Listbox updating problem

I have a listbox that I want to update before calling a function that querys
for bluetooth devices, but it seems like the function is being activated
first because the listbox does not update until after the bluetooth function
ends.  Any ideas on how to get the listbox to update first.

   Z.K.

code:
m_List.ResetContent();
m_List.AddString("Querying for Bluetooth Devices -- Please Wait!!");

BTUtil.GetBluetoothInfo(Messages);

0
nospam2791 (369)
12/28/2006 10:33:50 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>I have a listbox that I want to update before calling a function that querys
>for bluetooth devices, but it seems like the function is being activated
>first because the listbox does not update until after the bluetooth function
>ends.  Any ideas on how to get the listbox to update first.
>
>   Z.K.
>
>code:
>m_List.ResetContent();
>m_List.AddString("Querying for Bluetooth Devices -- Please Wait!!");
>
>BTUtil.GetBluetoothInfo(Messages);

Try calling UpdateWindow after the AddString in order to get a repaint
before your blocking bluetooth function is called.

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
12/29/2006 12:34:05 AM
Yea that works, thanks alot.  I didn't know about that one; I tried
updatedata, but it did not work.

  Thanks,

     Z.K.

"David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> wrote in message
> >I have a listbox that I want to update before calling a function that
> >querys
>>for bluetooth devices, but it seems like the function is being activated
>>first because the listbox does not update until after the bluetooth
>>function
>>ends.  Any ideas on how to get the listbox to update first.
>>
>>   Z.K.
>>
>>code:
>>m_List.ResetContent();
>>m_List.AddString("Querying for Bluetooth Devices -- Please Wait!!");
>>
>>BTUtil.GetBluetoothInfo(Messages);
>
> Try calling UpdateWindow after the AddString in order to get a repaint
> before your blocking bluetooth function is called.
>
> Dave

0
nospam2791 (369)

Updating information in 1 file when it is added to other files
I have 9 Spreadsheets consisting of contact information for publications in different industries. 8 Industries and 1 Master List. I would like to link the master list to all of the individual industry lists so that when I add or update a new contact in an Industry list, it is reflected in the Master Spreadsheet as well. Essentially, I want to cut down on duplicating my efforts. Check out the copy paste merge examples... http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Kyle" wrote: > I have 9 Spreadsheets consisting of contact information f...

Problems with rules
I have a problem with a rule. When I get email from a certain address it ends up in my designated spam folder. The problem is that this particular email address is not listed in my unwanted email list and no rules are supposed to trigger on the message in question. What could be causing this? ...

can't fix Money stopped working problem
I was able to access and use it completely a couple of days ago and I suddenly started getting messages that it wasn't working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the CD, but still can't get past the log in page. I tried logging in and skipping the internet access, but still no success. There are no recent changes to my computer that I see. found a "fix" on the support site for money plus when it suddenly stops working. I can't update the program now because I can't get in. When I tried to change the DEP settings to except the files listed in the ...

Compare cells, update based on Ifs
I need to compare cells to the cell above them and to the right of them. Based on the comparisons I'll need to update the original cell with one of those adjoining cell values. After I finish with one column then I need to repeat the procedure on the column to the LEFT of the original column. I know IF, THEN and ELSE statesments but I don't know VB for Microsoft Office products. Range could be all 65,000+ rows on a workseet Start on ColumnJ, Row2 If ColumnJ, Row2 is Null _ If ColumnK, Row 2 is Not Null _ If ColumnJ, Row 1 is Not Null _ ColumnJ, Row2 Value is ...

Problem with objItem.InvokeVerbEx("Print")
Hi, I have found several examples of scripts that use this: "objItem.InvokeVerbEx("Print")" to print text files. However, when I use it, I get a dialog box for every single file printed with the date/time and an OK button. This is really anoying if you have hundreds of files to Print. I have seen the issue brought up before, but no answer to the question. I did try to send it to NUL objItem.InvokeVerbEx("Print") > NULL but that did nothing at all. Is there a way to print all the text files in a directory with out having to click OK 100 ti...

Outlook Problem #28
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_08C5_01C45F62.7BD33710 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a user who when closes Outlook and opens it again, it says that = the Exchange server is no longer available. I setup the Outlook to = point to the Exchange again and it works fine. But when you close it, = it does it again. Any ideas! --=20 Maurice ------=_NextPart_000_08C5_01C45F62.7BD33710 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ...

Problems with autosum...
I'm using Excel to carry out simple accountancy tasks. I'm using autosum to total up a column of figures to two decimal places. In some worksheets it works fine, in others the resulting autosum value is 0.02 less than the actual sum of the column. Has anyone else experienced this problem or does anyone know a solution? This is a rounding effect. I expect you have formatted the numbers to show two decimal places. For example: in cells A10 and A11 you might see 12.34 and 10.54 but the actual (stored) values are 12.33612 and 10.53592. These add to 22.87204 which is displayed as 22...

Word as EMail Editor in Outlook, Smartquote Problem
Using Office 2003 in Win XP Pro. Word is set as e-mail editor in Outlook. Word is set to use smartquotes, as they look better than the plain straight quotes, in Word documents. However, that seems to cause problems in Outlook e-mail. Spell-checker reports that words are spelled incorrectly, and if sent as is, the other party receives them seeing squares instead of quotation marks. How can I fix this? Has anyone come up with a solution? You have to pick a font that you know has the characters, since not everyone receiving it is guaranteed to have the same font story that you have.... --...

Win 7 64 bit KB971468 Update fails and locks PC
Hi, I've installed this update 3x (and related updates all that show "failed" in the update history -- this is the first of the updates to "fail") without success. Each time the update installs and then locks the computer. To get beyond this I need to boot in safe mode, select a restore point prior to installation of update, reboot and go from there. I'm running a Dell d630, with updated drivers, and 4 gb ram. From: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971468 " How to obtain help and support for this security update For home users, no-char...

Managed Client Updates warning (Message #9046 missing)
Hello all, I've started using Managed Client updates at customer sites and keep coming up with a small issue when using it. All I'm doing is publishing a CNK file to be installed on the client machines. After they choose their company, they are prompted to install the update, no problems there. After they select Yes, they get the error Message #9046 missing. After clicking OK and restarting Great Plains all is well. I've seen another post in this community where they had a similar issue but with a different Message #. The number was still below #22000 so it seems t...

Re: Public Folders permissions problem
ooops ... we're on Exchange 2003. j -- jj runnion jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu "JJ Runnion" <jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu> wrote in message news:... > somehow we've gotten "locked out" of permissions on the calendars and > other folders in our Public Folders. > When I right-click on the calendar in Exchange Manager Admin > Group\Folders\Public Folders, a username/password box pops up and won't > take any of the admin username/passwords (domain admin, enterprise admin, > etc.). I get "the operation failed. ID no:80007005 Exchange system > M...

Problems when Ripping CDs to .mp3
I've started ripping a lot of my CDs to .mp3 format, but keep running into a problem when doing so. I'm currently using Windows XP & Windows Media Player 11. When I insert a CD, the ripping process begins as it should. A folder is created with the Artist name, Album name, Song titles, etc. Somewhere along the way, though, the Media Player and/or OS begins to "redo" things and creates a folder titled "Unknown Artist" along with a bunch of subfolders titled "Unknown Album (5-29-2010 1-46-31 PM). The subfolders all contain certain tracks f...

Strange problem after migration
After migrating over to Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 we are having a strange user poblem with Exchange. I migrated the user accounts over with the ADM tool then installed/migrated exchange over from 5.5. Now when I try to connect to OWA or using Outlook I have to login as: HCS\jhay instead of just jhay. HCS was the old NT4 domain and now my new domain is trillion21. I did the steps listed in Microsoft's Exchange 2003 Deployment Guide and everything went fine with no errors. Another thing is that if I go into AD Users and right click on a user it does not have any Exchange taks e...

email address not updating in global list
We have a single Exchnage 2003 server. An exchnage enabled user account was created with the wrong spelling. I went to ADUC and right clicked on the object and renamed it. I then when into the properties and changed the spelling everywhere I could find it. I can manually send an email to the correct address, but When I go to Outlook 2003 and look inthe global list, the incorrect spelling is there. I made this correction over a week ago. I then went to Exchnage System Manager, and fond the Default Offline Address list and right clicked on the object and selected rebuild. But it s...

Contact selection problem in CRM 4 Mail Merge
I can use mail merge option for all contacts on page (grid) without any problems, but if I select one contact or a small selection of contacts the merge resulting list has one entry but only data from the user entity, not from the contact entity...I have no contacts to merge. Merge also fails if I select a merge from an open contact form. I have selected contact attributes in the template. I have administrative rights. Any ideas? ...

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) Processor: Power PC Hi, I have tried 3 times (unsuccessfully) to load a new copy of MS Office 2008 for MAC - Product ID 92715-501-8109773-12081 onto my daughter's MAC OS 10 It has removed the previous version of Office, I had all other applications shut down (including Messenger) jsut in case - and loaded well all the way through to the next to last step - when it went to check for Auto Updates - it cam back to mactopia website and stopped!! IS there a way to load in a custom manner that coudl 'bypass' that step - or do I need...

Outlook 2002 Installation Problem #2
I installed my Outlook 2002 when I attempted to start it it refused to start giving me this message: "unable to open your default e-mail folders. The DLL file for the infrmation service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Do you have any ideas for me Will Decker wdecker2@cox.net Create a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal...

transparent/colored listbox in mfc
if you want to create a listbox in transparent mode follow these steps: 1. The listbox resource needs the LBS_OWNERDRAWVARIABLE property 2. Create a new class derived from CListBox 3. You only have to add two virtual functions in these class - the MeasureItem and the DrawItem function. You can do this like that (see comments): void CTransparentListBox::DrawItem(LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT lpDrawItemStruct) { static CString strText; // no need to reallocate each time CDC dcContext; CRect rItemRect(lpDrawItemStruct->rcItem); COLORREF crText = 0x00000000; // white CBrush brHighlightBrush; CB...

problem with losing control of a worksheet
I am completely flabbergasted; I am editing a worksheet which is 1/5th what it used to be - comparing two databases which are somewhat out of control. If two lines match exactly, I delete them, if two lines exist but do not match, I correct the database and delete them, and if there is an orphan, I hide it, with the intent of going back to match them against other databases. Now I am getting a weird display, with different words in column A, am unable to go below line 30, and am coming to the conclusion the worksheet has been compromised. I just printed off a section for further work...

can someone help me with this memorized report problem??
i have modified a sales commission report to include tender information by adding a JOIN to the tenderentry table, here is my TablesQueried section from my report: FROM TransactionEntry WITH(NOLOCK) INNER JOIN [Transaction] WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber = [Transaction].TransactionNumber LEFT JOIN SalesRep WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.SalesRepID = SalesRep.ID LEFT JOIN Customer WITH (NOLOCK) ON [Transaction].CustomerID = Customer.ID LEFT JOIN Item WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.ItemID = Item.ID LEFT JOIN TenderEntry WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.TransactionNu...

Problem with fonts which switch
Dear users, I have a problem with MS Outlook 2002. Sometimes, the font of my messages suddenly switches from the default font 'courier new' to 'arial', i.e. from an fixed-width font to an proportional font although my default settings are: 1) mail sending format: plain text 2) international font / proportional font: courier new 3) international font / fixed-width font: courier new (Note: I know that 'courier new' is not an propoartional font but my problem also occurs if the proportional font is arial.) How is this possible? Is this due to that in a message there a...

After Update
In my form i have a subform, In the subform I have a check box that when checked needs to multiply the UnitPrice by Expendable and when unchecked the UnitPrice needs to return to original price. As of now this is the AfterUpdate command.. Private Sub Expendable_AfterUpdate() If Me!Expendable = True Then Me!UnitPrice = Nz(Me!UnitPrice, 0) * 1.1 Else Me!UnitPrice = Nz(Me!UnitPrice, 0) / 1.1 End If End Sub I need to change it because sometimes the expandable will be more than 10%. I have added an Expendables field in the main form (Table1). I would think this would be what I am looking f...

macro's problem
Firstly, excuse my ignorance in advance to those who make coding in VB look so easy! Hi everyone Can anyone show me how to filter on a column containing dates in the format of 21/04/59 being (21st April 1959), I set about recording a macro that first put a filter on the worksheet, then I selected the column with dates in and go to custom filter then select "equal to or lesser than" and key in the value 30/09/2005, but all that happens when I run this is I get blank lines ... code below Sub less_than() ' ' less_than Macro ' Macro recorded 07/10/2005 by SGUHT ' ...

WebQuery Problem
Hello I often import stock quotes with the webquery feature. Generally I do not have any problems but the following url often generates the error 1004: http://www.swissquote.ch/fcgi-bin/stockfquote?symbols=UKRAI Sometimes I'm able to get the quotes, sometimes not. Does anybody know how I can solve this issue? Regards, Tom ...

Office 2003 SP3
Guys, I suspect we have a problem comming from the SP3 of Office 2003. The text import wizzard has some kind of internal logic to dynamically select the File origin (code page). For example: for the 2 txt files below it will chose 2 different code pages: For VED.TXT wizard will choose 1251 Cyrillic (Windows) For VED2.TXT wizard will choose 1254 Turkish (Windows) It is not a problem if user opens the txt file manually - s/he than has the opportunity to specify the code page correctly in case the wizzard has chosen the wrong one. The problem comes when other programs (like our on-line b...