Lose focus on CEdit when mouse click with csplitter active

Could someone explain to me, why when I have a split view with a
treeview in one pane and a form in the other pane with cedit controls
on it, that when I click on the cedit control I lose focus and then
regain focus.  This will occur even if the cedit has focus and I click
on the cedit again, it will lose focus and the regain focus?  View
deactiveates and then reactivates, can I stop this?

Thanks,

EK

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

why button action requires 2 clicks
I wrote a simple MFC program for machine control, embeded 3 child window buttons in a pane of a split window. When the program starts, a button click results in the desired action, such as moving forward or backword. After the first button click, the subsequent button click action is somehow ignored, unless I click the button again. I found that if I popup a debug message window and close the message window, the first button click will result in the right action. Can someone tell me the cause of the problem? Thanks. Allan Are you by any chance capturing the mouse and subsequently ...

Detecting the mouse speed
Hi, Does anyone know a way to detect the speed of the mouse? By that I mean: how quickly is the mouse being moved at a given moment. Of course it sounds simple... take the current position, take the elapsed time, divide the two and you're done. The problem with that is that the mouse will go out of the window eventually or hit the side of the screen and stop moving. So it seems that you need to keep re-centering it's position. I've tried setting the mouse position on every frame back to the screen center and seem to be getting random or inconsistent results. Sometimes, even thoug...

Problems opening certain Email Activitys
Hello Gents, I have stumbled across a very interesting problem this morning with the CRM 1.2. When re-activating a case, and opening a Email in the history folder, i get the below error, Now, please understand that this only happens on this case, other cases do not have the same problem. This has me stumped, seeing as the activity is in SQL, any information or guidence would be greatly appreciated. *********************************************************** MSCRM Application Error Report ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Access 2007 scrolling with Left mouse button
Hi, all. I have an Access application written in Access 2003 that we are now testing with Access 2007. When using Access 2003, the users used to be able to scroll through records displayed on a form by positioning the cursor on top of a VCR button and holding down the left mouse button. People with external mice could also cause the same scrolling by using their mouse wheel. Neither of these behaviors happen when the application is run using Access 2007. After reading a number of posts about changing the behavior of the mouse WHEEL when using Access 2007 so it mimics the scrollin...

I would like to open a new instance of Excel each time I double-click on a xls file
HELP I use multiple monitors and often have to work on a number of files at the same time. Word allows me to have multiple windows open and I can mimise them (each one) to the task bar as and when they are not needed. I need to be able to do the same in EXCEl !!!!! Does any one have a nice workaround, other than a number of short cuts to dummy files "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\EXCEL.EXE" / c:\dummy\file1.xls. As to date this my only way has been to open a new instance of EXCEL and then selecting the file I actually want. I am sure there must be a simple set...

error C2511: overloaded member function ~~~ not found in 'CEdit'
Hello. I wonder if I have chosen right group. I have overloaded some function of CEdit and got above error. As far as I have searched msdn and google, this error occurs when parameter is different between overloaded function declaration and definition and this is not my case. I have no idea why I have met this error. In function body, I have used member function of CWnd which is parent of CEdit. I am new to C++ and VC++ and please help me solve this problem. Thanks. "JY Kim" <jkim747.n0zpam@paran.com> wrote in message news:ttgq345serajf5dulj9sqaai0llp7k6h1a@4ax.com... > ...

Right clicking: delay in showing meu
Hi, Occasionally, when I right click on a file, say to rename it, my machine (SP3) becomes almost non responsive; I am not positive some disk activity is taking place, it is not obvious. It can take quite a few seconds before the context menu responds again. It looks like a cache is being rebuild. Then, the right click menu will appear normally for quite a while ... until next time. Is there anything I can do to avoid unnecessary delay in my machine response to a right click. Thanks -- John Doue John Doue wrote: > Hi, > > Occasionally, when I right-click...

Subform can't receive focus after conversion
I have an Access 97 database, that after converting to 2002 (Under a different file name, thank goodness!), has a focus problem. There is a main form with an embedded subform. When the last field in the main form is entered, it should automatically move the focus to the first field in the subform, but doesn't. In fact, no control appears to have the focus. Help? Thanks! Joel ...

I keep losing my address book
Outlook Express - I keep losing my address book, all saved emails...all new emails and all the new folders that I have created go away when I reboot...sometimes. Any ideas? I hate having to keep a paper address book!! Mary This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&...

Upgrading Office test drive to Full version
New Macbook, trying Test Drive. I've read I need to uninstall Test drive before upgrading to the full version. Does this mean I will lose any data I've entered in the Test Drive version? What precautions/backups should I take before upgrading? Thanks, in ignorance!! Sent using the Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac Test Drive. On 8/1/07 7:37 AM, in article C2D62EF1.1BD3%wgard07-entnews@yahoo.co.uk, "John" <wgard07-entnews@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > New Macbook, trying Test Drive. > > I've read I need to uninstall Test drive before upgrading to the full >...

can't see active window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a persistent (but not constant) problem of the active window disappearing when I leave the application and come back. All that shows is the Word menu. I can select the open document from the Window menu, but it doesn't appear. I've tried various ways to make it come back, but the only one that works reliably is that I have to go to the File menu, select Open, and when the Finder window opens to select a document the missing Word window also opens. This also happens in Excel. <br><br>Thou...

Remove Vista Activation use an internal hardware dongle instead.
Almost every user of Windows Vista that I know is completely frustrated by your Windows activation system. Why not simply include a hardware dongle that verifies that only one copy of the software is being used. Without the dongle... the OS would not even boot. Might even stop piracy. Needs to be internal so that it cannot be taken by thieves. Make a serialized dongle that only works with the particular CD installation disk. Or better still.... make a high speed read only internal mini disk that loads the core Operating system. This would prevent Viruses from attacking the core OS...

Can I stop CEdit Beeping?
I am doing this with a CEdit control: ... m_ceShadow->SetSel(nBegin, nEnd); m_ceShadow->ReplaceSel(_T(" ")); I am sure nBegin and nEnd are legitimate values. This creates a Beep but seems to be working fine.. Is the beep an error notification or a normal CEdit response which I can turn off? Thanks eng "Jona Vark" <noemail@all.com> wrote in message news:StWXe.613$Ur.30@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... > I am doing this with a CEdit control: > > .. > m_ceShadow->SetSel(nBegin, nEnd); > m_ceShadow->ReplaceSel(_T(" ")); > &g...

Losing my LMB double-click
I am using a tree class derived from ctreectrl to display a tree of files. I need a certain operation to happen when double-clicking on a file in the tree. Sometimes clicking on a certain file will invoke another dialog (password request, etc). When this happens I never get to my OnLButtonDblClk call because the OnLButtonDown causes the dialog to display and then it doesn't continue past that point. Is there a way to detect from an OnLButtonDown that a double-click was done so I can then force it to continue on to the appropriate handler? I would say that for the click trap the ItemCh...

Credit Card address button activation
I've installed RMS 2.0 and the hot fix 115. When I try to utilize the manual credit card entry the address button isn't active. I've activated/deactivated both EDC buttons and no change. How do you activate the adrress button. -- cthompson@adctech.com Have you entered all EDC info in Administrator, set up the tender type in manager, and Z'd out the register? -- Jeff Faul Merchants Solutions "Curt Thompson" wrote: > I've installed RMS 2.0 and the hot fix 115. When I try to utilize the manual > credit card entry the address button isn't active. ...

Escalating Overdue Activities
Hi, I am trying to create a workflow that will assign an overdue activity to the user's manager if it goes 2 days overdue. I know that i need to use the assign to function but where do you set the "if its 2 days overdue" bit?? Many thanks in advance Ben Hi Ben, If you are using crm3.0 you can write a workflow rule on activity that will do this. When Task is created wait Task.Due Date not null end wait wait for 2 day after Task.Due date if Task.status = open then Assign To: [owner's manager] end if "Ben" wrote: > Hi, > I am trying to create a workfl...

How do I disable border double-click navigation in Excel?
When you select a cell in Excel 2002 (I believe this is true in other versions as well) and double-click on the top or bottom border you will be taken to the cell at the beginning or end of your data. This is similar to pressing CTRL + HOME, CTRL + END, etc. How do I disable the mouse function that allows border double-click navigation? Thanks! This disables that feature, but it also breaks something nice. Tools|options|Edit tab|uncheck Allow cell drag and drop. (I like dragging and dropping, so I've learned to be more careful where I click.) jeb4nardo wrote: > > When you...

"Local Activation" permission
I'm trying to learn how to build ab Event Handler, using the example of Joel Krist: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb802729.aspx But when I publish a Proposal to test my event handler, the publishing fails whatever the proposal name. In the Event Viewer I have the error message several times within the same minute: "The permission settings specific to this application don't allow "Local Activation" permission for the server application COM with the CLSID {61738644-F196-11D0-9953-00C04FD919C1} to the SID PRG2007\srvProjectPool1 of the user (S-1-5-21-...

How to dynamically change the mouse cursor
I have a request to be able to change the cursor dynamically. When you are in an edit box the default cursor is the I Beam. I have a request to change it to something more visible. As far as I am aware this cannot be done in the system settings - correct? If so please direct. Otherwise can you give me a pointer to where I can find out about changing the cursor dynamically - so when they click on the edit box the cursor changes to something easy to see and when they leave it returns to the system value. -- Edward Fultz Sr. Software Engineer Pamet Systems Acton, Ma www.pametsystems.com ...

Blocking mouse clicks
I have an application which when you click one button it goes into a closed loop routine which updates a graph until it finishes its action. I want to disable any mouse clicks during this time because when the operator inadvertently clicks something before the routine finsihes, the display stops updating and an hourglass stays up until the routine finishes. This routine can take as long as 5 minutes. How do I disable mouse clicks during this? Thanks in advance "Eddards" <eddards@verizon.net> wrote in message news:0ImdnTHYtLoo_HHWnZ2dnUVZ_umdnZ2d@giganews.com......

How to create a new document by clicking open?
**** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com **** Hi I'm using VC++ 6 and my problem is that I have a program (MDI) that displays images whenever a user clicks on the open button (on toolbar or menu). Everything works fine, until the user closes the MDI child window. The way my program works is that he now needs to click on 'File > New' to open a blank window, then to click on 'File > Open' to open the image in the newly created window. The user cannot open an image directly with the 'open' button if a blank window is not already created. How ca...

POP3 issues after active update
Just ran the update for Exchange 2003 through auto updates, restarted and now POP3 isnt working. The service is running but port 110 is bound to 0.0.0.0. Before the update it was working perfectly. I restarted and even did a complete shutdown and restart, and still not working. In the event log before the service started was an error that it didnt start, event ID 1036, but it refers to something that isnt even on the machine. This event indicates that the POP3 Virtual Server Instance could not be started because of a problem. The error code in the description, 0x2740 means WSAEADDR...

Alert for conflicing activities?
I have noticed as I have been working to implement CRM 3.0 with our company that CRM will allow two activities that conflict with one another to be created anyway. For example, if I schedule a phone call for Friday at 3:00 p.m. for John Doe's account, and then schedule a phone call for Friday at 3:00 p.m. for Sue Smith's account, I get no flag or warning that I've double booked myself for that day and time. Is this because the activity is not set as a firm appointment, but rather, perhaps, that CRM view it as a task with a due date/time rather than "to do" date and...

Losing Entourage calendar items
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I was working on my calendar setting up some May 2010 dates and I needed to refer to January and discovered Entourage is erasing previous months were of appts. events dates etc. from March 2010 back! How do I prevent it from erasing my calendar items, I want to preserve everything. ...

Active content warning when on a CD
We have developed some documents in Publisher put them on a CD. When the CD is inserted we have the pages come up automatically using autorun.inf. How ever before the pages come up the following error comes up: "Active content can harm your computer or disclose personal information. Are you sure that you want to allow CDs to run active content on your computer?" We didn't add any active content that we know of to the documents. How do I get rid of this message or remove the active content? How did you "compile" (that's the best term I can think of) the Publis...