linking with mfc42.lib and mfc90.lib?

Hallo!

We have an old application we are porting using Visual Studio 2008.
Originally developed with VC6.0. It's a mfc-applikation and thus referers to
mfc90.lib.

Together with the old application we've linked mfc42.lib.

Additionally we have linked in a library we don't have the source to. This
lib refers to mfc42.lib.

Question: can we link in both mfc42.lib and mfc90.lib?

Regards
Goran

0
Goran1 (6)
5/12/2008 11:32:01 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This is a serious problem.  The answer is, probably not, but "it depends".  If the old
library does not involve CStrings, if it does not use CWnd *, does not allocate MFC
objects the caller is expected to free or free objects the caller creates, then, with a
great deal of luck, maybe.  Otherwise, you are in trouble.  The library problem has always
been a classic problem when linking like this.
					joe

On Mon, 12 May 2008 04:32:01 -0700, Goran <Goran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hallo!
>
>We have an old application we are porting using Visual Studio 2008.
>Originally developed with VC6.0. It's a mfc-applikation and thus referers to
>mfc90.lib.
>
>Together with the old application we've linked mfc42.lib.
>
>Additionally we have linked in a library we don't have the source to. This
>lib refers to mfc42.lib.
>
>Question: can we link in both mfc42.lib and mfc90.lib?
>
>Regards
>Goran

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

Lookup Tables with linked sheets
Hi I have a lookup table that is on a seperate workbook to where the function is (they are kinked). The lookup will only return results up to row 593. Is there a limit to the amount of rows you can have in a lookup. It looks in a named range is it because there is a limit on this?? Please help!! Cheers Jo My first bet is your named range isn't what you want it to be. If you look at Insert|Name|Define and inspect your range name, do you see what you expect? Jo Davis wrote: > > Hi > > I have a lookup table that is on a seperate workbook to where the function > is...

links not updating although autocalc is On?
Hi My very large workbook has developed a strange problem that cell references from one sheet to another have stopped updating. e.g. if data is entered on one sheet it will not update linked cells in other sheets. Stragely, if I recreate the link - which is precisely the same- it works once but then becomes 'frozen' and will not update if the data is changed. Would be grateful if someone could help me remove this critical spanner from my works. Thanks Keith maybe, just maybe, if you do: Edit|replace what: = (equal sign) with: = (equal sign) replace all it'll wake excel up...

Linking to Max result?
Hi Guys, I dont know where to start with this one! basically on a figures sheet I am displaying a table with lines showing the highest amounts on another sheet based on their category. (=MAX(data!AZ2:AZ65534)) now on this other sheet it has a line for each 'entry', on one of the cells for each 'entry' are the numbers that I'm maxing to give a highest figure. Now what I would love to be able to do, is hyperlink that formula that is showing the highest entry, so that when you click on it it takes to the other sheet and shows you its answer (the entry with the highest amoun...

Deleting / Disabling the Links
Hello, I have got 2 queries. First one: I have got a workbook which has so many links that points to various unknown files. I have deleted some of the links by manually scanning the various sheets. but still i am left with some links which i could not find manually.. I have even cleared all the names in the workbook. Still no use. I looked into Edit->Links, i can see one link, but unfortunately there is no delete button with which i can remove the link. Can anybody help me how to remove the unknown link in the book? Thanks. Second one: Continuing from my prev question, wheneve...

Object Linking & embedding error
An .xls attachment give the 'cannot use object linking & embedding error' The file fails to open and appears on screen for just a second. Any ideas! where the problem is! Sunil I' ve run into the same error, and am to the point that its time to throw this piece out the window. Has a solution for this problem been found? OS. win 2000 pro. PG. Office 2000 error. cannot open object linking and enbedding. I had the same error on another PC and was able to re-install the pg. and it stopped. Go figure.... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted...

Linking an Excel File to a Inventory Table
I have an excel file that I need to copy a column from, to update a column in an Inventory Table. Is this possible, how I can accomplish this task? Thanks in advance Unless you want to use VBA to do it, I would import the file into Access and use it to pull in and update the columns. You can then export the data to Excel. Kevin wrote: > I have an excel file that I need to copy a column from, to update a column in > an Inventory Table. Is this possible, how I can accomplish this task? > > Thanks in advance If I am understanding you correctly: You want to copy a column ...

Breaking a forward link
In Publisher 2002 I have a long doc with several logical sections. Rather than having the text flow through the entire doc I'd like to break the link between each section. That way a change in an early section won't change the text flow in later sections. My problem is that when I choose Break Forward Link all text is removed from the text boxes that follow. Instead of staying where it was, the following pages of text all overflow into the text box where I broke the link. How can I break the link while leaving the following pages of text undisturbed? Thanks. Charley You cannot b...

FRx
I have to refer multiple columns from excel into appropriate columns. Am refering from only one sheet. I have a row format, where i have "link to worksheet". I couldn't able to enter entire cell mapping as below: B=C12,C=E12,D=I12,E=K12,G=M12,H=O12,I=S12,J=U12,L=W12,M=Y12,N=AC12,O=AE12,Q=AF12,R=AH12,S=AL12,T=AN12,V=AP12,W=AR12,X=AV12,Y=AX12,AA=AZ12,AB=BB12,AC=BF12,AD=BH12,AF=BJ12,AG=BL12,AH=BP12,AI=BR12,AK=BT12,AL=BV12,AM=BX12,AN=CB12,AP=CD12,AQ=CF12,AR=CJ12,AS=CL12,AU=CN12,AV=CP12,AW=CT 12,AX=CV 12,AZ=CX 12,BA=CZ 12,BB=DD12,BC=DF12,BE=DH12,BF=DJ12,BG=DN12,BH=DP12,BJ=DR 12,BK=...

How do I link horizontal cells vertically?
I'd like to copy a link vertically, but the cells to link to are horizontal. How do I do this? Something like: =INDIRECT("A"&COLUMN(A1)) copied across HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6261 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497720 Since you said "copy a link", you *can't* use "Paste Special" & "Transpose". So, try this: Original data in A1 to Z1, E...

fixing or freezing cell links
I have a multi-sheet workbook in which forumlas in one sheet link to cells on subsequent sheets. When I insert a column in one of the referred to sheets the forumlas automatically change to the "new" location (e.g. C25 become D25). Is there a way to prevent the forumlas from changing as I insert columns? Hi try =INDIRECT("'sheet1'!C25") >-----Original Message----- >I have a multi-sheet workbook in which forumlas in one sheet link to cells on subsequent sheets. When I insert a column in one of the referred to sheets the forumlas automatically change to the...

update of links with no prompt
I have a spreadsheet with links to another one. When the user opens the destination sheet I want the links to be updated automatically without a prompt. (but just for this sheet) This is apparently possible (Excel 2003) by choosing Edit menu - Links - Startup prompt and choosing 'dont display the alert and update links. But even though thisis set correctly I still get the alert Any ideas Thank you -- Patrick There is a user setting that can supersede this setting. Tools|options|Edit tab Ask to update automatic links If I (as a one of your users) change this to always ask, then...

clicking on email links is restricted by system?
All of a sudden if I try to clik on a link in a email, the system says it is restricted see your administrator? I have no Administrator. It always worked before? Feel free to read the countless posts here that have answered your question before you post yet another. Since you have failed in that endeavor, here is a special post just for you: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Russ Valentine "Restricted clicking on email links" <Restricted clicking on email links@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BFDBA53-EBDE-49B0-B4F3-1EF...

some links do not work when converted to acrobat
I am working in a word document (word 2003) when I convert it to acrobat ver8. the table of contents convert fine and works, however there some jpg. images that links to bookmarks - they don't work. any help would be appreciated. thanls How are you converting the document to PDF? There might be a limit of the conversion process. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via msnews.microsoft.com) "wambo" <wambo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1E55A9B-8BEA-455C-86A6-447A32C94CFB@microsoft.com... >I am working in a wor...

Moved spreadsheet changed link path
I have a spreadsheet that has 20 links that are to other worksheets within a directory. The main file is on a network drive that is known as P:\ in our environment. My client has linked these 20 other worksheets using P:\Finance within the main file. To troubleshoot a separate issue, I have copied the file locally to my c:\ drive. Now all 20 links are referencing the path c:\Finance. The folder path is the same as the network drive, however instead of P:\ it changed to C:\. Any idea of why? The hyperlink base in the properties of the file is empty. Any suggestions? If yo...

How can I link to a specific worksheet from a webpage?
When I am on a webpage, I want to click a link that then automatically links to a specific worksheet in a excelwork book. How? Already solved enter *.xls#Sheet1!A1 RMF "RMF" wrote: > When I am on a webpage, I want to click a link that then automatically links > to a specific worksheet in a excelwork book. How? ...

Amazon links
We are starting up MS RMS with a link to STOREFRONT for our website. We are also an AMAZON vendor. Is there any applications to bridge our inventory over to Amazon.com just like we can with Storefront? Thanks! Please respond by email also! Mickie Repecka mickie@mickiesplace.com Mickie's Place Outdoor Gear www.mickiesplace.com www.doggear.com ...

Linking to CSV text files is it safe
Hi If I link to a CSV ( comma seperated value) file does access think of this as a table with records and behave the same way. I was wondering what would happen if you had say 5000 records in a text file and each record had 50 fields Would it be slower than if the 5000 records were in an Access Table. Can anybody give me some info on problems or limits on this type of action. An example of potential problem maybe and could be if the computer over writes the text file with updated data while the database is reading records from it. Any comments most welcome Steve - From a land down under ...

after visiting a hyperlink return to original link in doc?
Is there a way to return to the place where a hyperlink was invoked? Like the "last page visited" button in Power Point? Word 2003 Alt-left arrow On Feb 11, 12:58=A0pm, vb1der <vb1...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to return to the place where a hyperlink was invoked? =A0L= ike > the "last page visited" button in Power Point? > > Word 2003 ...

How to link to files
Hi I have many .xls files in one folder, they have different file names but all of them have one worksheet called "Import", what I wish to do is to make Excell import data from every .xls file in directory but only the data which is placed in "Import" Sheet. Is this possible ? I couldnt find any other idea for importing data from many workbooks, maybe you have some better ideas ? regards Peter Hi Peter, You could create a new workbook call it 'Import.xls' say. Then create as many sheets as you require (i..e one for each external file), and within each of those ...

Link a chart to a worksheet
If data on one worksheet (swimming times) is used to create a graph or chart on another worksheet, can I automatically update the graph when I add new data to the original worksheet? Do you mean when you expand the data? Dynamic charts don't care where the data is, as long as the ranges are properly defined: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Roger Campbell" <RogerCampbell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Linked Table Mgr Path
Hello! How do I replace the drive letter in the Linked Table Manager with the UNC path? Thanks for your help (as always!!!!) Never mind. My Network Places in the Linked Table Manager uses the UNC path instead of the drive letter. Thanks anyway! "Pixie" wrote: > Hello! > How do I replace the drive letter in the Linked Table Manager with the UNC > path? > > Thanks for your help (as always!!!!) ...

How to link the network database?
Hello all: I want to program a code about database using vc,I want to put the database in the server and the application is put in the local PC.I know if I want to link the database in the server from local PC with ODBC, I must set the database to be shared in.I think it may be insecurities. who could tell how to do?thank you very much. ...

Linking 2 files
Hi I got a file A with numbers and a file B with links to the first. If I insert new rows between 2 lines, the links in the other file don't change after i press recalculate. Is this normal? Who can help me? THX, L Excel isn't a database. keep your DATA in a DATABASE and spit on people that use Excel Luc Vandenhoeck wrote: > Hi > > I got a file A with numbers and a file B with links to the first. > If I insert new rows between 2 lines, the links in the other file don't > change after i press recalculate. Is this normal? > Who can help me? > THX, L ...

External Link
How I can detect which cells of the spread sheet are having external links. can somebody help me on this. thanks ...

Link restriction
I get this message when ever I try to open a web address link in a email. The operation has been cancelled due to a restriction in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. It was working fine only a couple of weeks ago, have added or changed any thing on computer. It is an error caused by Internet Explorer see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "dont@hotmail.com" <donthotmailcom...