is DCOM error 0x00080012 (Not all the requested interfaces were available) not an error ?

Im checking the return value of a DCOM call by using the macro:
FAILED(HRESULT). One particular function call returns the error 0x00080012
(Not all the requested interfaces were available) if the DCOM service is
down.

Calling FAILED with this HRESULT returns false, meaning that it isnt an
error! I think it should be reported as an error as my program cannot call
ANY interfaaces beyond this point and crashes. The FAILED macro checks the
HR to see if it is negative and 0x00080012 is positive!?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Andy

0
A6686 (35)
4/26/2005 4:35:25 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Error accessing static class member
I'm trying to access a static member of a class, and I get links errors. Follows a sample app which causes the error: // // configmgr.h // #pragma once class CConfigMgr { public: CConfigMgr(void); virtual ~CConfigMgr(void); static int s_iFileNum; public: static int GetFileNum(void); }; //int CConfigMgr::s_iFileNum = 21; // // configmgr.cpp // #include "StdAfx.h" #include "ConfigMgr.h" CConfigMgr::CConfigMgr(void){} CConfigMgr::~CConfigMgr(void){} int CConfigMgr::GetFileNum(void) { return s_iFileNum; } // // Ex04.cpp // include "stdafx.h&...

print error usb001
Frustrating! My new HP Laserjet 1000 works with all the other software I'm using, including Word, but not Excel 2002. I get the error 'Error writing to USB001 for the printer (hp Laserjet 1000); The parameter is incorrect. When I press OK it prints! Any ideas? Please? ...

Unknown Error
I have seen this issue before but cannot find the answer. I have run 1.3 with a Star TSP100 at two different stores for about 6 months. Now at one location I am receiving an "Unknown Error" message when I ring up customers...not every transaction but several times a day. At the other store--no problems. The only difference is the type of cash drawer. Anyone ever found a solution for this issue? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0451_01C70A44.DF648830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quot...

Error message
I use Microsoft Money 99. It has worked great for the past several years. I recently installed a wireless adapter in my computer. I'm not sure if that triggered something or what, but now I can't open my money program and I receive an error message: The ordinal 6883 could not be located in the dynamic link library MFC42.DLL. If you are reading this post, I would really appreciate some advice! I have been searching the internet for answers, but I haven't found something for this exact problem. This usually means that the DLL (mfc42.dll in this case) isn't the corre...

HTTP 400 ERROR
Hello, I am using Money 2007 (or is it 2008), anyway, all of a suuden I am receiving the following error when I log onto my brokerage account to download latest data: OFXHTTP400 I do not believe that I have changed any settings, Password and ID are correct, this is a new issue on two computers (Laptop and Desktop). I use the same password and ID when I log into the brokerage web site (although downloads for Money must come from within money). I don't know if this has anything to do with the issue but, I believe this problem started around the time I subscribed to Microsoft one c...

Error Installing Office 2007 Ultimate
I had Office Home & Student 2007 installed, but I need Access for one of my classes, do I purchased Office 2007 Ultimate from microsoft (Ultimate-steal promo). I also have Outlook 2007 (that I got from my college) installed seperately. I cannot get it to install. I tried to un-install Home & student 2007 thru Add & remove programs, but that failed, so I downloaded the "fix-it yourself" program to un-install it and that worked. Now when I try to install Ultimate, it says "Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 encountered an error during setup". It does not...

Outlook 2003 error: this is not a .pst file (it is) #2
Hello! A colleague sent me a dvd containing three pst files of important contacts, to be used in my outlook 2003. It uses unicode (not 97-2002 pst files) I am using windows xp. I have copied the files from the dvd, and removed the write protect option. I've tried to open the file using the file/open/outlook data file option using the file/import option creating a new pst file and trying to import the files into the new pst file created someone suggested changing the file type association from office data file to outlook file. Didn&#...

What is a file permission error when saving a document in Word 07
I am trying to save a word document I am working on and after I hit save I get the message "file permission error". What is this? and how do I fix it? Thankyou Hi jcs0730, Is the file on removable media (eg CD/DVD or a USB stick)? If so, that may be the cause of the problem. Alternatively, if you've accessed the file from a read-only location on a network, you could get such an error if you try to save your changes back to the same location. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "jcs0730" <jcs0730@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Weird problem with Publisher's listing of available printers
None of the installed physical printers will show up in Publisher 2003 on this lady's computer. They are installed in Windows and show up fine in other Office Programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.). However, when you go to print a document in Publisher, the only printers listed are the "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" and the "Lanfax Printer". None of the physical printers are listed! I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the printers. I also tried upgrading from Publisher XP to Publisher 2003, but the problem has persisted. I have googled this an...

outlook 2003 error 0x800CCC0F
After tring to send a return receipt I recieved the following error: Task 'Huskies - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 550 MAIL FROM is not allowed to be empty' Now my program is frozen and I can not send from this account. Anyone no what is wrong or what the fiz is? Todd, Did you fix your problem? I am having the same problem? I cannot send email, i can receive. ----- Todd VanDehey w...

Money 2004 Update Error
I am getting an error that says: Your last call encountered and error: (Date/Time) An unknown error has occurred. Please try the operation again. if the problem persists, reinstall Money from your original product disks. If I uninstall and then reinstall I am able to update once and then starting getting the error again. The rest of the program works fine it's just Money Updates that has problems. ...

Column/Row reference errors
I have a 4Mb spreadsheet within which the row and Column reference headings (eg. A,B,C and 1,2,3,etc...) have become 'strikethrough'. Any ideas? Has this sheet become corrupted? (Track Changes are not enabled. There are about 4000 rows of 10 column data. There are no formulas or conditional formats to speak of) This is the answer I posted to the same question a week ago. Check out Format>Style>Normal. Modify the Font to eliminate the strikethrough. Never got a follow-up so don't know if OP got fixed up or not. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:49:34 -0...

Error on Page 11-15-04
Hello, When I launch CRM and go to Service, Cases, New Case and click on Customer in the Customer Information section, I get error on page in the lower left hand corner of the window and nothing happens. All other fields with drop downs or lookup are working. Aummy Can you include what the text of the message says? What loss of functionality are you experiencing? Have you made any customizations or added any ISV solutions? Perhaps if you give me some more detail, I can help you solve your problem. "Aummy" wrote: > > Hello, > > When I launch CRM and go to...

How do I correct a link error inside received emails?
Almost every link I receive in emails results in a "general error" popup that says it's a bad link, but then the linked page loads in my browser. Any ideas about how I can get rid of this popup? ...

5.5 Knowledge Consitency errors
A mail looping issue was discovered due to an X400 connector that was put in at another site. The connector has been removed and the changes are now reflected in all servers but one at our site. When doing a knowledge consistency check in the Directory Synchronization for the one server it says it cannot update and make sure the directory knowledge consistency is valid. Does anyone have any ideas on what to try to ensure the DIR.EDB is alright and or what else to check to get this thing to get all the route changes and connector changes replicated to this server? Thanks in advanc...

Cannot delete Public Folder
Howdi, I know the answer to this question, i think, but just wanted to triple check. Basically, I had an exchange server go down (wasn't stable but usuable, just) due to hardware failure and the back ups on that server were corrupt as well. So in the small amount of time available I had to .pst all mailboxes (that was long) and recreate a new exchange box. However, I totally forgot to manage the Public Folders on that box. Now, obvioulsy, when i try and access those Puclic foldsers (in ExchAdmin or Outlook) I get 'the information store is not availbale' error. Is there a...

error setting PageWidth in c#
Trying to set page width in C# generates an error. I am using Publisher 2003. here is my sample code segment and the error received. What am I doing wrong? Publisher.Application App = new Publisher.Application(); Template = App.Open(@"test.pub", true, true, Publisher.PbSaveOptions.pbDoNotSaveChanges); Template.PageSetup.PageWidth = 11 * 8.5; System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. at Publisher.PageSetup.set_PageWidth(Object RetValue) at PublisherSample.Class1.Main(String[] args) in c:\publisher\class1.cs:line 62 The VB example in MSDS is as follows. What am I...

Error message........
After a re-organisation when ever I save my excel file it throws up the message that autopublish cannot find a web address and gives some addresses of a defunct location. I know why it is happening but do not know how to stop the error messages. ...

Outlook HTML Menu error
When trying to shutdown PC, get message "outlook HTML menu not responding". What do I need to do to prevent this from happening everytime I shut down? Thank you for any assistance. Is Outlook closed when you shutdown your PC? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _undersc...

Hyperlink Error
I am trying to link to a file on a network share. I have located the file i want and hve set it as the hyperlink (the address appears with backslashes i.e. c:\\mydocuments\main.html) but when i exit the "edit hyperlink" box and try to link to the file it gives me this error "Cannot link to the specified file". When i go to edit hyperlink to check it, the backslashes have been changed to forward slashes, i.e. c://mydocuments/main.html). Does anyone know how to stop the backslashes changing to forward slashes??? ...

Cell showing date and time
I have a cell set up as format dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss and the contents are 01/01/1995 00:00:00 In the cell below I put 01/01/1995 01:00:00 then fill the cells for a few hundred. After about 200 cells the value shows as 09/01/1995 10:00:01 - in other words the increment being added for each cell is slightly greater than the desired one hour. I assume this is a lack of precision in the cell value. Is there a way of changing this? I am using Excel 2007. Grateful for advice. Enter the first date/time in A1 and in A2 enter: =A2+TIME(1,0,0) and copy down -- Gary'...

Error 8270 ldap error
Hello, I've a big problem with exchange 2003 and one error : 8270 "LDAP returne error [34] not avaiable ...." This error flood my event log, and i don't find how to resolve the problem. On microsoft support i found : this error is caused by dns or network problem, but after test i'm almost sure there is no problem. (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en;313167) So my network contain several child domain link by VPN to my principal network. I've exchange only in the principal domain, and in child domain i've just executed setup /domainprep. So i...

Error while trying to close an opportunity in CRM
When I try to close a particular opportunity I get an error message stating: An error has occurred. Contact your system administrator. No additional details. I even tried to find an error log to see if I could get any further information but found nothing useful. I saw this once before and thought perhaps something had corrupted that individual record but now I am seeing it a second time. Any ideas? Hi, Can you please turn on DEV error and post the error message. To turn on DEV error message, go to the CRM 3.0 Web directory, open web.config and find DEV Error tag, change off to on...

Gantt Chart Import Invalid Column Error
Trying to import an Excel table into the Gantt Chart in Visio. The Finish date works fine, but every time I try to map the Start date, I get an "Invalid Column Format" error. Tried changing the format of the Start date field, and it doesn't change anything. Excel 2007 Visio 2007 SP2 and 2010 Beta, both with the same issue. Any suggestions? some people have luck with exporting a file from Visio first, then using that as a dummy file to enter data into and import back. I also found that visio chokes on blank date fields. ...

Error Code 13 on Vista Media Center x64
Just started getting Error Code 13 when updating EPG guide. Seems to have started when I installed Batman Arkham Asylum with Windows Game Live? Any clues? -- Lloyd Abrahams Are you using any proxy? If ,then check proxy configuration. regards, S.Sengupta[MS-MVP] "lloydcabraham" <lloydcabraham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98AA3CDA-317B-4C4B-8BAF-3ECBB9A8F3FA@microsoft.com... > Just started getting Error Code 13 when updating EPG guide. Seems to have > started when I installed Batman Arkham Asylum with Windows Game Live? Any > cl...