List or Edit Box int display ?

   Could anyone briefly describe how to display integers in a List Box or
Edit Box.
   I am just writing an example program to output the results of adding 1 or
2 to a number and displaying this result. And there should be more than one
of these results on each line (at least five), then a new line would be
started. And this will continue line by line until it would necessary to use
the scroll.

   A simple explanation and any code of this would really be appreciated.

0
anyone78 (134)
7/18/2006 6:20:43 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can use CString::Format() to convert them to strings before adding them
to the ListBox.

Tom

"cdg" <anyone@anywhere.com> wrote in message
>   Could anyone briefly describe how to display integers in a List Box or
> Edit Box.
>   I am just writing an example program to output the results of adding 1
> or
> 2 to a number and displaying this result. And there should be more than
> one
> of these results on each line (at least five), then a new line would be
> started. And this will continue line by line until it would necessary to
> use
> the scroll.
>
>   A simple explanation and any code of this would really be appreciated.

0
tserface (3861)
7/18/2006 6:24:08 PM
> Could anyone briefly describe how to display integers in a List Box or
> Edit Box.
>    I am just writing an example program to output the results of adding 1 or
> 2 to a number and displaying this result. And there should be more than one
> of these results on each line (at least five), then a new line would be
> started. And this will continue line by line until it would necessary to use
> the scroll.
>
>    A simple explanation and any code of this would really be appreciated.

First make sure you pick the correct control to do this. Between the
two, a CListBox sounds reasonable. The fact that you want to display
integers is not relevant as these all show text only. You will need to
convert your integers to text. Use CString::Format to do so. I think
you will find the logging list box at www.flounder.com to be of great
use.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Cash flow forecast chart does not display
Recently my cash flow forecast would not display. I googled the issue and found a solution which sounded reasonable: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_thread/thread/6ab159f49fe90e58/84f31b41ac5d1529?lnk=st&q=microsoft+money+cash+forecast+will+not+open&rnum=2&hl=en#84f31b41ac5d1529 However, I was disappointed when the problem persisted even after following the instructions which had to do with a possible broken bill or deposit. All scheduled bills and deposits were deleted and the cash flow forecast did not correct itself. I figured out what was causing...

Displaying Counts when Filtering
Usually when using the filter function, the total records in the spreadsheet and the number of records that match the filter criteria are displayed on the lower left of the window (I guess it's the status bar). However, for certain files that I have, no counts are displayed when I filter. Does anyone know if there is a setting in the file that causes this or something else that needs to be changed? I do notice this happens frequently with files created by exporting from Access, but not always. It also happens with other files, but I can't find a common denominator. Hi To...

Can Drop Down Boxes jump to the answer as you type?
If I create a form with VBA, to create a drop down box to have a list to pick an answer for to fill in a cell in a worksheet, it will jump to the answer in the list as you type. Can a Data|Validation|List do the same thing? If not, is there a way to get that functionality in Excel? Data Validation doesn't support autocomplete. If you can use programming, there are instructions here for adding a combobox from which you can select one of the values from the data validation list. In the combobox, you can enable autocomplete: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal11.html rrucksda...

Restricting input box entries to integers
Dear Experts: below macro applies a user-defined paragraph style to rows using an input box. The macro is running fine. But the input box also allows for entries such as 7,2 (comma because I live in Germany). How do I have to re-write the code to only allow integers as input box entries? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub Tbl_BodyStyle() Dim oRng As Word.Range Dim oTbl As Word.Table Dim AskRowNumber As String Dim blnAsk As Boolean If Not Selection.Information(wdWithInTable) Then MsgBox "Please place the cursor...

Self-Made Combo Boxes not working correctly...
Okay all.. Here's my deal... I have tried and tried and tried to get these to work... I'm going to post what I have done, and what I am trying to do, and see if someone can help me figure crap out... tblBuilding - PK is BuildingIDNum - Autonumber tblBuildingZones - FK is BuildingIDNum via SELECT DISTINCTROW Building.BuildingIDNum, Building.Name FROM Building ORDER BY Building.BuildingIDNum; cboBuilding - This has Building 1, Building 2, etc. The field displaying this info is "Name" in tblBuilding. cboBuildingZones - This has different "zones" for Building 1,...

Display text in Excel Bubble chart. #2
H1!, I have an Excel spreadsheet which contains X-coordinates, Y-Cordinates, Well name and Cumulative Oil/Gas/Water production. I have created bubble map using X,Y and Z(Cum production). I need to show the well name on each Bubble, which I am unable to do. Kindly sugest method to display the well name on the bubbles. Thanks, Raja Mukherjee Raja - Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com) is a free addin that adds text from the worksheet to data labels on a chart series. I just tested it on a bubble chart and it works fine. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ...

Need help with Combo Box?
I would appreciate any help with this. I currently have a form with two combo boxes and a subform. The first combo box lists counties and the second box lists doctors in selected county. After selecting county, doc the subform lists pts for this doc. All this works fine. However, I need to add a couple of more filters. I am stuck and would like to know how to do this. I don't want to mess up what I already have. How can I incorporate a couple more filters? I thought maybe adding an option box to the form????? Can someone please help me to accomplish this? Thank you. Sure...

Display Discount on POS screen
I've figured out how to remove REP from the main POS screen. I'd really like to add Discount to the screen, so we can accurately display for the cashier which discounts are being applied to which individual items. Any ideas? Anyone got a third-party recommendation? ...

Unable to display the folder error.
I get the following message when using Outlook. If I close Outlook then reopen it, it will work until I switch icons (calendar to contacts). "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. An error occurred that prevented the file M:\Outlook\cij.pst from being saved. Close and then restart all mail-enabled applications." Can anyone help me with this problem? ...

double display in the Watch view with VC++6 sp6
Hi, Since the install of Visual Studio service pack 6 the double display differe in the Watch window of example before (with vc++ sp5) -7701.7701 give in the window -7701.7701 now (with the sp6) in obtain -7701.7700999999997 Thanks Why is this an issue? It strikes me as a bit of concern over an irrelevancy. Floating point isn't accurate anyway, so there is no particular reason to be concerned about trivial differences like this. joe On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:39:11 +0200, "Olivier" <olive@nospam.fr> wrote: >Hi, > >Since the install of Visual Studio service ...

Reinstalling MS Office Small Buisness Edition, 2003
When reinstalling MS Office 2003 from the orginal CD, it states a PA561401.CAB file is missing. How can I retrieve this file if it's not on the installtion disk? Dave Is your CD an OEM version or a full MS version. If the product key contains the letters OEM then post back -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:224E1F6F-7FF7-44F0-8973-A4974CB9AC0D@microsoft.com... > When reinstalling MS Offic...

delay in displaying cell contents
Is there a simple function that can delay the display of the contents of a cell by a few seconds. I know that it can be done as VBA code but I dont know how to do it. Thanks in advance for any help. Dave Hi have a look at the Wait method in the VBA help -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dave" <dave-rawlins@beeb.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9995bde6.0410151425.1688ff24@posting.google.com... > Is there a simple function that can delay the display of the contents > of a cell by a few seconds. I know that it can be done as VBA code > but I dont know how...

Outlook 2007, proofing options greyed out in Editing Options dialog
I've just uninstalled the Office 2007 trial and installed a retail copy of Outlook 2007. For reasons I won't go into I've reverted to Office 2000, with the exception of Outlook, which didn't work with Vista. While the Outlook editor still autocorrects spelling mistakes, I noticed it isn't underlining unknown words in red any more. When I go into the Editor Options and select Proofing, all the options in the Microsoft Office Section are available to me, but the Outlook specific ones are all greyed out. Moreover, in neither of these sections is there a "Hide spe...

Using skins in a multiline edit box
Hi, I have a dialog based application, in which I have a multi-line edit control. In the edit control, I would like to have a background image, say some .bmp file. Some status messages are to be displayed in the edit control, based on certain user actions in the dialog. How do I go about this? Thanks, Sucharit you can do it, i think, if you were to create a class which inherited from the edit control, then in the override the OnDraw()/OnPaint() event, where you first get the rect, and draw your bitmap resource, then call the parent event method to do the rest... I don't know if t...

Upgrading to 9.0 on Windows Server 2003 64bit Edition
We are upgrading from 7.0 to 9.0. We have new SQL Servers on which we will perform the upgrade and move into production once complete replacing our existing servers. These SQL Servers are running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition. When attempting to install either GP v7.0 or v7.5 the error message "The image file ...\CDSetup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine." is presented and the installation script will not initialize. Is it possible to install GP 7.0 or 7.5 on the 64bit version of Windows Server 2003 or must we install the 32 bit v...

Excel's column width format box
Does anyone know why I am unable to enter a number into Excel's column width box, yet using the mouse, I am able to adjust the width. When opening the text box, I can delete the number that appears, but am unable to even reenter that one after it is deleted. I must tell you that I'm a new user who's working through numerous tutorials. Thanks, Hi do you get an error message or what happens exactly -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rly2rys wrote: > Does anyone know why I am unable to enter a number into Excel's > column width box, yet using the mouse, I am ...

Why do sheet tabs keep disappearing? Box in Tools is checked.
When I open a new or existing Excel file, the sheet tabs at the bottom may or may not show up. I have repeatedly gone to Tools, Options, View and made sure the sheet tabs box is checked, but still no tabs. How do I get them back? I can't get from one page of a workbook to another. This is in Offfice 2003. Hi Arlie, Try Tools/Options/General In the Sheets in new workbook box, check and see how many sheets are set to appear when opening a new workbook. Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://w...

Inbox display problem
My 4 year old got on my computer and now my email is only showing the received column. I would like to have the From and Subject put back in there. Don't know and can't figure out how he did it. Anyone? Frank Frank <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My 4 year old got on my computer and now my email is only > showing the received column. I would like to have the > From and Subject put back in there. Don't know and can't > figure out how he did it. Anyone? In addition to what Milly said, you can also reset the current view to its defaul...

Do I need Publisher installed to read/edit articles in an e-mail?
I will be receiving e-mails with attachments containing Publisher2002 created articles. Do I need to have Publisher 2002 or later editions in order to read and edit these e-mail articles? On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 22:20:03 +0000, quilter512 wrote (in article <E5DAA762-0ABA-49C2-8DDB-9A0D05162496@microsoft.com>): > I will be receiving e-mails with attachments containing Publisher2002 created > articles. Do I need to have Publisher 2002 or later editions in order to > read and edit these e-mail articles? You can answer your own question by STFW. You not heard of Google Grou...

Check Boxes #6
Is there an "easy" way to add check boxes to a worksheet? As it stands, I have to manually attach it to the underlying cell, and adjust the size. I would like to add several hundred checkboxes. Am I doing somethig wrong, or is it just that akward and labor intensive in Excel? Hi Adam, Try: '=============>> Public Sub Tester01() Dim SH As Worksheet Dim rng As Range Dim rCell As Range Set SH = ActiveSheet '<<==== CHANGE Set rng = SH.Range("A1:A100") '<<==== CHANGE Application.ScreenUp...

Synchronize combo boxes
I am trying to sync to combo boxes on a form. It is for plant names which consist of Genus + Species + Subspecies, basically. I have all my data in a single table and I want only applicable species to show up for a particular Genus, for example: Abies concolor Abies glauca Abies alba Quercus alba Quercus macrocarpa Any genus can have many species, some of those species names can exist within multiple Genus names, I have made to seperate tables with just Genus and just Species names, I want them to link in the combo boxes, any ideas? Previously responded to... Regards ...

Filtered list
Hi, I hope that some one can help! I want to take a certain range of cells in the file "HCP_2005_upgrade" and filter so as to select all the cells that are not empty. Then select all the rows for these cells and copy them to a new workbook "W_V" in "sheet2". I have the following code. Three problems: 1- When copying to the new workbook I did not have the same column width. What should I do in order to have the same column width? 2- What code do I need to add, and where, so as to let the macro automatically find the last r...

List of items with commissions
Is there a report that will list items that have a commission set on them? I want to be able to email our sales reps a list, but haven't found a good way to do it. The report I'd like, but don't know how to create would have department, category, item, price, and commission amount. Thanks for any help, -CP Hi there, Retail Analytics from Professional Advantage will enable you to create that report. Basically anything that is captured in RMS can be reported on in Retail Analytics. If you would like to take a look at the product, a quick movie is available at http://www.p...

Conditional Formatting for Image box on Continuous Forms
Hello again, This problem is driving me crazy. I am a car enthusiast and love taking photos of classic cars. I have a table which describes the make and model in a series of fields. There are several fields that contain a reference to photos of those cars. Ie: the fields are called "Front" "Side" "Rear" "Angle". My form has four image boxes to display the images stored in these fields. But when I open the form all the records show the images of the first car only. I asked about this a few days ago and was advised to check out http://www.lebans.co...