Interface between AOL instant messenger and Visual C++.

A client has asked for a feature where I would monitor AOL instant messenger messages and act upon
information received in the messages. I would have one access point and I would need to monitor
several IM accounts.

I would write my program in Visual C++ version 6.

Is there an interface or API? How would I connect?
0
TonyG2127 (95)
8/6/2008 3:28:27 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How about this:
http://dev.aol.com/aim

Download page:
http://dev.aol.com/aim/downloads

AliR.

"TonyG" <TonyG@junk.com> wrote in message
>A client has asked for a feature where I would monitor AOL instant
>messenger messages and act upon information received in the messages. I
>would have one access point and I would need to monitor several IM
>accounts.
>
> I would write my program in Visual C++ version 6.
>
> Is there an interface or API? How would I connect?

0
AliR3470 (3236)

Instant Search --- include subfolders?
Outlook 2007 This seems to have been touched upon in one or two other posts, but the Q&A got sidetracked. Just to be sure... I have my own Mail Folder named "Saved Emails," with several subfolders. If I select the Saved Emails folder and perform an Instant Search, it doesn't find the target items stored in subfolders. I can't find a checkbox to enable subfolder-included searches under Instant Search. Does such a feature exist? (It seems not. Rather an obvious gap, wouldn't you say?) Thanks very much. no. you can do the folder or all mail folder...

Visual C++ MNMAPI32.OCX Question
Hi, I developed a program using visual c++ 6.0 using MNMAPI32.ocx. Now, I installed Windows Vista on my computer and can not run this program. I have searched everywhere about MNMAPI32.ocx but nothing came up, not even in google. I have the MNMAPI32.ocx file and tried to registered it on my Windows Vista, but when I register it, I got an error: "Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files" What does this mean? What DLL files do I need? Please help me! Thanks There's a tool that exists: ...

How to import MSN messenger contacts to Outlook 2003?
Can I import MSN messenger contacts to Outlook 2003? Also can they be imported to BCM? TIA, Chad Harris I meant to add that i have a .NET passport for gmail, and i use it on MSN messenger. i now have that gmail account syncronised with outlook 2003 and i heard that i could use my MSN messenger contacts list with outlook 2003 and my list would do interesting things like tell me who's online and stuff like that. anyone know how to do that? Tia, Chad Harris _______________________________________________ "Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Outlook and AOL #2
Hi I have Outlook 2003 running on a Dell Dimension 4550 with XP Home and all the latest updates according to the Microsoft website. I have AOL as my ISP. There is now a way to run Outlook with IMAP and access your AOL mails. This has been working fine. Now, this morning, I have received some E-mails, but not others (no pattern to this.) Also, the mails I have sent have appeared to leave my PC (ie appeared in the Sent Items folder in Outlook) but most have not appeared at their destination. AOL have said there is no problem there and I can send E-mails from within AOL itself but Outl...

How to transfer Outlook folders from old to new p.c.??
Anyone have any advice? I've been able to "synch" using a palm handheld, but I can't find a way to transfer my "Sent Items" from my Personal Folders to my new computer Robin cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly: > Anyone have any advice? I've been able to "synch" using > a palm handheld, but I can't find a way to transfer > my "Sent Items" from my Personal Folders to my new > computer Do a search for "*.pst" and copy the file to your new computer. Remove any Read-only attribute (if you use a CD for instan...

Integrating Apache Xerces C++ Parser into a MFC Application
Hello, I�m trying to integrate the Apache Xerces C++ Parser into an SDI MFC Application using Visual Studio.NET. I want to build a TreeView by using the Apache Xerces DOM Parser.Has someone experience in that case???I�ve got much trouble at the moment. ...

a visual tool showing C++ class structure ..
Hi, Does VC 2005 provide a tool to visually show the C++ class structure (inheritence, aggration, etc) diagram in a project? Thanks. JD Not that I've found. Check out doxygen: <http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/> "JD" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O1qI$e5CIHA.4228@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Does VC 2005 provide a tool to visually show the C++ class structure > (inheritence, aggration, etc) diagram in a project? Thanks. > > JD > But I do remember to see a visual tool when attending a studio seminar long t...

MC++ or WIN32/C ?
Hi, I want to port the Solaris 5.8 C-Code (Mixed Endian Code) to Windows x64/ x86 platform for a .Net project. What is the best approach to accomplish this ? 1. Should I first port to WIN32/C (using BIT shifting for enadianness) and then introduce a PInvoke layer ? OR 2. Should I use Managed C++ so that I directly get the support for Managed Code as well as object access through pointers ? Please sugest. Thanks In Advance regards Angshuman. Hello, Angshuman If ported code will interact much with unmanaged code (call C API) Then it can be better to use Managed C+...

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: Runtime Error!
Product: Microsoft Money 2001 Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Receive error when try to open Microsoft Money: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\msmoney.exe Was there a question here? You might want to read http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=131. "Dave" <ddoroquez@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5ec301c42ddf$ece39030$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Product: Microsoft Money 2001 > Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP > > Receive error when try to open Microsoft Money: > > Microsoft Visual C++...

C# NG in de.comp.lang.* ??? New Info!
Hallo, fand gerade diese Meldung in d.a.n.g: | de.comp.lang.csharp - Einrichtung (eingegangen: 10.5.2010) | Proponent: dr_logic@gmx.net (Ulf Kadner) | N�chste Aktion: 1.RfD | Verfahrensbetreuer: Michael Ottenbruch | | Kommentar: Proponent reagiert abermals nicht auf Anfragen; Verfahren | verf�llt am 16.6.2010 | Was ist los? Kein Interesse mehr am Umzug? Mir pers�nlich kann es eigentlich egal sein ob die C#-Gruppe eine neue Heimat sucht oder nicht, denn ich bin ausschlie�lich an VB6- und VBA- Programmierung interessiert. Doch Euer Verhalten wirft ein ...

Excel, Can the letter A B C on the columbs heading be changed?
Excel 2003 I want to put a woud were the columb letter is. can this be done You can put a word in Row 1 and leave the column letters alone. (You can actually hide the column letters and row numbers under tools|options|View tab, if you really want.) Paul fxb wrote: > > Excel 2003 I want to put a woud were the columb letter is. can this be done -- Dave Peterson Hi > (You can actually hide the column letters and row numbers under > tools|options|View tab, if you really want.) And then you can select A2 then and use Window>Freeze panes to freeze your new header -- Rega...

Money 2003 "C" column of register
In know what "R" and "C" denote (reconciled, cleared) in the "C" column of the register......but what does "E" denote? Barbara In microsoft.public.money, Barbara wrote: >In know what "R" and "C" denote (reconciled, cleared) in >the "C" column of the register......but what does "E" >denote? Electronically cleared. i.e., downloaded or imported. ...

Visual Studio .NET , MFC 71 and Truncate
Hello, I have an application written in C++ under VS.NET and it uses some special mfc 7.1 methods like the Truncate (for CString). How would you replace it in VS 6 : MyTruncate(CString &str, int nLen){ str.SetAt(nLen,0) } or something similar. Please help Finally I have found this : class CStringEx: public CString { public: CStringEx(); CStringEx(const CString& stringSrc) : CString(stringSrc) {} CStringEx(TCHAR ch, int nRepeat = 1) : CString(ch, nRepeat) {} CStringEx(LPCSTR lpsz) : CString(lpsz) {} CStringEx(LPCWSTR lpsz) : CString(lpsz) {} CStringEx(LPCTSTR lpch, int ...

Outlook with AOL issues
I am connecting through AOL broadband and I am running a site with registered domain. I manage my email from this domain through Outloo 2002 (running Windows XP). Often inner-office mail sent (mail t co-workers in the same building as me on the same AOL broadban connection as me) is not going through. We have the smtp server set t our domain's smtp server. If we send mail through web mail we ca receive it in Outlook immediately, but if we send it through outlook i will arrive (if ever) 2-3 hours later. We figure this has to do wit AOL's service and their different approach to em...

Can my MFC Regular DLL run in C++ and Visual Basic?
I have an MFC based dialog application that I want to convert to a DLL. So, as a test, I created a simple MFC Regular DLL that is statically linked to MFC. The DLL has two functions: one to add two ints and return the result and the other to run a dialog contained in the DLL. I can build a simple MFC client app to test the DLL and it works. But when I try to run the DLL using Visual Basic I get a 'Bad calling convention' error. Apparently, this can be solved by adding _stdcall to the exported functions. As I understand it, the problem is due to the fact that there is a difference ...

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error (Kills Outlook)
Hope someone can help with this one. Whenever I start Outlook 2002, I receive the following error dialog: ********************************************************* Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error (Dialog Title) Runtime Error! Program: C:\<location>\OUTLOOK.EXE This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. ********************************************************* If I click "OK" or close the dialog, the app terminates. I'm running Windows XP Pro, and ...

c ya
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01CACB95.3D0DF150 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0011_01CACB95.3D0DF150" ------=_NextPart_001_0011_01CACB95.3D0DF150 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable the cracker ------=_NextPart_001_0011_01CACB95.3D0DF150 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> ...

Reading Flat Files in C++ and displaying results
Hi, I am not sure if this is the best group to ask this question. I am new to visual Studio 2005 C++ and am looking for some directions on where best to start. I come from a mainly Delphi background and looking to switch to VS 2005 C++ or C#. I am looking to write a test utility that would read several Flat Files and allow me to produce a table form with the results. I have been looking at reading the files into a DataTable and then displaying the required information into a DataGridView. IS this the simplest way to go, or should I consider taking a different route. Could someone pleas...

Desing Workflows graphically in Visual Designer and Upload them to
Hi everybody, I want to modell Workflows with the visual designer in Visual Studio 2005. Combined with the CRM SDK it should be possible to use them directly in MS CRM 4.0. Shouldn't it? You might ask "why modell them in visual designer?" The answer is simple. I need some graphics of the Workflows that I'm going to implement. I'm looking to avoid the seperation between graphic modell and implementation. So I want to modell them in VS 2005 and then simply upload them. Anybody any idea if this is possible or how it's done? Best regards Pascal On Sep 24, 4:32=...

c-d burning
when trying to burn audio file error message says "cannot burn as length of file unknown". Any way of over coming this problem? What's the type of the file you are trying to burn (MP3, WMA, WAV...)? Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk chapelhall wrote: > when trying to burn audio file error message says "cannot burn as length of > file unknown". Any way of over coming this problem? This would more typically happen if the player didn't know the length of the file for whatever reason. Adding the file to the library and/o...

Error Message with task: Messaging interface returned an unknown e
I have a Vista O.S. and just upgraded my Office 2000 to 2007. I am not able to enter a new task without receiving an error message that won't let me continue: a messaging interface has returned an unknown error. PLEASE HELP ME Create a new profile with a new data file. Once done, if neccessary open your old data file and copy data from old set of folders to the new set "Daniela" <Daniela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5FC6C890-0DBF-4771-B56B-99CFA7972CD1@microsoft.com... >I have a Vista O.S. and just upgraded my Office 2000 to 2007. ...

How do I use Outlook 2000 to read AOL e-mail?
I am trying to use Outlook 2000 to read and send AOL e-mail. I have followed the AOL Help steps (over and over again) for creating and configuring an Outlook account and then my messages appear. However, the next time I sign on to Outlook my messages are not there. If I delete the account and create a new one then I will get my messages but as soon as I sign off and sign on again the messages are gone but the account is still there. Please help. Thanks. sojo wrote: > I am trying to use Outlook 2000 to read and send AOL e-mail. I have > followed the AOL Help steps (over an...

XP Interface
I am building my senior project. I would like to use Visio to pre-design my screen layouts and then use that to convert to Visual Basic. I have found the help on building the XP Interface and the XP Wizards. Once I have completed building my pages, what do I need to do to get the pages into Visual Studio/VB? Using Office Visio 2007 and Visual Studio 2005. Thanks. Unfortunately if you are looking for a way to automate the form creation, visio does not support that. al "Senior Project Needs Help" <Senior Project Needs Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

How to Write Custom Code in C# To Implement Out own Logic
I want to Calculate Insurence Premium based on the County and Property Value. For that sake I Placed two fields County and Property Value and than I need to write a code that will fire when System calculated radio Button will be selected in Opportunity Page. Please tell me How To write this code in CRM and specify where this in a particular fied work. Sp Kumar You should check out the SDK and look into Callouts as that seems to be the right place for this. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "SP KUmar" <SP KUmar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:819CFAE...

Update Price A,B&C automatically when I change Regular Price
Hi, I have 6 stores with Hq and implement Price Levels A, B and C for different stores. Around 50% of my 20,000 items have different prices for A,B,c and regular prices. Is it possible or is there a solution out there whereby if I change the regular price that Price A, B and C would automatically change based on previous relationships like this example. Regular = 1.00, A = 1.10, B = 1.20 etc. Change Regular to 2.00 and A would auto change to 2.20 and so on. This would really be a time saver!! thanks in advance. an auto change is possible only with database, or only with an add-on, but no...