In MDI, how to display a restored view on a maxmized view?

In MDI, if a view is maxmized, all other views are hide.
But I want to display a restored view on the top of the maxmized view, how
can I do that?
0
flyingxu (20)
11/5/2005 12:28:06 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I am not sure if thats possible. You can try calling activateframe on the
mdichild window that contains the view. I suspect that the new frame will
come in as maximized as well. You can try by resizing the view to cover
entire area of mainframe and then activating second frame.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"flyingxu" <flyingxu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In MDI, if a view is maxmized, all other views are hide.
> But I want to display a restored view on the top of the maxmized view, how
> can I do that?

0
ajaykalra (6842)
11/5/2005 2:02:21 PM
I'm sure it's possible, bacause I've seen a software bahaves like what I
mentioned
But I don't know how to implement it.

"Ajay Kalra" wrote:

> I am not sure if thats possible. You can try calling activateframe on the
> mdichild window that contains the view. I suspect that the new frame will
> come in as maximized as well. You can try by resizing the view to cover
> entire area of mainframe and then activating second frame.
>
> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com
>

> "flyingxu" <flyingxu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In MDI, if a view is maxmized, all other views are hide.
> > But I want to display a restored view on the top of the maxmized view, how
> > can I do that?

0
flyingxu (20)
11/5/2005 4:16:01 PM
I really doubt this can be done without playing games with MDIClient area
which is the parent of all the MDIChildWnd. I just verified in VC6 and it
behaves as I had guessed in my previous post.

--

> I'm sure it's possible, bacause I've seen a software bahaves like what I
> mentioned
> But I don't know how to implement it.
>
> "Ajay Kalra" wrote:
>
> > I am not sure if thats possible. You can try calling activateframe on
the
> > mdichild window that contains the view. I suspect that the new frame
will
> > come in as maximized as well. You can try by resizing the view to cover
> > entire area of mainframe and then activating second frame.
> >
> > --
> > Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> > ajaykalra@yahoo.com
> >

> > "flyingxu" <flyingxu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > In MDI, if a view is maxmized, all other views are hide.
> > > But I want to display a restored view on the top of the maxmized view,
how
> > > can I do that?

0
ajaykalra (6842)
11/5/2005 5:01:07 PM
flyingxu wrote:
> I'm sure it's possible, bacause I've seen a software bahaves like what I
> mentioned

Are you sure these were MDI child windows?

Asko.

> But I don't know how to implement it.>

> "Ajay Kalra" wrote:
>

>>I am not sure if thats possible. You can try calling activateframe on the
>>mdichild window that contains the view. I suspect that the new frame will
>>come in as maximized as well. You can try by resizing the view to cover
>>entire area of mainframe and then activating second frame.
>>
>>--
>>Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
>>ajaykalra@yahoo.com
>>

>>"flyingxu" <flyingxu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>In MDI, if a view is maxmized, all other views are hide.
>>>But I want to display a restored view on the top of the maxmized view, how
>>>can I do that?

Yes, I agree.
So what should I do on MDI client area to display a restored view on the top
of the maxmized view?
I find the when one view is maxmized, the other view is actually not
maxmized, but it's usder the maxmized view, so we can't see the restored view.
I tried to use SetWindowPos to bring it to top, but it displayed for a very
short time and then be covered by the maxmized view. And I notice the child
frame already has WS_CLIPSIBLINGS style.
I looked into the code of MFC, but find no clue, for MS hide all the code
inside functions like MDIActive().
But I really need this function, so, any suggestions?

p.s. I find a software that already implemented this function,
http://www.maxthon.com/ (pardon me, I'm not advtising for it, pls download
and see the function I want and then delete it.)

"Ajay Kalra" wrote:

> I really doubt this can be done without playing games with MDIClient area
> which is the parent of all the MDIChildWnd. I just verified in VC6 and it
> behaves as I had guessed in my previous post.
>
> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com
>

> "flyingxu" <flyingxu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm sure it's possible, bacause I've seen a software bahaves like what I
> > mentioned
> > But I don't know how to implement it.
> >
> > "Ajay Kalra" wrote:
> >
> > > I am not sure if thats possible. You can try calling activateframe on
> the
> > > mdichild window that contains the view. I suspect that the new frame
> will
> > > come in as maximized as well. You can try by resizing the view to cover
> > > entire area of mainframe and then activating second frame.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> > > ajaykalra@yahoo.com
> > >

> > > "flyingxu" <flyingxu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how

If you want to maximize the childframe, override ActivateFrame and
change nCmdShow parameter to SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED.

---------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

Fei Xu, or Flying Xu wrote:
> Yes, I agree.
> So what should I do on MDI client area to display a restored view on the top
> of the maxmized view?
> I find the when one view is maxmized, the other view is actually not
> maxmized, but it's usder the maxmized view, so we can't see the restored view.
> I tried to use SetWindowPos to bring it to top, but it displayed for a very
> short time and then be covered by the maxmized view. And I notice the child
> frame already has WS_CLIPSIBLINGS style.
> I looked into the code of MFC, but find no clue, for MS hide all the code
> inside functions like MDIActive().
> But I really need this function, so, any suggestions?
>
> p.s. I find a software that already implemented this function,
> http://www.maxthon.com/ (pardon me, I'm not advtising for it, pls download
> and see the function I want and then delete it.)
>
> "Ajay Kalra" wrote:
>
> > I really doubt this can be done without playing games with MDIClient area
> > which is the parent of all the MDIChildWnd. I just verified in VC6 and it
> > behaves as I had guessed in my previous post.
> >
> > --
> > Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> > ajaykalra@yahoo.com
> >

> > "flyingxu" <flyingxu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I'm sure it's possible, bacause I've seen a software bahaves like what I
> > > mentioned
> > > But I don't know how to implement it.

> > the
> > will

> > how

0
ajaykalra (6842)

MSCRM 4.0User Summary Report not displayed Properly in IE 8
User Summary report in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 is not displayed properly in IE 8 . It is getting expanded in IE 8, hence the table columns are lost. It is getting displayed perfectly in rest all versions. Any help in this regard is appreciated. ...

Money 2000 backup restores
Purchased a new HP Pavilion with Windows Vista today. Can not get my Money 200 backup to restore. Keeps asking for a password. I never set a password or if I did, it was years ago. The backups are on the old hard drive and I am trying to transfer. Now what? In microsoft.public.money, Brenda wrote: >Purchased a new HP Pavilion with Windows Vista today. Can not get my Money >200 backup to restore. Keeps asking for a password. I never set a password or >if I did, it was years ago. The backups are on the old hard drive and I am >trying to transfer. Now what? Typically that wou...

Quick way to change display name from first last to last, first
Is there a quick way to change the display name from first last to last, first other than manually or manually editing a .csv export file? Many thanks, Brian That is the only (Microsoft) way in Exchange 5.5 You can modify settings in the admin to do this for new users. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Brian Bri...

View automatically changes
If I'm working in a word document and I receive new mail, my view automatically changes to Outlook. This is becoming very annoying since I receive alot of mail and am continually switching back from Outlook to continue with whatever work I'm doing. It seems to happen with other programs also, but not if I'm online. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks!! What version of Outlook? Do you have the option to display a notification message when new mail arrives in Tools | Options | E-Mail options? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Prof...

? Handling WM_SIZE/WM_SIZING But Not From Restore
Hi, I need to handle WM_SIZE and WM_SIZING but only for when the size of the window is actually changing, not for when it is being restored from a minimized state (yes, I know it's technically changing in that case.) I've got a resizing dialog app which has a list control in in. I've set up the dialog to move and resize the list control as well as set the column widths whenever the dialog's size is altered (in OnSize). However, this is a waste of time when the dialog is just being restored from a minimized state, specifically if the list control has lots of items in it (you...

display ratios as written in web query
I am using a web query to display data about screen contrasts, all written with the formatting of "700:1" or "3000:1" It displays corectly in the edit web query window, but everything I try to make it display as delivered fails. I tried text, custom formats with @ etc, but it seems to insist on doing the calculation before turning it back to text, or as a ratio it does the division. (The text formatting for this works OK if I type directly into the spread sheet) Is there a way to make a web query display as written? Any help appreciated. Keith ...

Restoring after complete disaster
I am learning Exch 2000 for the moment and have put up the following test : In the event of a hardware failure of the Exchange server I would like to be able to restore an Exchange server on an other machine. I am reading a MS book where I found the following description that I tried. I made backups of the original server, more precisely I backed up the system state and I also backed up the Information store. So I have 2 backups. I shut down the original server in order to simulate a crached machine. On a second machine I have installed W2000S + SP. Everything worked fine. Now I restore the...

change display name
Hi all, Exchange 2003 /windows 2003 envir. Currently, we have users show as First name last name in our GAL. If we want to show users as Last name, First name, where should I change for all lists in the GAL? Thank you. On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 14:48:35 -0700, ed <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Exchange 2003 /windows 2003 envir. > >Currently, we have users show as First name last name in our GAL. If we >want to show users as Last name, First name, where should I change for all >lists in the GAL? To change the existing AD ob...

Report View for Summary Tasks
I am trying to create a report or view that shows the Summary Task as my header then resource name an Monthly hour associated by the Summary Task. The Resource Usage View is ok, but I need it to role up to the Summary task, how do I get it to do that? I only need to view Monthly Hours at the Summary Task Level. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Kirsten The trick is that you need to flag each task/assignment with the summary task and then group by that element. Easiest would perhaps be to group by WBS levels. If you're using 2007 SP2, add the WBS Code ...

Displaying images in CListCtrl
Hi, I have a Report-style CListCtrl and I need to display an image in the second column of the list control. Calling SetItem() by specifying the image index from the ListCtrl's imagelist member and the subitem index corresponding to the second column does not work. I can only get the image to display in the first column, and I dont want the image there. Would appreciate any help in this regard. Thanks Gautham You're going to have to derive you're own class from CListCtrl and draw it yourself. Here are a couple of links to articles where they use bitmaps in CListCtrls that ma...

Display a PDF in a Windows Form.
I've got a kiosk program that displays information that runs unattended. I need to have the ability to put PDF up on the screen. I have other stuff on the screen that needs to still be displayed. Adobe opens as a new window with menus and whatnot so this is not acceptable. Does anybody know of a way to display a PDF in a winform? I don't need any of the menus or stuff like that - just display the pdf. It would also be nice if I could programmatically control what page it's displaying so I could display multiple pages in succession. TIA - Jeff. "Mr. ...

OWA doesnt display inbox items when clicked on.
I work for a private school, so money isn't flowing endlessly for out IT department. Having said that, we are still using exchange 5.5 (quite comfotably and securely actually). The version of OWA with 5.5 works great for about 95% of my faculty members. However, for a few, they can login to OWA fine and see thier inbox items fine, but when they click on those items to read them, a box appears on screen for a split second, then disappears. It is almost as if their built in pop-up blocker is running, but even disabling that doesnt fix this problem. Any suggestions? thanks in advance jazz ...

Display a count of unique records in a query in Access 2007
Hi, I'm not sure if I should be in this group, or Reports, but I'll start here. I have a user who would like to do a count of unique records and display the information in a query, or a report. Here are the basics: She has a list of donors, some of the donors donate more than once to the same cause. What she would like is a list of the number of donors, per cause. But, if the donor ID repeats for the same cause, she does not want that ID counted again. Example: We can get a query to return a count of the records per cause. It is returning a value of "7" for a cause,...

Pivot tables- 0 counts don't display
How can I get a 0 counts to display in the pivot chart and subsequent graphs. Thanks to Debra for answering my last question, it was a big help! You could enter a dummy record for each combination in the table, and leave the door field blank. For example: door floor core doortype 1 1 1 2 1 1 3 1 1 These records will be displayed in the column and row area, but won't be counted in the data area, where 'Count of Door' is used. Jim wrote: > How can I get a 0 counts to display in the pivot chart > and subs...

My excel no longer displays the modification date when I hover on
Previously when I hovered my curser over a file when it is in the list mode, it would show the date it was last modified, now it just shows the type of file and the file size. Cannot be sure but it may have disapeared when I did the Office Update. How can I get it back ...

Calendar view
I am using Outlook 2003 and in the far left hand pane (the navigation pane) it shows "Calendar". A figure "2" has appeared next to the word Calendar. I have no idea why and can't get rid of it. The help file has been anything but! Please can anyone help? Shane This means you've got two new calendar items. You can either create a view that displays all the unread items or right click the folder and choose Mark all as Read -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 --...

Icon Sets
I would like to display in cell A2 a red diamond if the value in U2="Storage"; a Green Circle if the value in U2="Central Files" "Office" or Floor"; and a yellow triangle if the value in U2="Missing". I saw the response to "ICON Arrows UP or DOWN", but I couldn't understand where the different parts were supposed to go. Nolene, you can put an IF statement in column A that reflects the information in column U: =IF(U2="Storage", 1,IF(or(U2="Central File",U2="Office",U2="Floor"),2,...

How do I correct formula display errors?
I use Word 2003, and recently formulas created by my professor do not display properly on my laptop. For instance, the ampersand symbol seems to appear where some superscripting or ' characters should be. What is the problem and solution? Hello Brian brian wrote: > I use Word 2003, and recently formulas created by my professor do not display > properly on my laptop. For instance, the ampersand symbol seems to appear > where some superscripting or ' characters should be. What is the problem and > solution? what version of Word has your professor been...

Viewing Global Contact List
I'm using Exchange 2003 in a large domain with a global contact listing. Client machines are using Outlook 2000/2003. Is there a way to list the global contacts in the standard local contact list? Thanks. No, the user will need to select the list from the dropdown. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Bill Maxwell asked: | I'm using Exchange 2003 in a large domain with ...

Outlook 2002 views grouping/sorting
I noticed a (irritating) difference between Outlook 2000 and 2002 definition of folder Views. Back in 2000, you could set to group by Conversation Topic, which lumped all emails with the same email subject together. Now it was still sorted by date first, meaning the subject-topic with the most recent received (descending) email with be positioned on top. So it was going by Sort, then Group. Now in 2002, the priority has been reversed. It is grouped first then sorted by date. Meaning the email subject with the first in alphabetical order will ALWAYS be positioned on top, even when its latest ...

Not opened in "Print View"

Viewing field values at the accounts level
I created several customised fields and bulk imported account data - all looks fine except for one numerical field, which does displays only blanks. When you double-click on the account, however, you clearly see there is a non-zero value there. When I sort by this field, it does the right thing, just that somehow the field value does not show up under the field name at all when viewing all accounts. Any help would be great. Textbooks etc don't seem to cover this sort of newbie snag! Thanks ...

Attachments missing on Internal Emails viewed in OWA
I'm having a difficulty with emails sent internally from Outlook 2007 to another internal user on Exchange Server 2003 SP2 installed in Windows 2003 Server Standard. Generally, the server has all the updates. I just updated it about a week ago. These attachments (no matter what they are) will not show up in OWA. They do show up in Outlook. And if you try to forward the email, the attachment will appear. So, our work-around right now has been to forward these emails to themselves in OWA and the subsequent email will have the attachment in them. All other emails with...

Money 2004: Displaying an associated cash account in the Account List
My brokerage firm provides me with an investment account that also acts as a chequing account. As a result, I track the cash balance of the account in its associated cash account. It appears that in order to get a summary of the balance, I must switch to either the portfolio or transaction view. Is it possible to view a summary of this associated cash account in the main account list? I would like to do so without creating a new cash account and transfering all the transactions to it. Thanks! Steve Guidi In microsoft.public.money, Steve Guidi wrote: >My brokerage firm provides me wi...

Outlook 2003 / BCM
Is there any way to set "global" field settings for each opportunity in the Opportunities section - versus having to adjust each Opportunity's view one by one? ...