is it possible to use non square icons in CListCtrl's imagelist

Hi,

I would like to know if it possible to associate rectangular icon to an
imagelist for a CListCtrl or is it mandatory to be square?
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"mosfet" <john.doe@anonymous.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if it possible to associate rectangular icon to an
> imagelist for a CListCtrl or is it mandatory to be square?

I don't know of any icons that aren't square! You can of course have a
transparent background on an icon, so the 'shape' of the image in the icon
can be anything.

"mosfet" <john.doe@anonymous.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if it possible to associate rectangular icon to an
> imagelist for a CListCtrl or is it mandatory to be square?

I've wondered this myself.  Is it possible to add rectanglar icons to the
listctrl's imagelist and just use them?

I've also had the request to increase the item height of a list control.
I'm wondering if the height of the icon in the imagelist could be increased
so that each row would be increased to accomodate the icon.

-- David

0
dc2983 (3206)
11/7/2007 1:05:39 PM
"mosfet" <john.doe@anonymous.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if it possible to associate rectangular icon to an
> imagelist for a CListCtrl or is it mandatory to be square?

Absolutely.  I have used rectangular icons in the shape of flags (like
country flags and state flags).

Sending HTML Email Programatically using Outlook 2002
The following code used to work fine in Outlook 2000, now with Outlook 2002 it doesn't. Now it leaves a BLANK body. Can anyone tell me why this no longer works? Also, we try the same thing with an RTF type file as the body (.body property), and it just puts junk in the body and does not interpret it as a RTF file. Thanks. Bob ***************************************************** oOutlook = CREATEOBJECT("outlook.application") oMail = oOutLook.CreateItem(0) WITH oMail oRecipient = .Recipients.Add("test@test.com") oRecipient.type = 1 .Subject = "THIS...

how can I use outlook in a Wifi Location?
I am a college student and this is my first laptop. I am excited to use my Outlook for my e-mail and its set up but I don't have internet access at home. I usually go to a WiFi location to upload my homework and check my e-mail. I can receive my messages in Outlook but not send unless I am at my parents house (using their wireless connection). I've tried setting everything up and asking questions in the help box but I'm not getting anywhere. Help! YOur post is unclear. What are you trying to do and from where? What version of Outlook are you using? What is your norm...

using nested OR
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP HE SP1 *Follow-up to: microsoft.public.excel* in cell A1, i have text string ABCcompany. in cell B1, the formula: =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("company",A1,1)+1)gives result: company i want to expand the formula to include "company" OR "firm" OR "corporation" OR "partnership" all nested in the 1 formula so that if any cells in column A contain any of the above words (not just "company") it will return the corresponding result. e.g. ABCfirm would return: firm ; ABCpartnership would return partnership, etc. tx!...

Memory & Resource leak while using Active X
Hai, I am using VC++ 6.0 and Nemega BoundChecker. I have added MS Flex Grid Active X control to a control. I got memory and resource leak while closing application. Any Solution please Thanks in Advance Thanks and Regards Gopalakrishnan.s It probably doesn't have anything to do with the grid control. Does your boundchecker give you any idea where the memory is allocated in your program, or just that there is a leak? Run it in debug mode in msdev, and see if it gives you a memory leak error on exit. Jase "Gopalakrishnan.S" <Gopalakrishnan.S@kshema.com> wrote in messa...

Normal.dot
I use outlook as my main e-mail programe, I also have 2 e-mail accounts and 3 different signatures. I use word 2003 to edit e-mail messages. This allows me to have a logo in the footer and switch between signatures easily! I also use a web based programme for work that opens word documents in RTF and this is where I have a problem. Because Outlook is using word I constantly get an error message when closing documents from the web based programme saying Normal.dot is in use. If I close outlook this does not happen. If I change outllook and don't use word to edit messages this does ...

Setting Color Schemes using VB
Hello, I am writing a macro to do some basic formatting of some documents, and I would like the macro to set the color scheme before it is done, and I cannot find what command or object governs this choice. I tried to get smart on Visio and record a macro while changing the color scheme, but the macro did not record any commands. So I am at a loss. Any help? Thanks. DNAphil ...

multiple users using single email address
Hi, I am new to Exchange, so forgive the possible silly question, but I cannot find the answer to my requirement. What I want to do is have a single email address which is picked up by several people, but these people can also reply and send to received emails. I am unsure of the best way to configure exchange and then the Outlook 2003 client, to allow this to take place without having to resort to 'Sending on behalf of', which is OK but not perfect. Am using SBS 2003 with Exchange and Outlook 2003. Many thanks in advance for any help. Mark Mark, You can sent up a Distri...

using find in 2 or 3 workbooks that are open
When I have 2 or 3 seperate excel file programs open. When I do a find it will only search that particular file. Is there a way to set it up so all excell files can be searched? Thanks Nothing built into excel lets you do this. I guess you could have a macro that searches each workbook (and each worksheet in each workbook???). Kind of like this: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim wkbk As Workbook Dim wks As Worksheet Dim FindWhat As String Dim FirstAddress As String Dim FoundCell As Range Dim resp As Long Dim myWindow As Window Dim isVisible As Boolean ...

Can I use the value of a field as predeterminate value of another.
I am making a table to know who is working in each surgery in a heath center. For each day, I have a field "owner" (of the surgery) and another "working" (the one that really works that day there). But the majority of the days, the "owner" is who works in his surgery, so I want to establish the value of "owner" as predeterminate value of "working" . Is it possible? Thank you Not directly in the tables. You could do this in a form by making the value of one text box the default value of another text box. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access M...

How to use Like and Or in Form.Filter VB Statement
This Works: Forms![Master Search].Form.Filter = "[GTPO] = Forms![Master Search]! Text63" FilterOn = True This Doesn't: Forms![Master Search].Form.Filter = "[GTPO] = Forms![Master Search]! Text63" Or "[Project Name] Like '*" & Forms![Master Search]!Text64 & "*'" FilterOn = True what is the correct syntax How many times are you going to ask the same question? I've already answered you: did that not work for you? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) <himmelrich@gmail.com...

discount 500 items using sql
Hi, I'd like to assign a discount scheme to all items in a particular category. There's a couple of thousand items so I will have to do this using SQL and altering the HQ database. I just want to check with you guys to see if there's anything I need to consider before doing this. I know that RMS may do a lot of things in the background that I may be unaware of so I don't want to screw things up. Here's what I plan on doing: write a query that finds all the items i need and updating the QuantityDiscountID to 10 (the number of the discount I want to change to). After this I...

How to use Ctrl+Enter in outlook?
I think it's useful but I don't know how to use it.Who will hlp me? "The useful information of outlook" <The useful information of outlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBDD662E-8F9B-4F53-B078-506AE4817A3F@microsoft.com... >I think it's useful but I don't know how to use it.Who will hlp me? > 1. Press and hold the Ctrl key. 2. Press and release the Enter key 3. Release the Ctrl key John --- avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 000775-6, 22/09/2007 Tested on: 9/22/2007 08:51:56 avast! - copyr...

Create an SMTP connector that uses authentication to 'smart host'
Let me just say this right out of the box; there's a lot of things in 2003 that seem to really suck compared to 2000. I just spent hours trying to delete all messages in the outbound smtp queue because there is no longer an option to just click on the 'queue' folder and select 'delete all', you have to go domain by domain searching for files and deleting them individually etc. LAME. I finally figured out a way to make them all end up in the same location so that if someone sends another 3 meg email to a thousand people, I can get them all in one shot, but I can't use it...

Use extract into a condition
I have a sumproduct formula with different conditions. One of them is picking up only the first 17 caracters of a cell. So LEFT(H10,17) =SUMPRODUCT(--(Details!$C$4:$C$151=Summary!G10),--(Details!$D$4:$D$151= LEFT(H10,17) ),--(Details!$E$4:$E$151=I10),Details!$F$4:$F$151) How do I put it on the formula? Thanks in advance Mosqui > =SUMPRODUCT(--(Details!$C$4:$C$151=Summary!G10),--(Details!$D$4:$D$151= > LEFT(H10,17) ),--(Details!$E$4:$E$151=I10),Details!$F$4:$F$151) Not sure what you're asking. Your formula is syntactically correct if yo...

Using names in a formula
Hi, I used Excel a lot some years ago and now need to use it again (Excel2000) and can't figure out how to do something that was really useful. The situation: 'Budget' worksheet has month names in the top row and account numbers in the left column. I have selected all cells and Created Names with TopRow and Left Column selected. 'Reports' worksheet has month names in the top row and account names in the left column, but not necessarily in the same relative position as in the Budget worksheet. A formula such as =May Bank_Charges (where May and Bank_Charges are names) ret...

Using a macro to make a list from Results
Hi, I have made a macro that runs another macro and copies the results to a new column thus creating a list. I want to make the macro run over a large number of cycles and create a large list without me having to type in the same command over and over. How can I do this? I have pasted the macro below: Sub Macro8() ' ' Macro8 Macro ' Macro recorded 2/06/2008 by deemo ' ' Application.Run "Iterate2" Range("B1").Select Selection.Copy Range("N8").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("F1").Select Selection.Copy Range("O8").Select Act...

X and Y axis
How do I create a graph that uses X, Y and Z axes? Hi, Excel does not, as standard, do 3 value dimension charts. Have a read of Tushar's page on 3d surface charts. http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/3d_surface/index.html You can fake a 3d plot using formula. Check out Fernando Cinquegrani's example. http://www.prodomosua.it/ppage02.html Or my own version. http://www.andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm Cheers Andy SS wrote: > How do I create a graph that uses X, Y and Z axes? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

how to use excel to creat an oncall schedule #2
i wantb to creat oncall schedule for doctors in a hospital. each 2 doctors would be on call for 12 hours a day. it can look like calendar and it should calculae how many days each one was oncall up to date. Let's say we have twelve worksheets in a workbook, one for each month. In each worksheet there would be one column for each doctor, doctor's name in the top row. Rows 2 thru 32 could correspond to the days of the month. Enter a 1 if the doctor was on-call that day. At the bottom of each worksheet in row 35 enter formula like: =SUM(A2:A32) and copy across. -- Gary''...

how to hide only horizontal scrollbar in CListCtrl
I need to hide only horizontal scrollbar of CListCtrl. Vertical scrollbar must be visible when lines are out of area. I have tried to play with myListCtrl->EnableScrollBar(SB_VERT , ESB_ENABLE_BOTH) but it does not help. In resource editor is "noscroll" but it hides both scrollbars. How to set that horizontal scrollbar will not be displayed ? Peter Try myListCtrl->ShowScrollBar(SB_HORZ, FALSE); But ScrollBar will be show automatically if you will navigate over invisible items using keyboard or mouse for example. ...

Quicken, Vista, and non Admin Users
Is there anyone out there that is running Quicken using Vista,as a non-admin user, and running Quicken without using "Run As" "administrator"? If so, can you offer any comments about how Quicken functions under those those conditions? Specifically: Are you aware of any problems that occur when you fail to "run as administrator" when you run Quicken? Any other observations that you believe are linked to Quicken running under Vista and not running as "THE" administrator? [Fot those who are not aware: "THE" administrator in Windows is n...

How to create a 2 columns and 2 lines graph with non-related value
Hi, I am trying to create a graph with 2 columns and 2 lines. I am able to get the 2 colums ($000 value) and one line easily ($000 value), however the 4th data series is completely out of range (it's a percentage value ranging between 8 and 10%). I can see the line completely flat on the bottom axis but would like to be able to move it up so it kind of "hangs over" the columns. Any ideas that do not involve complexed programming? Thanks, Double click on the line, and on the Axis tab of the Format Series dialog, select Secondary. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Exc...

can you use smileys in outlook mail?
I use Microsoft Outlook to access my email, as I have a couple of accounts. I use "smileys" when I use Yahoo Mail. Can I use "smileys" in Outlook? cathybug <cathybug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I use Microsoft Outlook to access my email, as I have a couple of accounts. I >use "smileys" when I use Yahoo Mail. Can I use "smileys" in Outlook? Of course. But to do so, your email has to be in HTML and you have to INSERT the smiley from a disc image. Wrong answer in so many ways. =20 To the OP, you can use Word as the message edito...

markup icons displaying
what are these black diamonds with question marks? How do I get rid of them? Sample: Dear Fellow MS�ers � It is with a heavy heart that I relay the passing of Linda Wejcman, former State Representative from our area. I�ll share information about services when I know more. Linda had a good, compassionate heart and was a Representative who consistently �fought the good fight.� She will be missed. thank you for your help! That looks like an incompatible font was used or a character set is missing. It looks like smartquotes (curly quotation marks) are being substituted by the...

Sending e-mail Newsletters using Access Database
What is the best way to e-mail a newsletter to customers whose e-mail addresses are located in an Access Database? Thanks, -- Mike Schumann "Mike Schumann" <mike-nospam@traditions-nospam.com> wrote in message news:OeSAXmneKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > What is the best way to e-mail a newsletter to customers whose e-mail > addresses are located in an Access Database? How about: http://www.datastrat.com/Code/MultipleEmail.txt -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com Bom ...

Linking to non-adjacent cells
I have 2 workbooks. In Column A of workbook Source, I have the number 1 through 20 starting in A1. In the second workbook, Summary, I wan to link to every third row in Source (for simplicity, these will b located starting in B1 going down). So in the end, Summary will loo like: B1=1, B2=4, B3=7, etc. I can do this manually for each cell but want to find a way that if manually link to a few of the cells and then copy down the formula, th rest will automatically be completed. When I remove the dollar sign from the linked cell's address and then copy down, I get a consisten but very we...