MainFrame Aborts When Created

I have an AppWizard-created MFC program that will not run on my development
computer any longer.  This just happened.  It *will* run on other computers.
Older versions of the same program which I know I debugged on my development
computer will now not run.  All other dialog-based and MDI programs run
okay.  This one just closes immediately and there are no error messages
other than the memory leaks that I would expect.

This is VC++ 6.0.
The problem happens in Debug or Release mode.

In Debug the program closes immediately after this line:
  CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;

If I debug into the module AFXMEM.CPP I get this:

void* PASCAL
CObject::operator new(size_t nSize, LPCSTR lpszFileName, int nLine)
{
 return ::operator new(nSize, _CLIENT_BLOCK, lpszFileName, nLine);
}

nSize == 60836, lpszFileName is the path to MyApp.CPP and nLine is 126.
The return is 0x00ae0068.

Is there enough info here to deduce anything?

Doesn't it seem like something is corrupted on my development computer?

Thanks for help,
Tom S

0
TSalicos (16)
3/12/2008 6:43:30 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Tom Salicos" <TSalicos@Drykilns.net> wrote in message
>I have an AppWizard-created MFC program that will not run on my development
>computer any longer.  This just happened.  It *will* run on other
>computers. Older versions of the same program which I know I debugged on my
>development computer will now not run.  All other dialog-based and MDI
>programs run okay.  This one just closes immediately and there are no error
>messages other than the memory leaks that I would expect.
>
> This is VC++ 6.0.
> The problem happens in Debug or Release mode.
>
> In Debug the program closes immediately after this line:
>  CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>

> If I debug into the module AFXMEM.CPP I get this:
>
> void* PASCAL
> CObject::operator new(size_t nSize, LPCSTR lpszFileName, int nLine)
> {
> return ::operator new(nSize, _CLIENT_BLOCK, lpszFileName, nLine);
> }
>
> nSize == 60836, lpszFileName is the path to MyApp.CPP and nLine is 126.
> The return is 0x00ae0068.
>

> Is there enough info here to deduce anything?
>
> Doesn't it seem like something is corrupted on my development computer?
>
> Thanks for help,
> Tom S

What does your CMainFrame constructor look like?  Is it attempting to create
some object that no longer exists on your system?

--
============
Frank Hickman

On Mar 12, 2:43 pm, "Tom Salicos" <TSali...@Drykilns.net> wrote:
> I have an AppWizard-created MFC program that will not run on my development
> computer any longer.  This just happened.  It *will* run on other computers.
> Older versions of the same program which I know I debugged on my development
> computer will now not run.  All other dialog-based and MDI programs run
> okay.  This one just closes immediately and there are no error messages
> other than the memory leaks that I would expect.
>
> This is VC++ 6.0.
> The problem happens in Debug or Release mode.
>
> In Debug the program closes immediately after this line:
>   CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>
> If I debug into the module AFXMEM.CPP I get this:
>
> void* PASCAL
> CObject::operator new(size_t nSize, LPCSTR lpszFileName, int nLine)
> {
>  return ::operator new(nSize, _CLIENT_BLOCK, lpszFileName, nLine);
>
> }
>
> nSize == 60836, lpszFileName is the path to MyApp.CPP and nLine is 126.
> The return is 0x00ae0068.
>
> Is there enough info here to deduce anything?
>
> Doesn't it seem like something is corrupted on my development computer?
>
> Thanks for help,
> Tom S

Do clean rebuild. Also delete any ncb, opt, plg files in your project
directory and see if that helps. Also reboot your machine and start
over.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
> On Mar 12, 2:43 pm, "Tom Salicos" <TSali...@Drykilns.net> wrote:
>> I have an AppWizard-created MFC program that will not run on my
>> development
>> computer any longer.  This just happened.  It *will* run on other
>> computers.
>> Older versions of the same program which I know I debugged on my
>> development
>> computer will now not run.  All other dialog-based and MDI programs run
>> okay.  This one just closes immediately and there are no error messages
>> other than the memory leaks that I would expect.
>>
>> This is VC++ 6.0.
>> The problem happens in Debug or Release mode.
>>
>> In Debug the program closes immediately after this line:
>>   CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>>
>> If I debug into the module AFXMEM.CPP I get this:
>>
>> void* PASCAL
>> CObject::operator new(size_t nSize, LPCSTR lpszFileName, int nLine)
>> {
>>  return ::operator new(nSize, _CLIENT_BLOCK, lpszFileName, nLine);
>>
>> }
>>
>> nSize == 60836, lpszFileName is the path to MyApp.CPP and nLine is 126.
>> The return is 0x00ae0068.
>>
>> Is there enough info here to deduce anything?
>>
>> Doesn't it seem like something is corrupted on my development computer?
>>
>> Thanks for help,
>> Tom S
>
> Do clean rebuild. Also delete any ncb, opt, plg files in your project
> directory and see if that helps. Also reboot your machine and start
> over.
>

> ---
> Ajay

Deleted ncb, plg, opt.  No diff.
Reboot - No diff.
"Rebuild All" - No diff
Start over ???? Dude, I'm 59 years old!

Tom

0
TSalicos (16)
3/12/2008 8:06:15 PM
It does not reach the CMainFrame constructor.  I can step into the malloc in
afxmem that returns the pointer 0x00ae0068, and back out to the original
break point on the line shown below (in InitInstance() ):

   CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;

As soon as I step off of this line the program closes.

Thanks,
Tom

"AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
> Did you check you CMainFrame constructor?  Set a break point there to see
> if it reaches that code, and if there is an error there.
>

> AliR.
>

> "Tom Salicos" <TSalicos@Drykilns.net> wrote in message
>>I have an AppWizard-created MFC program that will not run on my
>>development computer any longer.  This just happened.  It *will* run on
>>other computers. Older versions of the same program which I know I
>>debugged on my development computer will now not run.  All other
>>dialog-based and MDI programs run okay.  This one just closes immediately
>>and there are no error messages other than the memory leaks that I would
>>expect.
>>
>> This is VC++ 6.0.
>> The problem happens in Debug or Release mode.
>>
>> In Debug the program closes immediately after this line:
>>  CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>>

>> If I debug into the module AFXMEM.CPP I get this:
>>
>> void* PASCAL
>> CObject::operator new(size_t nSize, LPCSTR lpszFileName, int nLine)
>> {
>> return ::operator new(nSize, _CLIENT_BLOCK, lpszFileName, nLine);
>> }
>>
>> nSize == 60836, lpszFileName is the path to MyApp.CPP and nLine is 126.
>> The return is 0x00ae0068.
>>

>> Is there enough info here to deduce anything?
>>
>> Doesn't it seem like something is corrupted on my development computer?
>>
>> Thanks for help,
>> Tom S

0
TSalicos (16)
3/12/2008 8:21:56 PM
It *does* make it to the CMainFrame constructor.  I had put a breakpoint
within the body and it never made it there.  I put a breakpoint on the
"open" paren for the function and it stopped.  I am now stepping through to
see if I can see anything.

Tom

> It does not reach the CMainFrame constructor.  I can step into the malloc
> in afxmem that returns the pointer 0x00ae0068, and back out to the
> original break point on the line shown below (in InitInstance() ):
>
>   CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>
> As soon as I step off of this line the program closes.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
>

> "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
>> Did you check you CMainFrame constructor?  Set a break point there to see
>> if it reaches that code, and if there is an error there.
>>

>> AliR.
>>

>> "Tom Salicos" <TSalicos@Drykilns.net> wrote in message
>>>I have an AppWizard-created MFC program that will not run on my
>>>development computer any longer.  This just happened.  It *will* run on
>>>other computers. Older versions of the same program which I know I
>>>debugged on my development computer will now not run.  All other
>>>dialog-based and MDI programs run okay.  This one just closes immediately
>>>and there are no error messages other than the memory leaks that I would
>>>expect.
>>>
>>> This is VC++ 6.0.
>>> The problem happens in Debug or Release mode.
>>>
>>> In Debug the program closes immediately after this line:
>>>  CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>>>

>>> If I debug into the module AFXMEM.CPP I get this:
>>>
>>> void* PASCAL
>>> CObject::operator new(size_t nSize, LPCSTR lpszFileName, int nLine)
>>> {
>>> return ::operator new(nSize, _CLIENT_BLOCK, lpszFileName, nLine);
>>> }
>>>
>>> nSize == 60836, lpszFileName is the path to MyApp.CPP and nLine is 126.
>>> The return is 0x00ae0068.
>>>

>>> Is there enough info here to deduce anything?
>>>
>>> Doesn't it seem like something is corrupted on my development computer?
>>>
>>> Thanks for help,
>>> Tom S

0
TSalicos (16)
3/12/2008 8:46:19 PM
Did you check you CMainFrame constructor?  Set a break point there to see if
it reaches that code, and if there is an error there.

AliR.

"Tom Salicos" <TSalicos@Drykilns.net> wrote in message
>I have an AppWizard-created MFC program that will not run on my development
>computer any longer.  This just happened.  It *will* run on other
>computers. Older versions of the same program which I know I debugged on my
>development computer will now not run.  All other dialog-based and MDI
>programs run okay.  This one just closes immediately and there are no error
>messages other than the memory leaks that I would expect.
>
> This is VC++ 6.0.
> The problem happens in Debug or Release mode.
>
> In Debug the program closes immediately after this line:
>  CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>

> If I debug into the module AFXMEM.CPP I get this:
>
> void* PASCAL
> CObject::operator new(size_t nSize, LPCSTR lpszFileName, int nLine)
> {
> return ::operator new(nSize, _CLIENT_BLOCK, lpszFileName, nLine);
> }
>
> nSize == 60836, lpszFileName is the path to MyApp.CPP and nLine is 126.
> The return is 0x00ae0068.
>

> Is there enough info here to deduce anything?
>
> Doesn't it seem like something is corrupted on my development computer?
>
> Thanks for help,
> Tom S

0
AliR3470 (3235)
3/12/2008 8:50:01 PM
It may be a problem creating one or more of the objects that are members of
the mainframe class (views, data objects, etc.)  Did you add anything new
recently?

Tom

> It *does* make it to the CMainFrame constructor.  I had put a breakpoint
> within the body and it never made it there.  I put a breakpoint on the
> "open" paren for the function and it stopped.  I am now stepping through
> to see if I can see anything.
>
> Tom
>

> "Tom Salicos" <TSalicos@Drykilns.net> wrote in message
>> It does not reach the CMainFrame constructor.  I can step into the malloc
>> in afxmem that returns the pointer 0x00ae0068, and back out to the
>> original break point on the line shown below (in InitInstance() ):
>>
>>   CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>>
>> As soon as I step off of this line the program closes.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tom
>>

>> "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
>>> Did you check you CMainFrame constructor?  Set a break point there to
>>> see if it reaches that code, and if there is an error there.
>>>

>>> AliR.
>>>

>>> "Tom Salicos" <TSalicos@Drykilns.net> wrote in message

0
tom.nospam (3240)
3/12/2008 10:49:14 PM
Young whippersnapper!

(It's been a while since I last saw 59...)

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:06:15 -0600, "Tom Salicos" <TSalicos@Drykilns.net> wrote:

>"Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Mar 12, 2:43 pm, "Tom Salicos" <TSali...@Drykilns.net> wrote:
>>> I have an AppWizard-created MFC program that will not run on my
>>> development
>>> computer any longer.  This just happened.  It *will* run on other
>>> computers.
>>> Older versions of the same program which I know I debugged on my
>>> development
>>> computer will now not run.  All other dialog-based and MDI programs run
>>> okay.  This one just closes immediately and there are no error messages
>>> other than the memory leaks that I would expect.
>>>
>>> This is VC++ 6.0.
>>> The problem happens in Debug or Release mode.
>>>
>>> In Debug the program closes immediately after this line:
>>>   CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>>>
>>> If I debug into the module AFXMEM.CPP I get this:
>>>
>>> void* PASCAL
>>> CObject::operator new(size_t nSize, LPCSTR lpszFileName, int nLine)
>>> {
>>>  return ::operator new(nSize, _CLIENT_BLOCK, lpszFileName, nLine);
>>>
>>> }
>>>
>>> nSize == 60836, lpszFileName is the path to MyApp.CPP and nLine is 126.
>>> The return is 0x00ae0068.
>>>
>>> Is there enough info here to deduce anything?
>>>
>>> Doesn't it seem like something is corrupted on my development computer?
>>>
>>> Thanks for help,
>>> Tom S
>>
>> Do clean rebuild. Also delete any ncb, opt, plg files in your project
>> directory and see if that helps. Also reboot your machine and start
>> over.
>>

>> ---
>> Ajay
>>

>Deleted ncb, plg, opt.  No diff.
>Reboot - No diff.
>"Rebuild All" - No diff
>Start over ???? Dude, I'm 59 years old!
>
>Tom

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
3/12/2008 11:24:00 PM
On Mar 12, 4:46 pm, "Tom Salicos" <TSali...@Drykilns.net> wrote:
> It *does* make it to the CMainFrame constructor.  I had put a breakpoint
> within the body and it never made it there.  I put a breakpoint on the
> "open" paren for the function and it stopped.  I am now stepping through to
> see if I can see anything.
>
> Tom
>
> "Tom Salicos" <TSali...@Drykilns.net> wrote in message

> > It does not reach the CMainFrame constructor.  I can step into the malloc
> > in afxmem that returns the pointer 0x00ae0068, and back out to the
> > original break point on the line shown below (in InitInstance() ):
>
> >   CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>
> > As soon as I step off of this line the program closes.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Tom
>
> > "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <A...@online.nospam> wrote in message
> >> Did you check you CMainFrame constructor?  Set a break point there to see
> >> if it reaches that code, and if there is an error there.
>
> >> AliR.
>
> >> "Tom Salicos" <TSali...@Drykilns.net> wrote in message

Also turn all exceptions on whey you are step in. It may be throwing
something unexpected.

---
Ajay
0
ajaykalra (6842)

Creating Multiple charts in an Excel Sheet :Post 2
Hi, I am posting this for the second time.Please provide me some help. I need to create a macro in Access which creates a report in an excel sheet. The excel sheet should contain a number of sheets (Sheet 1,Sheet 2,Sheet 3....).Inside each Sheet around 9 charts have to be displayed. Is it possible to create a macro for the same? Please can somebody help me with some vba code for creating multiple charts in a single excel sheet. Thanks, Sobha You should be able to find something here for the charting piece. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/chartvba.html "i.sobha@gmail.co...

Create two curves with different time histories in same chart?
I have two time series with different sample intervals I want to present the curves in the same chart You can plot both series together in an XY chart. However, an XY chart doesn't give as nice formatting options for dates along the axis (for example, in a line chart you can have a tick mark and label at the first of each month, but not on an XY chart). To preserve this, make a line chart with both series, then select one, right click on it, choose Chart Type, and select an XY type. If necessary, format the XY chart so it is plotted on the primary axis with the line chart. - Jon -...

create a look up
I would like to create a look up for a field in a form. I would like to put in a customer number that will bring up their name and address info. How can I do this? Thanks in advance for your assistance. "JMD.Park" wrote: > I would like to create a look up for a field in a form. I would like to put > in a customer number that will bring up their name and address info. I would like the address and info to come from a table in the same database. How can > I do this? Thanks in advance for your assistance. On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:51:02 -0800, JMD.Park wrote: ...

Creating a subbook from a workbook.
Excel 2002. I have a master workbook that contains 75 sheets. Each sheet represents a territory. I have six persons, each of which is responsible for a subset of these 75 territories. I want to create six workbooks, that derive their data from the master workbook. Each of these workbooks will have about a dozen sheets, My question is this: How can I create these six workbooks such that the sheets in these workbooks point back to the sheets in the master workbook? I know how to make cells point to cells in other workbooks. But I want to make the whole sheet point to another shee...

How do you create a drop-down menu within a cell in Excel?
How do you create a drop-down menu within a cell in Excel? You can use data validation. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Jimmy wrote: > How do you create a drop-down menu within a cell in Excel? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

creating a rule to print attachments
Good morning, All! I am having a problem with the following rule creation: If I receive an e-mail that has an attachment (let's just limit this to .pdf files for the moment...I am sure that there is a flaw in that thought-process...I am more interested in the rules creation thought-process at the moment) and I would like to print both the e-mail itself and the accompanying attachment how do I do that? I can print just the e-mail no problem. I can open Adobe Acrobat Reader no problem. However, I can not get Adobe Reader to open that specific attachment and I can not get that atta...

Creating Charts from dropdown option
I have a worksheet with countries in A2 to (approx) A22 and the month (Jan - Dec) in B2 to M2 ... is it possible to create a dropdown box (o the countries in column A - using a named range i would think) so tha when the user chooses a country it creates a bar chart of only the dat for that country (Jan-Dec) and creates titles and corrext axi accordingly? I have seen various examples on the net but cant seem t apply them to my (simple) data. Many thanks for your help with this matter guys ! -- GazM ----------------------------------------------------------------------- GazMo's Profile: h...

Can I use asp.net editor to create a vbs?
Can I use asp.net editor to create a vbs with intellisense and syntax check? -- Message posted via DotNetMonster.com http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/asp-net/200911/1 On Nov 20, 10:45=A0pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote: > Can I use asp.net editor to create a vbs with intellisense and syntax che= ck? > > -- > Message posted via DotNetMonster.comhttp://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Foru= ms.aspx/asp-net/200911/1 What editor do you mean? Visual Studio .Net? Yes, it does intellisense for vbs (why don't you try before...

HELP!need help to create a leaflet..
need to create an 8 page leaflet/booklet, or 2 books of 4 pages. cant find the template to do this! please help! File, page setup, booklet. Earlier versions of Publisher will say "special fold" -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm For better access to Microsoft Newsgroups http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/newsgroups/setup.asp "annaeb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:791D00CF-6548-48FF-98F9-63C9CEF43A11@microsoft.com... > need to create an 8 page leaflet/bo...

create a rule for *@domain.dns
hi, i'd like to create a mail rule in my outlook2003. All mails from domain.dns should be moved to a specific folder. but what is the wildcast character? i tried *@domain.dns and @domain.dns as well as domain.dns but it seems that only complete adresses like user@domain.dns are allowed. but i don't know "all" adresses of that company. So how to create such a rule? thanks for any help on this. Jan Jan Schmidt wrote: > hi, > > i'd like to create a mail rule in my outlook2003. > All mails from domain.dns should be moved to a specific folder. >...

how to create a formula to hide specific rows after meeting requi
A formula cannot change the appearance of a cell You could use Format |Conditional Formatting to give the cells in the row a font colour the same as the background so as to be invisible. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "DNelson" <DNelson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F91D2FC-598C-4355-97EC-A5B2534D88C7@microsoft.com... > Hi D., or a filter to hide the rows, and the formulas work the same as for Conditional Formatting the object is to produce True or False (or the equivalent). Some informatio...

How is a Paretto chart created in Excel?
Do any of you Power-Users of Excel know how I can create a Paretto (sp?) chart within Excel? It's spelled "Pareto". Google has 251000 hits for Pareto chart Excel, but it's worth remembering that Pareto charts are available among the histogram options in the Data Analysis toolpak addin. See Excel help.. -- David Biddulph "Kim, Chem-Engineer" <Kim, Chem-Engineer @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EC68AF2-F927-4493-A155-3D307E632010@microsoft.com... > Do any of you Power-Users of Excel know how I can create a Paretto (sp?) > chart w...

Creating a link to the text in a textbox
In some of the Publisher templates (Newsletters), the text in the footer is automatically updated when the text in another textbox (for Instance "Volume 1, N 1") changes. How can I create such a link? I do not find a field such as StyleRef, I cannot refer to the contents of a bookmark as you can do in Word, and paste link within the publication does not work???? RM ...

mailboxes are not being created when I create new AD user account
Even though I select the check box asking that a mailbox be created nothing is created. This has been an ongoing issue with our exchange server. What I have been doing is just renaming old accounts and deleting all the mail data essentially cleaning out and old mailbox to give to a new user. I have run out of old accounts. Like I said this has been an ongoing issue. When it first occurred it only happpened sometimes. But now I am not able to create a new NT account that creates a mailbox. I have tried creating an account without a mailbox then trying to go through 'exchange tasks...

Another user is creating this item #2
Hi, Another user is creating this item - error - when trying to create a new inventory item. If any body have a solution please let me know. Thanks & Regards What version of GP are you using? This was a problem in V6 but was fixed. If you are using a newer version, get everyone out of the application and release all SQL sessions and locks -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Rainu Jacob" wrote: > Hi, > &...

How do I create a list in excel that contains external data?
I have spreadsheets linked to external data sources but I also need to add data to them. Whenever the data source is refreshed rows are correctly added or deleted from the columns containing external data but not from the columns containing my data. My rows end up not corresponding to the external data rows. I thought designating the entire data range as alist might help but I recieved an error that says you can't make a list that contains external data. Any one have suggestions? You could store the related data on a separate sheet. Then, on the worksheet with the external data...

How do I create a spreadsheet in Excel?
I need to set up a spreadsheet for a business and do not know how to go about it. Does anyone have any assistance they can offer? See "Hints and tips for new posters... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm -and- Small Business Templates... http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT102403971033.aspx -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "1HotMomma" wrote in message I need to set up a spreadsheet for a business and do not know how to go about it. Does anyone have any assistance th...

How to create Auto Regenerating Dropboxs in data entry forms
I'm trying to create an auto generating drop box on a data entry form. That is, someone would be entering data that may pertain to more that one project. I'd like to have a drop down menu that, once a value is selected from it, an exact duplicate appears underneath, and the user can enter as many projects as are associated with that data. I'm not sure how to do this. Make your combo box an unbound control. In the After Update event of the combo, set the Default Value of the control you want to populate to the value in the combo. I am assuming the combo is on the main fo...

Can I create a page template with A4 width, but infinite length?
I would like to be able to create a template with A4 width, but a variable length that increases as I type, just as it does in a default blank document. I am a student and I like to copy and paste lecture notes from Word straight into OneNote (2007). Unfortunately my lecture notes stretch across more than one page of A4. At the moment, seeing as I can't find a way to limit the page width without altering the 'bottomless' page length I am left with two (unsatisfactory) options: (a) copy text into a default blank document, meaning it gets resized when I print, (givi...

Creating a graph of top ten results
Im creating a database to monitor machine downtime on Access 2000. There are 168 different fault alarms that cause downtime incidents. I'm trying to create a report in a graph format that will only show the top ten fault alarms, ie, the ten fault alarms that occur the most. Thanks for the help. Tommy ...

Mapland Excel Addin
Here a diffterent type of problem but still wondering if anyone has an answer First off is anyone familiar with the addin for excel by software illustrated if so please respond. I would like to progrmatically create 500-1000 different maps that vary based on region, district and territory. I have the data in an aligment file in excel and can mnaully get this addin to generate the maps, but generating 500-1000 maps is something at out company i can't do. Does any one have an ideas? Hi, Could you send a sample of what an alignment file is and a resulting map looks like? Maybe I can d...

How to create a xy stick diagram?
I want to create a xy diagram with verical sticks (lines), where the stick position is defined by the x-values, the stick lengh by the y-values. (context: mass spectrometry). There is no such standard chart type - at least I could not find it. Hi Create a xy scatter, markers only. Add negative custom Y error bars to the data series using your Y values as the data for your error bars. Jon Peltier's wab on error bars should help. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html Cheers Andy heinrich wrote: > I want to create a xy diagram with verical sticks (lines), where ...

How to create tent cards with a mail merge
I am a meeting planner and I have a list of 300+ clients that routinely need tent cards. I have a list in excel that I merge from. However, when I do it now, each name takes up two pages. So if I only wanted to print Dr. So and So's tent card, I would have to select "print" pages 1 & 2. Isn't there a way to have a mirror page or something instead of it's own page? Can you kind of explain this better. Do you want the doctor's name on both sides of the card? Do you want to print only the doctor's card? What size are the tent cards? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MV...

How to mark and creat index in Publisher 2003
When I make a book in Publisher 2003, it looks like the same in Word 2003. But how can I mark and creat index in Publisher 2003, and creat the contents in the head of the book? Thanks a lot. ----James Manually. There is no function built into Publisher to do that. -- ...

File specs for realworld uma created files pre conversion to GP Dy
I am working on an upgrade from realworld to GP Dyn 8. I am using the uma tool to do the conversion. The client has made extensive changes to the chart of accounts and other data, so I need to modify this info prior to transferring it to GP. I have looked but can't seem to put my finger on the file specs that the uma tool creates when it creates the files to convert to GP. I need to know the field names and what they represent. I looked in the uma tool docs, but couldn't find what I was looking for. Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks in advance, Suzanne ...