It is a question about the Visual C++ 6.0 Enter(or Pro)

Hello.

Environment : Visual C++ 6.0 Enter versions

When I add approximately 1,500 sources to one DLL and build.
vc60.idb becomes around 35MB, and the following errors are displayed, and
build stops.

\x1.cpp(19) fatal error C1073: Internal error involving incremental
compilation(compiler file 'main.c', line 629)
\x1.cpp(23) fatal error C1073: Internal error involving incremental
compilation(compiler file 'main.c', line 629)

When I delete vc60.idb,
An error is not displayed, and build is performed till the last.

Thanks,

0
teratera (7)
10/7/2008 8:06:01 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Environment : Visual C++ 6.0 Enter versions
>
> When I add approximately 1,500 sources to one DLL and build.
> vc60.idb becomes around 35MB, and the following errors are displayed, and
> build stops.
>
> \x1.cpp(19) fatal error C1073: Internal error involving incremental
> compilation(compiler file 'main.c', line 629)
> \x1.cpp(23) fatal error C1073: Internal error involving incremental
> compilation(compiler file 'main.c', line 629)
>
> When I delete vc60.idb,
> An error is not displayed, and build is performed till the last.

So, it seems that deleting the .idb file solved your problem, correct?

Do you have the latest service pack available for VC6, i.e. the Service Pack
6 for VC6?
I don't know if it could help preventing the problem.

Giovanni

Hello.

>So, it seems that deleting the .idb file solved your problem, correct?

I become troublesome in order that manual labor occurs.
At the phase that built 1450 sources, the program becomes the build error
I delete ".idb-file" by manual labor
I build again.

Is not there the good method to automate?

>Do you have the latest service pack available for VC6, i.e. the Service Pack 6 for VC6?
I installed a service pack.
The situation is not improved.

>I don't know if it could help preventing the problem.
Besides, do not you know a good method?

Thanks,

0
teratera (7)
10/7/2008 9:40:10 AM
On 7 oct, 11:40, teratera <terat...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> >So, it seems that deleting the .idb file solved your problem, correct?
>
> I become troublesome in order that manual labor occurs.
> At the phase that built 1450 sources, the program becomes the build error
> I delete ".idb-file" by manual labor
> I build again.
>
> Is not there the good method to automate?
>
> >Do you have the latest service pack available for VC6, i.e. the Service Pack 6 for VC6?
>
> I installed a service pack.
> The situation is not improved.
>
> >I don't know if it could help preventing the problem.
>
> Besides, do not you know a good method?
>
> Thanks,

I think that the idb file is for incremental builds. Try removing or
setting to "No" the incremental link option in the project settings.
0
mikel.luri (90)
10/7/2008 10:12:57 AM
Hello.

Thank you for an answer.
However, I do not understand where I should set it.
Project -> setting -> link -> incremental link ???

Should I set it here?
I set it here, but was no use.
The idb files increase.

Thanks,

0
teratera (7)
10/8/2008 1:53:01 AM
On 8 oct, 03:53, teratera <terat...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Thank you for an answer.
> However, I do not understand where I should set it.
> Project -> setting -> link -> incremental link ???
>
> Should I set it here?
> I set it here, but was no use.
> The idb files increase.
>
> Thanks,

Yes, I meant that one. But it seems I was wrong. Find "enable minimal
rebuilds", or something similar, and set it to no. I don't have VC++ 6
so I don't really know where it is, but in VS2005 it is in project-
>Settings->C/C++->Code generation (my IDE is not in English, so maybe
those are not the exact words). See if that helps
0
mikel.luri (90)
10/8/2008 7:03:14 AM
Hello.

I was able to build by the following setting.
"Compatible pass, and C7" changes a debugging information

Thank you

0
teratera (7)

Moving Exchnage 5.5 from NT 4.0 to W2000 Server!!
This question is related to moving MS-Exchange from an NT 4.0 server to W2000 Server. I am planning to move our Exchange server from the Domain Controller (NT 4.0) to another W2000 server, which is a member of the same domain. The instructions that I found on the MS states that both servers must have the same netbios name. In our case, we need to maintain the Netbios name with the "old" server ane the new server targeted to house the Exchange 5.5, has a diff. name. Is there a way to do this? you advise is greatly appreciated Thank GHH - George See FAQ, App A at http://www.swinc.c...

XP Pro Group Policy
Hi, I have just noticed that for some reason I cannot turn on my firewall. It tells me it is controlled by Group Policy. I am the only one on this box and Admin and am now not sure what I did to allow this. Can I get some help please to turn the Firewall on. I have Anti Virus programs so maybe they are doing this? Thanks rock rock wrote: > I have just noticed that for some reason I cannot turn on my > firewall. > It tells me it is controlled by Group Policy. > > I am the only one on this box and Admin and am now not sure what I > did to allo...

Outlook Express 6.0 Win XP
How do I make a back-up of my messages on outlook express to burn on a CD ? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >How do I make a back-up of my messages on outlook express >to burn on a CD ? > >Thanks >. >try this site it helped me http://www.sitedeveloper.ws/tutorials/outlook.htm ...

Upgrade from 7.51 to 8.0
I'm looking to upgrade from 7.5 to 8.0. Is it required to upgrade to 7.76 1st prior to 8.0? thanks, Joe Joe, Are you talking about Great Plains for Windows? If so, there are no versions between 7.5 and 8.0. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5532CA27-A215-4BC1-B482-5D49FEA63ED3@microsoft.com... > I'm looking to upgrade from 7.5 to 8.0. Is it required to upgrade to 7.76 > 1st prior to 8.0? > thanks, > Joe Thanks Victoria. I thought there was. "Victoria [MVP]" w...

Portfolio in M05 question.
OK, I don't make a ton of money. At this point I can barely afford to contribute anything to my 401k. But I have a problem that I can't seem to figure out. I figure it is my inexperience with looking at portfolio information. When I log into the company website for my 401k it shows my account balance as total market value. Yet money shows a total market value less than my bank does. It also shows negative contributions. If you add those 2 together then you get the total balance and that matches the total market value that my bank gives me. So since in the account list money is ...

Security Question #2
I need to give someone access to a mailbox of a person that is no longer with our company but I need that person to only be able to read the mail in the mailbox and not be able to reply to any message, forward any message or delete them. Is this possible. As I look through the Security tab is looks like that would be just the read option but I want to make sure that I have the right setup. Please advise. Thanks, -- Joseph Grant Manager of IT On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:56:02 -0700, "jmg3564" <jmg3564@nospam.postalias> wrote: >I need to give someone access to a mailbox...

subform reference question
Hello - I use code like this in the after update event of cboFindCust, and the code works as expected on several of my forms. Dim strSrch As String strSrch = "custID = " & cboFindCust.Column(0) Me.RecordsetClone.FindFirst strSrch Me.Bookmark = Me.RecordsetClone.Bookmark Me!cboFindCust = Null My problem comes when cboFindCust is on a main form but the CustID records are on a subform. How do I change the syntax to find the matching record on the subform? Sarah wrote: >Hello - I use code like this in the after update event of cboFindCust, and >th...

File Transfer Wizard Question
Hello: Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but after reviewing several of the forum posts on the File tRansfer Wizard, I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet. Does the File Transfer Wizard move or copy data from source to target computer and is this option configurable? Thanks in advance, Bob -- Robert Lindholm University of Rochester http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb457074.aspx Robert Lindholm wrote: > Hello: > > Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but after reviewing several > of the forum posts on the File ...

COleControl question
Hello there: I have a control server class CMyControl : public COleControl { .... }; And a client of that control that is CMyClient. The client and server are connected using connection points (Advise/UnAdvise). In my CMyControl I don't want to have more than one Sinks of my events. Therefore on any new request for Advise, I want to a. Force UnAdvise of any previous connections to my _DMyControlEvents b. Accept the new Advise Has anyone attempted anything like these? Any suggestions. Please help. Thanks in advance Senthil ...

Microsoft Works 8.0
Microsoft Works 8.0 - new ! 18/Aug/2004 B32 Microsoft Works 8.0 for 16,000 more reasons, please send e-mail, astra35@freemail.gr, astra35@mail.gr, astra35@mailbox.gr, ...

why end stored procedures with RAISERROR statement (with error number = 0)?
Hi Everybody, A developer submitted T-SQL for a new stored procedure and I'm confused about the last line: CREATE PROCEDURE @SprocThatEndsWithRaiserror (@p1 int) AS BEGIN --numerous statements RAISERROR (@ErrorMsg, 0, 1) WITH NOWAIT END It's not part of any conditional statement, it's simply going to run at the end of the stored procedure. This procedure only gets called from another procedure, never directly from the app. The calling procedure executes this stored procedure and then checks the @ERROR value in this manner: EXEC @RetVal = MyDB.dbo.SprocTha...

Exchange 2007 Beta 2 question
Hi I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to create a new email life cycle policy, but the option to do this cannot be found. I right click on the mailbox icon in EMC under "organization" but the option is not listed. The only listed options are. Also the tab in ESM for this is not there New address list New managed custom folder new managed fodler mailbox policy new offline address list On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:58:02 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to...

Power Manager under Windows CE 6.00
Hi all, I have a question about the power manager settings under Windows CE 6.00 On my BSP, I have 2 serial ports. I have added power management support on the serial port driver. In the registry, I have put following settings: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\COM1] "DeviceArrayIndex"=dword:0 "IoBase"=dword:1000C000 ;UART3 Memory Map Address "IoLen"=dword:D4 "Prefix"="COM" "Dll"="mx27_serial.Dll" "Order"=dword:1 "Priority"=dword:0 "Index"=dword:1 ...

Dynamics-GP version 10 questions
Does anyone know if version GP version 10 will be web based? Will it be integrated with Active Directory so integrated login will work? Thanks David Based on the very brief glimpse I got of GP10 at yesterday's customer briefing in Portland and my conversation with Koi (member of the sales team): GP 10 will be modeled along the new version of Office with ribbons, etc. The design goal bing to put links to daily tasks within easy reach of the user. GP 10 will not be active directory enabled since a lot of their customers do not yet run active directory. (I begged, bribed, pleaded...

Chart Question #5
I have 5 points (labeled 1 thru 5) that are randomly generated each with an x,y coordinates. I want to plot them on a scatter diagram and then ID each point by its label not its coordinates. Can somebody help. Hi, Download the free add in at http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm this is designed just for this purpose. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Xl2007" wrote: > I have 5 points (labeled 1 thru 5) that are randomly generated each with an > x,y coordinates. I want to plot them on a scatter diagram and then ID each > point by its label not its coordinat...

Strange behavior of the Task Bar in XP Pro
Hi. Have XP Pro SP3, AMD 3200 proc, large disk, 1 gig RAM. Plenty of horsepower. Applications running and called from the taskbar or systray are exhibiting some very odd behavior. I'm looking for a reg tweak perhaps....? Let's say I pull up some pictures in Windows Explorer. I double click on one, and the Windows Office Picture Manager launches. At the top there's a button used for calling for a print. This launches the Photo Printing Wizard (PPW). The cursor is laying on "Next". Fine. If I mouse away and out of the PPW frame, the frame looses focus and dis...

Dialog
Hello, I have a dialog (*.rc) and I want to add a field that will be behind an existing field. When you add a new item to the dialog, automatically it appears on the front. Is it possible to bring items that were created before to the front? Thank a lot, Liat It can be a bit messy until you get the hang of it, but you change it with the tab order, which you can invoke by pressing <Ctrl>+D -- Bjarne Nielsen "Liat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:096801c3c483$ca6da8d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have a dialog (*.rc)...

Array Question
What are the differences between an array created using the following method my_array = Array(100, 200, 300) and an array created as follows? my_array(0) = 100 my_array(1) = 200 my_array(2) = 300 I've noticed that the "Filter" function does not work with the array created by the last construction...TIA, Ron The first is a variable holding an array and the second is the array. "ron" <oitbso@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:de4432ad-8f01-4b80-ae28-a8ba33193257@z41g2000yqz.googlegroups.com... > What are the differences b...

simple question about CString
Hello! If I have a method foo that return a value of type CString and then assign the value to myLPSTR which is of type LPSTR see below do I then have to free this myLPSTR or will it just go out of scope. LPSTR myLPSTR; myLPSTR = foo(some parameters here); //Tony "Tony Johansson" <t.johansson@logica.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:OS%23HeD$TJHA.588@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello! > > If I have a method foo that return a value of type CString > and then assign the value to myLPSTR which is of type LPSTR see below do I > then have to > free thi...

Outlook 2003 mail question
Hi! I have Office 2003 and when I receive mail with a link, it opens up My Documents and the box says "Locate Link Browser". The link I want also opens, but how do I get rid of My Documents? Thanks so much! Point it to IEXPLORE.EXE -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Terri" <phiter@mail.com> wrote in message news:eR8j6zdvEHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi! > I have Office 2003 and when I receive mail with a link,...

Data Migration Manager for CRM 4.0
I have just successfully installed CRM 4.0 and life is good. My next mission was to install the data migration manager and attempt my first data migration from another system. I was able to get the tool installed, but immediately ran into the error: The Data Migration Manager encountered an error while setting up the temporary migration database. After reading the readme file, I deleted the UserReplicationID from the registry as it advised. I restarted the Data Migration Manager and still get the same message. Does anyone have any insight into what other factors might contribute to ...

CRM 4.0 Increment By
Can someone please explain the use of "Increment By" when setting Dynamic Values in Workflow? Can't find anything in the documentation... Thanks! Increment By increments the current value of a numerical attribute (number, decimal, money, etc.) in an Update Step by either a static or dynamic (based on the value of an attribute) value. As an example, suppose you wanted to increment the Estimated Revenue of an Opportunity using Workflow. These are the steps to follow: 1. Create a Workflow for Opportunity 2. Add an Update Step 3. Select Estimated Revenue 4. Select "Increm...

Missing Emails #6
I personaly saw this happen. let me start by telling you about the setup... Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003 all updates on xp pro sp2 all updates. Ok , one of my outlook users stopped getting email for two days. when I checked it out everything looked fine. I told him to send me an email to my outside account. which I recieved and replied to, here is where it gets strange. I verified he recieved the mail in Outlook Web Access. But he never got it in Outlook. so I logged back in and it was gone.I suspect it is in the same palce as his previous two days mail but I cannot find it. This has me ver...

change language English to Spanish POS 2009 or RMS 2.0
Please let me know if you can change the language from English to Spanish 2009 or RMS POS 2.0, and also where I can download the SDK. thank you very much. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A0_01CAFE6B.5CCEC150 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rey, Check with your reseller for both. I think that ScanSource (they don't = sell to the public) sells a Spanish conversion for RMS, I know that = Retail Realm does www.retailrealm.co.uk. =20 I have not heard of a conversion for ...

Entering non-existing items
Hi there, In a GP10.0 SP3, SOP transactions are allowing entering items no already created in Inventory/cards. In other words the system is not verifying whether do items exist or not in inventory at entry time in SOP docs. How to make the system only allows previously created items ? Thank you guys -- Gilberto Villegas GP Business Solutions partner I believe this depends on your setup. you will want to try going to Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> Sales >> Sales Order Processing >> Options button and then unmark the &quo...