your system - presumably!

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0

Thanks so much for replying.   Yes, that's exactly it!  I ran search for
files and found exdll.dll to be in my windows directory and others.  It's
strange how that dll was being accessed and not the other.  But, at least I
know where the problem is.  Thank you very much for confirming.

Victor.

"David Lowndes" wrote:

> >I have a problem manually registering my DLL.  I have created an MFC DLL and
> >when I try to run 'regsvr32'  I get a message saying:
> >
> >"exdll.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.
> >This file can not be registered".
>
> Victor,
>
> Why do you think it ought to be registered? Is it an MFC COM DLL?
>
> >I CAN export a function from my exdll.dll and use it by a non-VC++ app.
> >But, when I try to run my VC++ 'msvg.dll' app that imports a function from
> >'exdll.dll', I get MessageBox messages that I inserted into my 'exdll.dll'
> >(and then removed) several weeks ago.  Where are those MessageBox messages
> >coming from?
>
> An old version of your DLL somewhere on your system - presumably!
>
> Dave

victorsk (138)

Excel startup: Can't find OPMDAT32.DLL
During Excel's startup I get an error message: Can't find OPMDAT32.DLL How can I fix this problem? Look under tools>add-ins, note which are checked, uncheck all of them and restart excel, if you don't get the message start by checking one by one and close and restart excel until yoiu get the error, that would be the culprit. Also look if you have something in your startup folder -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "M" <M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1C106DE-E583-4C0F-AAD6-3588DB36352B@microsoft.com... > During Excel's startup I get an error...

I am working on a VC++ project.I have pulled out resources from the main application and placed into a resource only dll,I am loading the dll into the main application now...it works fine But i now need to put back some of the resources into main application.thts where the problem starts.it creates a sort of collision Does anyone have a solution to that? Resource IDs must be unique. How are you copying these resources? Is it an Extension DLL? -- Ajay Kalra [VC++ MVP] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "j456" <jim456@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:1131732685.043371.153810@g49g20...

Suspicions about the MFC42.DLL included with Windows Server 2003 SP1
Hello, I have some questions about some things I just discovered about the MFC42.DLL that ships with Windows Server 2003 SP1. It appears that the DLL was built with newer code than the latest VC++ 6 service pack. I work on an application that uses Visual C++ 6.0 with SP6. Users were reporting problems using Server 2003, so I had to find the problem. I narrowed the problem down to the fact that in the MFC42.DLL found on Server 2003, the CRecentFileList::Add() function can throw an exception while other versions of MFC42.DLL do not. When left unhandled, the user gets a message box stating &qu...

Manuall add Control Variable?
For some reason the wizard (script) to add control variables is failing.I am getting script errors when I try to add control variables now. How do you manually add a control variable in MS .net 2003? Thanks You need to add, typically in the protected area of your class: typename variablenale; e.g. CEdit c_Name; and then add a DDX_Control call in the DoDataExchange function DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_Name, c_Name); joe On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 23:34:23 GMT, "Jona Vark" <noemail@all.com> wrote: >For some reason the wizard (script) to add control variables is failing.I am...

Mismatching of downloads with manual data
I suppose there might be "no answer". But just wondering if anyone has an idea why... I manually enter my checks when written (so that the payees are properly recording in my ledger. If I don't money always records the same payee to downloaded checks, the one in the last ledger entry for a numbered check). Then when I download (via qif file), Money (2005) matches the downloads with the manual entries. And I've never seen it err before. However today it decided that the match for a manually entered numbered check (not yet cashed in reality), dated 12/22/05 , was a cash w...

When I read a message, I often drag it into a folder. With my Outlook 2007 the message remains unread after I move it. How can I make Outlook understand that I've read the message without manually marking it? Kevin <kwdavids@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9ff2c677-d7f3-4521-95ff-737b6b3e2394@t1g2000pra.googlegroups.com... > When I read a message, I often drag it into a folder. With my Outlook > 2007 the message remains unread after I move it. > > How can I make Outlook understand that I've read the message without > manually marking it? Tools - Options - Ot...

I need a customer registration form template for a small tax prep.
I have a small tax preparation service, I am looking for a template to help me with customer record keeping. It should be something like an application for the customer to fill out and should include their name, spouse's name, address, phone number, employers for both spouses, and types of occupations, social security numbers, desired filing status, names of up to 6 dependants and their social security numbers and relationships to the filer, etc. If anyone can help me with this, please email me at vampiress_gabriellah@hotmail.com This could even be a word, or publisher template ...

accessing transaction items in dll
Using a dll written Visual Studio 2005, Visual Basic, this statement works: "MsgBox(Session.Transaction.Entries.Element(n).Item.ItemLookupCode)" Using the same code in C# doesn't work, there is no 'element' property available. "Session.Transaction.Entries." is as far as it goes. And I get a build error if I force it. Why would some methods/properties in QSRules.dll be available in VB but not C#? Using QSRules in VB there is no intellisense. Using QSRules in C# the intellisense works great but not all properties are available. Has anyone else run into th...

absolutely classic DLL question
Hello to all. Please, let some professional from people here guide me for creating a DLL library. I have some classes, some files, some functions, etc. DLL will be built without any guidance. Still... I need help. I need after this to create one .LIB which actually does not "enter" statically in target out file, but just loads this .DLL. In this manner is Windows Sockets 2 - using ws2_32.lib, actually linked out file to load/use ws2_32.dll. Funny, but I dont know how this must be done. Please, I need short, concrete and precise guidance. Will be very grateful for your help. Than...

MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL
How do you fix "MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL" "Paul Whitley" <paul@pwhitley.com> wrote in message news:071701c36be2$e0c42e00$a001280a@phx.gbl > How do you fix "MAPI was unable to load the information > service PSTPRX.DLL" http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293058 -- ____________________________________________________________ ** Share with others. Post replies in the newsgroup. ** If present, remove all "-nix" from my email address. ______________________________________________________...

mapi32.dll errors
On an Exchange 2003 server with terminal services installed, I am receiving error messages when trying to use the "File, Send to, Mail Recipient (as Attachment)..." from within an Office 2003 document. Word 2003 produces the following errors: "mapi32.dll is an invalid Extended MAPI library" then... "Mail is not installed on your system." Excel 2003 produces the following error: "Cannot load the mail service. Check your mail installation." Darren Leek wrote: > On an Exchange 2003 server with terminal services > installed, I am receiving ...

COM / ActiveX in dll
Hi, i need to implement a COM interface or an ActiveX Control (both have the same features) in a DLL. Implementing a COM interface seems more complicated than an ActiveX control. I already added the COM interface and the ActiveX control respectively to the project and got the cpp file and/or the header, but i have no idea what to do next. How can i use the COM interface or the ActiveX control. Do i need a window for the ActiveX control? ...

How to display Cdialog-derived control in MFC extension DLL
Hi All, This post follows another post which I have posted before in another group without arriving at a suitable solution. The problem which I'm about to write about and for which I seek your help really has to do with something that I have experienced with respect to xll. Yet here I won't dexcribe the problem in terms of the original xll project that I built. Rather, I chose to create a mini-version of the that problem in terms of MFC extension dll --- that makes things simpler and devoid of all the "extra noise" accompanied when creating an xll project. Moreover, the o...

DLL build with eVC won't work with VS2005 because of CString
Hi, I'm creating a new Smart Device MFC dialog application project with Visual Studio 2005 which need to use a DLL build with eVC (Windows CE equivalent of VC6). I have a linker issue that I'm not able to resolve related to the CString class that seems to have changed in VS2005. Here is the link error: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class ATL::CStringT<wchar_t,class StrTraitMFC_DLL<wchar_t,class ATL::ChTraitsOS<wchar_t> > > __thiscall CWindowsRegistry::Read(struct HKEY__ *,class ATL::CStringT<wchar_t,class StrTraitMFC_DLL<wchar_t...

online registration
Catch 22 you cant talk to a microsoft rep if you dont have a product id number. you don't get the product id. so if your problem is that you get an error message saying that the registration server is down and try again.. repeatedly!!!.. how do you get to a rep to fix the problem? a right catch 22, if you ask me... anybody here have any insight? Maybe it is down. "A Strauber" <A Strauber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79E6363D-8DA1-434A-932D-8EFD55389B05@microsoft.com... > Catch 22 > > you cant talk to a microsoft rep if you dont have ...

need registration name and key for reinstall
I purchased Money 2007 Premium in August, 2006, via Digital River download and I also ordered a backup CD. Everything worked fine until my computer died. Now I am trying to install Money on a new computer using the same backup CD. But it pops up a window entitled "Key Expired". It appears that I need a "registration name and key", "exactly as given to you". Perhaps I did receive this information before but it would now be lost on my dead computer. Is there a way to retrieve the requisite magic cookies from someone's web site? And what credentials...

call MFC form in DLL
Hi, I'm creating an application which dynamically loads a DLL. The application can successfuly load the DLL and call its exported functions. This DLL contains an exported function, with a HWND (parent window) as a parameter. the DLL function should create and display a (modeless) childform to the parent window HWND. I have created an static linked MFC DLL, and created a CFormView derived class and resource template. but I am unable to show the Form. I've tried several things, but unsuccessful. I'm kind of new to VC++ and MFC, and I havn't found anything useful on the Internet...

Problem in showing dialog boxes from a regular dll
Hi, I had a MFC application to be used as icon window (hidden). Also I had a regular MFC DLL exporting functions that will show MFC dll. All these functions are calling the AFX_MANAGE_STATE macro and PreTRansalte message is implemented. If the functions are called from any exe they work as expected even calling from my tray icon app is alright. Now I have merged some the resources (dialogs and string) of tray icon into my dll. Still tray icon works fine. There is another console application that calls my resouce dll to display dialog boxes as well and it also works fine. Now if my ...

ms09.dll
When printing Excel, the following message appears: Excel caused an error. Excel will now close. MS09.dll. This is on a WIN98 operating system. Thank you, Frances If I am not mistaken, the mso9.dll file is one of the core components of MS Office. That file may have become corrupt during or after installation. Try to unistall and reinstall Office. That may correct your issue. "Frances Benavente" <fjab@ite.net> wrote in message news:<0dd301c38c9c$79d5fe00$a101280a@phx.gbl>... > When printing Excel, the following message appears: Excel > caused an error....

Custom dll Request
I'm looking for someone to write a dll. I want my RMS POS to present a 3-choice dialog box at the beginning of every transaction. Button #1 - Sale/Return - would simply close the dialog and allow the cashier to ring up a sale or return. Buttons #2 & #3 - Delivery Order & Special Order - would trigger macros. An <ESC> keystroke would be handled the same as Button #1. The default should be Delivery Order. If you've got the time, skills and inclination to provide something like this, contact me and we can discuss terms... Tom -- The worst words in business: "...

vb to C++ DLL
Hi Gurus I have use Link list include Add, Remove, Count Functions I test in consol(DOS) using c++ main. It worked. Now I want to use in Dll. I try using _stdcall to export class member function. It Compile with no error. But with I use from VB. Auto VB IDE close. I guess there is a problem with DLL main. For Example class Test { public: int x; void add(int x); void remove(int index); test(); ~test(); }; void Test:: Add(int x) { // add function code } //In Dll Main BOOL APIENTRY DllMain( HANDLE hModul...

Localized Resource dll
I'm trying to localize my C++ (VS 2005) DLL. Is there any where that shows the steps to create a localized dll ? Thanks. Hi, You can create satellite DLLs for localization. I would like to provide the following links for your reference: Creating a Resource-Only DLL http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/24b2tcy0(VS.80).aspx Localized Resources in MFC Applications: Satellite DLLs http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8fkteez0(VS.80).aspx TN057: Localization of MFC Components http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x6h91d9w(VS.80).aspx Locale Identifier Constants and St...

DLL error message
Hello: today, when I try to open any of 4 modules i have in my "Personal.xls" tree, I am getting a "Error in loading dll" error. Any ideas? My Guess is that you are missing a reference. In the VBA editor select Tools..References and look fo rthe one that starts with "MISSING" "Bettergains" wrote: > Hello: today, when I try to open any of 4 modules i have in my "Personal.xls" > tree, I am getting a "Error in loading dll" error. Any ideas? Great. That's helpful. I did find one, which was apparently a local (inter...

Load the DLL resource problem-help
Hi, I created a Dialog inside a MFC Shared Dll and from the application passed the Dialog ID from the application.But inside the CDialog::Create(nIDTemplate,ptrParentWnd) function i am getting the error.The error point is HRSRC hResource = ::FindResource(hInst, lpszResource, RT_DIALOG); inside the function called internally by CDIalog::Create which is BOOL AFXAPI _AfxCheckDialogTemplate(LPCTSTR lpszResource, BOOL bInvisibleChild). hResource is returning an error.Before calling the create function from application i am explictly told to use dll resource by using function AfxSetResourceHandle(:...

File Not Found: VBA6.DLL
Everytime I open and close EXCEL, I get a message that says "File Not Found: VBA6.DLL. I am unable to locate this file when I search the hard drive, however, there is a VBA6 folder in the following path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA Can someone direct me on how to solve this problem? I don't know why you need that file as it's not part of Office but rather stand alone VB6, as far as I can tell.. You'd have to install that product to get it. If you open Excel in Safe Mode (enter "Excel.exe /s" from Start->Run (no quotes, there is a...