Is MFC going to be discontinued by Microsoft ?

0
jjl2210 (1)
12/31/2003 6:37:03 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

AFAIK, NO.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Jack Li" <jjl@easylifefurniture.com> wrote in message

0
ajaykalra (6842)
12/31/2003 8:17:49 PM
I was wondering when someone was going to ask this question today.

"Jack Li" <jjl@easylifefurniture.com> wrote in message

0
trevor8021 (184)
12/31/2003 10:01:09 PM
lol...

0
spamsucks (94)
12/31/2003 10:23:36 PM
I have been tricked.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Trevor" <trevor@nospam.com> wrote in message
| I was wondering when someone was going to ask this question today.
|
| "Jack Li" <jjl@easylifefurniture.com> wrote in message

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Links not working/opening from Microsoft Office 2007
I had been using Microsoft Outlook without any problems until one day Links would not open from my emails in Outlook. Microsoft automatically installs updates however I have no recollection of requesting this 'service'. It seems that every time a new update is installed, I experience yet another set of problems/errors. I am running Vista OS. When I click on a link, the message I receive is: 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.' I tried installing Microsoft Fix it hop...

MFC Sockets and VISTA Beta2
Dear Newsgroup, I've got the problem, that CSocket::Create gets the error 0000273F (german error text: "Es wurde eine Adresse verwendet, die mit dem angeforderten Protokoll nicht kompatibel ist.") if the program uses MFC DLL in a shared library with Vista Beta2 (Build 5384). To reproduce the behaviour: - create MFC project (I've done it with VC6) - use MFC in a shared library (_AFXDLL defined!) - activate Windows Sockets Put the following code into a function: ----------------------------------------------------------------- CSocket *s = new CSocket (); if ( 0 ==...

Crystal
Hi All, Just in case you were not aware, there is a patch available for CRM 1.2 Crystal Reports to address this security issue. Microsoft Bulletin: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-017.mspx Business Objects page for patch: http://support.businessobjects.com/fix/hot/critical/ms_critical_updates.asp#02 Stephen ...

Watch this corrective update that came from Microsoft Corporation
--onkdsuysvvng Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bfbhdbklwehwbiu"; type="multipart/alternative" --bfbhdbklwehwbiu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ampkwllbdcvecaddz" --ampkwllbdcvecaddz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install n...

Excel contact list-going from one row to mult. columns
I have been tasked with putting together a list of a company's distributor using their website. I run a regional search on their website and come up with results, which I then paste into excel. Unfortunately, these all appear in Excel in rows, such as the following format: Smith's Leather 10 Main Street Anytown, USA 01776 Phone: 202-555-1000 Fax: 202-555-1001 Dealer Type: Retailer Brands: Coach, Gucci There is a space between each business's information. To further complicate things, the lengths of the entires vary, as some have email addresses, website URLs, and fas numbers, wh...

New Macbook Pro 2009 & Microsoft Conflicts
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just bought the new Macbook Pro 2009. With black key board. I installed my original Microsoft Office 2004. and now I cant seem to read any files before 2003 on my computer. I forward the documents to other people with a macbookpro 2008 (4, 1) and they can open no problem as I could on my mac book 2004. While on excel I am also experiencing the program shutting down in the middle and not saving things that I saved while adding info. I am at a loss. The reason I dont buy 2008 is because I work with point zero programing for work a lot...

CRM 3.0
Hi all, I have 1 client which is getting an error attempting to go offline. Below is the event logged in Windows Event viewer. The system in question is Vista SP2, CRM 3.0 V3C with Rollup 3, SQL 2005 express SP3, I have attempted to unselect ALL local data entries and attempted going offline and still i get the error. It appears it fails when it trys to sync 1108 appoinements to outlook, but checking the user account appoinements in CRM the user does not have this many. I have recreated the users profile, I have uninstalled SQL and CRM client but still get the same error. I am now st...

how to download microsoft publisher?
how do u download publisher from the web? and is it free? Microsoft Publisher is not free. You can buy it at http://shop.microsoft.com or even at http://www.bestbuy.com. It tends to be about $99 after mail in rebate. The latest version available is Publisher 2003, which requires Windows XP/2000/2003. HTH -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "del" <del@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D89A6766-95F5-44FD-A9BD-04F5E469275...

Microsoft Public Excel
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate;Wrestling;gosips;amazing pictuers;cookingrecipes;lifestyle; htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for beauty tips: http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: For Myspace.Com users visit: http://www.myspacepk.com/ To learn a language visit: http://www.codedcode.com/ To download world's best wallpapers for your computer visit: http://picture-gallery.dnspk.com/ Thanks ...

How to call an MFC function of a DLL in a COM component project?
Hello (Sorry if the question is simple I am a newbie.) I should develop a COM Component (an OCX file) using VC++ that accepts three parameters in a method and pass them to a MFC DLL function. I just have the signature of the MFC DLL function not the source code. How can I register and call the MFC function in my OCX function? What is the steps I should follow? I use MS Visual Studio 2005 in XP SP2. Thanks in advance Hamed "Hamed" <hamed@raymehr.com> wrote in message news:ODtx2qOsHHA.4860@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl > I should develop a COM Component (an OCX file) using ...

MFC under VS2010
I am about to finally *commit* product porting and new development under VS20xx. Currently have VS2005 and successfully recompiled all our projects and MFC applications. 139 of 150 projects in total where moved over. But we never felt good to release it as an update. About VS2010, we definitely going to upgrade to it, and I heard it is the "new VC6 (VS98)" - that excited me. I am not like going to waste time downloading the RC and go thru any hassles installing it. Can people with VS2010 now tell me about about their experiences and reality? Such as: I didn&...

VB Activex exe and MFC Client
Hi, We have a MFC application which instantiates a Visual Basic activex exe. The MFC app calls some methods of the activex exe right after launching it. And this works fine. The activex exe then raises some events which are received by the C++ app. This also works fine. But any activex method called after the events are raised do not work. It seems like the connection between both the apps ais broken. Placing a breakpoint int the MFC app and stepping over the function call to the active x method gives me a "Microsoft C++ exception (kernel32.dll) (no name) " message in the debug wi...

Microsoft CRM Outlook Addin
At some cliënts a problem occurs with the CRM Outlook Addin. After running fine a couple of days the Outlook Addin checkbox is disabled and cannot be enabled again. All CRM functionality is missing then in Outlook. After removing the addin and add it again CRM is working again. The cliënts have Win XP SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP1. Other cliënts with the same configuration are running fine all the time and don't have this problem. Is this a known problem and so is there a explanation for this? ------=_NextPart_0001_57C24CFC Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encodin...

Microsoft Word 2000
How do I insert a check mark "box" that I can toggle with a check mark? First you create the check box, then you must write a... ouch, ouch, stop hitting me Gary! "eric" <marvistaprop1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:095401c3816c$a055e260$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I insert a check mark "box" that I can toggle with > a check mark? :( "Rich Phan" <rphanNOSPAM@4hae.com> wrote in message news:%239XoakfgDHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > First you create the check box, then you must write a... ouch, ouch, stop > hitting me...

How to create a SLB GO TO for Receiving Transactions
I have created a new Receiving Transaction smarlist, which includes the gl distributions, but have been unsuccessful in creating a GO TO that opens the Receiving Transaction Inquiry Window. Can anyone help me? ...

Problem with Go Offline 11-11-04
I do not seem to be able to go offline. After I hit the button, the dialog box comes up and I just click OK. Then the Downloading status dialog box comes up with Initializing.... and then eventually (about 10-20 seconds) goes to SQL Server does not exist or access denied. I have no problems with CRM SFO 1.2 online. Any Ideas? I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times (Including cleaning the registry). Client: WinXP pro SP2, Outlook 2003 SP1, CRM 1.2 (all patches installed) Server: Win2k03, SQL Server 2000 SP3a, CRM 1.2 (all patches installed) Try this from a command p...

microsoft outlook #43
hello I have microsoft outlook on my computer and I have tried seeral times to set it up so I may use it, I work from home for a company in VA, and it would be helpful if I could get outlook set up, can you please give me exact steps on how to set it up thank you. joemily02 wrote: > hello I have microsoft outlook on my computer and I have tried seeral > times to set it up so I may use it, I work from home for a company in VA, > and it would be helpful if I could get outlook set up, can you please give > me exact steps on how to set it up thank you. you need to contact your IT...

MFC menu problem
I can't seem to disable or grey out my menu items. I have two menu items that I want to disable temporarily. I tried setting the properties enabled = false and greyed = true, but they still work like they always did and are not greyed out. How do I fix this? Do I need to do this in code? Z.K. pMenu->EnableMenuItem(index, MF_GRAYED ); should show it disabled. -Seetharam Z.K. wrote: > I can't seem to disable or grey out my menu items. I have two menu items > that I want to disable temporarily. I tried setting the properties enabled > = false and grey...

VC IDE 'go to definition' doesn't work
Hello and thanks for trying ti help, This problem has been driving me nuts, the 'go to definition' item in the context menu in .cpp files always says "symbol 'symbol' undefined". It will find something defined in MFC, but IT WONT FIND ANYTHING DEFINED IN MY PROJECT. Yes I have deleted the .clw file and have rebuilt and run, what else could be causing this problem??? I tried posting this in the vc.ide.general newsgroup a few weeks ago. Thanks, Ivan "Ivan Starr" <ivan@ivanstarr.com> wrote in message news:%23l3ANp9oDHA.2528@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.g...

including C compiler in MFC on Visual Studio .Net
The MFC application that I am working on generates a C code. My next task is to include a C compiler in the application which can compile the code being generated and also indicate any errors in the code to the user. I am using Visual Studio .net to develop the application.Which compiler shd I use and how will I be able to include it in the system? I tried using GCC but dint find a gd documentation on how to include it in VS ..Net. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks "Riya" <riya_singtel@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1142530690.212659.59470@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups....

CRM y Microsoft
Hola a todos, soy algo nuevo en esto.... por lo que me gustaria saber que productos ofrece Microsoft referente al CRM.... y si brinda el servicio de Demo o Trial... Gracias Espero sus respuestas... Saludos YAN hola Yan, No creo que Microsoft tiene un demo de CRM por gratis, pero si tiene un subscripcion de MSDN lo puedes obtener. Tambien va aqui: http://www.microsoft.com/businessSolutions/Customer%20Relationship%20Management/demos.mspx y puedes ver unos videos de como trabaja el CRM......... -Gary "Yan Cantuarias" <yccc25arrobaviabcp.com> wrote in message news:ORx...

How do I access Microsoft Security Options?
I am trying to access Avery labels. The download was supposed to add an incon to Word 2007 but did not despite frequent attempts. I am told to access Microsoft Security Options but this does not seem to be anywhere. Can anyone help? Thanks I have no idea what kind of a "download" this is, but if you are trying to access security settings, look in Office button | Word Options, Trust Center; click the Trust Center Settings button. Note the warning ("we recommend that you do not change these settings"). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "max tom...

Microsoft office purchasing question
My trial is coming to an end next week. I would like to purrchase the Office Suite that includes Outlook. I found a site on-line, www.firstpickstore.com. They offer Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus for $135.00 compared to purchasing from Microsoft at $329.95. How can this be? Is firstpickstore legit? Thanks, Scott scott m wrote: >My trial is coming to an end next week. I would like to purrchase the Office >Suite that includes Outlook. I found a site on-line, www.firstpickstore.com. >They offer >Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus for $135.00 compared...

determining mfc file dependencies
I have an old (mfc 4.2, built with msvc 6.0) activex application created with MFC. Can someone please tell me how I determine what file dependencies are necessary with this thing? I used to merely package it up without any mfc dlls......but, now I need to as whatever dlls this thing is dependent upon are not present in many newer systems! Thanks, Ike "Ike" <rxv@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:sHxKd.295$cl1.254@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... >I have an old (mfc 4.2, built with msvc 6.0) activex application created > with MFC. Can someone please tell me how I de...

RE: Microsoft Excel 2000
I have just experienced an interesting occurance. I have on my menu bar (where it says "File Edit View Insert...Help") the word "File" 3 times. I am not totally sure how it happened. The extra 2 just appeared one day. My question, for anyone out there, is how do you get rid of the other 2 "File"'s on the menu? Please e-mail me at krystofer@frankadamswf.com if you have a solution to my problem. Thank you. Krystofer, Try this: 1) right mouse click toolbar 2) customize 3) ensure that "standard is selected) and hit reset Hope that works. Best ...