Listview, Tile View, Groups and overlapping

I have a listview using XP Groups style in either Tile or icon view.  When
there are 1, 3 or 4 items in the listview the items and groups display
correctly.  When there are 2 items the control reverts to left alignment for
those group items so that the 2nd item appears below the first rather than to
the right of it, while the groups assume they items are aligned to the top.

This 2nd item then overlaps the next group heading and items

An image of the problem is here:

http://www.primaviola.net/fault.jpg

Any help much appreciated.
0
Rupreck (1)
8/23/2005 11:19:02 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Control Access to groups of contacts
I have a client who wants to have a master contact list so he can see the entire list. He has a handful of clients who will need to be able to view overlapping subsets of those contacts, but should not be able to view the entire list. Can access control be applied at this granularity? User Attributes or other Security groups are acceptible components of this access control. For instance, UserA needs to see contacts 1, 3 and 5 UserB needs to see contacts 1, 2, and 3 UserC needs to see contacts 2, 4, and 5 UserD needs to see contacts 1, 3, 4, and 5 ...

My Tasks showing 2 Views in the window
After using site actions to change the MY TASKS display to show as hours rather than days, users are reporting having 2 "views" appearing in the My Tasks window. The heading even shows "My Tasks (2)". This does not occur on my or other admin's views. But, the other users all see this double view in the window. Any ideas how to address this? On Mar 31, 11:59=A0am, Bonnie <Bon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After using site actions to change the MY TASKS display to show as hours > rather than days, users are reporting having 2 "v...

Is there a viewer available for download to view Publisher files?
Without having to purchase Publisher, is there a viewer available for download to view Publisher files? For Version 2000? For Version 2003? LPOWELL3 <LPOWELL3@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Without having to purchase Publisher, is there a viewer available for > download to view Publisher files? For Version 2000? For Version > 2003? No. You can order the trial version of Publisher 2003, which is able to view Publisher files from all versions since 2.0 at http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/prodinfo/trial.mspx -- Ed Bennett - MVP M...

view the reference and not the value
Dear All, I am trying to bring in 5 sheets a value (text) from the first sheet. When i typing the equal (=) in the sheet2 i saw the reference and not the value. Any solution for that ? i am using the XP edition Thanks in advance Manos Hi 1. check that your target cell is not formated as 'Text'. change the format to 'General' and re-enter the formula 2. If this does not help goto 'Tools - Options - View' and uncheck 'Formulas' >-----Original Message----- >Dear All, > > >I am trying to bring in 5 sheets a value (text) from the >firs...

View pareto chart by sorting the max number on the bottom
Is it possible to format the pareto chart by sorting the maximun number show in the bottom of each bar and ignore sort by Legend item? The order is determined by the Row Source of the chart. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "sq75222" wrote: > Is it possible to format the pareto chart by sorting the maximun number show > in the bottom of each bar and ignore sort by Legend item? > > ...

Allow us to change default view in Account Activity History.
In the current version of CRM (3.0) the default views of the History View cannot be changed. I would like to be able to set it to "All" not just the most recent. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Comm...

VC++ .NET 2002: How To Use the Class View's Properties window to add a message handler for the WN_KEYDOWN message
Hi all I used "The EX05c Example: Scrolling" of the book "Programming With Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Core Reference" (6th Edition) as my 3rd example of MFC exercises to catch up my VC++ .NET 2002 (VC++ 7.0) programming. I started my 'Eg05c' project in the MFC Application Wizard and followed the 1 thru 7 steps instructed in the book (pages 82-85) I believed I did the steps 1, 2 and 3 correctly: 1 - In MFC Application Wizard -Eg05c, I setthe CEg05cView to "CScrollView" 2 - I added the m_rectEllipse and m_nColor data members in Eg05cView.h by typing in "...

How to copy block of cells and keep grouping?
I have about a 150 by 30 block of cells. About every 5 cells are grouped together, making it significantly smaller. when you click the "-" to have them contract. I will take me days to go through and make all the groups again if I want to make the same block on the same worksheet. Is there a way to copy a block of cells and include the grouping? Thanks -- dstock ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dstock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24225 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...

WebBrowser in "Browse View" mode
I’m using a sub-class of CHtmlEditCtrl in a VC++ dialog box. The only thing it does is display an HTML resource (due to the following override): virtual LPCTSTR GetStartDocument() { TCHAR lpszModule[_MAX_PATH]; if (GetModuleFileName(AfxGetResourceHandle(), lpszModule, _MAX_PATH)) { m_strHtmlAbout.Format(_T("res://%s/%d"), lpszModule, m_nIdHtml); } return m_strHtmlAbout; } Which tells the WebBrowser control to load "document" from a resource out of the executable. This works just fine. The problem I’m having is that the HTML page being displayed has a hyper lin...

customized views disappear
Every so often my customized views for various folders just disappear. I've created them by copying the current view and modifying the copy, but periodically my copies disappear from the View menu. It seems to pick on my Tasks views regularly, while other customized views (e.g. mail) are fine. This is an Outlook 2002 w/Exchange server environment. Any ideas? ...

CRM Views should have easier scrolling
When adding or modifying a CRM view by adding columns, you may have to scroll left/right to see view contents. Then you may have to scroll up/down. However, you can't see up/down scroll bar and column one contents at the same time. This needs a fix. your totally right. Right now the only way to keep this becoming an issue is to not add too many fields so the vertical scroll bar dissapears. The only solution I can see would be to have a vertical scroll bar on both sides of the view. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Larry" <Larry@dis...

Is it OK to assign permissions to a group during ForestPrep of an E2K3 upgrade?
Hello, We're about to start an upgrade from E2K to E2K3. During the E2K3 ForestPrep, we want to select a newly-created group to assign Exchange full admin permissions to instead of an individual user; however, during our previous E2K ForestPrep a few years ago, we only selected an individual user. Could there be any conflicts in now giving Exchange admin permissions to a new group instead of the same individual user as before? Sorry if it appears to be a silly question but I'm paranoid. Thanks, - Alan. On 27 Oct 2006 05:35:52 -0700, "Alan" <bruguy@gmail.com> wro...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 tasks view question
In Microsoft Outlook 2003, I am able to define a customized view of each column, under the Tasks section. Is it possible to share the same customized view of the Tasks with other users? In other words, when other users open a shared view of a Task, I want them to see the same column structure as I see. If it is possible to propagate or share my defined view of columns, can someone describe the procedure? Thanks kindly. Joseph There is not an easy "copy this to everyone" command but its possible. When you create the view, use the option to share it with everyone. When they vie...

Change receiving email for microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted group
I am retiring 2/26/10 and I need to change the receiving email for this and other groups to my home email address. I went to two places that I thought would take care of it but the one place wouldn't let me put in another email address. I believe I could only change the sign- on name. THe other place said I couldn't add a gmail address because the group couldn't go to a gmail address. Please help!! Thanks ...

HELP! Viewing/opening messages crashes Outlook 2007
I have Outlook 2007 running on a new Dell Dimension 9200 PC with Windows Vista Ultimate. It was all working fine for past two weeks when I closed down my PC last night, and I had not installed any new software or updates since. I now find I can forward or reply to messages OK, but if I try to just read them them in the reading pane, Outlook immediately says it has stopped working and restarts. It then opens without the reading pane enabled, but if I double-click a message to read it (without the reading pane enabled), it again crashes and restarts. I have spent all morning on the phone...

Viewing emails in preview pane
In Outlook Express with the preview pane on, if I use shift select to select what look like junk emails, as I add each new email to the selection (by holding Shift and pressing the down-arrow key) the most recently highlighted email is displayed in the preview pane, so I can see the email as I select it, and quickly decide if it really is junk. In Outlook (v2000 and 2003 IIRC) only the first selected email is shown in the preview pane, so I am unable to quickly verify that the latest one being added to the selection really is junk. Is there an option to make Outlook behave like Outlook E...

cannot delete recovery storage group
I get the following error when I try to delete a database in the recovery storage group. One or more users currently use this mailbox store. These users must be moved to a different mailbox store or be mail disabled before deleting this store. ID no: c1034a7f Exchange System Manager Why would I get this message? All the mailboxes in this database are in the disconnected state and they are not the real mailboxes that the users are using. thanks for the help Kevin hmmm...that's weird...have you done a search in AD for any user who might have the store in the RSG listed as their ...

how do i semi-lock a group of cells to allow lookups formula...
how do i semi-lock a group of cells to allow lookups formulas without allowing user changes Do you mean you want to be able to reference these cells in lookup formulas contained in other cells? If so, leaving these cells locked (Format | Cells | Protection), and then Protecting the Sheet (from teh Tools Menu) should be enough. You may want to make sure you have Select Locked and Select Unlocked Cells Checked, if a list of Protection Options pops up (Excel 2002 and later). tj "quander" wrote: > how do i semi-lock a group of cells to allow lookups formulas without > allo...

making lines around info so it looks like a table when printed or viewed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) How do I put horizontal and vertical lines around all the cells so it looks like a table? Display the Toolbox by hitting the Toolbox button. Activate the Formatting Palette (upper left button) then chose Borders and Shading. Make sure you select the cels you want to format.... <br><br>make your choice in de button that has &quot;type:&quot; in front of it. Done Thank you I have been successfully making borders in all my excel worksheets but since the latest update, the palette in excel no longer works. At firs...

2008 group MIA?
I'm seeing what looks like corruption in the SBS 2008 group, and a message I posted to it asking for confirmation has not appeared... (I.e. message headers, when opened, result in entirely unrelated messages appearing.) No other problems with other groups in the same client and mailstore. I just made a new test post to see if shows up.. In the mean time are you having an SBS problem or just wanting raise the alert of possible problems with sbs2008? Bill Sanderson wrote: > I'm seeing what looks like corruption in the SBS 2008 group, and a > message I posted ...

how do I recognize that my window is overlapped by another window
Hi How to recognize that my application window is overlapped by another application window. Thanks Anup Hi Dont know if this is the soln but try using the WINDOWINFO structure in GetWindowInfo() function. also try GetTopWindow() which returns the handle to top window and compare with the handle to your window. Thanks Sachin anup.kataria@gmail.com wrote: > Hi > How to recognize that my application window is overlapped by another > application window. > > Thanks > Anup ...

Export portfolio view to excel
I am using Money 2004, and I have customized a view that I would like to be able to export to excel. I see how to export reports, but not views, like this portfolio view. Is there a way to do this? I tried moneylink add-on, but it does not provide the info I am after. Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, maydog wrote: >I am using Money 2004, and I have customized a view that I would like to be >able to export to excel. I see how to export reports, but not views, like >this portfolio view. Is there a way to do this? I tried moneylink add-on, but >it does not provide the info I...

Calculate the total overlapping time of multiple tasks, excluding non-working times
I am developing a tracking calculator for an overall process. Within the overall process, there are 3 steps which are completed. These steps can be completed independently from one another, but can also (sometimes) overlap. I am trying to determine the total time for the overall process (from beginning to end), without counting the duplicated times where the steps are running parallel to one another, or times when some steps may be completed and are waiting for another to start. I have outlined the basic design of the worksheet below, with times in mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm format. S...

Related Fields in sub activities view
CRM 4.0 In the standard My Activities view I am able to display information from the Account (Regarding) i.e. industry, city etc. When switching to Phone Call or Appointment, the information is not displayed even though the facility is there in admin to add these fields - is there a fix for this? ...

ListView insert
I have a ListView that I am using to edit and insert rows into a database table. I am displaying records for a specific person and existing records edit and update fine. Also, if a person already has records in that table, the ListView DropDownList population and insert works fine. The problem is that when a person has no records in the table (ListView is empty) the DropDownLists are not getting populated. I assume maybe because the DDL populating is being done in the ItemDataBound event? If so, where is the best place to populate the dropdowns for insert? Below is some of ...