Invalidating CFormView will not repaing Grid

Hello,

I have a MFC SDI CFormView application that has a TabControl on it. In the
tabcontrol there is Mr. Chris Maunders MFC Grid.

When I do Invalidate(); the grid will not repaint and goes blank(white).

All other controls on the View repaints OK.

Any suggestions where I should start looking?

// Anders
--
English is not my first, or second, language
so anything strange, or insulting, is due to

Is the Grid a child of the CFormView or a child of the TabCtrl?

Run your application.  Make sure that your application will not be blocked
by the IDE. Put a break point in OnPaint of CGridCtrl. Then do whatever it
is that caused the invalidate that doesn't repaint the grid.  See if the
OnPaint of the Grid is getting called.

AliR.

"Anders Eriksson" <andis59@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a MFC SDI CFormView application that has a TabControl on it. In the
> tabcontrol there is Mr. Chris Maunders MFC Grid.
>
> When I do Invalidate(); the grid will not repaint and goes blank(white).
>
> All other controls on the View repaints OK.
>
> Any suggestions where I should start looking?
>
> // Anders
> --
> English is not my first, or second, language
> so anything strange, or insulting, is due to
> the translation.
> Please correct me so I may improve my English!

0
AliR3470 (3236)
1/17/2007 6:42:35 PM
Hello AliR,

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:42:35 GMT, AliR (VC++ MVP) wrote:

> Is the Grid a child of the CFormView or a child of the TabCtrl?

The grid is a child of the TabCtrl.

> Run your application.  Make sure that your application will not be blocked
> by the IDE. Put a break point in OnPaint of CGridCtrl. Then do whatever it
> is that caused the invalidate that doesn't repaint the grid.  See if the
> OnPaint of the Grid is getting called.

The OnPaint in the grid isn't called!

// Anders
--
English is not my first, or second, language
so anything strange, or insulting, is due to
the translation.
Please correct me so I may improve my English!
0
andis59 (75)
1/19/2007 7:42:04 AM
I think I have solved it!

I have set Clip Children to true for the child dialog that is the tabpage.
When I set it to false, everything works!

I don't really know what the property means, so it might mess something
else up. But so far so good!

Thanks for your help!

// Anders
--
English is not my first, or second, language
so anything strange, or insulting, is due to
the translation.
Please correct me so I may improve my English!
0
andis59 (75)

Sales for outlook will not sync (can not generate sspi content)
My company has been test microsoft crm from the web client for a few weeks without any problems. We now decided to install sales for outlook and installed the app without any issues. We can use Sales for Outlook online but as soon as we try to go offline and allow Microsoft crm to sync data we get an error. the downloading status dialog box appears then about after a minute the dialog box displays "Can not generate sspi content". The downloading status then disappers but no data sync. Anyone encounter this issue There is a published TK on Partner/Customer Source. D...

Tooltip text in CFormView
Hi I am trying to display tool tip text on icons placed on CFormView. I am using these functions: ON_NOTIFY_EX_RANGE(TTN_NEEDTEXTW, 0, 0xFFFF, OnToolTipText) ON_NOTIFY_EX_RANGE(TTN_NEEDTEXTA, 0, 0xFFFF, OnToolTipText) BOOL CmyView :: OnToolTipText (UINT id, NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) { BOOL result = TRUE; /* Operation result */ CString strTipText; /* tool tip text */ UINT nID = -1; /* Identifier */ TOOLTIPTEXTA* pTTTA = NULL; TOOLTIPTEXTW* pTTTW = NULL; ...

destination email system unknown or invalid
I am trying to set up a forward for one of my employees. they have a static ip and their own domain. when I try to forward to them it comes back as destination email system is unknown or invalid help! its the boss's daughter Thanks Pam Test the boss's daughter domain : www.dnsreport.com On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:29:07 -0700, Pam <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to set up a forward for one of my employees. they have a static >ip and their own domain. when I try to forward to them it comes back as >destination email system is unknown or inval...

how doi create a grid chart so i can plot a line ?
i need to plot a slope in a grid and i need to do it in the computer how do i create a grid chart? Do you mean an XY chart? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "DEBBIE" <DEBBIE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAB10D6B-AED3-4647-AF20-A43FA80EEFF4@microsoft.com... >i need to plot a slope in a grid and i need to do it in the computer how do >i > create a grid chart? ...

Re: How do I write code that will comprise a big range of values?
I have the following input box running when a workbook is open... Sub ZipCode() MyInput = InputBox("Please enter Zip Code") If MyInput = "10023" Then Worksheets("Sheets").Select If MyInput = "10024" Then .... and so on for the whole NYC metro area End Sub Now I have to create a message box for the zip codes that are not included for example 00000,99999,66666. How do I accomplish this in few lines of code??? I started with the following... but this is obviously illegal.... I don't know how to include a wider range of values.... Sub ZipCode() If My...

Crosstab vs Flex Grid
I've kind of danced around this topic for a week or so. I hope you will forgive me for not knowing the sort of questions to ask initially. I'm trying to create a scheduling matrix which will do something like this: 04/19/10 04/20/10 04/21/10 CLIENTS Monday------------------Tuesday---------------Wednesday--- Cargiver/ Time Cargiver/ Time Cargiver/ Time A. Levign B. Shaw /900-1230 C. Califlower/10-2 J. Byrd/11-4 D. Bowie ...

clipboard in Excel collects but will only paste most recent item
I have checked option settings and cannot discover why all items cannot be pasted. Gregory The default clipboard is Windows Clipboard and will accept one item only. For multiples go to Edit>Office Clipboard to bring that up. Collect the items then "Paste All". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 17 May 2005 10:11:32 -0700, "Gregory1558" <Gregory1558@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have checked option settings and cannot discover why all items cannot be >pasted. ...

Group mail: Sending to a group of mail recipients will send to all but one recipient
I created under Outlook 2002 (10.4712.4219.) SP2 a group of recipients with all internal persons. When I send a mail to this group all mails but one will be transfered. In the log file og the mail server I see that all recipients got a mail but the one recipient not. Therfore I think that the problem is Outlook itself. I did not an do not get any error message for this recipient. When I retry sending to this group always this recipient do not receive a mail. Following situation: - alle recipients are internal mail addresses - the address making problems I changed and retyped many times: it...

invalid page fault
Having trouble with a shared excel 97 workbook. We use an html link to the excel file. Recently 1 user began to get the "invalid page fault in module excel.exe" message whenever she attempts to open the excel file. Same problem whether she tries to access the workbook via the link or whether she opens excel first and then tries to open the workbook. Until a few days ago, she had no trouble with this. She can open other workbooks, but not this particular one. All other users can still open and modify the workbook. What could be causing this problem? Thanks for your he...

If you curious how big your mortgage payment will become after ARM reset, check.
Assuming that interest rates will remain the same as they are today (too simplistic), the following calculator computes mortgage payments before and after reset. http://csharpcomputing.com/webapps/arm.jsp For example, if today loan amount 450000, interest rate 4.125%, loan is 5/1 ARM, and it is due to reset next year, then monthly payment before reset is $2354 and after reset is $3247 Hope this helps, Martin ...

Will excel add cells using colour coding eg Add all red cells
I have colour coded a spreadsheet and would like to set a cell to recognise the couloured cells and add all these cells to a total Not sure if you can actually add colored cells. What is the content inside the cell? If there is a pattern, you can try a few things to get a sum. -- cparaske ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cparaske's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3793 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=477902 Nothing built in http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm ...

CFormView and Background Color
Hallo! I want to change the background color of an FormView (not at initialization). With OnCtlColor, it works fine, the background color changes. But controls on the form doesn't changend the background color (like static controls, radio buttons, comboboxes changend on drop down, etc). How can i change the controls colors without subclassing them? Is there any easy way? Thanks for any help Tim See here: http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0597/c0597.aspx -- Ajay "Tim" <tim@mail.no> wrote in message news:op.ub8xhaqnp0gfcj@rewe.woho.intern... > Hallo! > > I...

Refreshing whole grid at once
Hi, I have a grid which consists of Static Cells which communicates with hardware directly and fetches values from it, then it enumerates strings available from XML and then displays on the grid. I have implemented the functionality of each cell. But it takes a long time to process all the cells in the grid. The processing time increases with number of rows Could anyone suggest an easy way to refresh/update whole grid at once or to reduce the processing time. This depends upon the grid's implementation. What grid is it. Typically you not redraw after each cell. You will lock the grid,...

M. 2004 "invalid format" error
Hello to all. Hope someone can help. After everything has installed "succesfully" and I try to run the program I get the message "Windows cannot run this program because it is an invalid format" I have windows ME with 256 mb of ram which is 65% free. 32 bit memory and 32 bit file system Can anyone tell me what the problem is? Please fill me in if you need more info to figure it out. All your help is appreciated. Robin ...

Exel will not display previously opened files
I show no list of recent documents. I tried changing options-advanced, but the selection for Disply- Recent documents is grayed out, I can not change the amount of documents to list . It is grayed out at "0". maybe... OFFXP: "Most Recently Used" List Missing from File Menu and "Recently Used File List" Option Unavailable (Q284896) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q284896 Any chance you just turned on TweakUI? jjxray7154 wrote: > > I show no list of recent documents. I tried changing options-advanced, but > the selection for ...

printer will not printer
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have successfully installed an HP DeskJet K60 and it shows as a valid, usable printer. When I try to print a document, it appears very briefly on the "printer screen" showing that it is printing, showing me as user and the correct document name with the correct sending time. But then it simply disappears from the screen without actually printing. Nothing is left in the queue. ????? Have you checked the HP site for an updated driver? Have you installed the 10.6.1 Update? Have you repaired disk permissi...

just upgraded to outlook 2003 and mail won't receive but will send
I installed outlook 2003 and I can't get it to receive any mail ... I have installed this on another computer and had no problems so I am not sure of what I am doing. Have you compared all the settings between the two computer to make sure they are the same? Are both computers connecting from the same ISP connection? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, joetta asked: | I installed outlook 2003 and I can't g...

WTL/WTL equivalent to CFormView
Hi, What's the equivalent class in ATL/WTL to CFormView ? Thanks On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 14:48:44 +0200, mosfet <richom.v@free.fr> wrote: >Hi, > >What's the equivalent class in ATL/WTL to CFormView ? > >Thanks Hi, I'm not expert about WTL, but I think that you don't have CFormView in WTL, simply because I think that WTL is just a set of helper classes for GUI etc., a "toolkit", but not a *framework* like MFC, with the Doc/View architecture. And CFormView is a kind of View, so it lives into the Doc/View framework architecture. However, maybe it...

Outlook 2003 will not shut down
When I start Outlook for the first time after a re-boot all is well. Howeve r, although Outlook seems to shut down, when I attempt to start it agian, no thing. I open task manager and find that the first instance of Outlook is s till running as a process. Once I kill the first process, Outlook starts. Why does the Outlook process remain after a shutdown and how can I fix it. I have already tried a repair as well as removing and re-installing Outlook and also applied the newly released Office SP1. Thanks in advance! John Cleveland <jcleveland@urban-systems.com> wrote: > Why doe...

Why will my Excel charts not print in color?
Why will my Excel charts not print in color? I've seen this happen for these reasons: 1) Not using a color printer. 2) Printer set up on your computer to be B+W for everything instead of color. Take a look at the printer prefs (I think). "cyncha" <cyncha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D574F2A-2AE9-4333-9555-F7B71F1D6FBB@microsoft.com... > Why will my Excel charts not print in color? Another scapegoat is the printer driver. Make sure these are up to date. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials an...

Outlook will not completely shutdown...runs in background
When I doubleclick on Outlook icon in task bar, after I shut down Outlook, I receive the following message: Outlook is not responding. If you are using Exchange server e-mail account, you can cancel pending server requests by clicking the Outlook icon in the noification area, and then clicking cancel server request on the shortcut menu. The only way to stop Outlook completely, is to "end process" in Process tab. I am using an email account that goes through a server for my company. Outlook 2000 did not give me this problem. Thanks for the help ahead of time. Dear Greg: I...

Add button to Grid tool bar
We have a custom entity and have created a report for it. How do I add the report button into the grid tool bar, so we can run the report with out going to the report list in my workplace? I've tried editing the isv.config.xml file but with no success. Andrew. Is anything from isv.config.xml showing in the CRM interface ? If not, the most likely problem is that you haven't changed the ISVIntegration attribute in web.config from it's default value of 'none' "Andrew Padley" wrote: > > We have a custom entity and have created a report for it. > &...

A number value in Excel will on view as ####. How do I fix this?
Why is it every other cell will show the number value, but one cell will only show ###### in the cell? How do I correct this? Thanks. Is it just the column width to be increased ... ? -- Carim ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Carim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33259 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=531180 Yes. Either manually resize the column, or click: Format>Column>AutoFit Selection Yes. Either manually resize the column, or click: Format>Column>...

97 Will not open my 2003 database
Error message: Unrecongnized database format then the file extension. I need to work on a homework assignment and 97 is the only program I can get to. I did the begining of it on a computer at school which has Access 2003...i think. Please help! Access 97 is incapable of opening databases created in newer versions of Access. Fortunately, each version of Access since Access 97 has had the capability to convert back to Access 97 format: it's on the Tools menu, under Database Utilities. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Cou...

Invalid "Office In Use" Dialog