ListBox Horizontal scrolling

Hello,

Need advise on how to make the Horizontal scrolling in a ListBox
control to work.
I did set the flags to ON of both H & V scrolling options; the
Vertical part works perfect, the Horizontal did not even appear .....!
According to MSDN everything should go 'automatically' ..... .

Please advise - THANKS!
;-) Saya
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

<sayasendiri@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Need advise on how to make the Horizontal scrolling in a ListBox
> control to work.
> I did set the flags to ON of both H & V scrolling options; the
> Vertical part works perfect, the Horizontal did not even appear .....!
> According to MSDN everything should go 'automatically' ..... .

You need to SendMessage it an LB_SETHORIZONTALEXTENT.
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
8/1/2003 1:45:26 PM
Allright Jeff, I will do it so (although I'm still wondering why the
vertical-part just pop-ups automatically at the instance of exceeding
the height limit, and the horizontal part apparently not).

Thanks for the tip!
;-) Saya

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 08:45:26 -0500, "Jeff Partch" <jeffp@mvps.org>
wrote:

><sayasendiri@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> Need advise on how to make the Horizontal scrolling in a ListBox
>> control to work.
>> I did set the flags to ON of both H & V scrolling options; the
>> Vertical part works perfect, the Horizontal did not even appear .....!
>> According to MSDN everything should go 'automatically' ..... .
>
>You need to SendMessage it an LB_SETHORIZONTALEXTENT.

It gives the programmer one more thing to do!

> Allright Jeff, I will do it so (although I'm still wondering why the
> vertical-part just pop-ups automatically at the instance of exceeding
> the height limit, and the horizontal part apparently not).

Disc access when scrolling through my emails #2
Hi, I have a problem with my outlook 2003 (Win XP): Every time I scroll through the list of emails outlook accesses the hard disc even if I do not open the email and the preview window is deactivated. The result is a pause before I can go to the next email in the list. Surprisingly the problem is solved if I open the email and close it. Next time I navigate to that email in the list there is no disc access (seems to be cached). Unfortunatly if I close Outlook an reopen it, the whole story starts from the beginning... Does anybody have an idea ? Thanks Urs ...

funny working ListBox or a bug in VS 6.0 ?
Hi! I have a problem with setting the character set in my ListBox (List). When I create a CFont object with a specific character set and I set that font in the Device Context recieved from the ListBox, then it is OK. I can write through that DC in the chosen charset. See Code : CFont * font = new CFont; CFont *oldFont; CPaintDC dc( List ); font->CreateFont (28,0,0,0,700,0,0,0, RUSSIAN_CHARSET,OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS, CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS, DEFAULT_QUALITY, DEFAULT_PITCH|FF_DONTCARE, "Arial"); oldFont = dc.SelectObject( font); dc.ExtTextOut(10,170,0, NULL,"some text", str...

how to paint a scroll bar?
I am trying to paint the nonclient are of a list control with a bitmap .I can paint the scroll bar in WM_NCPAINT message.But when it start scrolling, the old style of scroll bar comes and my skin will not get painted..once mouse released, then , I can paint my skin..anybody has an idea or experience plz help..how can we restrict the default painting of the scrollbar while dragging it.. Regards Tony ...

transaction window is slow when scrolling
There is this strange problem I have witn M03 on my notebook. When I'm in the transaction window, I use my mouse pads right side (special function on the right side acts as scroll wheel) to scroll up and down instead of dragging the slider up or down. What is happening though is that it will scroll, but then it doesn't stop scrolling immediately. It keeps going, but not only that, it's really slow and laggy. If I try scrolling the opposite direction while it is going, it waits till it's done going one direction, then it goes the other. It's kind of annoying because I don&...

Document scrolling in Word 2007
I think you can get documents to automatically scroll through when you are using compare - but can you get it to do it for just one document? It would be very useful for proof reading (e.g., you can do it on Acrobat) -- Jon Morgan of Paraphrase If you have a mouse with a clickable wheel in the middle, click it on the Word document. The cursor changes to a pair of arrowheads with a dot in the middle. Drag the mouse downward very slightly, and the document will start to scroll. The farther down you drag, the faster the scrolling becomes -- and anything more than the least pos...

Custom scroll bars skipping values
I have added a few custom scroll bars that have an incremental change of (1) and range from 1 to 200. Sometimes they seem to have a mind of their own and take off like they are ignoring the increment value of (1) and jump 5, 10, or 20 increments. Any thoughts? ...

Automatically Scroll CRichEditCtrl
Hi, I am looking for a piece of help with a Rich Edit Control placed on a dialog, I am writing to it via the bog standard: lpCtrl->SetSel(len, len); lpCtrl->SetSelectionCharFormat(cf); lpCtrl->ReplaceSel(msg); However, I am experiencing the problem that SetSel does not automatically scroll the window so that the carrat is in view (ref: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_cricheditctrl.3a3a.setsel.asp) and would appreciate any help on some method that would allow me to automatically scroll the carrat into view. As a sidenote, the co...

How to select one item in a listbox to requery subform
Thanks for the response. I tested the suggestion and no luck. This is what I have after I restrict the search in the listbox. If List0.ListCount = 1 Then List0.Selected(0) = True Me.RecordsetClone.FindFirst "[ID] = " & Me![List0] Me.Bookmark = Me.RecordsetClone.Bookmark Form.Refresh [FrmMemberData].Requery < Subform End If What can I do to automatically query the subform if only one item remains in the listbox?? It seems the query works but when the list box is reduced to one item I can't automatically select that one item before the requery!!!! Try t...

Horizontal Sort
Does anyone know of a way to do a Horizontal Sort? I know it sounds odd but i have a list of 972 rows where the information in each row needs to be in alpha order. Column A is not to be part of the sort SPLITRR Rep1 Rep2 Rep3 Rep4 H001 CA01 CK21 H002 6858 CA01 H003 6918 6920 6919 CA01 H004 6875 CA01 H005 1144 CA01 H006 1894 RM08 H007 6133 CA01 H008 CA03 CT79 H009 CA03 CK56 H016 CA04 CT79 H021 BA07 6990 CA06 Thanks! k -- ksusong ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ksusong's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

Sheest numbers and scroll bar
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C88113.2EC93880 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All I cannot see my horizontal scroll bar and excel sheet number(names). Can anyone show me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks Ben ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C88113.2EC93880 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DCon...

Listbox controlling Sub-form
I have a listbox that is populated from a sub query (qyListFEA). I have set the subform's LinkMasterField and LinkChildField to this listbox. The list box contains 3 columns (Project Name, Project Number and Iteration). When I select let's say Wheel 1, 5214, 1C, the subform only shows the Wheel 1 at iteration 1. How can I get the data to synchronize so that if I select Wheel 1 at iteration 1c or 2, etc. I can get the correct record to show? Note: the sub query "qyListFEA" is based upon "qyFEA" which is where I need the actual data from. If I use the master...

How to create CMainFrame-based dialog to display variable number of listboxes in a CFormView
Hello, I have an app where I need to display a variable number of CListBoxes (in a single row) in a CFormView. I don't know how to dynamically create the CListBoxes and attach them to the CFormView, something that would normally be done through resources if it were a fixed number of listboxes.. Could anyone give me an idea of how to dynamically allocate and attach controls and then any cleanup? I also need to know how to manually hook up a CMainFrame with a CFormView, as the AppWizard only creates something like that as a topmost window, I think. Any help would be greatly appreciate...

Scroll Problem in (XP) Outlook Express
Hi. Everything has worked fine for a long time. But for the last couple weeks or so, when I click the scroll bar to page down/up (that is, when I click in a blank section of the bar), it scrolls SEVERAL SCREENFULS at a time! So I currently have only 3 options: (1) click the up/down arrows repeatedly to scroll a line at a time; (2)manually drag the button up or down the bar; or (3) be content with missing most of the page!!! Can someone help, please? Thanks in advance, Marco In article <015801c3c4c2$f91cce60$a301280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |Hi. Ev...

change insert point without scroll bar
I need to move the insert point from where it is to page 11 of the same document with out using the scroll bar or page up or down. How can I do that? F5 (or Ctrl + G depending on your version of Word) opens the Go To dialog box. Type 11, then Enter. Tab key to the Close button, then hit Enter. Cheryl On Jan 15, 9:46=A0am, Pat Liston <Pat Lis...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to move the insert point from where it is to page 11 of the same > document with out using the scroll bar or page up or down. =A0How can I d= o > that? Ctrl+G and enter...

ADO & Scrolling Window
I am trying to show the Project Budgted Qty while user is entering an item in PA Purchase Order Entry scrolling windows. I delcared the ADO object in PurchaseOrderEntryDetail(Grid) but where should I closed and release the ADO connection? for other windows, I put my code in Window_BeforeClose. thks I usually create the connection on the main window open and close it on window close. I make a property on the main window to expose the connection and then access it instead of a connection on the details window. If you open and close the connection on each line, you can run into ADO ...

how do you disable the scroll wheel effect?
The scroll wheel is the wheel between the left and right mouse buttons on many mouse products, used to scroll forward or backward in a file. How do you prevent this wheel from making the file records scroll forward/backward? Check what Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/mousewheelonoff.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "accessdesigner" <accessdesigner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD17EFD4-6D11-4184-8894-B68FEC36E207@microsoft.com... > The scroll wheel is the wheel between the left and ...

Problem with scrolling
I'm using Office 2000 on XP pro. In excel, when I move the scrolling bars with the mouse, the spreadsheet does not scroll to the new position until I release the mouse. This does not happen in Word or any other applications. It makes it difficult to see how far down I'm scrolling without seeing the spreadsheet scrolling. I have not been able to find any relevant setting under options. Am I missing something? If it helps, the spreadsheets that I'm working on have been converted from Excel 5...I don't know if that could hve anything to do with it..... E. That's...

How To Scroll To End On Current?
I have a subform in continuous form mode on a form, and depending on the number of records in the subform, a vertical scroll bar may or may not appear. By default, the subform is oriented so that the top-most records are displayed and the scrollbar is in its top-most state. How do I cause the scrollbar to move to its end state? -- Randy Yates % "Remember the good old 1980's, when Digital Signal Labs % things were so uncomplicated?" mailto://yates@ieee.org % 'Ticket To The Moon' http://www.digitalsignallabs.com ...

Dual Axis Horizontal Bar Chart in Excel-can I avoid overlapping ba
hello, I have a simple table of data with 2 columns of numbers, which I'm trying to build into a simple horizontal bar chart Problem is that the 1 column's numbers are much greater than the other, so this means that makes the smaller series' bars look very small. I would like to see both displayed together however, but if I put it on a secondary axis it overlays one on top of the other, rather than side-by-side Is there an easy way to stop this happening? any help would be greatly appreciated cheers griff This link shows how to handle this with column charts. For bar cha...

Greyed out series order scroll bar
Hi everyone, I've set up a chart with 3 data series (Excel 2003) and have formatted them to columns (2007), line(2006) and area(2005). In the data Table the order of the series seems to be altered by the way the data is plotted i.e. ordered - area, line, column even though the original data are entered in the correct order on the spreadsheet. I tried to change data series order by right clicking on a series and choosing series order but the scroll up and down are greyed out and only one series shows. I've tried to select all 3 sets of data to re-format but can't do it Wha...

Update listbox.
I am trying to update a listbox based on another listbox. The first listbox is linked to a table called Region with one field (named Region). The second listbox is linked to a query with the following code: [code] "SELECT [IPB query].IPB_ID, [IPB query].NAME, [IPB query].STATE FROM [IPB query] WHERE [IPB query].State = "IL" Or [IPB query].State = "MO" Or [IPB query].State = "WI" Or [IPB query].State = "IN" ORDER BY [NAME], [STATE], [IPB_ID];" End Sub [code\] I want to be able to click on a state in the first listbox and have the second...

how to define scroll bar's page size value?
Hi all, I have a confusion about calculating scroll bar's page size. In my application, I am drawing an image according to scroll bar position. m_iGeneratedImgWidth - Width size of the image (this value is always bigger) rect.right - Width of the drawing area. how to define scroll bar's page size value? SCROLLINFO info; info.cbSize = sizeof(SCROLLINFO); info.fMask = SIF_RANGE|SIF_PAGE|SIF_POS; info.nPos = 0; info.nMin = 0; info.nMax = m_iGeneratedImgWidth - rect.right; info.nPage = ? In my OnHScrollBar() function, for SB_PAGELEFT / SB_PAG...

I want to do a horizontal list
Hope this makes sense.... I am looking to do a list.. only 4 choices in excel. I want all 4 to be displayed with a circle (or square!!) next to each one. To highlight the selection the circle will be filled on pressing the mouse over it. This must be simple to do as it is on most websites where you select yes or no..... but I cant work out how to do it!!!!!! In fact its at the bottom of this page where you select "I accept" or "I do not accept"!!! I would be really grateful for your response. Many thanks They are simply option buttons contained withing a square ...

horizontal page breaks #2
Whenever I am working on a shared excel worksheet, I am getting a message "This action exceeds the number of page breaks you can manually add to a worksheet. A worksheet can contain upto 1026 horizontal page breaks". I have reset all the pagebreaks by cliking right click on a blank cell. Can anybody help on this? Santhosh Kumar santosh.varimbeth@halliburton.com Try removing the share, then remove the page breaks. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com &quo...

MS Office Word 2003. How to go to top of my doc?Scroll bar's gone
If I am at the bottom of a word document, and I want to scroll to the top of the top, the scroll bar is gone in my new version of Word. How do I add a scroll bar to Word? If it is not possible, how do you go from, say page 25 of your document, back to page 1? Thank you in advance. Ctrl+Home will take you to the beginning of the document, but you can restore the scroll bar from Tools | Options | View: Vertical scroll bar. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "tvc15" <tvc15@discussions.micro...