MainFrame Aborts When Created

I have an AppWizard-created MFC program that will not run on my development
computer any longer.  This just happened.  It *will* run on other computers.
Older versions of the same program which I know I debugged on my development
computer will now not run.  All other dialog-based and MDI programs run
okay.  This one just closes immediately and there are no error messages
other than the memory leaks that I would expect.

This is VC++ 6.0.
The problem happens in Debug or Release mode.

In Debug the program closes immediately after this line:
  CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;

If I debug into the module AFXMEM.CPP I get this:

void* PASCAL
CObject::operator new(size_t nSize, LPCSTR lpszFileName, int nLine)
{
 return ::operator new(nSize, _CLIENT_BLOCK, lpszFileName, nLine);
}

nSize == 60836, lpszFileName is the path to MyApp.CPP and nLine is 126.
The return is 0x00ae0068.

Is there enough info here to deduce anything?

Doesn't it seem like something is corrupted on my development computer?

Thanks for help,
Tom S

0
TSalicos (16)
3/12/2008 6:43:30 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Tom Salicos" <TSalicos@Drykilns.net> wrote in message
>I have an AppWizard-created MFC program that will not run on my development
>computer any longer.  This just happened.  It *will* run on other
>computers. Older versions of the same program which I know I debugged on my
>development computer will now not run.  All other dialog-based and MDI
>programs run okay.  This one just closes immediately and there are no error
>messages other than the memory leaks that I would expect.
>
> This is VC++ 6.0.
> The problem happens in Debug or Release mode.
>
> In Debug the program closes immediately after this line:
>  CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>

> If I debug into the module AFXMEM.CPP I get this:
>
> void* PASCAL
> CObject::operator new(size_t nSize, LPCSTR lpszFileName, int nLine)
> {
> return ::operator new(nSize, _CLIENT_BLOCK, lpszFileName, nLine);
> }
>
> nSize == 60836, lpszFileName is the path to MyApp.CPP and nLine is 126.
> The return is 0x00ae0068.
>

> Is there enough info here to deduce anything?
>
> Doesn't it seem like something is corrupted on my development computer?
>
> Thanks for help,
> Tom S

What does your CMainFrame constructor look like?  Is it attempting to create
some object that no longer exists on your system?

--
============
Frank Hickman

On Mar 12, 2:43 pm, "Tom Salicos" <TSali...@Drykilns.net> wrote:
> I have an AppWizard-created MFC program that will not run on my development
> computer any longer.  This just happened.  It *will* run on other computers.
> Older versions of the same program which I know I debugged on my development
> computer will now not run.  All other dialog-based and MDI programs run
> okay.  This one just closes immediately and there are no error messages
> other than the memory leaks that I would expect.
>
> This is VC++ 6.0.
> The problem happens in Debug or Release mode.
>
> In Debug the program closes immediately after this line:
>   CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>
> If I debug into the module AFXMEM.CPP I get this:
>
> void* PASCAL
> CObject::operator new(size_t nSize, LPCSTR lpszFileName, int nLine)
> {
>  return ::operator new(nSize, _CLIENT_BLOCK, lpszFileName, nLine);
>
> }
>
> nSize == 60836, lpszFileName is the path to MyApp.CPP and nLine is 126.
> The return is 0x00ae0068.
>
> Is there enough info here to deduce anything?
>
> Doesn't it seem like something is corrupted on my development computer?
>
> Thanks for help,
> Tom S

Do clean rebuild. Also delete any ncb, opt, plg files in your project
directory and see if that helps. Also reboot your machine and start
over.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
> On Mar 12, 2:43 pm, "Tom Salicos" <TSali...@Drykilns.net> wrote:
>> I have an AppWizard-created MFC program that will not run on my
>> development
>> computer any longer.  This just happened.  It *will* run on other
>> computers.
>> Older versions of the same program which I know I debugged on my
>> development
>> computer will now not run.  All other dialog-based and MDI programs run
>> okay.  This one just closes immediately and there are no error messages
>> other than the memory leaks that I would expect.
>>
>> This is VC++ 6.0.
>> The problem happens in Debug or Release mode.
>>
>> In Debug the program closes immediately after this line:
>>   CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>>
>> If I debug into the module AFXMEM.CPP I get this:
>>
>> void* PASCAL
>> CObject::operator new(size_t nSize, LPCSTR lpszFileName, int nLine)
>> {
>>  return ::operator new(nSize, _CLIENT_BLOCK, lpszFileName, nLine);
>>
>> }
>>
>> nSize == 60836, lpszFileName is the path to MyApp.CPP and nLine is 126.
>> The return is 0x00ae0068.
>>
>> Is there enough info here to deduce anything?
>>
>> Doesn't it seem like something is corrupted on my development computer?
>>
>> Thanks for help,
>> Tom S
>
> Do clean rebuild. Also delete any ncb, opt, plg files in your project
> directory and see if that helps. Also reboot your machine and start
> over.
>

> ---
> Ajay

Deleted ncb, plg, opt.  No diff.
Reboot - No diff.
"Rebuild All" - No diff
Start over ???? Dude, I'm 59 years old!

Tom

0
TSalicos (16)
3/12/2008 8:06:15 PM
It does not reach the CMainFrame constructor.  I can step into the malloc in
afxmem that returns the pointer 0x00ae0068, and back out to the original
break point on the line shown below (in InitInstance() ):

   CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;

As soon as I step off of this line the program closes.

Thanks,
Tom

"AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
> Did you check you CMainFrame constructor?  Set a break point there to see
> if it reaches that code, and if there is an error there.
>

> AliR.
>

> "Tom Salicos" <TSalicos@Drykilns.net> wrote in message
>>I have an AppWizard-created MFC program that will not run on my
>>development computer any longer.  This just happened.  It *will* run on
>>other computers. Older versions of the same program which I know I
>>debugged on my development computer will now not run.  All other
>>dialog-based and MDI programs run okay.  This one just closes immediately
>>and there are no error messages other than the memory leaks that I would
>>expect.
>>
>> This is VC++ 6.0.
>> The problem happens in Debug or Release mode.
>>
>> In Debug the program closes immediately after this line:
>>  CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>>

>> If I debug into the module AFXMEM.CPP I get this:
>>
>> void* PASCAL
>> CObject::operator new(size_t nSize, LPCSTR lpszFileName, int nLine)
>> {
>> return ::operator new(nSize, _CLIENT_BLOCK, lpszFileName, nLine);
>> }
>>
>> nSize == 60836, lpszFileName is the path to MyApp.CPP and nLine is 126.
>> The return is 0x00ae0068.
>>

>> Is there enough info here to deduce anything?
>>
>> Doesn't it seem like something is corrupted on my development computer?
>>
>> Thanks for help,
>> Tom S

0
TSalicos (16)
3/12/2008 8:21:56 PM
It *does* make it to the CMainFrame constructor.  I had put a breakpoint
within the body and it never made it there.  I put a breakpoint on the
"open" paren for the function and it stopped.  I am now stepping through to
see if I can see anything.

Tom

> It does not reach the CMainFrame constructor.  I can step into the malloc
> in afxmem that returns the pointer 0x00ae0068, and back out to the
> original break point on the line shown below (in InitInstance() ):
>
>   CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>
> As soon as I step off of this line the program closes.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
>

> "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
>> Did you check you CMainFrame constructor?  Set a break point there to see
>> if it reaches that code, and if there is an error there.
>>

>> AliR.
>>

>> "Tom Salicos" <TSalicos@Drykilns.net> wrote in message
>>>I have an AppWizard-created MFC program that will not run on my
>>>development computer any longer.  This just happened.  It *will* run on
>>>other computers. Older versions of the same program which I know I
>>>debugged on my development computer will now not run.  All other
>>>dialog-based and MDI programs run okay.  This one just closes immediately
>>>and there are no error messages other than the memory leaks that I would
>>>expect.
>>>
>>> This is VC++ 6.0.
>>> The problem happens in Debug or Release mode.
>>>
>>> In Debug the program closes immediately after this line:
>>>  CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>>>

>>> If I debug into the module AFXMEM.CPP I get this:
>>>
>>> void* PASCAL
>>> CObject::operator new(size_t nSize, LPCSTR lpszFileName, int nLine)
>>> {
>>> return ::operator new(nSize, _CLIENT_BLOCK, lpszFileName, nLine);
>>> }
>>>
>>> nSize == 60836, lpszFileName is the path to MyApp.CPP and nLine is 126.
>>> The return is 0x00ae0068.
>>>

>>> Is there enough info here to deduce anything?
>>>
>>> Doesn't it seem like something is corrupted on my development computer?
>>>
>>> Thanks for help,
>>> Tom S

0
TSalicos (16)
3/12/2008 8:46:19 PM
Did you check you CMainFrame constructor?  Set a break point there to see if
it reaches that code, and if there is an error there.

AliR.

"Tom Salicos" <TSalicos@Drykilns.net> wrote in message
>I have an AppWizard-created MFC program that will not run on my development
>computer any longer.  This just happened.  It *will* run on other
>computers. Older versions of the same program which I know I debugged on my
>development computer will now not run.  All other dialog-based and MDI
>programs run okay.  This one just closes immediately and there are no error
>messages other than the memory leaks that I would expect.
>
> This is VC++ 6.0.
> The problem happens in Debug or Release mode.
>
> In Debug the program closes immediately after this line:
>  CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>

> If I debug into the module AFXMEM.CPP I get this:
>
> void* PASCAL
> CObject::operator new(size_t nSize, LPCSTR lpszFileName, int nLine)
> {
> return ::operator new(nSize, _CLIENT_BLOCK, lpszFileName, nLine);
> }
>
> nSize == 60836, lpszFileName is the path to MyApp.CPP and nLine is 126.
> The return is 0x00ae0068.
>

> Is there enough info here to deduce anything?
>
> Doesn't it seem like something is corrupted on my development computer?
>
> Thanks for help,
> Tom S

0
AliR3470 (3236)
3/12/2008 8:50:01 PM
It may be a problem creating one or more of the objects that are members of
the mainframe class (views, data objects, etc.)  Did you add anything new
recently?

Tom

> It *does* make it to the CMainFrame constructor.  I had put a breakpoint
> within the body and it never made it there.  I put a breakpoint on the
> "open" paren for the function and it stopped.  I am now stepping through
> to see if I can see anything.
>
> Tom
>

> "Tom Salicos" <TSalicos@Drykilns.net> wrote in message
>> It does not reach the CMainFrame constructor.  I can step into the malloc
>> in afxmem that returns the pointer 0x00ae0068, and back out to the
>> original break point on the line shown below (in InitInstance() ):
>>
>>   CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>>
>> As soon as I step off of this line the program closes.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tom
>>

>> "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
>>> Did you check you CMainFrame constructor?  Set a break point there to
>>> see if it reaches that code, and if there is an error there.
>>>

>>> AliR.
>>>

>>> "Tom Salicos" <TSalicos@Drykilns.net> wrote in message

0
tom.nospam (3240)
3/12/2008 10:49:14 PM
Young whippersnapper!

(It's been a while since I last saw 59...)

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:06:15 -0600, "Tom Salicos" <TSalicos@Drykilns.net> wrote:

>"Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Mar 12, 2:43 pm, "Tom Salicos" <TSali...@Drykilns.net> wrote:
>>> I have an AppWizard-created MFC program that will not run on my
>>> development
>>> computer any longer.  This just happened.  It *will* run on other
>>> computers.
>>> Older versions of the same program which I know I debugged on my
>>> development
>>> computer will now not run.  All other dialog-based and MDI programs run
>>> okay.  This one just closes immediately and there are no error messages
>>> other than the memory leaks that I would expect.
>>>
>>> This is VC++ 6.0.
>>> The problem happens in Debug or Release mode.
>>>
>>> In Debug the program closes immediately after this line:
>>>   CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>>>
>>> If I debug into the module AFXMEM.CPP I get this:
>>>
>>> void* PASCAL
>>> CObject::operator new(size_t nSize, LPCSTR lpszFileName, int nLine)
>>> {
>>>  return ::operator new(nSize, _CLIENT_BLOCK, lpszFileName, nLine);
>>>
>>> }
>>>
>>> nSize == 60836, lpszFileName is the path to MyApp.CPP and nLine is 126.
>>> The return is 0x00ae0068.
>>>
>>> Is there enough info here to deduce anything?
>>>
>>> Doesn't it seem like something is corrupted on my development computer?
>>>
>>> Thanks for help,
>>> Tom S
>>
>> Do clean rebuild. Also delete any ncb, opt, plg files in your project
>> directory and see if that helps. Also reboot your machine and start
>> over.
>>

>> ---
>> Ajay
>>

>Deleted ncb, plg, opt.  No diff.
>Reboot - No diff.
>"Rebuild All" - No diff
>Start over ???? Dude, I'm 59 years old!
>
>Tom

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
3/12/2008 11:24:00 PM
On Mar 12, 4:46 pm, "Tom Salicos" <TSali...@Drykilns.net> wrote:
> It *does* make it to the CMainFrame constructor.  I had put a breakpoint
> within the body and it never made it there.  I put a breakpoint on the
> "open" paren for the function and it stopped.  I am now stepping through to
> see if I can see anything.
>
> Tom
>
> "Tom Salicos" <TSali...@Drykilns.net> wrote in message

> > It does not reach the CMainFrame constructor.  I can step into the malloc
> > in afxmem that returns the pointer 0x00ae0068, and back out to the
> > original break point on the line shown below (in InitInstance() ):
>
> >   CMainFrame* pFrame = new CMainFrame;
>
> > As soon as I step off of this line the program closes.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Tom
>
> > "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <A...@online.nospam> wrote in message
> >> Did you check you CMainFrame constructor?  Set a break point there to see
> >> if it reaches that code, and if there is an error there.
>
> >> AliR.
>
> >> "Tom Salicos" <TSali...@Drykilns.net> wrote in message

Also turn all exceptions on whey you are step in. It may be throwing
something unexpected.

---
Ajay
0
ajaykalra (6842)

creating service orders in RMS
Hi, I was wondering if someone knows how to create a "service" order for a retailer rather a regular work order. the case is that the retailer is filing service or warranty orders for its customers with suppliers. the retailer is not charging for it but needs a tool that keeps track of service tickets with customers and suppliers in RMS if you have any suggestions, I'd be grateful. thanks :) ...

Allow existing items lookup when creating a Kit with New Item Wiza
Currently when using the New Item Wizard to create a kit, you can key in the kit compoents which are then created as items using the Kit's ItemLookupCode as a prefix. The user should be able to attach existing items to a kit. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Creating a Custom Border
I found how to make a custom border; however, publisher says my image is too complicated. I already have the border somewhere else, so I know it has been done. I can't use the border I already have though because when I stretch it the resolution is too low to use as full page border. I tried to change the format of the image to .bmp and .gif but that had no effect on being told that the image was too complicated. Any suggestions for either convincing publisher to use the image or to prevent the resolution on the already created border to look poor blown up? Or even a program that I ...

Create XML coforming to a XSD
Hello, I have data contained in different tables in the SQL Server database. Now I need to pull data from these tables (using a SP or a simple query) and then create a XML file that conforms to a particular XSD. I was just wondering if I could get any pointers on how I can use the .NET XML libraries to this. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Ganesh Hi Ganesh, The following article describes how you can use classes in the System.XML.Schema namespace of the Microsoft .NET Framework to build a tool that generates sample XML documents that conform to a given schema: http://msdn.micro...

Error 429
I am getting the error "Error 429: activeX component can't create object". Here is all the code (it executes when I click on a control in a form): Private Sub Command0_Click() Dim sock1 As Winsock Set sock1 = New Winsock sock1.RemotePort = 1000 End Sub Any insight would be appreciated ...

Dexterity
Anyone can advise on the above issue?? Much appreciated. Regards Ken Ken- I'm sure there are several ways, but here's what I do. This is going to be long.... Regards, Brenner (bklenzman@klenzmanconsulting.com). (1) create a script that dynamically executes the script below. Pass in the table name as a variable. tDex = ""; tDex = tDex + "close table " + sTableTechName + ". "; tDex = tDex + "open table " + sTableTechName + ". "; tDex = tDex + "close table " + sTableTechName + ". "; iErrCnt = execute(i...

Creating View where Case has been open for more than X days
Hello, I am trying to create a view to show me all Active cases that have been open for more than X number of days. The operand does not seem to be available in building the view. I see where I can define that the case was create in the last x days, but I kindof need a case was NOT created in the last X days. Any thoughts on how to do this? I am trying to show cases that are getting old since create date. Thanks There is nothing that I know of in the core product that would let you do this. Our add-on, VAST, by tracking all changes made to Microsoft CRM, also can tell you what DIDN'...

how to create line Chart with large number of data points
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Excel allows only some 200 data points. I would need 1025! Is there a way to achieve that or do I have to look for some other special charting software Thanks! You are right. I found the solution. ...

Help me ! I want to create two or more functions work in one cell.
I want to create two or more functions to works in one cell, respectively: IF(AND(B5=B21,A5=A22),SUM(C5),"") and IF(AND(B5=B21,A6=A22),SUM(C6),"") Independently they work but when I�m ordering one by one in sell appears FEALS. I tried to apply before OR , IF(OR �. , but something�s wrong. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com One way: =(B5=B21)*((A5=A22)*C5 + (A6=A22)*C6) In article <506CF7B1FC9F0@OfficeKB.com>, "peter via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote: > I want to create two or more functions to works in one cell...

create a new user
I just created a new user in GP 8.0, assigned the user to a class, and company. I checked SQL Server and found the user is also created in database. But I got "There isn't a valid login record on the server for the user ID and password you entered." when I tried to login the new user. Do I need to do more to create a new user? Please help. Thanks. You need to have the SQL options Create Server Logons as well as Create Database Users turned on. This can be done through GPUtilities -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help lea...

how to use a message which cannot create by classwidar
I want use CWnd::OnDeviceChange() but,I may must do it by myself. I try it ,but it cannot work. how to do it? thanks a lot. valkyrie wrote: > I want use CWnd::OnDeviceChange() > but,I may must do it by myself. > I try it ,but it cannot work. > how to do it? > > > thanks a lot. > > Any Windows message can be handled by typing an ON_MESSAGE line into your message map: BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(..., ...) ... ON_MESSAGE(WM_DEVICECHANGE, OnDeviceChange) END_MESSAGE_MAP() -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

Create a column upon insertion or overwriting of data.
Hello, What should I read up on, where to look, what is the function or feature called, to learn how Excel spreadsheet be configured so that upon insertion or overwriting data in a cell, a new cell will be populated with the results that display relative difference and a percentage of change ? Peter Hi Peter, You should look at the Worksheet_Change event. If you are not familiar with macros, you may wish to visit David McRitchie's 'Getting Started With Macros And User Defined Functions' at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm For information on event ...

How to create an .oft from .htm
Hello, how can I create an outlook .oft file from an .htm file? thanx, Marco J.L. Turn off WordMail as your editor. Create a new HTML email message. Choose Insert | FIle | As Text and select your .htm file. Use File | Save As to save as an .oft file. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Marco J.L." <luyendyk@yahoo.com.news> wrote in message news:OUXzDAfXEHA.2908@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > how can I creat...

create a relationship to either a contact or a company
Hi I notice that a case has a very nice feature. It has a single field customerid and two relationships mapping customerid to either a contact or a company, thus allowing the user to specify either a contact or a company when filling in the customer field. I've tried this with a custom entity and (not surprisingly) it fails when I try to create the second mapping with the error that the schema name is already in use. Can anybody suggest a clean way around this? cheers Mike ...

Create file fails for virtual com port zero
Hi all, I am trying to configure com port zero for virtual com port and create file fails when trying to open port zero . Please see the code snippet below for your reference HANDLE h = RegisterDevice (L"COM", 0, L"btd.dll", (DWORD)&pp); if(h == NULL) { printf(" Register bluetooth comm port failed handle returns NULL with error %d\n",GetLastError()); Sleep(10000); return FALSE; } wsprintf (szComPort, L"COM%d:", index); HANDLE hCommPort = CreateFile (L"COM0:", GENERIC_READ | GENERIC_WRITE, 0, NULL, OPEN_EXIST...

creating a macro that send the current worksheet
I am tring to crete a macro that when it is run sends the current workshhet or workbook attached or embedded in an email. I have tried to just record me selecting SENDTO Email and when i edit the marco nothing apears in the marco code relating to the SENDTO, Is their any way around this? Willa --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ take a look here: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm In article <Willa.y87tm@excelforum-nospam.com>, Willa <Willa.y87tm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > I am tring to crete a macro that when it is run sends the current &g...

create a list of worksheet names (from a single folder, or open files)
I need to create a list of worksheet names (tabs) or all the files (I'd like the file names as well, but think I've already found the add in from http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/index.html that does that part) the purpose is to create a list - from which I will use concatenate to make formulas linking to all the worksheets (they are all formated the same) so I can summarize financial information. (I use concatenate) make massive page of formulas and past special values to another page (creating text that upon adding an = sign in front will become formuals) I've found th...

Creating an lookup price-list
I am trying to build a lookup list in excel but unable to decide how to proceede ? Let me try to illustrate the problem here: I have a price-list workbook which has data like below: Header Row -> Name Brand Packing Price Data Row 1 -> Horlicks Nestle 500 g $10.00 Data Row 2 -> Britannia Nestle 500 g $3.99 Data Row 3 -> Taj Mahal ITC 250 g $7.78 Data Row 4 -> Seaking Grasim 100 ml $4.23 I want to create another worksheet where users can select Names from a dropdown and automaticall the brand, packaging and price column would be filled. Basically the i...

Create new worksheet name with System DateTime
Hi, in Excel VBA coding, How can I create new worksheet name with System DateTime ? Because I understand the name can not have some special character like colon : E.g Let say now is Dec 11, 2005 1:30:29 pm. It needs to put into string format So it will be 12112005133029 Something like: Dim MyDate as String Dim MyTime as String MyTime = Time MyDate = Date ..... after formating wsNew.Name = MyDate & MyTime Please help. Thanks. Regards, Magix One way: wsNew.Name = Format(Now,"mmddyyyyhhmmss") In article <439b924d$1_1@news.tm.net.my>, "magix" <ma...

how can i create link between two sheets
if i want to registar someone in sheet1 with condition of if this person in level 2 his name must appear in sheet 2 in specific schedual "samer aljayeh" wrote: > if i want to register someone in sheet1 > with condition of if this person in level 2 > his name must appear in sheet 2 in specific schedule Venturing a guess here .. Try this sample construct (from my archives): http://savefile.com/files/8936561 Auto-Extract_Data_to_Own_Sheet_by_Category.xls Adapt to suit .. The key "Cat" column in the sample would correspond to, in your case, the key column hou...

Creating Email Templates
Hello, In looking at the various resources, everyone seems to like the email template functionality .. although I do question one thing. Is it possible to create an email template for use in a workflow THAT IS NOT sent to the customer/account? From what I can tell, if you create an Opportunity/Account/Contact email template, all these automatically send the end account/customer the email. What I would like is when a new Opportunity is created to be sent to some Internal users only ... ie. the user's Manager to confirm the presence of a new Opportunity. This from the looks of th...

Creating Mailboxes for Second Domain
I currently have Exchange 2003 server operating in a single domain (abc.com). I want to also create mail accounts for another domain (abc.net) that I own, but this domain is not part of my Actice Directory yet. I'm guessing that the first step is to add the second domain to the Active Direcory. What changes do I need to make to Exchange to recognize the second domain and create the accounts? Is it possible to create mailboxes that do not have an account in Active Directory? Thanks for any help! You don't need to add this domain to AD all you need to do is add the domain to an existi...

How can I create a Gauss chart in Excel
Can I produce a Bell (Gauss) curve in Excell? Consult one or more of these http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/ http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelArticles/mc/NormalDistribution-Excel.html http://www.exceluser.com/explore/normalcurve.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "mince_alors_99" <mince_alors_99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BC21D76-5627-4896-A3DD-29C531C492B7@microsoft.com... > Can I produce a Bell (Gauss) curve in Excell? ...

How do i input data once i've created a form in Access?
Help! I'm new at access, and have just finished creating a form in design view but now can't work out how to begin entering my data as the 'new record' button isn't highlighted. Any suggestions why? Thanks do you have property recordsource set to your table? do you have property allowedits and allowadditions set to yes? How did you open the form? -Dorian "new2access" wrote: > Help! I'm new at access, and have just finished creating a form in design > view but now can't work out how to begin entering my data as the 'new record' > bu...

Can't Create Appointments in OWA 2003
We have Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2002. Our users can create calendar entries using Outlook, but not using Outlook Web Access. When they click 'Save and Close' in the New Appointment window, they get the message 'The appointment can't be opened'. They can access all other Exchange mailbox content normally using OWA. They can even open existing calender items created using Outlook, but they can't amend them. They can copy an e-mail into the Calendar from Inbox. Again, everything works normally in Outlook, but not OWA. -- Paul Anderson IT Systems Support Eas...