Keeping Context Menu open after Command

Hi,

I've added a context menu to my CListCtrl that allows columns to be
hidden. Is there a way to keep this menu open after the user clicks on a
command?

Basically like in the customize toolbar menu in Visual Studio.
0
OlafvdSpek (88)
5/29/2005 5:14:33 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Olaf van der Spek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've added a context menu to my CListCtrl that allows columns to be
> hidden. Is there a way to keep this menu open after the user clicks on a
> command?
>
> Basically like in the customize toolbar menu in Visual Studio.

Bump. Somebody, anybody?
0
OlafvdSpek (88)
6/1/2005 8:41:55 PM
I imagine you would have to start think "modeless dialog" instead of "menu"
in this case.

Johan Rosengren
Abstrakt Mekanik AB

Johan Rosengren wrote:
> I imagine you would have to start think "modeless dialog" instead of "menu"
> in this case.

Hmm, good idea. That provides more configuration options too.
I'll try that.
0
OlafvdSpek (88)

Open with list
I clicked on an .MP4 file, and noticed the "open with" list did not have iTunes. No big deal, I could select iTunes from my Applications, but why is it not on that list - and how can I add it to that list? Registering programs with the "Open With" dialog: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/openwithadd.htm ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 10:43:59 -0600, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Howard Brazee <howard@brazee.net> wrote: >I clicked on an .MP4 file, and noticed th...

fail to deliver a group mail --- "503 BAD SEQUENCE OF COMMANDS"
I created a contact folder "F" with 300 contact info, including myself and X. I send the mail to myself , cc to X, and bcc to "F". It was sent out succefully, however I received a system undeliverable message of "503 BAD SEQUENCE OF COMMANDS" under each mail address of the recepient, including me and X. What is the problem? SpringFlower <SpringFlower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I created a contact folder "F" with 300 contact info, including > myself and X. I send the mail to myself , cc to X, and bcc to "F". Not po...

can I disable the delete command for a file
Can I disable the delete command for a file? There's no functionality in Excel that could stop someone opening Windows explorer and deleting a file if that's what you mean -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Dr. Darrell" wrote: > Can I disable the delete command for a file? > > See "permissions" in Windows help. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 05:45:01 -0800, Dr. Darrell <Dr...

Outlook Additional menu entries and crashes
Hi guys, The problem in detail: Step 1: I delete "outcmd.dat", "extend.dat" and "FRMCACHE.DAT". Step 2: I start outlook -> everything is normal. Step 3: I open any folder from the folder list -> a second "Adobe PDF" (from Acrobat 7.0) menu appears on the left side. Step 4: I close outlook -> outlook crashes. Step 5: I start outlook again -> 2 "Adobe PDF" menu items appear on the right side. Repeating steps 3 - 5 add additional "Adobe PDF" menues. Closing outlook without opening any folder before does not add any ...

Macro to open non-Visio document on double-click
When I double-click an object in my flowchart I would like to open up a Word document or an Excel Document, but I can't see that there is an easy way to do this. Looking under the Double-Click behavior of a shape I see that I can assign a macro to run upon double-click, but I don't know how to create a new one. Can I create a macro or Visual Basic script in the Standard version of Vision that I have which would perform the "Open Document" task that I need done? visio's integration with M$ office is a common desire. there are a couple of good examples on how to ...

Can't Open Item after Exchange 2003 Enterprise Install
I just installed a new Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with Exchnage 2003 Enterprise and some of my users have a problem opening some email messages. They get the error "Can't Open Item" Once they close Outlook XP SP-2, reopen Outlook and then try, they can open the email. This may happen to them 3 or more times a day. Any ideas? Thanks Brice P. Duffy Manager of Information Systems Mackall, Crounse & Moore, PLC bpd@mcmlaw.com What version of outlook? "Brice Duffy" <bpd@mcmlaw.com> wrote in message news:utKQV$$KFHA.1608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... &...

outlook keeps sending files over 1 mb
It resends countlessly and never leaves my outbox unless I can catch it taking a breath and delete it. This causes me to use yousendit.com for larger files but it would be so much easier to use my own outlook. What gives with this? I called my internet provider and they don't have a limit on file size so it has to be microsoft. Surely I'm not the only one having this problem. Microsoft XP OS; office 2003 with all service packs updated. Thanks! Outlook has no limit on the size of the file you send unless you have an Exchange mailbox (usually found in the work pl...

Compiling MFC project from command line...
Hi, How do I compile and link MFC activex project from command line in MSVC 6.0 Is there any tool which generates such info... Help ! sandSpiderX If you look in the project settings for your ActiveX project, you will see the command line that is used by the IDE for building the project. You should be able to use that command line directly. "sandSpider" <m74.piscean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120655631.691634.137580@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > How do I compile and link MFC activex project from command line in MSVC > 6.0 > > Is the...

I open 2007 file, it opens as .ppt (2003) read only
When I open up my 2007 files .pptx by double-clicking on it, it opens as a ..ppt (Read Only) (Compatibility Mode). I then have to do a "save as" 2007 file. However, when I open it by doing file-open - it opens as a 2007 file. Does anyone know why yhis happens and if there is a preference I can set to have them open as 2007 files when I double-click on it? Thanks in advance! -- Marc One solution would be right clicking the file and selecting properties and going to the " General" tab and changing the program it uses to open as a default(i am not aware...

How to Edit the Macro that exists behind an existing Command Butto
Hi There, Hoping someone can help me out ... I have inherited the task of managing an Access 2007 application. Within this application I have an Access 2007 form that has a Command Button. I'm not sure how this Command Button was created (Macro, Query, etc.) but I do know what it does. I would like to edit the Query/Macro this Command Button executes. I'd rather not edit the VBA coding as I am a VBA Beginner. Can you pleae let me know how I can edit the Command Button's Query/Macro. Thank you, Jason A command button can run a macro or a VB event proce...

After Closing a Personal Folder, How do you Re-Open it?
My boss closed a personal folder and we can't see it now to re-open it? Any one got any ideas? Thanks File > Open... -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tom Storm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2d2401c49b4a$9ce3da80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My boss closed a personal folder and we can't see it now > to re-open it? Any one got any ideas? > > Thanks ...

money keeps updating in the background
money 2007 keeps updating in the background I am not able to stop it from doing that, It keeps trying to download information but I can see my accounts and transactions, this happened when I upgraded to money 2007 from 2006. I can't do anything. any help will be appreciate. In microsoft.public.money, John Gutierrez wrote: >money 2007 keeps updating in the background I am not able to stop it from >doing that, It keeps trying to download information but I can see my accounts >and transactions, this happened when I upgraded to money 2007 from 2006. I >can't do anything...

How to start cluster from command line?
We are running Windows 2003 domain and Exchange 2003 cluster. I had to take ALL of the cluster resources offline install a Microsoft fix. Now the cluster won't show up in Cluster Administrator so I can't bring the cluster back online. Anyone know the command line commands to do this, or how I open a connection to the cluster in Cluster Administrator? TIA, Lamar The virtual node name is "stms". Whe I try to connect to that cluster it says that the cluster service is not running on that node. Lamar "Lamar Thomas" <none@none.com> wrote in me...

Keep with Next and Figure
Word 2007: I am trying to keep figures and their captions on the same page. When I set the style for figures to use Keep With Next, the figures slide up BEHIND the previous paragraph instead of starting a new page as necessary. Is there any way to correct? Are you sure they're really sliding behind? Or do you perhaps have the paragraph line spacing set to an Exact amount? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org <faceman28208@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7903719c-bd24-4d40-b74f-5c1efc4869f7@y21g...

XP-SP3 How can I be sure to keep it.
I currently have a Dell Reinstallation CD for XP Pro - SP2. I recently had to use it and was able to reinstall Windows without any problems. After installation I used the Windows Update site to get all the current updates. I believe I've read here that after July, 2010 SP2 will no longer be supported. If I have use my OEM disk after July will I still be able to download Service Pack 3 from Windows Update? or should I go ahead and download the iso file from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2FCDE6CE-B5FB-4488-8C50-FE22559D164E&displaylang=en and c...

Outlook 2003
I've noticed that periodically when I try to open a message in my Inbox that the email window opens behind the Outlook window so I have to minimize Outlook to see the message. Essentially, the message window does not become the active window on top when I open a message. I found no help in the Knowledge Base, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Vicky Sandvig ...

Slow to open /close
Hi all Just recently I am having problems with Excel, and the speed at which it opens and closes. It can take up to 20 seconds to close. Version is Excel 2000, OS is ME, 256 RAM, 1100 Mhz. All other programs seem normal, have no viruses or malware, and no add-ins checked in Tools > Add-ins. It used to open and close like greased lightening, has anyone any ideas? -- George Hi George, Take a look at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm particular items such as clearing out your IE cache, making sure you don't have Outlook Journalling (log file) Perhaps you added ma...

Can't open attachments #3
On all the e-mails that I receive that show they have an attachment (the paperclip to the left of their addess), when I click on the paperclip, the attachments are not bold and when I attempt to open or save the attachment, nothing works. What do I need to do? Hi, I'm having the same problem. I'm using Outlook 2000, SP3 from MS Exhange 2000. Attachments are blocked. I know this is a Microsoft Security issue, however I beleive there is a registry fix for this. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks, Marc >-----Original Message----- >Is this Outlook or Outlook Expr...

Toobars don't stay open
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Even though I have selected three toolbars (they show check marks), no toolbars appear when I start up Word. I have to View, Toolbars, Standard (turn off) and then View, Toolbars, Standard to get it to appear. How can I get it so that my toolbars are there when I start up Word? This is very frustrating! Are they all Docked at the top of the document window? Click the oblong button at the right end of the Title Bar. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones Office:Mac MVP <David17@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:59b75...

Executing a macro command
How do I execute a macro command by just typing something in a cell? For example, when a user type letter Y in cell A1.. macro 1 will execute, then when he types letter B also in cell A1, the second macro will execute and so on. Thank you. There is an event macro that runs when you change a cell value, the worksheet_change macro, make that macro decide which macro to call and do it. See http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/Events.aspx HTH. Best wishes Harald "Salza" <zainuddinz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a496ff7c-18db-4130-91ea-193508da79a5@n16g2000yqm.goog...

AfxMessageBox not opening correct help topic?
In my application just after I call OpenDocumentFile on a doc template to instantiate a new doc/view frame window, I call AfxMessageBox under certain conditions. I add the MB_HELP style flag and pass an id for the help context. It seems however that when I hit the Help button, my application's help is opened to the section for the newly-created frame window and not the section I specified as the parameter in AfxMessageBox. I can't seem to figure out why. I put breakpoints all over the MFC code relating to help and none of them hit. In CWinApp::ShowAppMessageBox, either the owner frame&...

Outlook 2000 opens repeatedly
Outlook 2000 on Win98. When opened, it keeps opening over and over until there are 12 or more open on the desktop. Then it won't close. HELP! Anybody out there have an answer besides check for viruses and spyware? ...

Error opening File
I keep getting the message "Publisher cannot open files from a different version". I am running PUB'98 and assume that the files are in '97 format but cannot find a way to open them or import them. If I try selecting file from the Pub browser then it can preview the object but I still cannot open it. Please help someone as this is getting damn frustrating! Thanks What makes you "assume" the files are Pub 97? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jim hooper" <JH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ceb01c47f26$b2636640$...

Outlook Ex. won't open my emails.
When I double click a new or an old email, that email window pops up, but doesn't show anything. When I move my mouse cursor over the message body area, it's just an arrow with an hourglass. I've left it overnight thinking it's just taking a while, but to no avail. I tried this with emails that I was able to open a few days ago, and they won't open either. I have just updated my Norton Antivirus and the problem occured sometime after that. Would my AV have anything to do with this? Any help in this matter would be appreciated. -Mute Ask in an Outlook Express forum...

How do I open my own 'safe' attachments I have emailed through ou.
I have just purchased a new computer with new Outlook Express. But for some reason I can't open the word doc. attachments I have sent with my emails. An OE message comes up saying that access is denied because they are unsafe. They aren't unsafe - they are just simple word text docs. Help please! Open Outlook Express and select Tools | Options | Security tab and uncheck the second option from the top concerning attachments. "LizJ" <LizJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5741CCF9-D1A8-429F-9315-EB3043C7CB45@microsoft.com... > I have just purchas...