Is there a message map I can look up what message is?

hi,

When I am debugging my vc app, I got several messages, I know the message
value, but I don't know what the message is. Is there a table in MSDN or I
must check the .h file?

Thanks
0
Nicky (56)
9/23/2004 2:05:03 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Oh, most messages are defined in WinUser.h. But if there is a table, it will
be more nice.

"Nicky" wrote:

> hi,
>
> When I am debugging my vc app, I got several messages, I know the message
> value, but I don't know what the message is. Is there a table in MSDN or I
> must check the .h file?
>
> Thanks
0
Nicky (56)
9/23/2004 2:37:13 PM
    Just type the "message number,wm" in the watch window. For example

        1,wm        should show you WM_CREATE

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

"Nicky" <Nicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> When I am debugging my vc app, I got several messages, I know the message
> value, but I don't know what the message is. Is there a table in MSDN or I
> must check the .h file?
>
> Thanks

0
CheckAbdoul

created new list, disabled default columns, can't modify
Hi, I created a new list using the tasks template. I've created my own columns and disabled the default ones. Just found out that doing this, I cannot modify anything. Normally, when going into a list, you can click on the default column (title I think) to modify or to get into the information that's there for modifications but because I am only using customized columns, I can't modify anything even though I have full control so it's not a permission issue. Normally what I do is to rename the default "title" list to something else I use and people are...

Can Excel automaticly help me
I have following problem. I have created my own worksheet. I use it for controlling work progress and deadlines on different projects. My question is: can i program Excel to automaticly give me a notice when the date for an deadline approces. Kim, There is more than 1 way but a solution most favoured is to change the colour of a cell using conditional formating as the date in that cell approaches. Try this:- Select the cell with your due date in (A1 in this case) and then Format|Conditional format Select formula is and paste this in =TODAY()-A1<=5 Select a colour (say red) and cli...

Can I automatically enter the current date or current time into a
Hello everyone and thanks again to the kind people who, for some reason, take the time to help me through this website. As indicated in my subject line, it seems to me that there should be an easy way to do this. Thank you- Ben Hi Ben Your subject line was truncated. I am assuming you wanted date? =today() will give you the current date. HTH "Ben" wrote: > Hello everyone and thanks again to the kind people who, for some reason, take > the time to help me through this website. > As indicated in my subject line, it seems to me that there should be an easy > way to do...

Map option
Hi I'm running office 2000 under win 98 I am trying to use the Map options in Excel I installed the Icon on the toolbar But when I try to use it it says that MAP is not installed So I use my CDs and try to add the option Then it says that the map option is installed during first installation Neverless i do a repair just to be safe But no result, still the same message So then I do a full re-install But the results are still the same As anybody got a clue of what is happening By the way I am using a fully official registred version so there is not something missing on the CDs Thanks...

New messages not visible
Hi all, I have a strange problem this morning. I have just set up maybe our 10th user with Outlook 2007 (on Windows XP.) She has a unique problem in that when new messages arrives, it dings and shows an icon in the system tray all correctly, but new messages won't display in the Inbox unless she clicks another folder and goes back to the Inbox. I found one post that suggested disabling a Google Desktop add-in, but she doesn't appear to have that add-in installed. Any ideas? The only difference between her and other users that I can come up with is that she has Office 2007 Profess...

OWA Not show messages
Users messages and folders can display in OWA but when a user clicks on the message to read it they got an Internal 500 error. I am using Exchange 2000 SP3 on a Windows 2000 SP4 Box. Any ideas on what cause this? Thanks ...

Can a form's query use dbSeeChanges to get new autoincremented key?
When a form was bound to a jet table I could get the new autoincrement pkey value in the before insert event. Is there a way to do with with a slq server 2005 odbc linked tables? Something like the dbSeeChanges param that one can use with recordset inserts? No, you can't because of the case of an ODBC linked table to a SQL-Server, the new autoincremented value will be defined only after the creation of the new record. Access/JET seeds the new value before creating the record - so you can access it even if the record doesn't exist yet in the table - but SQL-Server doesn't w...

I am not able to send outgoing messages
I am recieving this message when i try to send an email: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'senders email'. Subject 'Re: Next week?', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smt...

messages in inbox dispeared after computer crashed
I really need some help on this. I was useing outlook express on widow2000. Because the notebooj battery is bad, when the power was accidently disconnected, the computer was shut down. After restart, all my emails for 2004 in Inbox disapeared! Does anyone know a wayu to restore these emails. Thanks. Johnny Johnny <huangr99@yahoo.com> wrote: > I really need some help on this. > I was useing outlook express on widow2000. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup and read http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ -- Brian Tillman ...

Can EXCEL list amounts that, when added, total to a specific value? How?
My task is to generate a list of all "6 value combinations" that total a collection of specific sums. Simple Example: All "2 value combinations" that, when added, =13 List: D701:D709, filled with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Solutions: 4&9, 5&8, 6&7 ( 9&4, 8&5, 7&6 would be considered duplicates for my task but I can deal with this manually if they can't be "programmed out" ). This would take care of one specific sum. Summary: If I have 10 specific sums for which to perform this, and must ...

E2K3: How can I modify folder permissions via script
Hello NG, how can I modify folder permissions of an Exchange2003 mailbox with windows Scripting Host or VB6 or whatever? I need such kind of script to add delegation for OWA 2003. I found an MS article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295558 Does anybody know, if I can use this for Exchange2003? Thanks Petra ...

Suddenly can't access my Money file
Suddenly, my Money file won't open. Tells me my password is wrong, but I know it isn't (tried all the usual checks re case, etc.). Any clues why this might be? Problem was concurrent with my installing Bit Defender antivirus program, which slowed down machine considerably (more memory on order...). Thanks in advance. <carolannedwyer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2b16d09b-9ff7-42b0-b6c3-b87e28080c95@l37g2000vba.googlegroups.com... > Suddenly, my Money file won't open. Tells me my password is wrong, but > I know it isn't (tried all the usual checks re case, e...

Can a workbook be prevented from being copied?
If I sell a workbook to someone, can it be protected so that they are the only one capable of using it on one computer, and not be able to pass it on to their friends or other users? In short no. Copying a workbook is just copying a file and that is controlled by the operating system. The XL file has no say in whether it gets copied or not. There is no foolproof way to restrict an XL file. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Nest Egg George" wrote: > If I sell a workbook to someone, can it be protected so that they are the > only one capable of using it on o...

how do I stop error message
each time I open any Ms doc I receive an error box saying office application version does not match Does this article help? Error message when you start a 2007 Office program on a computer that is running Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager: "Office application version does not match" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935569/ -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Christine" <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D6F5DEB-26B1-4801-B160-BA8B9A6B2312@microsoft.com... > each time I open any Ms doc I receive an error box saying office...

message rule for outgoing messages (sent items)
How can I set a message rule for all outgoing messages to be auto-copied to another folder? In other words, how can I have all messages in my "sent items" folder automatically copied (as they are entered) to another folder? I have MS Outlook Express 6. ...

Calculating shift patterns (Sorry can't be more specific)
I really hope that someone can help me. I'm at the end of my wits tryin to work this one out. I have a time sheet M T W T F S S (ETC for 3 months) PERSON A E E L M E O O PERSON B O O L M M E E E Shifts M Shifts L shifts O (Off) I want a formula that could help calculate how many people are on certain shift on each day. So, E shifts for M = 3, for instance, so that each time I add a shif it automatically calculates the number at the bottom. Also and I know this is cheeky...but does anyone know how I can tall how many L shifts someone does in month etc. To keep an automa...

how can we disable of primaryindex
Hello, In my church membership database that I am working on, I have the form similar to the MS Access database sample Address data base. It has tab control, for tab 1 is address and for tab 2 there we can see all the members of the household. I have a problem that on the tab 2, since the member table has the memberID primary key ( of course it is indexed) so in the tab 2 the presentation of the members record is sequenced by member, while what I want is sequence by Role ( from Role Table starting form Father, Mother, .....) My question is how can i make it in the 2nd tab sequenced by...

Looking for Keyboard shortcuts
Specifically, I'm looking for the "repeat last command" keyboard shortcut that Word has. Does Publisher have something similar? No... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ShareHope" <ShareHope@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:299F3A4F-5474-4AB5-8E69-76F267D68F3A@microsoft.com... > Specifically, I'm looking for the "repeat last command" keyboard shortcut > that Word has. Does Publisher have something similar? ...

Can a chart reference the local page
I have a weekly page of data, with charts on that page that reference that data. Each week I copy the page and rename it for the new week, but the charts (and pivot table) keep pointing back to the old week. How can I set up the charts to reference the data on the same page as the chart? Copy the whole sheet, with the embedded chart on it. Copy the new data, and paste it in place in the copied sheet. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Mike H" <MikeH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Outlook 2000 -can not send out email
I can receive emails into my Outlook but I can not send out emails...it always gets returned. I am wondering what the outgoing mail (SMTP) setting should be; currently it is 25 while the incoming is 110. Also, under the servers portion it reads the same for me....pop3 is mail.(server name).com and this is the same for the SMTP mail.(server name).com ? What should I do? Check with your ISP to see if you need to authenticate to the outgoing mail server....a lot of companies require that to prevent spam. The port settings you mention are normal, unless the ISP requires something else. S...

Can't Print Frequent Flyer Programs
Greetings, Money 2006 Standard Edition (for Canada) doesn't support balancing reward programs, so I am trying to balance it manually; however, it also seems that it doesn't support printing these accounts either. I have an Airmiles.ca account. Is there any way to print the transactions? Thanks, Shane. Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 ...

Can't upgrade from Money 99 to Money 2006
I can't get Money 2006 Deluxe to read Money 99. Complains the file is corrupt, try to repair and it claims there is a database error... I tried microsoft's lame workaround ( Export 15 years of financial data (30+ accounts) one at a time from 99 and import them into 2006. Of course you can't export loan's, so the accounts with loan payments do'nt improt correctly... Any idea's Steve My idea is this: see if you can find an intermediate version, say M02, and see if it can upgrade your file. Then try to upgrade it to M06. Most users are able to upgrade data f...

can't right-click
I can't right click in Microsoft Excel 2000. Even create new documents or restart pc. Please Help!!! Hello Stan Simply try: Tools>Customize>Tool bars tab then click Reset button and OK If still not available: Paste and run the code below into a new module of a blank workbook Sub ResetCbs() For Each cb In Application.CommandBars If cb.BuiltIn Then cb.Reset Next cb End Sub HTH Cordially Pascal "Stan" <Stan@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 9839F5BB-30F8-4180-B6F7-BFAC323477A0@microsoft.com... >I can't right click in Microsoft Excel ...

Can't delete category
When I try to delete a category, which has a subcategory, and a subcategory of the subcategory, I get the following error msg: "when you delete a category or classification class, all of the subcategories or subclasses are also deleted. You may want to make sure you don't need the subcategories or subclasses before deleting them" However, gives me the same message when I try to delete the subcategory. If I try a move and delete, Money abruptly closes. How do I delete this category? thanks ...

Can't Open Links in Email
In Outlook 2003, I can't click on any links in my email messages. I just get an error message saying, "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." This is my home computer, I am it's system administrator. Does anyone know how to fix this? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<21af01c3bec6$5690ad30$7d02280a@phx.gbl>... > In Outlook 2003, I can't click on any links in my email > messages. I just get an error message saying, "This > op...