Is there a way to set default font in all child controls?

Hello

The SDI application with splitter window - two views inside.
Each view has a number of child controls created dynamically.

Any control (like CEdit, CButton, etc.) created by .Create method has a
standard (ugly) font.
I know I can obtain default GUI font and assign it to each control but I
don't want to do it manually each time I create a control.

Is there a way to force each child control to obtain font from its
parent (without subclussing of course).

si
0
nomail7908 (15)
10/6/2005 9:43:58 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>Any control (like CEdit, CButton, etc.) created by .Create method has a
>standard (ugly) font.
>I know I can obtain default GUI font and assign it to each control but I
>don't want to do it manually each time I create a control.
>
>Is there a way to force each child control to obtain font from its
>parent (without subclussing of course).

No.

You've got to write some code even if it's only the code to create the
font and call SendMessageToDescendants as shown in the documentation
of CWnd::SendMessageToDescendants.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0

I need date format to be set up as month/year.
I need date format to be set up as month/year ie 05/10 for may 2010. I have tried everything and cant seem to figure this one out? Format cells. On the number tab, select the custom category, and enter mm/yy in the textbox. HTH. --Bruce "Aaron" wrote: > I need date format to be set up as month/year ie 05/10 for may 2010. I have > tried everything and cant seem to figure this one out? Thats worked - Thanks for that. "bpeltzer" wrote: > Format cells. On the number tab, select the custom category, and enter mm/yy > in the textbox. > HTH. --Bruce...

OWA authentication default domain
I'm running Exchange 2003 OWA. The exchange server is sitting behind a firewall, we are port forwarding web traffic to the exchange server. Users are getting asked for username/password, but are getting rejected when they do no enter the domain before the username (e.g. DOMAIN\username. I've set the default domain within IIS (using ESM), and we are NOT USING FORMS-BASED AUTHENTICATION. any ideas? thanks Andrew. Are you using a sigle server configuration or front-end/back-end? What kinds of authentication methods are enabled on the Exchange virtual dir? -- Blog "subject: exc...

Child window styles
Hi there, i'll cut to the chase, i'm trying to change the style of child windows in my application so that they are independant of the windows setting so that my client area containing multiple child windows always has the same look an feel. Can anyone give me any pointers on where to look or start with this ? Regards Matt. Mif wrote: > Hi there, i'll cut to the chase, i'm trying to change the style of > child windows in my application so that they are independant of the > windows setting so that my client area containing multiple child > windows always has the...

An easier way to log on?
After working offline in the Outlook 2000 program, what's the easiest way to go online? Right now I'm closing the whole program and then re-opening it to get the logon dialogue. Uncheck File-> Work Off Line -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Susan" <donotspamme@spamnot.com> wrote in message news:eTONoY8QEHA.2572@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > After working offline in the Outlook 2000 program, what's the easiest way > to > go online?...

Ol 2000 email settings
If I configured my outlook 2000 using co-operate or workgroup mail service, with 1 exchange mail account and 2 pop email account from external email service ( like attglobal email etc ). Am I allow to select from which email account I can send from? how to if is yes? Thanks for advice. OL2000 ...

How to set Recipient Limits option under Message Delivery for certain users
Dear All, Quick Question: under Global Settings --> Message Delivery , under the properites of Message Delivery there is an option called "Recipient Limits" which will limit the number of recipients per single email, the defaul number is 5000 recipient per single email. now, if i applied this settings and i mentioned 30 recipients, these settings will be applied to all the users under my exchange server, becasue it is under the Global Settings of Exchange. Now, how can i exclude some VIP users from such settings ? i don't want this Global Settings for recipient limits...

HELP: Excel userform version control issue
Hi All, I have an excel userform that is posted on my companys intranet. The issue I am having is, users are saving this form to their hard drive and then using it(Instead of launching it everytime from intranet), SO basically when I have a new version of form on intranet they still use the old version as they have a habbit of saving it on their hard drive. Is there a way to resove this? something like they would see a popup message saying that "This is an older version that you are using, Please launch the form from Intranet for newer version". Thanks in advan...

Basic--How do I make dates look a certain way in a cell?
Here's what I'd like to do: I'd like to type 41507 in a cell, and have it display as "4/15/07" or "04/17/07". Instead, it pops up some crazy date like 7/31/85. I've figured out why this is (the number indicates which day since January 1, 1900, and inserts that date). But I can't figure out if it is possible to do what I want. Is there a technique for typing in a date without slash marks or periods, and have these appear in the cell automatically? Thanks for any help you can give. ddc This will *look* like the date you want to display, but it ce...

Splitting a database
Hi, I have broken my database into several stages. I have implemented the first stage and this is simply the database (with basic features) on a central computer and a shortcut added to each user's computer. I know this is quite risky but at this stage only one person is cupturing and editing the data and the rest is viewing information and printing reports. I am still building on new features of the database and this would include adding more fields to some tables. 1 - Could i now split my database and give each user a FE, given the fact that i will still be adding and removin...

Changing Default Page Size?
I was messing with some of the blank publications in Publisher 2003 and decided to exit out. When I started with a 'new' publication, the default size had changed from 8.5x11 to something like 8.25x15. Is there any way I can change it back, reset the defaults or something so that full page is back to 8.5x11? Before anyone else suggests, yes, I've tried the Custom Setting but it has to be set each time I start up Publisher. Thanks in advance! Errol Griffinwulf wrote: > I was messing with some of the blank publications in > Publisher 2003 and decided to exit out. When ...

Delegate control question
Hi all I have delegated full control to an OU to a user, so that the user is able to create contacts in the OU. On the users workstation i hhave installed ESM, and i have even given this user the "exchange admin view only" right's. When the user loads ADUC on there machine, they are able to create the contact, but when they try to create the email address for the contact, we get an error, something about the exchange system attendant not running. Also when looking at ESM on the users machine the inforamtion store is not mounted, but it the store is mounted, because when ...

How do I set up inches per Minute/Second in Excel
I need to know how to take a known inch per Minute and divide by a known measurement and displayed as minutes and seconds. The answer of the equation (minutes and seconds) is where I'm having trouble. Actually, you need to divide your measured length by the known rate (inches per minute). This gives you the number of minutes, but to display using m:ss format you need to divide by 1440, the number of minutes per day (since Excel counts time as the fraction of a day). So put your measurement in A2, your rate in B2, and this formula into C2: =A2/B2/1440 Then format C2 using a custom...

Insert GIF animated to RichEdit control....Could You Help Me Please
I have a problem on inserting a GIF to richedit, the problem is not viewing it, but it is playing it at richedit. I have a class that can play GIF animation, and I have converted it to an activeX, if I could pass this object to richedit control, and there I call its method so it can animated, do you have any suggestions on this. I wonder how MSN 6.0 plays EmotIcons. if you have other solutions, please help me on it. ...

On dual-monitor sysytems, base child windows on parent window loca
I am using a dual monitor system. I have the MS CRM window on my secondary monitor, while working with our product on the primary monitor. Every time MS CRM spawns a child window (such as a new KB article or e-mail), that window gets created in the center of the primary monitor, on top of the work I need to see. So every time, I have to drag the window back over to the other monitor. (For people with dexterity/RSI issues, this is really irritating.) Please consider drawing new windows relative to the coordinates of existing windows. Or, in plain language, keep all the CRM windows in t...

OT free fonts
Came across this part of the Microsoft site -- a link to free fonts and more. Explore! Have fun! http://www.microsoft.com/typography/links/links.aspx?type=free&part=1 -- Hugs, Erika Erika wrote: || Came across this part of the Microsoft site -- a link to free fonts || and more. Explore! Have fun! || || http://www.microsoft.com/typography/links/links.aspx?type=free&part=1 Thanks Erika! -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Automatically setting User account and exchange server
Hi All, How would I go about setting up possibly a login script that can automatically set up users account name and exchange server. I haven't really come accross what I'm after yet and was hopeing someone here would have an answer. Basically when a new user or a user with an outbox already; logs onto a different (or there first) machine that when they open outlook 2003 they have the settings for the server hosting exchange and thier user name automatically entered so that they don't need to contact us to have it sorted out. Thanks! Microsoft uses text files with a .prf exten...

save as
After confirming name of file.... Instead of actually saving, need to bring up the save as prompt so that user can determine file saving location. Or automatically default save to location the original file is located in. Sub SaveFile() Dim FileName1 As String Dim vbAns As Long Sheets("Apples").Select FileName1 = Range("G3").Value vbAns = MsgBox("Do you want to save as:" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & FileName1, _ vbYesNoCancel + vbInformation, "Save File") If vbAns = vbYes Then ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName1 End If End S...

font does not show up in print preview
When opening a excel doc that I recieved via e-mail the all the wording in the doc shows ok unless I try print or print preview. Then there is nothing showing in those fields. I can set a fotn to the entire document then it is ok. ...

how do i set up a repeating meeting in outlook
nassruddeen, open your Outlook 2003 Calendar, pull down the Actions menu, and select New Recurring Meeting. Set up the recurrence (daily/weekly/monthly/whatever) in the dialog box that appears, then click OK and fill in the rest of the details on the meeting request screen. You can turn any meeting request into a recurring meeting by opening the meeting request and selecting Recurrence from the Actions menu (or by clicking the Recurrence button on the toolbar). Again, this is in Outlook 2003. Procedure is similar in other versions. Hope this helps. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft O...

Auto Lease Set Up #2
Is there any effective way to set up and Automobile Lease, have it show on the Car Page since it really is not an asset, or should I just use a generic category/subcategory Automobile:Lease Payment whereby it will appear under Vehicle Expenses for the year? Unfortunately, this skews things a little for me since we have 2 car payments (1 regular loan/1 lease) and Lease Payments then show up under Vehicle Expenses for the Year but Car Payments do not since I have a loan set up. Any thoughts appreciated! Tony ...

GD&T FONTS
Does anyone know how I can obtain these to use in an excel spread sheet? Found a few pay sites... Thanks There are some available. Select GDT font and then use ALT & 033 thru 0132. Most of the stuff is from 096-0122. Granted, there's not much to chose from, but it may be what you need. I dont have the GDT font in my pull down. Is this an update that I need? Thx, Steve "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: > There are some available. Select GDT font and then use ALT > & 033 thru 0132. Most of the stuff is from 096-0122. > Granted, there's no...

Multi-lingual default fonts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I understand how to set the default font on Normal Template for roman characters (English), but how do I set the default font for traditional Chinese characters. I toggle between the two languages in my document. Microsoft Word does not really have what we would consider as a "default" font. It does have a default font for the Normal style, which is replicated to many other styles in a default document. But what you really need is the ability to set a default font, and Word doesn't have such a concept, let alo...

an easy way..to earn...in a momemt,
Dear all, I recently joined AGLOCO because of a friend recommended it to me. I am now promoting it to you because I like the idea and I want you to share in what I think will be an exciting new Internet concept. AGLOCO's story is simple: Do you realize how valuable you are? Advertisers, search providers and online retailers are paying billions to reach you while you surf. How much of that money are you making? NONE! AGLOCO thinks you deserve a piece of the action. AGLOCO collects money from those companies on behalf of its members. (For example, Google currently pays AOL 10 cent...

control list
I am not able to see my control list (by mistake i have press the del button) so that i can add control in my dialog box,What option should i use to display it again. Thanks > I am not able to see my control list (by mistake i have press the del > button) so that i can add control in my dialog box,What option should i > use to display it again. In VS2005, its ToolBar under View menu or hit Ctrl+Alt+X (unless you have remapped this sequence). --- Ajay Your message is kinda confusing. Are you missing a control from your dialog box or are you missing a control from the Toolbox? Al...

Changing default worksheet tab fonts
Is there a way to change the default font for a worksheet tab? That is, let's say that for some reason I wanted to use 8 point Verdana as opposed to whatever the default is. How would I go about changing that? Alternatively: is there a way to increase the number of characters allowed in a worksheet tab name? You cannot change the font of the tabs alone. 30 characters per tab is the limit. You can change the size of the tabs. This is a function of your Windows Display Properties. The size of the sheet tabs are governed by the setting for Scrollbars in Windows Display Appearance. ...