is DCOM error 0x00080012 (Not all the requested interfaces were available) not an error ?

Im checking the return value of a DCOM call by using the macro:
FAILED(HRESULT). One particular function call returns the error 0x00080012
(Not all the requested interfaces were available) if the DCOM service is
down.

Calling FAILED with this HRESULT returns false, meaning that it isnt an
error! I think it should be reported as an error as my program cannot call
ANY interfaaces beyond this point and crashes. The FAILED macro checks the
HR to see if it is negative and 0x00080012 is positive!?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Andy

0
A6686 (35)
4/26/2005 4:35:25 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow