Layered window Crash Problem with Web Browser Control

hi, all

I placed a web browser Activx object into a layered window in Win XP.When I
continusely use web browser to load MS office document(*.doc,*.xls) ,it will
easily crash the whole system(win32k.sys crash), but every thing is fine in
windows 2000 or I just navigate the web site use webbrowser.

Is that a bug of windows XP? Please give some hints.

You can download sample from here
http://s87799026.onlinehome.us\temp\testweb.zip (VC 6.0)

Thanks in advance

Bravew.

0
asd4991 (4)
1/14/2004 3:25:23 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

setting the status programmatically on a custom entity
Hello, I have the following code which closes a custom entity (5 being the value of the status reason associated with "Close" in the "Inactive" state). THis code is ran in a pre-update plugin. SetStateDynamicEntityRequest request = new SetStateDynamicEntityRequest(); request.Entity = new Moniker(); request.Entity.Name = "lund_cheevent"; request.Entity.Id = CHEEventID; request.State = "Inactive"; request.Status = 5; service.Execute(request); The problem is that I receive the following error: "State Code...

=?windows-1252?Q?Student_=96_why_use_Landed_Costs=3F?=
I=92m a student studying GP and accounting in general and I wish to understand why use Landed Costs. I know LC incorporates all the extra costs of obtaining the goods into the cost of inventory but why bother? So your COGS is higher resulting in a lower gross margin. But if you expense the costs of obtaining the goods, it should still result in the same bottom line no? And isn=92t it the bottom line that counts? TIA JDM Good points all Jimmy. Use of Landed Cost is for the more anal of us bean counters :). Seriously though, some companies prefer not to recognize the cost until the period ...

Problems with outgoing e-mail
I am having problems sending e-mails out using my Outlook. I am using a high speed connection in my hotel room. The IT person from the hotel said it's because of their security system (spoofing!?!). I am able to use my browser just fine, Yahoo mail works fine, I receive mail in Outlook fine, but can't send any out The error I get is "The SMTP server name you specified cannot be found". The "My server requires authentication" is checked. I'm afraid it is not my Outlook, and the hotel can't do anything else I appreciate anyone's help. On Wed, 19 May 2004...

Payable Trxs Inquiry Window by Vendor
When I look up this one Vendor and do an Inquiry I'm getting the below msg. "the stored procedure createSQLTMP Table returned the following results: DBMS: 2627, Microsoft Dynamics GP" We are using SQL 2005 and GP 9. The problem is when I go to look up the vendor docs I don't see an invoice but I see the payment in WORK status. I can see the vendor invoice when I look up by doc number. I have ran check links and still receiving the same msg. Thanks in advance. Ok, I fixed my own problem I deleted the Payment in Work Status and ran check link and it recreated the payment in ...

Getting a subform control to requery
Main Form : F_BU Subform1: F_BU_Cat2 SubForm2: F_BU_Cat3 When I click on one of the records in subform1 (field BillCat) the OnClick event uses the value in the field as a criteria in a query that is used in the combox (cbxCat3) in Subform 2. Here is the code I was trying to use: Me.Parent!F_BU_Cat3.Form!cbxCat3.Requery It was working for a while but now not when I click on the "BillCat" field in Subform 1 I get: Method: Form" of Object ' _Subform' Failed. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-form...

Attaching CFrameWnd object to existing non-MFC window
Hello! I need to attach CFrameWnd-derived object to existing non-MFC window. The window has quite complex a window procedure. My CFrameWnd-derived object has its own MFC message map which I need to use. So the question is now how to combine the window procedures of both CFrameWnd-derived class and the original window. I subclassed the original non-MFC window, and overloaded the DefWindowProc with sth like: LRESULT CMainFrame::DefWindowProc( UINT message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam ) { if(m_pfnSuper && m_hWnd) { return(( WNDPROC(m_pfnSuper))(m_hWnd,message,wParam,l...

Windows XP 64 - Blue Screen of Death
Hi all, So I have set Event logging with small memory dump in XP 64 bit, in the System Properties/Startup & Recovery, in order to diagnose a BSOD in win32k.sys, page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. Unfortunately, when my PC blue screens, no event is written, and no minidump appears in the minidump folder. I have tried this both with letting the PC reboot automatically, and without. How do I ensure a minidump appears, and a system log entry is written? Cheers Vandervecken PS Crossposted purposely in XP 64 bit discussion, and accidentally in XP Media Center. Did this start happenin...

MDI App new Doc/View window: support from Developer?
Hello NG, I want to add a new Doc/View Window with menu in my MDI app. I use MS Developer 2003, Version 7.1. Up to now, I wrote all classes and resources alone, i.e. CNewDoc, CNewFrame, CNewView, IDR_NEW_VIEW_TMPL, IDD_NEWVIEW, ... And in CMyApp::InitInstance AddDocTemplate(...). Is this the only way? Or can the developer studio add all that stuff the same way as it does when I start a new MDI project? Thanks for hints, Guido You just need to do it manually like you are doing: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0dyc0e53(VS.80).aspx Tom "Guido Franz...

un mail qui revient a chaque fois que j'ouvre ma boite windows mails
ce mail dit ceci :impossible de trouver l'h�te POP3.compte POP3,serveur: POP3,protocolePOP3,ports 110,s�curit�(SSL):nonerreurde socket:11001,num�ro d'erreur:0X800CCC0D. CECI DURE DEPUIS QUELQUES TEMPS .MERCI ,j'ai aussi un probl�me avec explorer qui se coupe souvent ,je fais ce qui m'ai dis de faire mais il y a des termes employer que je ne connais pas et cela serait plus facile de faire des sch�mas en plus certaines pages sont en anglais et je connais passablement l'anglais et il n'y a pas de traduction possible.Je vous remercie de me lire loic. Lo...

Exchange Crash -- all we have is the ispriv.edb file
Hello all -- A client of mine never did any exchange 2003 backups, but did copy over the ispriv.edb file over to an external USB harddrive. All we want to do is pull the email out of that directory (8GB file) and put it into .pst files. Then, Ill reinstall Exchange, and open each person's mail box and copy the contents of each .PST file back to the server. My question is: If I only have the ISPRIV.EDB file, how do I get mail out of it ? Is there some super cool easy to use tool for this? ;-) Any help appreciated!! Sincerely, Blake http://wm.quest.com/products/recoverymanage...

Problem with comments
Have a strange problem with a computer I recently updated. I have been imaging computers in order to update several software items - one of which is Excel. The problem I have is with the users old excel documents which we transfer accross (Even those created with the same version). The workbooks contain many comments and these are unaffected - but when a user tries to add a new comment on an old sheet the comment will come up in very light grey and be impossible to read. If you create a new sheet in the same workbook comments are fine. How do you change comment colour for a sheet? It has st...

log-in problem
Hi All, I apparently shut off the power to my computer the other night before windows had finished logging off. Now when I go to start My Money program it gives me the following message: Money has detected that you did not close the file "My Money" before exiting. Money now needs to verify the information in your file. If your file is large this may take a few nimutes. Do you want to do this now? If you click no, you'll need to open a different Money file. YES NO Send Error Report If I click Yes or No, it keeps saying the e-mail address or...

Removing web access from outlook address bar
Is there a way to remove or restrict someone's access to the web from the address bar in outlook 2002? I have users who do not have IE priviledges but are able to slide the address bar over and type in a web address to get to websites. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Can you block their web access at the firewall? Perhaps this is not a technical problem but rather a behavior problem. If these people are employees (or children) perhaps you need to create a policy that forbids them doing this along with some consequences for violating it. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, On...

IP Address control
Hi, I have two questions regarding this stupid control. I use CIPAddressCtrl to access it. 1. How do I make it read only? I can disable it, but then the text is gray, while I want it black as an ordinary edit box which is set as read only. 2. Why does it send an IPN_FIELDCHANGED even when I'm just using the arrow keys? With an address like 192.168.1.111, it sends this message when I'm on the single digit entry "1", which is quite annoying. The address isn't changed! Anyone knows of an easy workaround? thanks /Glenn I haven't done this but you could try deriving...

Problem refreshing subform
I'm having problems refreshing a local table in a subform. After selecting a new customer on the main form, my code is supposed to delete the records in the subform and inserts the current customer's records for display . The odd thing is that when I insert a breakpoint and step through the code line-by-line, the subform displays the new records just as I intended. But when I remove the break point, the subform remains on the previous customer. What is it about executing the code line-by-line that causes the subform to behave differently? "CDM" <CDM@discuss...

Active Directory Problem
Hi Everyone, Hopefully you can help me out a bit here. Long story short, we had a failure last week that we were unable to recover Active Directory from. As such, we've had to rebuild AD from scratch - now the domain name and all user accounts are recreated and identical to the previous setup. However, I can no longer access CRM. I assume CRM 4.0 is authenticating on, not only AD membership, but based on an AD GUID of some sort - which I can't replicate. How can I get back in to re-load my users? Thanks, Craig Hi, Did u check if the users were part of CRM groups created ...

windows mail
My windows mail is not working, it will not let me send out any messages and this just started today, I was able to send out messages a couple days ago. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Thanks Diana, This newsgroup deals with Microosft Acccess, a relational database application. Your best bet is to try a newsgroup that deals with your particular email program. (Outlook? OutlookExpress?) -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll neve...

How to get Global Notification of browser request...
Hye, I am trying to get notification of any browser request... (not only that of the local server.. so filters will not be the right way to solve problem) So, whenever any request like (http://www.yahoo.com/) is made in IE, I want my DLL routine or my EXE should be called.. So, how to do that, any suggestion will be highly appreciated... -- Jigar Mehta jbmehtain@yahoo.co.in the program you need is called Browser Helper Objects http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnwebgen/html/bho.asp -- Command what is yours Conquer what is not Microsoft Most Valuable Professional [VC++] h...

Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition cannot connect to Exchange Server 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have been using Entourage 2008 to connect to our Exchange server since it's release (part of Office 2008) and I have recently followed the instructions to update it to the Web Services Edition. I am now unable to connect to my Exchange account with this version but as soon as I re-install the 'normal' version of Entourage 2008 everything works. <br><br>Is there something I need to enable on the Exchange 2007 server to allow the Web Services Edition to connect? ...

Field on utilities windows that displays last time run
I believe it would be very helpful to have a field displayed on all utilities windows within Dynamics-GP that shows the last time the particular utility was run. This will help with troubleshooting items that "disappear" because we will be able to see when someone last ran a utility that could have removed the history. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to op...

Do no allow GP windows in 10.0 to act as separate applications
Do no allow GP windows in 10.0 to act as separate applications. This is a very annoying change in version 10.0. If I open 5 windows in GP and then go to a different application such as Outlook, when I go back to GP, I have to click on every one of my windows in the task bar in order to have them show again. It's a lot of wasted mouse clicks. I would expect that when I click on the main application in my task bar, all of my windows I had open would also be showing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most v...

problem in SDI when I close application
Hi, I have made SDI application . But the program crashes in CDocument destructor when I close the application . In this statement: m_pDocTemplate->RemoveDocument(this); I havent changed generated code of document and view class of SDI application. I am unable to understand why it happens. Please help. Thanks, Dhaval Define "crash". There is no such thing. There are exceptions thrown due to access faults or similar errors, and they occur in some specific place in the code; there are assertion failures, which always indicate a line of code. Your description doe...

Problem in setting Substitutes fonts to CButton
I developed an MFC application. It is setting fonts properly. But it is not setting fonts for Substitutes fonts like Arial CE, Arial CYR in Windows 2000. Also same font is working fine in edit box. Please let me know if you have any solution to it. Regards, Ganapathi ...

Vista/Access Database Network Problem
Has the very serious network problem in Vista covered by Article 935366 "Issues that you may encounter when you open or are using a Microsoft Office Access database on a computer that is running Windows Vista" been fixed by either Vista SP1 or Access SP3? I can't find any reference to a fix in these service packs?? To lose your data is indeed a very serious bug. Part of the article on 935366 states: When you open or are using a Microsoft Office Access database on a computer that is running Windows Vista, you may encounter one or more of the following issues: .. Access ...

Excel 2000: Regional date problem
We'e just upgraded from Excel 97 to 2000 and are having problems because dates in spreadsheets are showing in US (mm/dd/yy) format rather than in European (dd/mm/yy). This si true whether I use a standard date format or make a custom format. I've checked the regional settings in Windows 2000, and they are correct. I thought Excel picked up the default from here. Any other ideas where I might look? Thanks in advance Alan I wasn't able to duplicate your problem, Alan. I switched to UK settings through Regional Settings. Then I opened Excel 97 and entered =NOW() in two ce...