link error with afxGlobalUtils of MFC9.0

I used global variant afxGlobalUtils of MFC9.0 (VS2008+Feature Pack) in my
MFC extension dll like this:
HICON hIcon = afxGlobalUtils.GetWndIcon(pWnd);

But when i compile, there is a link error:
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class CGlobalUtils
afxGlobalUtils" (?afxGlobalUtils@@3VCGlobalUtils@@A)

Does any .lib file neet to be added to project?
0
Omnix (1)
5/15/2008 7:51:00 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Omnix" <Omnix@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>I used global variant afxGlobalUtils of MFC9.0 (VS2008+Feature Pack) in my
> MFC extension dll like this:
> HICON hIcon = afxGlobalUtils.GetWndIcon(pWnd);
>
> But when i compile, there is a link error:
> error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class CGlobalUtils
> afxGlobalUtils" (?afxGlobalUtils@@3VCGlobalUtils@@A)

I searched in my VS2008 + FP installation, and found that afxGlobalUtils is
defined in file 'afxglobalutils.cpp' (line 37).

 CGlobalUtils afxGlobalUtils;

....maybe you should add that file to your project?

Giovanni

On Thu, 15 May 2008 00:51:00 -0700, Omnix
<Omnix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I used global variant afxGlobalUtils of MFC9.0 (VS2008+Feature Pack) in my
>MFC extension dll like this:
>HICON hIcon = afxGlobalUtils.GetWndIcon(pWnd);
>
>But when i compile, there is a link error:
>error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class CGlobalUtils
>afxGlobalUtils" (?afxGlobalUtils@@3VCGlobalUtils@@A)
>
>Does any .lib file neet to be added to project?

Hi Omnix,

I've just tried this in my project and got the same error. If you
change you change your project settings to link statically against
MFC, the error goes away.

Looks like a bug in MFC 9.0 - I'd suggest reporting this at
http://connect.microsoft.com.

Chris
0
chrisn3031 (16)
5/15/2008 11:52:07 AM
On Thu, 15 May 2008 12:52:07 +0100, ChrisN
<chrisn303@nospam.googlemail.com> wrote:

>I've just tried this in my project and got the same error. If you
>change you change your project settings to link statically against
>MFC, the error goes away.
>
>Looks like a bug in MFC 9.0 - I'd suggest reporting this at
>http://connect.microsoft.com.

afxGlobalUtils is not documented on MSDN, so it looks like this class
is intended only for use internally within MFC, not from user code.

Chris
0
chrisn3031 (16)

3.0 Mail Merge
Is anyone experiencing this issue post upgrade to 3.0.....? When attempting to Print Quote for Customer in Outlook, we select the quote template, then Microsoft Word opens. From here the mail merge functions would begin. However, the mail merge toolbar is grayed out and we cannot merge to new document. We can't do anything. Is the process for Print Quote for Customer different in CRM 3.0? Or is this an issue? If so, can anyone provide assistance on this. Thank you! Cayla Will the templates we had set up to use in CRM 1.2 (for mail merging) still function in 3.0? Or are there ...

Q: Vc6.0 doesn't re-compile source automatically
With Vc6.0, if source or resource is modified, it doesn't re-compile the changed file. the output exe file is older version. Only after switching between debug and release, the modified result is showed in the exe file. I have tried several other project and reinstall vc, the problem above occurs only in this project. I guess this project setting is error. may anyone offer suggestion on this? Best Regards, lomas I would begin with recompiling all. It should clean all files from Debug/Release folders. It should work automatically the way you want it. --- Ajay "lomas" <...

Dynamics 7.0 tables in SQL server 2000
I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when using 7.0. Is there a reference that I can go to in Customersource that tells me this information? Thanks. -- Dave Christman System Developer There is an online reference: Tools >> Resource Descriptions >> Tables. Also there is a SDK avaailable on the Great Plains CD's. "Dave Christman" wrote: > I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names > starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when...

Adding Word Templates in CRM 3.0
Hello all, Our company recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2. In 1.2, there was button where I could add Word doc templates to use as contract templates. I am unable to locate this functionality in 3.0. Any directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi Marcos, I guess you were using some third party addon in CRM 1.2 which is not updated for CRM 3. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Marcos" wrote: > Hel...

Strange error message
Hello, I am getting a strange message when I am trying to copy a graph that I use in a payroll document that we use. It contains data and a graph for each employee. It worked just fine for 80% of the document then all of a sudden I started to get this message: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" with an OK button. I can hit the OK button and it will eventually continue on (after multiple clicks). But each time I copy and paste the graph, it gives me this message. I am using Excel 2002 on Win 2000 Pro with all the latest updates and patches available. T...

Linking Headers & Footers
Is it possible to link Headers and footers to a cell within a work book Probably really easy but I can't see how to do it. Many thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you are ready to use VBA it is. Here is an example Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftHeader = .Range("A1").Value End With End Sub This goes in the TisWorkbook code module. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ianripp...

Authentication Error after restoring SQL databases
Our CRM Development Team messed up our dev server and asked our SQL dba to restore a two day old SQL backup of the MSCRM and METABASE databases. After the restore, the CRM app. is unaccessible through the browser ( Authentication Error. Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator. ) Using the Deployment Manager only the License Manager information are visible and neither Server Manager nor User Manager. It seems like the applicat...

WIN98 Outlook 2000 Distributed Authentication Error
Using WIN98 2nd Edition and Office2000 Outlook. Dial-up connects to internet fine and operates fine, Outlook comes up fine and logs into e-mail server, however just before e-mail is supposed to start downloading I get the following: "An error occurred loading the Distributed Password Authentication Components." After clicking OK, get message box "Microsoft Server Extensions" and message "Unable to read configuration information for Microsoft Personal Web Server error code 1723." Uninstalled Office2000 and totally reinstalled, only to get the same exac...

Invalid sender domain
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Boat Sent: 4/17/2006 11:19 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Fahlahas@Surgv.com' on 4/17/2006 11:19 AM 554 Fahlahas@Surgv.com: Recipient address rejected: invalid sender domain Dan Klinge <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote: > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. > > Subject: RE: Boat > > Sent: 4/17/2006 11:19 AM > > The following recipient(s) could not be reached: > > 'Fahlahas@Surgv.com' on 4/17/2006 11:19 ...

Credit Card Expiration date error
We are getting an error message for credit cards with expiration dates greater than 2010. Has anyone else seen that? We are currently on RMS 1.2 using PC-Charge. It takes expiration dates through 2009. hi Rick, There is update for 1.2 to 1.3 and also in 1.3 there are patches available kindly download from customer sources this will resolve the issue "Rick@ASP" wrote: > We are getting an error message for credit cards with expiration dates > greater than 2010. Has anyone else seen that? We are currently on RMS 1.2 > using PC-Charge. It takes expiration dates thr...

Error 0x80ccc0f
This is becoming a real PIA! I can be using Outlook for hours or only minutes and get this error. When I shut the program down and re-start it, it again works for hrs or minutes. Nothing I do seems to make a difference one way or another. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks, Larry Outlook 2000 SP-3 Ver. 9.0.0.8954 Webmail Accounts Google Yahoo Mail Plus (default) OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Are you using a Linksys router? Linksys routers have a history of problems with ma...

link worksheet A & B
worksheet A cell F name is called product code cell F2 is Q921 cell F3 is Q5201 cell G name is called yarn count but worksheet B cell A name is called product code same as cell F of worksheetA Cell B name is called yarn count same as cell G of worksheetA if user plugin cell B62 with value 1234 and cell A62 at worksheet B is equal to worksheetA cell F2. How it link up and automatically display on G2 and the rest... but must be able to match and identify the product code of worksheet A and B in order for user to plugin lots of different number on worksheetB- column cellB and it will displ...

Error 0x800CCC13 in Outlook
Hi, We have several clients using a variety of Outlook versions (2000/XP/2003). Our mailserver is Exchange 5.5 running on a NT4.0 server, all availbale patches applied. All of a sudden clients can't send messages, the get error 0x800CCC13. I've looked up in TechNet and removed IE and OE completely, rebooted and reinstalled IE and OE, because of KB312349. Without any improvement. The problem is gone when removing the MS Exchange Server from the accountlist. Sending and recieving using POP3/SMTP does work. When the Exchange Server is selected but the primary storage location is ...

Linking CRM references when creating Workflow Activities
I have created a Workflow Process that creates a followup phone call and letter whenever a CRM Opportunity status changes from "Qualify" to "Quote". For the Activity Name/ Subject I would like to reference the Opportunity Topic (Name). Is there an easy way of doing this? NOTE: For the Opportunity Topic we are using the estimate number. ...

CRM 4.0 "An error has occurred"
Hi: I did an upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. First I upgrade Sql2000 to Sql2005 SP2 and then upgrade CRM. I have issue when create new case and tried to assign responsible contact. The application show “An error has occurred”. This form did have a customization in java to filter the contacts to show only the contacts for the account. I removed this customization for the form, but still have the error. I look for any Service Pack or Hot Fix but no found any. Any idea will be appreciated, Regards, -- Jose Valentin Rodriguez MCP-GP MCBMSS-GP Hi Jose, the problem is that you used a (very...

Outlook2003 error
Hi all, I am getting an error message when i try to compus a new message...''The messaging interface has returned an unknown error...'' OS=W2K with SP4 Office2003 Please help me Thx in ADV. ...

Inventory Cost Transfers in PA 8.0
Hi all, When I try to create an inventory transfer document in the Returns from Project Entry screen in Project Accounting 8.0, it seems to go well until I close the window, at which point I get the error : "This posting setting has been deleted". I've tried progresingon and applying the document, but when I do this I get another error: "You can't choose this document because it is part of a recovered batch or is still in the process of posting" There are no batches in Batch recovery, and it seems to have posted through to the GL account. I can't find anythi...

LDAP Error in Outlook 2003
I just upgraded to Office 2003, and now when I go to Outlook to try to send an email, I get an error that says "Can't contact LDAP server (81)". I can eventually send the email, but I get that message several times. -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter http://mail.giantcompany.com You receive a "Can't contact LDAP Directory server (81)" error message when you open the Address Book in Outlook: http://support.microsoft.com/default.as...

Re-establish broken contact links
I have a client that uses Microsoft CRM Dynamics 3.0 and synchronizes the contacts in CRM with Outlook 2003. It seems that the link between Outlook contacts and CRM contacts has been broken for some contacts which are preventing them from being synchronized. They appear in CRM, but no in Outlook. Is there some way of re-establishing the CRM links for these contacts so that they synchronize with outlook again? I don't want to delete the contacts in CRM because then it breaks the relationship between other activities inside CRM that use those contacts. I had the same problem. I end...

Error 553....rcpthosts...
I am receiving the following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: After Upgrading to 5.0 Receive Fatal Error 0 Message on Build Sent: 10/24/2003 10:43 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'someoneh@somewhere.com' on 10/24/2003 10:43 AM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) I have viewed some of the other posts and done what is recommended, such as authenticate outgoing messages with my username and password. This does not work. I have 3 di...

error (0xc0000135) when clicking in an E-mail
I recveive error (0xc0000135) whenever I click on an object in an E-mail. I have downloaded various .net files with no improvement. Bummer. Try reading the link in my signature and post back with accurate and helpful information. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Joe E Hogel asked: | I recveive error (0xc0000135) whenever I click on an object in an | E-mail. I have downloaded various ...

CRM for Outlook: HTTP 401 error
Hello, I'm trying to install CRM 4 for Outlook, but after I write the Intranet address e the Internet Address it sends me an error like: HTTP 401 Unauthorized. This error happens only on my laptop and all the other clients don't have any error. Could it be an error relative to my account? Thank you Rino Make sure the user account that you are using has a security role defined, and that you are also using the correct port when entering the addresses. -ajw "Rino Bertolotto, STESA SRL" <rino.bertolotto@stesa.it> wrote in message news:OGQQNgLcJHA.4480@TK2MSFTNGP0...

error bars
I have been trying to formulate error bars for a graph. Each point on the graph is made of 3 data points. I am having trouble getting started. The help option odes not seem to be very helpful. It states to click on tools then data series, which does not seem to be an option for me. I can not find such an option. Does anyone know how to do this. If so please help. ...

Windows Installer Error 1635
I am getting the following error message when I try to import a CSV file to the calander. Starts off by saying can not start the required translator, tries to install then I get the error message. ...

Rollback Integration Proccess when error ocurrs
In Integration Manager 8.0, somebody know if in an integration process once you receive an error in the middle of integration we can apply a rollback to all integration or to the last transaction in process, and there are some option to stop the integration process automatically, this thinking in a computer or a server fails I see the BEFORE COMMIT Events but the help file is verry poor. and I don't know wath proccess do it, after or before an error ocurr in the integration procces. Thanking in advance you help Armando Sánchez Monterrey, MX Typically, we use a single ba...