local user information

What are the function that are to be used to get the
local user/current user of a particular computer and the security
descriptors for it?


0
PRG9798 (12)
7/23/2004 1:39:51 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

5 Replies
521 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 7

Check this link. This have the source to query the same.
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psloggedon.shtml


"PRG" <PRG@abc.abc> wrote in message
news:cdr4at$nl3$1@yeppa.connect.com.au...
> What are the function that are to be used to get the
> local user/current user of a particular computer and the security
> descriptors for it?
>
>


0
7/23/2004 2:49:21 PM
"Francis Abraham" <francis_abraham@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:uONlCRMcEHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Check this link. This have the source to query the same.
> http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psloggedon.shtml
>
>
> "PRG" <PRG@abc.abc> wrote in message
> news:cdr4at$nl3$1@yeppa.connect.com.au...
> > What are the function that are to be used to get the
> > local user/current user of a particular computer and the security
> > descriptors for it?
> >
> >
>
>

Thank you very much, however, your suggestion does not merit any
consideration
on the basis that this newsgroup to my understanding is individuals to ask
and receive
as it may be the case, programming tips and advice, not MORONIC SUGGESTIONS.

For your information, I have found what I was looking for.
The functions that I was looking for are LookupAccountName, LookupAccountSid
and the
rest of the functions that are required to query a local user's account
privileges on a local
machine.


0
PRG9798 (12)
7/25/2004 1:21:21 AM
PRG wrote:
> "Francis Abraham" <francis_abraham@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:uONlCRMcEHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> 
>>Check this link. This have the source to query the same.
>>http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psloggedon.shtml
>>
>>
>>"PRG" <PRG@abc.abc> wrote in message
>>news:cdr4at$nl3$1@yeppa.connect.com.au...
>>
>>>What are the function that are to be used to get the
>>>local user/current user of a particular computer and the security
>>>descriptors for it?
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
> 
> Thank you very much, however, your suggestion does not merit any
> consideration
> on the basis that this newsgroup to my understanding is individuals to ask
> and receive
> as it may be the case, programming tips and advice, not MORONIC SUGGESTIONS.

	And how exactly did you decide that it does not merit suggestion? Why 
was it a moronic suggestion? He gave you a link to a website that 
includes *SOURCE CODE* that uses the very same functions you discovered.
	
> For your information, I have found what I was looking for.
> The functions that I was looking for are LookupAccountName, LookupAccountSid
> and the
> rest of the functions that are required to query a local user's account
> privileges on a local
> machine.

	All of which were used in the PsLoggedOn code, freely available on the 
URL above. If only you had bothered to look...
	
	-n

	
0
nikb (49)
7/25/2004 11:32:09 AM
"Nikolaos D. Bougalis" <nikb@webmaster.com> wrote in message
news:3TMMc.150$mg6.25@fed1read02...
> PRG wrote:
> > "Francis Abraham" <francis_abraham@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:uONlCRMcEHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> >
> >>Check this link. This have the source to query the same.
> >>http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psloggedon.shtml
> >>
> >>
> >>"PRG" <PRG@abc.abc> wrote in message
> >>news:cdr4at$nl3$1@yeppa.connect.com.au...
> >>
> >>>What are the function that are to be used to get the
> >>>local user/current user of a particular computer and the security
> >>>descriptors for it?
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >
> > Thank you very much, however, your suggestion does not merit any
> > consideration
> > on the basis that this newsgroup to my understanding is individuals to
ask
> > and receive
> > as it may be the case, programming tips and advice, not MORONIC
SUGGESTIONS.
>
> And how exactly did you decide that it does not merit suggestion? Why
> was it a moronic suggestion? He gave you a link to a website that
> includes *SOURCE CODE* that uses the very same functions you discovered.
>
> > For your information, I have found what I was looking for.
> > The functions that I was looking for are LookupAccountName,
LookupAccountSid
> > and the
> > rest of the functions that are required to query a local user's account
> > privileges on a local
> > machine.
>
> All of which were used in the PsLoggedOn code, freely available on the
> URL above. If only you had bothered to look...
>
> -n
>
>

Quite simple, once I've got the function's name I've done a search on MSDN,
where I found a sample stub for implementing the routine that I needed,
without having to hack through some "obscure" application that may or may
not be written following Microsoft's recomandations and protocols.


0
PRG9798 (12)
7/27/2004 4:08:43 AM
PRG wrote:

> "Nikolaos D. Bougalis" <nikb@webmaster.com> wrote in message
> news:3TMMc.150$mg6.25@fed1read02...
> 
>>PRG wrote:
>>
>>>"Francis Abraham" <francis_abraham@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>news:uONlCRMcEHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>>
>>>>Check this link. This have the source to query the same.
>>>>http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psloggedon.shtml
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>"PRG" <PRG@abc.abc> wrote in message
>>>>news:cdr4at$nl3$1@yeppa.connect.com.au...
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>What are the function that are to be used to get the
>>>>>local user/current user of a particular computer and the security
>>>>>descriptors for it?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>Thank you very much, however, your suggestion does not merit any
>>>consideration
>>>on the basis that this newsgroup to my understanding is individuals to
> 
> ask
> 
>>>and receive
>>>as it may be the case, programming tips and advice, not MORONIC
> 
> SUGGESTIONS.
> 
>>And how exactly did you decide that it does not merit suggestion? Why
>>was it a moronic suggestion? He gave you a link to a website that
>>includes *SOURCE CODE* that uses the very same functions you discovered.
>>
>>
>>>For your information, I have found what I was looking for.
>>>The functions that I was looking for are LookupAccountName,
> 
> LookupAccountSid
> 
>>>and the
>>>rest of the functions that are required to query a local user's account
>>>privileges on a local
>>>machine.
>>
>>All of which were used in the PsLoggedOn code, freely available on the
>>URL above. If only you had bothered to look...
>>
>>-n
>>
>>
> 
> 
> Quite simple, once I've got the function's name I've done a search on MSDN,
> where I found a sample stub for implementing the routine that I needed,
> without having to hack through some "obscure" application that may or may
> not be written following Microsoft's recomandations and protocols.

	Even if I were to grant your assertion that it is an "obscure" 
application and that it did not follow Microsoft "recomandations (sic) 
and protocols" (which MS themselves often don't follow, but that's 
another story) that still is not grounds to call the posters' suggestion 
moronic.

	He tried to be helpful; if you did not like his suggestion, you should 
have thanked him and moved on. But that would require that you have 
manners...

	-n
	
0
nikb (49)
7/27/2004 10:26:06 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

new user to Outlook 2002
Hi I have migrated all email addresses to Outlook 2002 and found that the "response" time of Outlook is much slower than that of Outlook Express. By this I mean there is a longer period of "refresh time" (not sure how else to describe this) of 3-5 seconds that I have to wait before the emails are displayed when I use Outlook. Why is this slower, and is there some way of speeding this up? Please note that my main sevice provider email addresses default to the "Inbox" under "Outlook Today" but the Hotmail only defaults to a root directory under...

Synchronize Office Information with Pocket PC (Windows Mobile 2003
I've downloaded Office 2007 (Beta2) and Activesync 4.1. Why can't I do the following: 1. Sync or select Contacts, Calendar, Notes in Activesync 4.1 2. Access the Internet from my PPC when partnership was successful. 3. Import/Export mail accounts from Office Outlook(message:"not implemented". ...

Organizing Austin Exchange User Group meeting
Please e-mail me offline if you are interested in attending an Austin (TX) Exchange User Group meeting. I am working with a few others to organize a User Group here. We will be meeting at the Microsoft Office here in Austin, likely on a Tuesday evening. I will send out more details to those interested once the meeting is finalized. Please pass this information on to any others you think might be interested. E-mail me at ben_winzenz@NOSPAMmessageone.com (remove the NOSPAM part) -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.c...

Message Size Limit, User Override not working
Hi I have a 10MB Message Size limit as default for Send/Recieve. I override some users to allow 25MB size. This is now within the last few weeks not working, messages are getting blocked. On some bounces the message is reading that the file size is over the limit of 25600K instead of Meg. Does anyone know of a bug that is causing this? My only solution so far is to remove the default limits and run unlimited. Not exactly what I want to do. "bensong69" <bensong69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54A2E698-D649-4007-9F67-8E44123297E7@microsoft.com... &g...

Sharing Outlook files between XP users
I may be missing something simple here, but.... I have a machine running XP and Office XP which is shared by four different users. The default appears to be that each user signs on and can run Outlook, but the mail files are all different depending upon the user that i slogged in. Not a problem, except that we ALL access / monitor ALL accounts on the machine. This means that if userA logs in and downloads mail one day, userB will not see that mail when he next logs in (unless mail is left on the server - NOT IDEAL). QUESTION : Is there any way to have a single mail file that is shared bet...

Schedule emails to automatically be sent at a future date and time without user being logged in.
We have a request to create an automated email to be sent out twice a month to our company pay statement notifications. The payroll department is currently using the option to Do not deliver before the certain date and time which is working for now but is a problem if she logs off of her machine or if the machine turns off on her overnight when the email is scheduled to be sent. I was wondering if there were any other options or solutions that we might be able to try to have a generic email setup to automatically send at certain dates and times without having the user being logged in...

Column and line information in Word
I have my cursor in a Word document and want to see which column it's in and which line it's on. How do I view those details? In 2007, right-click over the Status Bar at the bottom of the Word window, and choose the options you wish to see, including Line Number and Column. Hope this helps DeanH "HS" wrote: > I have my cursor in a Word document and want to see which column it's in and > which line it's on. How do I view those details? ...

How do I rearrange (switch) the information in my columns to rows
Copy the data out of Publisher and into Excel. You can swap it out there with the Paste Special (transpose) command. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "larrey" <larrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35EA8C76-ACA3-44A8-9876-78AE787885B6@microsoft.com... > The dirty way in Publisher, high-light the table, format menu, table, cell properties tab, check *rotate text within AutoShape by 90 degrees* Rotate the entire table 90 degrees. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.m...

HOT NEWS For Mac Users..........
YES ITS REALLY HEART BREAKING NEWS FOR EVERYONE http://polticsinfs.blogspot.com/ ...

Deactivate/Disable User and activities
Hi. Is there any effects on activities (open, scheduled, completed or cancelled) if a user is Disabled/Deactivated? Would other users be able to manage the activities. Thank you. -- Cheers Sue Hi, before disabling your user, you could first assign his open activities to one or more other users before deactivating him "Sue" wrote: > Hi. > > > Is there any effects on activities (open, scheduled, completed or cancelled) > if a user is Disabled/Deactivated? > > Would other users be able to manage the activities. > > Thank you. > > -- &g...

CRM Laptop Client for Outlook starts with other users profile.
CRM Laptop Client for Outlook starts with other users profile. I have uninstalled the CRM Laptop Client for Outlook from his profile and deleted the MSCRM. pst, Re-installed CRM Laptop Client for Outlook with my profile but still can see other user login. Even webclient opens with his login, it doesnt promts for Username & Password after installing CRM Laptop Client for Outlook. Thanks in advance ...

Information store terminated...
Help! Upon reboot of our Exchange 5.5 server, we are getting the error: Exchange Store Terminated with server specific error 4294966781. Any advise or thoughts greatly welcome. Gary any further information in the event log? are you low on disk space? "Gary Hornbeck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57d301c3e506$a7481770$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Help! > Upon reboot of our Exchange 5.5 server, we are getting the > error: Exchange Store Terminated with server specific > error 4294966781. > > Any advise or thoughts greatly welcome. ...

Setting up two users in Outlook
How do you set up multiple users in Outlook (I don't want to share the calendar or contacts). I tried creating a new .pst file, but when I opened it my contacts and calendar information appeared also on the new file. When I deleted a contact, it deleted it in my .pst file as well as the new one. Thanks. What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don'...

DirSync of Novell Connector, doesn't find existing users
DirSync of Novell Connector, doesn't find existing users ...

Random Users Calendars not viewable
We recently moved our Exchange 2003 server to another machine. Since doing so, we have random users whose calendar will only apear as \\\\\\ when we try to invite them to a meeting. I have tried to replicate the Schedule+ Free Busy folder but this has not worked either. Any suggestions? On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 04:32:01 -0700, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We recently moved our Exchange 2003 server to another machine. Since doing >so, we have random users whose calendar will only apear as \\\\\\ when we >try to invite them to a meeting. I have tried to...

user defined fields #3
I would like to change the field name Comment 1 to Pledge Amt. I am not able to do this. We have modifier. When I open the customer card window and click on Tools > Customize the modifer opens. But I am not able to change the Comment 1 Description. I can select the field, but I cannot seem to change it. I have looked into the properties field without any sucess. I am able to change it globally, but I would like to restrict it to this window only. I am not sure what I am missing here. Thanks nfp nfp, You are not missing anything. Just go to the modified window, select the Commen...

setting workbook read only except for one user
I have a sheet that I want to share with co-workers but I only want them to have read only access. If I put the file on the public server it will give the frist perons to open it full access and readonly to everyone there after. What is the best way to go about this? <scott.streit@gmail.com> wrote... >I have a sheet that I want to share with co-workers but I only want >them to have read only access. > >If I put the file on the public server it will give the frist perons to >open it full access and readonly to everyone there after. > >What is the best way to go ab...

user id on posting journal
Hi, I am wondering what is the logic of having the the id of the user who printed the posting journal rather than the user who posted the transaction? is there anyway to change this logic Regards, Michael, IMHO, the logic is that when you have 5 users all printing reports to the same printer and not picking them up right away, it's helpful to have the user who printed in the header to figure out who each printout belongs to. The user who posted the transaction is stored in the database, and while I have not tested this for all posting journals, I believe you can add it on most of t...

Excel 2003 User name
We use ghost to image all our machines and ive noticed recently, when users use excel their user name comes up as venuswilliams (the guy that originally built our image had a thing for her so he used her as a test user). Its fair simple to change the username in excel if you go to Tools - Options, then click on the General tab and down the bottom is the user name field. But what i want to do is change it so it always takes the logged on user. Ive searched for venuswilliams in the registry and deleted everything relating to her but as soon as i log in as a new user on that machine in excel i...

How to enter informational help text?
I have a number of column headers that I would like to define for users. Is there a way to enter text in the background so that when someone hovers over the column with the mouse, then will get the definition of that field? These are customized column fields. For example- One column is Method of Delivery. I want to enter a definition when one hovers over "method of delivery" to state, " Way in which the data is received. ie.e internet, feed, etc. On Feb 18, 12:03=A0pm, amcb <a...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...=A0Is there a way to enter text in t...

User's name is missing from GAL
Hey all -- Weird problem. We have a large (500+) mailbox Exchange 2003 server, and for some reason, one, and only one that I know of's name is missing from the Global Address Book. She's not "Hidden From GAL", and I don't see anything wrong. Any idea why this person is missing? Can I force a GAL re-build or something to see if she gets added? I really don't know why she's missing. You may check to see that her account has the showInAddressBooks attribute is populated with the DN of the GAL. You can do this via ADSI Edit pretty easily. Colby -- P...

Allow users to modify their information
Is there a way to allow users to modify, update their AD information. Server 2008 SP1, Exchange 2007 Hello polilop, Some settings they can already change, for the rest you have to set permissions for the attributes on OU level where the accounts are located with advanced security options or with delegate control wizard. When using delegate control wizard on OU level you maybe have to enable frist the settings in the dssec.dat on the DC from 7 to 0, so the attribute will be visible in the wizard. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS&q...

Setting up OWA External Access, No FQDN, using .local domain.
Hello everyone, I am trying to enable users to access OWA externally on our SBS 2003 server. Current set up is XXXXX.local as the domain name with XXXX.org registered but currently only forwarding to a hosted website. Running ISA 2004 on the server as well. OWA and RWW work fine internally but I am struggling to publish these services externally. Currently using a Draytek router with a static IP address. I know that changing the domain is not a practical option in SBS 2003 and have tried using OWA publishing rule & web listener but still unable ...

Trying to user laptop as SQL Server
I loaded the MSDE (SQL Server7) on my laptop (logged in as a network user). I restart the computer (not connected to the network and no password for windows. Just cancel). My SQL Server Service Manager starts running. I double click the SQL Query Analyzer and choose Windows authentication and local as well as i try the name of the laptop as name of the SQL Server. i click ok and get the following error. UNABLE TO CONNECT TO SERVER KOMAZA:(this is the name of my laptop) Server:Msg 18452, Level 16, State 1 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user '(...

Would like to have local graphic files displayed by Windows Picture Viewer instead of Internet Explorer
My spreadsheet contains a bunch of the so-called hyperlinks which, when clicked, start an external program that takes care of the actual displaying of the image file. Is there any way to select the external program (file viewer)? All the graphics files (PNG format) reside in my hard disk, not on the Internet. This case is handled very nicely by Open Office, with the images being handled by the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer which loads lightning fast. Excel, on the other hand, prefers to use Internet Explorer, which is a drag. Can I tell Excel NOT to execute IE for some hyperlinks? -Ramo...