IWebBrowser2 control in dialog

I have the above mentioned control in a dialog and would like
to remove the vertical scrollbar from the dialog.  If I resize the
dialog the vertical scollbar becomes disabled but I would like
it to disappear completely.  I've tried:

cs.style &= ~WS_VSCROLL;

in the PreCreateWindow() of the dialog but that doesn't work.
What's the proper way to do this?

Thanks,
Drew

0
dam4330 (47)
3/7/2008 6:14:37 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Drew" <dam@dam.dam> wrote in message
>I have the above mentioned control in a dialog and would like
> to remove the vertical scrollbar from the dialog.
> What's the proper way to do this?

The three ways I know of are:

1. <BODY scroll=no>
2. IDocHostUIHandler::GetHostInfo; DOCHOSTUIFLAG_SCROLL_NO
3. IHTMLBodyElement::put_scroll

--
Jeff Partch

0
jeffp (1711)

cannot see my dialog/forms.
By accident i excluded a file or something from my project, now i dont see my gui anymore,. i try to include the res files, but in the resource viewer i dont see the dialofg box nomore. the appl. still compiles and runs, what do i have to do to get the gui back? thanx N. Karademir Smart Software wrote: > By accident i excluded a file or something from my project, now i dont see > my gui anymore,. > i try to include the res files, but in the resource viewer i dont see the > dialofg box nomore. > the appl. still compiles and runs, > > what do i have to do to get the ...

Dialog is not showing
My SDI app runs a COM object that can open multiple windows. If this COM object opens just one window I can click on a button on my app to open a modal dialog which works. If the COM object opens two or more windows when I click on the button to open the modal dialog it does not appear and my app no longer responds to input. When I close one of the windows of the COM object (there can still be multiple windows opened by the COM object) the dialog appears and my app now responds to input. Any ideas on how I might troubleshoot this problem? The COM object is started and controlled by a hidd...

Printing a dialog from an SDI based application
In an SDI application that I am developing I am trying to print the contents of a graph hosted in a dialog...my question is can I somehow hook into the default printing support that the SDI app has built in or do I have to come up with a new class to support printing from the dialog??? Dominic Dominic, You can indeed jack into the printing framework. It's as easy as adding an override to OnPrint in your view, and print to the CDC* you get as an in-parameter. A nifty side effect is that you'll get support for the print-preview this way as well. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik ...

embed dialog into another dialog
how can be done? thanks what do you mean 'embed'??? you can open a dialog from another dialog just like you would open it from another application. "Mastupristi" <cialdi_NO_SP@M_firenze.net> wrote in message news:20040728165812.00003ab8.cialdi_NO_SP@M_firenze.net... > how can be done? > > thanks On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:51:50 -0400 "Dave" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote: > what do you mean 'embed'??? you can open a dialog from another dialog > just like you would open it from another application. I mean that I wand to define 2 dia...

Control charting #2
How did I build a true control chart that has the mean in the middle, the control limits; mean +-2(stdev) and mean +-3(stdev), see below. I have attempted to use both scatter and line charts and then manipulate the axis, but that only works for the X and Y axis and does not give me the mean line or control limits on the right. Ideas? I'm sure that I'm making this more difficult than I need.... mean+2(stdv)30.1 mean-2(stdv)13.3 Mean 21.7 mean+3(stdv)34.3 mean-3(stdv)9.1 Day # treated 1 25 2 19 3 17 4 15 5 20 6 24 7 30 8 19 9 16 10 23 Than...

How to insert date using a pop up calendar control in a cell in E.
It has to be simple to add a control to an excel worksheet so when a user clicks on a cell a calendar pops up allowing the selection of a date. I just can't figure out how to do it. 1. View..ToolBars...Control Toolbox 2. Click the button for More controls (looks like two hammers) 3. From the list Select "Microsoft Date Time Picker " 4. Drag on sheet for the size of the control 5. Turn off design mode (green triangle on the control toolbox) to use the DT control "sinned81" wrote: > It has to be simple to add a control to an excel worksheet so when a user &...

controlling spam with MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml
Hi I need to know if there is a way of using a wild card word inconjunction with the MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml. I will try to explain, recently our ISP who provide our first line spam filtering changed their methods of controlling spam and since this change we are getting alot more spam into our exchange systems. They delete obvious spam but the ones they are a little unsure about they now send it out and adjust the subject to include the word spam I now this sounds daft but just go along with it. So we are getting alot of spam with the different subjects all prefixed with {s...

No Group dialog box appear when working in Pivot Table
I'm trying to group a range of dates in pivot table. According to help files a dialog box should appear when selecting Group..., but nothing happens except a grouping of the entire marked range. How do I go about in order to make the Grouping dialog box show? Best Regards PerD > PerD, This might be something particular to my set-up (XL2K), but I have to build the table initially by specifying the data range *exactly* (click'n'drag on the worksheet) for grouping dates to be an option. If I use a blanket source (eg: A:B) it won't cut it. Try it again from scratch, the...

Controlling excel chart axis
Hi, I have automated plotting of charts of date v/s speed recorded on a particular day with date on the x-axis and speed on the y-axis for each car that is being tested say Focus, Escort and Ikon. The graph gets displayed properly for the first data selected (say Focus) from a combo box. Now, for the other selection, the graph axis are getting reversed i.e date is getting plotted on the y-axis and speed on the x-axis ! Is there some why to control this ? I’m using Excel with VBA. TIA Is it still the same type of chart? You must somehow be mixing up Values and XValues for ...

Referring to control on subform
I have a parent form named fMemberInfo with a tab control called tabSubforms with a subform called fYInfoSubform with a combobox call cboSeqNo I would like to requery the combobox on the parent form's "OnCurrent" event. How do I refer to the comboxbox? On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 18:51:56 -0500, "Joseph Greenberg" <jjgfromnj@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a parent form named fMemberInfo >with a tab control called tabSubforms >with a subform called fYInfoSubform >with a combobox call cboSeqNo > >I would like to requery the combobox on t...

how do I assign a variable to a check box or radio control?
I need to assign the value of a radio control or check box when clicked on to a variable, preferably using the SetTemVar macro. Use the AfterUpdate of the control (if it's a stand-alone control), or of the option group (if it's part of an option group) to SetValue (in a macro) or assign the value (in code.) Not sure if it's really a good idea though. Considerations such as: - You can quite easily read the value from the form. - Doesn't work in versions of Access before 2007. - If it's a bound form, the tempvar would not be up to date when you move to a different recor...

Bitmap in a dialog
Hello I am working with MFC. By using application wizard, when i insert a bitmap in dialog, the other buttons and edit box disappear behind that bitmap. How can i make visible those controls such that bitmap goes behind those controls. Thanks Aqueel A. Mirza Il se trouve que Aqueel A. Mirza a formul� : > Hello > I am working with MFC. By using application wizard, when i insert a bitmap > in dialog, the other buttons and edit box disappear behind that bitmap. How > can i make visible those controls such that bitmap goes behind those > controls. > > Thanks > Aquee...

derived dialog with Pattern Brush
Hi All, I implemented a custom dialog [called CVTranspDialog which is derived from CDialog] in order to handle transparencies, custom backgrounds [patterns by means of CreatePatternBrush] and so on. Everything works great except that something interesting happens and I was wondering if anyone could give me an explanation. In the constructor of the CVTranspDialog I have the following lines of code: ==== CBitmap TheBitmap; TheBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_Background); m_BackgroundBrush.CreatePatternBrush (&TheBitmap); if (!m_BackgroundBrush.GetSafeHandle()) AfxMessageBox((CString)"?!&qu...

ActiveX Controls #3
Hi, can any one tell me how to create and use activex control?? -- For all problems in ur life u r the only solution. Underdog wrote: > Hi, > can any one tell me how to create and use activex control?? Look for the CIRCLE tutorial in MSDN. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] Hi, Thanx for ur reply..but i tried that sample but its not working properly.....i.e when i tried changing the back color of the circle using the steps given in the sample it didnt work i.e the color is not changing .....Is there any other link for ActievX samples??? thanx in advance "Scott McPhillips...

ASP.Net 2005 Editable Drop down server control
Could any one share me open source code to customize Asp.net 2005 drop down control as an editable drop down control. This is an urgent requirement. Thanks in advance Check out the code at this link: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/EditableDropdown.aspx - Dave "JPrasad." <JPrasad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50FF9826-BB9B-4E99-9D73-745274229164@microsoft.com... > Could any one share me open source code to customize Asp.net 2005 drop > down > control as an editable drop down control. This is an urgent requirement. > > Thanks in a...

clearing items shown by the AutoComplete feature in the Advanced Find Dialog box
Hi all, How can I clear the items shown by the AutoComplete feature in the "search for the word(s)" field in the Advanced Find Dialog box?? Thank You Max I found that info in the MRU 1 value in the registry here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Office Finder You can try clearing/deleting that value (of course, the usual cautions apply... export the key first just in case) "max" <a@b.net> wrote in message news:D8ymb.486287$4w.57408106@amsnews03.chello.com... > Hi all, > > How can I clear the items shown by the AutoComplete feat...

Use insert key to control overtype
I`m trying to deploy office 2007 in silent mode. How can i turn on "Use insert key to control overtype" checkbox in registry or in office customization tool? i can`t find it Try the Office Button (left corner) then Word Options | Advanced | Editing and check "Use insert key..." "Ivan" wrote: > I`m trying to deploy office 2007 in silent mode. How can i turn on "Use > insert key to control overtype" checkbox in registry or in office > customization tool? i can`t find it ...

how to restore dialog mouse/keyboard focus after catching exception???
My application throws an exception in a grid control that is attached to a dialog. The parent window of the dialog correctly catches the exception but mouse/keyboard focus is not restored to the parent window. I've tried a number of things (e.g. SetFocus, CaptureMouse, etc) but the parent window does not get mouse/keyboard control and so my application has effectively been shut down. I am forced to use the debugger to exit from the application. Would anyone have any suggestions how to resolve this problem. Ideally, I would like to catch the exception in the parent window or is t...

Dialog Editor Shows the previous name (not ID) of the resource
may be i havent explain clearly i try to expose the problem in another way: the resource.h contains something like this: .... #define IDC_STATIC_GROUPBOX_ARRAY 1000 .... when i click on that Group box in dilaog designer these values are shown in the properties box (Under the Misc Category): name = IDC_STATIC_GROUPBOX_ARR //its some previous name of the resource ID = IDC_STATIC_GROUPBOX_ARRAY // the current and correct ID of the resource the name property is grayed out (meaning its a read only property) but the ID property is editable Questions: 1- where does the VS store the name pro...

Need help to bring a modeless dialog to top
[I'm using VC++7 on Windows 2000) I have a modeless dialog and I need it to be on top & have focus everytime I show this dialog. But for some reasons, this dialog (most of the time) comes up behind another dialog (not its parent, but sibling). I have tried all of these but nothing worked SetActiveWindow SetFocus BringWindowToTop SetForegroundWindow The only thing that could bring this dialog to the top (but still doesn't have focus) is SetWindowPos with wndTopMost, but of course it keeps the dialog on top forever, which I don't want. I also tried to combine SetWindowPos (wit...

dialog tooltips
Hi, I'm trying to have tooltips in my dialog. I did the following: 1. added EnableToolTips(true) in the OnInitDialog(). 2. Added ON_NOTIFY_EX(TTN_NEEDTEXT, 0, OnToolTipNeedText) in the dialog's message map. 3. addded the function OnToolTipNeedText in the dialog's class and set there a breakpoint The problem was that I never reached the breakpoint. Did I forget something? Ram. Read the help page for EnableToolTips. Pay attention to the message maps entries they have in the sample code. Ali R. "Ram Baruch" <info@metalix-cad-cam.com> wrote in message news:OUYoL5...

How to convert modeless dialog to modal
Hello, I have a modeless child dialog which I want to convert to modal ( I want it to stay on the top until it is closed and till then the parent window cannot be reached). Please lemme know how to do this. I tried setwindowpos with various options but it dint work Thanks, Ravi "ravi" <nelavelli82@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1142702556.206872.248450@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I have a modeless child dialog which I want to convert to modal ( I > want it to stay on the top until it is closed and till then the parent > window cannot ...

positioning the dialog box in MFC on a WinCE device
I have a dialog box developed in mfc for a Windows CE device. I used the following code to center my window on the lcd screen of the device: CWnd* pWnd = GetDesktopWindow(); CenterWindow(pWnd); However, I still get a tiny sliver of space on the left side of the dialog box, resizing the dialog merely makes it overflow on the right side of the LCD while the tiny space on the left remains (I can see the blue of the win CE desktop behind.) Are there any suggestions to solve this problem? I checked the margin settings for this dialog box in my .rc files and leftmargin and topmargin are...

static control font
Hi all, I am creating and inserting static controls on my dialog. And i am setting their font with the function below. BOOL CMyDlg::CreateFont() { LOGFONT logFont; CFont font; memset(&logFont, 0, sizeof(logFont)); logFont.lfHeight = 14; logFont.lfWeight = FW_REGULAR; logFont.lfPitchAndFamily = VARIABLE_PITCH | FF_SWISS; lstrcpy(logFont.lfFaceName, "Arial"); if (!font.CreateFontIndirect(&logFont)) AfxMessageBox("Could not create font..."); return TRUE; } What i am asking is what is the default face name for s...

Controlling an ActiveX Spin Button
Hello, I am using a spin button (Forms toolbar) to control the value of a single decision variable (cell) in my spreadsheet. Unfortunately, the incremental change allowed by the UserForms spin button is integer and >=1. Ideally, I would like the change to be 0.1 but I understand this requires VBA programming knowledge which, unfortunately, I don't have! Can anyone help me get round this? Thanks in advance, Dennis Maybe you could use a linked cell and a formula that refers to that linked cell: =a1/10 and then use that cell in further calculations/displays. d.stephanou@gmail.com...