Linking a .hlp file to my MFC Application

I have created a help system (.hlp file) for my mfc application using
RoboHelp. I would like to call this help system from my application when I
click on a button for example. I have tried to open the help system using:
WinExec("MyApp.hlp",SW_SHOW"); but this does not do anything.
Any idea ?

TIA
--
Fabrice
0

>I have created a help system (.hlp file) for my mfc application using
>RoboHelp. I would like to call this help system from my application when I
>click on a button for example. I have tried to open the help system using:
>WinExec("MyApp.hlp",SW_SHOW"); but this does not do anything.
>Any idea ?

Fabrice,

WinHelp is the API you need. Also have a look at the topic titled
"WinHelp: Context-Sensitive Help for Your Programs" in MSDN for
pointers to other things you might need to learn.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0

Convert Access File to exe?
This is likely a dumb question but I have created a working file in Access that I would like to provide to some of my clients for there use in tracking their stock investments. Is there a way to complile this file and make it a stand alone file since not all of my clients have Access? Thanks! Ed Hawley "Ed Hawley" <hawl1039@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:%23JhFU%23qvHHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > This is likely a dumb question but I have created a working file in Access > that I would like to provide to some of my clients for there use in > tracki...

Private EDB file
Hi, I am working with a client that has SBS2003 and is using Exchange 2003. There are 14 mailboxes with a total size of 4.5GB. When I look at the file size of the private edb, it is at 17GB. Why is there such a discrepancy and what can I do to shrink the size of the edb, so that I don't run into size limit problems. Thanks, Tom you need to perform offline defragmentation on the databases to also take a look at this site for updates SBS http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServer2003/sbs/downloads/presp1.mspx http://consultusa.us/index.php?itemid=19 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/192...

Transferring files #4
I have re-installed all my software on a new hard disk. (The old hard disk still installed and working). How do I transfer my diary from my old disk to my new disk please? Thanks. Bill Ridgeway Hi Bill, maybe this sites could help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.slipstick.com/config/movepst.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Share your contacts, calendars or e-mails http://www.publicshareware.com "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:edlvnj$9gr$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk... &g...

RDP Link
Does anyone know if it's possible to create an RDP link in a form? Ideally I would like to place this link (or shortcut) on a tab and be able to click on it to go directly to the customer site. ...

How do you point to a named range in linked workbooks?
Workbook #1 has a range named "Gross Sales" in Sheet1 Cells A2:K2. How can I point to this range so that I can link it to Sheet1 Cells2:K2 in Workbook #2? Is this what you're looking for...? In workbook 2 enter "=[Book1]Sheet1!$A$2" in cell A2. Do the same for cells B2 through K2 with the correct respective links. Hope this helps. -Chad "KG" wrote: > Workbook #1 has a range named "Gross Sales" in Sheet1 Cells A2:K2. How can I > point to this range so that I can link it to Sheet1 Cells2:K2 in Workbook #2? Or, if you don't like to ...

Importing .VCS file
When I attempt to import a .VCS file created by Lotus Organizer 6.0 Outlook gives me an error message stating that I do not have the rights to import such a file. I was able to import one calendar event that was saved as a .VCS file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

trouble sending large files
I am having trouble in outlook express 6 sending large files. When I say large I mean a half meg or larger. The send bar will go to about 99% and then just stay idle at that point. Eventually I get an error message that says it has stopped responding and asks what I would like to do. Continue trying or stop. No matter which I pick it stays the same. Then I find out it sends multiple copies for each time I try to stop it. This can be very annoying to my friends who have a dial-up. Any suggestions? Are your using a dialup or broadband (cable/dsl) account? If broadband, are you behind a...

Merging text files with excel
Hello All. How can I merge several text files with the same format into one Excel sheet in one go ? I am importing them singly but it would be much better to merge them together before opening. Many thanks for any help ! Maybe you can use some old DOS commands. Shell to a command prompt and issue an old DOS command to concatenate the Text files. Windows start button|Run (or flying windows r as a shortcut!) win98: Command WinXP/NT: CMD Go to that folder: C: (to change to that drive) cd\myfolder1\myfolder2\myfolder3 to change to that folder copy *.txt All.Files Ren All.Files All....

Bulk Extract Embedded Files
Word 2003 on XP Is there a way to extract embedded files all in one go? Like the image file extraction process described in http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm but for embedded files? Many thanks DeanH Found the following for extracting embedded word files. Haven't tried it though. Sub ExtractFiles() ' ' ExtractFiles Macro ' ' Dim shape As InlineShape Dim folderName As String Dim a As Document folderName = Replace(ThisDocument.Name, ".", "_") MkDir folderName For Each shape In ThisDocument.InlineShapes ...

Problem importing data from text file
Hi, I have a comma delimited file that has twenty column names followed by six rows of data. I am trying to import this into Excel. When I do this, the data imports entirely into row one. It does import into difference cells but there is one row with 120 cells of data. I was expecting it two "Wrap" and start importing the data into cell A2. Can anyone help with this? How do I show the break between column headers and data? Thanks, Chuck ...

convert money plus files into money 2007
I downloaded the new trailversion of money Plus. Now I do not like the new version of money Plus . I had money 2007, but now I cannot convert my money files from the Money plus version into the Money 2007 version. What can I do? When you converted your M2007 file to M+ there was a screen message telling you that it had made a backup. You *of course* made a note of this!?!? If you didn't go and look for a file *.m16. Rename this as *.mny and reinstall M2007. Of course you will have to reinput all transactions since the conversion. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money F...

Shared file doesn't share
We have a shared file that now gives us a message that someone else is in the file and do we want to open as read only. Anybody know what might cause this? Well... YOu can set the file to read-only by right clicking on the file and choose the properties dialog box to avoi getting this error message. THis will prevent you from modifying the file kanan ...

New Update - CCNA BSCI ARCH CCIE-SEC
More downloads for you !!! >>> Hello, Below is the list of files recently got posted at http://CertCityForum.com If you have trouble accessing the download link then please refer to Forum rules - http://certcityforum.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html 640-801 - 836 Questions - 6/6/2006 Cisco Certified Network Associate ******************************************* 642-801 - 687 Questions - 6/6/2006 Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) ******************************************* 642-871 - 260 Questions - 6/6/2006 Designing Cisco Network Services Architecture ************...

How do I create a pdf or txt file?
I need to get my word files that save as (.doc) to a (.txt or .pdf) file. Is there anyway to do that without the software? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA7C42.604BDA30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Deana, This newsgroup is specifically for matters dealing with Microsoft = Project. I suggest you try to find a more appropriate newsgroup that = deals with Word problems. However, from the Save As... dialog, at the bottom is Type selection = which should ha...

Intermitent file problem?
Running Outlook 2003 and from time to time the frame with the Inbox list of emails and viewing pane will be blank with an error message stating the system is busy and that perhaps something else has it tied up. How can I debug and fix? ...

How do I delete excess pages from a file?
I'm sending a file that I only need one page in, but the recipient has told me that it has 1700 pages. I'm using Excel and sending with outlook. What does the file look like from your end? Has it got 1,700 pages or just one? "deejai03" wrote: > I'm sending a file that I only need one page in, but the recipient has told > me that it has 1700 pages. I'm using Excel and sending with outlook. In Excel jargon a File is a workbook. A workbook can have multiple worksheets. A worksheet can have multiple pages when printed. What exactly is the...

can only see one page of a multiple page publisher file
today can only see the first page of a file in publisher....checked the attributes removed the read only....could not remove from overall i.e. my documents...can pull up on another computer via network and see all....so file appears to be okay...can also print all pages, but can only see and work with page one...HELP.....AND A BIG THANKS TO WHOMEVER!!!! What happens when you try to click on the other pages? Do you have the status bar turned on? (View - Status bar) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "CON" <CON@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Link Two Tables with AutoNumber fields to One Form
Hi, I'm really stumped on this one: Right now I have a form that is linked to my Registration table. I want it to also be linked to my ID table, because I want to be able to update both tables using one form. I heard of creating a sub-form. Would this solve the trick? Right now, when I create a new record in the form, the AutoID of the Registration table increases sequentially. I want to be able to also have the ID table increase its AutoID and create a new record in that table too. That way I can use that new ID table value to create a value that will eventually be stored in...

Powerpoint 2007 links change from drive letters to UNC paths
We recently upgraded to Office 2007. Whenever we save a Powerpoint 2007 that has excel links to files on our network, all the links change from f:\filesystem to \\ca.domain.com\filesystem. After we try to update the links that have changed to UNC paths, we get the following error: "The linked file was unavailable and can't be updated". I have been unable to find a fix or workaround for this other than to take the hour to update all of the links in the affected presentation. Has anybody else seen this issue and more importantly, is there a fix or workaround for this. ...

File format is invalid
I have a file that I update and save daily. yesterday when I went t open it I got the following message: File Format Not Valid. This pop up in middle of the screen. the only option it gives me is a butto that says OK. I have tried to recover an old version of the file usin the windows recovery tool but I keep this file on an external driv which it does not recover. Any help with how to get this file bac would be greatly appreciated. Pau -- pserra ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pserra2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

can't save files in Office2001 running on OSX
I'm running Office2001 for mac on my OSX system through OS9. The applications work fine until I try to save. "Save", "Save As", and "Save as Web Page" all make the windows blink as if it's going to do something, but then nothing else happens--no save window, no files on my hard drive. Any ideas why this might be happening, or how I can fix it? You thoughts are greatly appreciated! Jake ...

mfc activex
i used the mfc develop a activex control,and i did not add any code in it and make the activex control into the html.but when i closed the internet explore,one error was showed.Why? "chuangyl" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:utMNIHn8GHA.4012@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > i used the mfc develop a activex control,and i did not add any code in it > and make the activex control into the html.but when i closed the internet > explore,one error was showed.Why? What does the error say? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Transfer from file to document very slow
I take about 40 seconds for the document to come up on screen This also happens in Word It is impossible to provide a concrete suggestion with so little information. The slow opening of a file could be due to any and all of the following as well as many other factors. Insufficient RAM to hold the large file leads to numerous time-consuming saves to virtual memory. A virus protection program to blocking the opening of the file until it has completed a virus threat check on the file. Other applications are hogging machine resources. A potential resource hogging application may be a ...

Linked Excel Field formatting Problem
I am using Access2003 and am trying to link an excel spreadsheet for use in a drop down selector. I have one column (acct#) which contains a lot of numbers, but needs to be a text field (some entries say "TBD" or have hyphenated numbers). Access insists on keeping the column as a numeric field and displays the non-numeric fields as "#Num!". I have tried: formatting the cells as text before linking; putting dummy text data in the first line (abc and 'abc ) before linking; and tried using conversions in a query (CStr, Str, Str$ & Format). I'm out of idea...

Exchange Server 2003 SP1
I am getting them in the MDB Data directory, in the old ver of exchange server I used to delete these when I ran eseutil. Now I don't need to run eseutil for maintenance so can I still delete these text files? Names are : E00047A0 all 5,120kb, look like old outputs but are all modified today. Any advice would be welcome as they are taking up 17Gb at this stage? Run a full, online Exch aware backup to clear your trans logs. Never delete them manually. On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:23:02 -0800, Ciaran Magee - CPL <Ciaran Magee - CPL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am getting t...