Keyboard hooking through Accessibility

I am looking for a method to hook the keyboard without running a
background process. I know there are APIs for hooking
(SetWindowsHookEx), but I want to avoid the overhead of running another

background process for this and make the task do by windows itself.

I am thinking of tweaking the Accessibility option in windows for this.

Can we anyway do this by writing any script or modifying or adding
registry entries for Accessibility? Or is there any Accessibility
specific APIs which can re-program the Accessibility feature to do our
tasks  when we press a key with Accessibility feature-on.

Any comments appreciated, Thank you!!!

Thank you for your time.

--Kannan

0
riderchap (1)
8/24/2006 8:54:40 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

<riderchap@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am looking for a method to hook the keyboard without running a
> background process. I know there are APIs for hooking
> (SetWindowsHookEx),

There is no background process if you have a system wide hook. You module is
simply loaded in each process. For that resaon, you should make it very
light.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)

On Vista, starting Access 2007 is horribly slow (configuration dia
I've done some research and it appears that Access 2007 and Access 2003 DO NOT coexist on the same VISTA machine peacefully. Every time I start MS Access 2007, I get a "Configuration Progress" dialog box that probably takes 2 minutes to complete. I have uninstalled all office products and just reinstalled access 2007, all to no avail. There certainly has to be a fix for this? A registry edit? Are you saying that with ONLY Office 2007 on your machine, you are STILL getting the Configuration dialog? That is wierd. BTW, the problems with multiple version of Office on the ...

Ignore keyboard input
Hi How can I ignore non numeric character input into an Edit box control I am looking around the region of OnKeydown and OnKeyup functions added by Class wizzard and changing the Keycode passed in, but this doesnt work Any ideas anyone Thanks Try the ENCHANGE event. You could also set the edit box to numeric-only with the class wizard. The latter, unfortunately, doesn't make allowances for decimals, signs, etc. Balboos Jon Bishop wrote: > Hi, > > How can I ignore non numeric character input into an Edit box control. > > I am looking around the region of OnKe...

excel 2002 acting up after installation of access 97 #2
hi there, I am running windows xp on my work laptop, which has word, excel, and powerpoint (all 2002). The only version of access I have is 97, I have installed it on the laptop but now when I go to run Excel it asks me for my Office XP installation disc. This wouldn't be a problem if my disc wasn't back at home. Is this going to continue even after I get the disc? Can 97 products work with an XP based system? hoping for some help. cheers chanchito ...

edit variable length items in "Access" database tables
In my database table I am holding a variable length item in a database record; the item may be from two to six alphabetic characters long. Trailiing spaces pad the item where required. To print out the item in a report, the item itself is sandwiched between two fixed-length items separated by an oblique stroke, (forward slash): - ***/variable length/***. How can I suppress the trailing spaces in my variable length item when printing results ? Yours Sincerely, CHARLES WALKER Take a look at the RTrim function or even the Trim function. RTrim(SomeField) will trim trailing spaces off a...

Access Email
Is there a way to get around the security popup messages that Outlook comes up with when access send a email, have looked around and can only find addins the i want to try and stay away from to make it a simplier process. Been looking at various sites and this keeps coming up 'Object model guard'. Would like to have access take care of the email and outlook problems. The reason why i want to use outlook is that i have records stored in outlook that a email has been sent. Thanks -- Take a look at http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=52 An add-in such as Outlook ...

(MSCONFIG) An access denied error was returned while attempting to change a service......
...You may need to log on as administrator.... OK I get this in msconfig when making a change, however the change actually is made despite the error message. This is recent occurance, I am administrator (I have not changed anything on the accounts set-up) I can't fix this, I read it could be something to do with HP printers (weird) and also something to do with anti-virus (sounds more logical). OK so any ideas on how I can go about fixing it? Also when PC goes to sleep I can't wake it with either keyboard or mouse movement. In news:IQKun.15067$pV1.971...

in access databse the function date() returns #name
i have created an access data base at access 2003 profisonal and used the function date() it worked properly . but when i have coped my data base at another computer at the same office , the funtion retuned (name#) aW4gQWNjZXNzOyB0aGUgRGF0ZSBmdW5jdGlvbiBkb2Vzbid0IHdvcmsgc29tZXRpbWVzLgoKaXQgd29ya3MgYWxsIHRoZSB0aW1lIGluIFNRTCBTZXJ2ZXI7IGJ1dCB5b3UndmUgZ290IHRvIGNhbGwgaXQKR0VUREFURSgpCgoKCk9uIE1hciA3LCAxMToyNMKgcG0sINmF2K3ZhdivINiq2KfYrCDYp9mE2KPYtdmB2YrYp9ihINin2YTYqNiu2YrYqiDZhdit2YXYryDYp9mE2LPZitivCjxAZGlzY3Vzc2lvbnMubWljcm9zb2Z0LmNvbT4gd3JvdGU6Cj4gaSBoYXZlIGNyZWF0ZWQgYW4gYWNjZXNzIGRhdGEgYmFzZ...

Access 2003 query to Excel 2007 problem?
I have a query that I'd set up a while back for a user on an Access 2003 db. The main table has keys that point to other tables (schools and departments). She needs the results in Excel, so we have been exporting it directly to an excel file (v97-2003), which has been working just fine. However, the other day when I was working with her on this year's stuff, we'd run it once as a test, it worked fine, then I made a minor change to add a field, and re-ran it, and got quite different results. The first time we ran it, the resulting Excel file had "resolved" the k...

Cannot access exchange server via ESM
I dont know how this happened but... QUICK BACKGROUND: Had an old 2000 exchange server called EXCH1 (if you will) Built a new 2000 server because the first was dying fast and called it EXCH2 After migrating over, reassigning the roles blah blah everything worked fine I unplugged the Data cable from EXCH1 to see what happens and we have been good for a month. NOW THE PROBLEM: Now when I go to ESM I see both servers. When I click or right click EXCH2 it freezes and then eventually times out with no error. When I go to active directory 2000 and create a new user, it forces me to push them to E...

controling excel from vba access and using sub procedures
Hi All, I'm having trouble getting my code to work using sub procedures in my vba code, this only happens when i am interacting with excel. I've tried to copy all the dims and defs from the calling procedure but to no avail at this time. sample code below. Dim strPath As String Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim Excel_Application As Excel.Application Dim Excel_Workbook As Excel.Workbook Dim Current_Worksheet As Excel.Worksheet Dim Data_Range Dim Worksheet_Name Dim db As Database Dim rs As Recordset D_now = Format(Date, "dd-mm-yy") ' Formated to use as part of fi...

maximum number of indexes per SQL table that Access (jet) can deal with?
why is there a maximum number of indexes per SQL table that Access (jet) can deal with? is it really the count of indexes + statistics? I've seen plenty of documentation that states that typically DSS systems have twice as much index space as data space.. So I don't think that it's a case of 'over-indexing' I'm just tired of a crippled Jet front end and other people making me 'temporarily drop my indexes' so that they can link to my tables using Jet. has this bug gone away with Access 2007? Is it going away with Access 2010? ...

Import Access Query to Excel
I am trying to import MS Access Query to Excel. I tried with "Data --> Import External Data --> Import Data" but I found two issues. First, "Select Table" lists only 5 of 15 query tables I made. Second, data range only displays column headings, no record. Both Access and Excel files are on local drive. My computer is on domain network and I heard there is a security issue with Import External Data within domain environment. However, I used to do this on my previous employment within domain environment. I appreciate any help! Thank you! Jonathan Kim Jonathan, wh...

Access Excel Data Export
Hi, I have following problem: I need to export data from Access into Excel worksheet using VBA in Access. How to do it? Regards Witek On Aug 8, 8:06 am, Witek <witold.szczepan...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have following problem: I need to export data from Access into Excel > worksheet using VBA in Access. How to do it? > > Regards > Witek Will DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet work? ...

MS ACCESS for MAC
Does anyone know if there is a MAC equivalent for Microsoft ACCESS? I hooked up my friend's MAC to our work network and it works fine and can access everything fine, but all our inventory/pricing is done on ACCESS.. is there any way a MAC can access and open this type of document? Aa Sorry, Access for Mac doesn't exist. I don't think there is any application that can open and use access files on the Mac, though there may be some that would open and convert them. But that doesn't sound feasible for your situation. Running Windows in a virtual machine might work for you. S...

How to access SATA Harddisk?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to access the SATA Harddisk? My PC has 2 HDD, which are C and D. C drive contains XP SP3 system file and D drive contains document file. Recently, C drive harddisk occurs smart fail, and not able to work any more, when I connect D harddisk using external USB case, it cannot be detected on my notebook under window explorer, but Mass Storage Device can be seen under safe remove tools. Under tool device, this harddisk is classified as disk 1, it is described as "active" and "external" with no partition at all. This harddisk...

Cannot open access 2002 file
Hi All, I created a database on access 2002 (xp) but when I tried to run it on access 2003 it said it encounter a problem and need to be closed. Then it creates a back-up and a lock files. What do I do next? Anyone know? Thank you Avaya Try creating a new empty database and importing all the objects from the old database. "Avaya" <Avaya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FA185BB-EE11-447A-880A-93B8913DD386@microsoft.com... > Hi All, > > I created a database on access 2002 (xp) but when I tried to run it on > access 2003 it said it enco...

Accessing thru OWA & multi-domains
Hi there, I'm using Exchange 2003 and a forest that contains three domains. Users from the Exchange default domain can login via OWA but users from the other two domains get the dreaded three auths and then HTTP 401 unauthorized. Mailboxes exists and mail can be sent to them. The users show up in the address box. The Exchange default domain also contains the GC. I've checked replication, DNS, auth in Exchange & IIS (both are set to Basic & IWA), permissions on directories, etc. Basically, everythng that that I found in the MS knowledgebase. The forest is a mixed env with ...

OWA Form based authentication
Hello Newsgroup ! I have a question. Does someone of you know how to access the mailbox of another user when form based authentication is enabled? Without FBA enabled it is servername/exchange/user@doamin.com. I don't know how to access the mailbox directly from the logon page when FBA is enabled. Thank you in advanced Br Markus ...

importing data from access #5
when importing data from access, i have one column is a unique identifying number. HOwever, the number comes in with { } around the #. How can i remove them. thanks Jerry jerry wrote: > when importing data from access, i have one column is a unique identifying > number. HOwever, the number comes in with { } around the #. How can i remove > them. > > thanks > Jerry Once in Excel, do a find and replace. Twice, once for {, and then repeat for }. Leave the "replace with" blank, and "replace all" both times. pierre I don't speak Access, but cou...

Access/Excel: Create multiple Lines/Column out of one mulit-line Column?
Hallo everyone! I spent a lot of time today searching for a response to my question but I had unfortunately no success. The problem is the following: I have got an Access-table called Employee with an ID and one corresponding Field/Column called comment. These comments are stupidly multi-line (separated by a Return). It's my aim to have access (he he, wordplay) to these two fields in Excel whereas the field shouldn't be longer that 255 characters. I considered three solutions: The table could be changed after being exported to excel in the following two ways: - Multiple Comment Column...

Data import issue from Access
Carriage return (Ctrl+Return) in access data in one cell is imported to "I" into the place of carriage return. Some one have magic idea to import same as excel? Access source data I hope this work A) It should work this way After import to Excel I hope this work | A) It should work this way ...

Insert character in a cell using a keyboard shortcut
Hi, I have a workbook with values in Column A that have to be split into columns. Before splitting into columns I need to manually insert delimiters eg. "~" . The user will get into the cell in Edit mode and then use a keyboard shortcut to insert the pre-defined delimiter viz. "~". Can this be done? (I tried recording a macro but the entire cell string with the delimter was recorded.) If this is not possible, any other way/ideas for inserting delimiters where there is no pattern for programatically inserting the same? Thanks in advance for the help. Regard...

Very slow internet access via ethernet port
Had an old PC running windows xp. Worked fine connected to my router using ethernet and powerline adaptors. Bought a PC from a mate running Vista Ultimate. Now I'm getting only about 5kb/s. Checked my router and reset it. OK. In fact, speed using wireless connection to router from another PC is absolutely fine so its not an internet/ISP problem. Checked my powerline adaptors and reset them. No difference. So, all I can think at the moment is:- 1. Powerline adaptors have chosen this moment to play up. (although was working fine before). Getting hold of long CAT5 cable so ...

Keyboard HID minidriver
I have studied kbdclass class driver for keyboards and vhidmini hid minidriver. I understood how both drivers do stuff internally and how control IRP packets get passed down the driver stack from the class driver to the minidriver, but I have not understood how read requests are processed. I didn't understand where exactly in kbdclass does IRP_MJ_READ get passed to the minidriver. From what I see, this doesn't happen, IRP_MJ_READ is completed in the class driver. The class driver just removes stuff from it's queue. If this is the case, how does the minidriver fill t...

How to set save format to Access 2002 as standard
Hi, I am currently planning to mass-install Office 2002 including Access 2002 on about 1.000 PCs. I found out that if I install them as standard Access 2000 saves as default to Access 2000 file format. I know how to set up on a single installation that Access has to save with Access 2002 file format, is there any way to set it up during the installation so I wouldn't have to do manually on about 1.000 installations? Please!!! Y/Jakob Networked PCs??? Hard to imagine that number of PCs without network. I am not an expert on the network side but surely your network admin people can...