LNK2019 error #2

Hi,

I've got a really nasty linker error which actually shouldn't appear. The
code itself compiles fine. It's just a simple console application with MFC
for CStrings and other stuff. Here is the full message:

ClassifierAcc error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class
ATL::CStringT<char,class StrTraitMFC_DLL<char,class ATL::ChTraitsCRT<char> >
> __cdecl GetNextKeyWord(char *,unsigned __int64,unsigned __int64 &)"
(?GetNextKeyWord@@YA?AV?$CStringT@DV?$StrTraitMFC_DLL@DV?$ChTraitsCRT@D@ATL@@@@@ATL@@PAD_KAA_K@Z)
referenced in function "struct input * __cdecl GetInputVars(char *,unsigned
__int64)" (?GetInputVars@@YAPAUinput@@PAD_K@Z)

IMHO it has something to do with CString import in stdafx.h (BTW: I'm using
VS 2003). However, I can't think of a reason why this error keeps comming up.

Suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,

-Arno
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You need to explain something more here.  It looks like you have a method of the form

CString GetNextKeyWord(LPTSTR, WPARAM, WPARAM)

or something quite similar, and are compling on a 64-bit platform.  I see nothing here
that has to do with the CString import in stdafx.h.  You will have to give a lot more
detail than this to get a meaningful analysis of the problem.

Show us the function prototype
Tell us what file it is in
Confirm that file is in your solution and is being compiled

				joe
On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 05:45:01 -0700, Arno Kromke <ArnoKromke@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've got a really nasty linker error which actually shouldn't appear. The
>code itself compiles fine. It's just a simple console application with MFC
>for CStrings and other stuff. Here is the full message:
>
>ClassifierAcc error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class
>ATL::CStringT<char,class StrTraitMFC_DLL<char,class ATL::ChTraitsCRT<char> >
>> __cdecl GetNextKeyWord(char *,unsigned __int64,unsigned __int64 &)"
>(?GetNextKeyWord@@YA?AV?$CStringT@DV?$StrTraitMFC_DLL@DV?$ChTraitsCRT@D@ATL@@@@@ATL@@PAD_KAA_K@Z)
>referenced in function "struct input * __cdecl GetInputVars(char *,unsigned
>__int64)" (?GetInputVars@@YAPAUinput@@PAD_K@Z)
>
>IMHO it has something to do with CString import in stdafx.h (BTW: I'm using
>VS 2003). However, I can't think of a reason why this error keeps comming up.
>
>Suggestions are appreciated!
>
>Thanks,
>
>-Arno
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
6/2/2006 3:13:08 PM
Joe,

thanks for your quick response. It looks like I deleted simply a & - gosh,
it took me a day to figure that out. And I thought all the time it's
something with CString implementation ... sometimes it's better to look for
the simple things first ...

Anyway, thanks because I wouldn't have checked the code again

-Arno

Errors saving to network drive

VB Macro #2

VCR to DVD Part 2

set print area #2

Error loading XML into DataSet

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

Run time error 5 : HQClient

LNK2001 and LNK2019 errors with template class
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BB_01C695ED.3958DA70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a smart pointer class that uses template functions that works = fine under VC6 but it not linking under VS2005. 1>TestGridToolkitView.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol = "void __cdecl PrismGCSmartPointer(class CPrismSmartPointer<class = CDialog> &)" = (?PrismGCSmartPointer@@YAXAAV?$CPrismSmartPointer@VCDialog@@@@@Z) = referenced in function "protected: __...

delivery failure error
"The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to" then says user unknown, even though other comupters don't have that problem. I get this error for a few clients, yet other clients can email the same address. I have Windows small business server 2000, I am pretty sure everything has updated patches. I know i security updates automatically. My clients are an updated Windows XP SR 1 with Office 2003(outlook) SR1. ...

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Error with Bold
What's wrong? With Worksheets("Recent") Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End with Take a look at the activesheet. I bet that range is bolded. But if you want Recent to be the sheet with the change, add a couple of dots. With Worksheets("Recent") .Range(.Cells(1, 1), .Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End With Without those dots, the range refers to the activesheet (if the code is in a general module). crapit wrote: > > What's wrong? > With Worksheets("Recent") > Range(Cells(1...

Money Updates #2

Can't create the item #2

on Writexml error
(Type your message here) Hi all, I have a XML file as a datasource. I read that file using dataset.readxml.Then in that dataset I make some changes. Now I want to write that changed dataset by overwriting the file that was created initially. I someone please tell me how to do it. -------------------------------- From: ratnesh gupta ----------------------- Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/) <Id>sCyOfoucUUyYsxAsNxg9AA==</Id> ...

Error #5
I've tried to save my transaction data to my desktop. However, each time I try this I get the error "Error reading or writing file "." " Could someone tell me what's going on? ...

Outlook error message
Unable to expand the folder. The rest of folders could not be opened. There are no additional Microsoft Exchange client licenses available. Contact your adminstrator to obtain a client license to use Microsoft Exchange This is the error message that our clients are receiving when attempting to open outlook version 2000 or above to Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 server. We do have the available licenses and have already set them up in license manager on the server and then license logging service is started. We keep having to stop and start the License Logging Service and then they can get in fi...

Excel error 1706

Error loading outlook 2003
Hey Guys need a little help I'm running office 2003 with outlook, I'm using my own exchange server, everytime I load up outlook on one of my workstations it loads up fine until I hit the inbox, once I do that Outlook closes down, I check in the event view and got this error message: "The MOF file created for the outlook service could not be loaded. The error code returned by the MOF Complier is contained in the Record Data. Before the performance counters of this service can be collected by WMI the MOF file will need to be loaded manually." Anyone know a fix inste...