Looking for Microsoft Office Binary File Format or File Signature data

I have an application which obtains numerous "unidentifiable" files
with no file extension, via FTP, and would like to run some sort of
binary filter on it to identify PPT, DOC, XLS file formats.

I did fine this:    http://www.garykessler.net/library/file_sigs.html

But it seems a messy way of accomplishing this, and is incomplete. Any
clues as to finding the binary record format and/or file signatures of
Office documents (Office 2000 and greater).

- Thanks

0
rfdunn (9)
12/6/2006 12:11:13 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Microsoft POS #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

MS Money 95 data files

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Looking for XPathReader 1.1
Where is XPathReader 1.1 available for download? I have 1.0 and found the 2005 MS announcement for 1.1 but the link was for godotnet which no longer exists. Nothing shows up in a search at the MS download center or Google. Bill ...

data input in text box

upgrade from mac office to pc?

Sorting Data #5

formula based on format

Where is the workspace file stored?

cant start outlook pst file to large

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

Trying to read XML file into dataset

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...