I want to read,but:

The web display:
Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.
could you tell how to access another web like this?

0
fbjlt (155)
9/12/2004 7:21:38 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message
> The web display:
> Directory Listing Denied
> This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.
> could you tell how to access another web like this?

looks like the link got wrapped, you may have to copy it out and put it back
together...

or you could try this:

http://tinyurl.com/3mtvv

0
billt61 (145)

Office 2008 Files: Read Only, POSIX, ACLs Frustration!
We have a fully patched Leopard server with SMB sharepoints. I'll create a new folder using my Leopard client, we'll call it PermTest. I wish to lock down this folder, so I set POSIX permissions to Owner: Decker12, Read/Write, Group: Sales, Read/Write, Everyone: None. I'll drop some Word and Excel files in that folder, and propagate the permissions. I'll use TinkerTool System and "ls -le" to verify that the permissions are set correctly on the folder and all the documents contained inside of it. I verify that from the client, Decker12 and members of the Sale...

stream read error
I have a small excel file (200k) which worked fine until i changed the file name (I cannot remember the original name as it was just letters and numbers which was the reason for changing the name!). Now it will not open and upon trying several Excel recovery programs some of them told me it was a stream read error' and the recovery failed. Any advice or is this file a write off? -- bembaman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bembaman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29865 View this thread: http://www.exc...

Want to disable automatic email tracking
I see many questions about how to enable automatic tracking of emails, but my question is the opposiet. We want to disable all aitomatic tracking, both between users and between users and contacts. We don't use tracking tokens. We've tried every combination of user and system flags, but can't get it right. I know it must be possible to do what we want, so hope someone can point me the right direction. Thanks - Pam If using the CRM for Outlook for inbound/outbound on the user's profile, make sure 'check incoming e-mail in Outlook....' is unchecked, and the ...

I want to make a Macro that would so I can open a CSV file and it.
Is there anyone out there that can teach me how to do this? Sometimes, the best way to learn is to turn the macro recorder on and then do what you want manually. Then turn the macro recorder off and look at the code. Bob L wrote: > > Is there anyone out there that can teach me how to do this? -- Dave Peterson If you record a macro while doing you will get something you can boil down to something like this. Workbooks.OpenText Filename:=ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\" & [wbtoget], Origin:=437, _ StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlDelimited, TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, _ ...

outlook express not able to read news -- help wanted
I use outlook express 6 to read news. Before installing WINXPSP2 it worked great but after that installation it no longer does. When I enter a news group by clicking on its name I get the list of posts as usual, but as soon as the list is loaded the group is closed and I'm back to the list of my subscribed groups. Is there anyone who knows a fix to this problem? cheers, mortb mortb <siggepigg@yahoo.com> wrote: > I use outlook express 6 to read news. Before installing WINXPSP2 it > worked great but after that installation it no longer does. > When I enter a news group by ...

Use hyperlink to open .xls read-only?
Excel 2003 SP3 on XP Pro SP3 I have a workbook I have created to use as an index to occasionally used workbooks using hyperlinks to create a point and click Document Index. It works well for why I created it; now I'd like the ability to encode some of the links to open read-only instead of read-write. I didn't find anything in the help files ... is this possible? Thanks in advance! Clif ...

Open read only but update when changes are made / refresh #2
Hi, If anyone can point in the right direction to answering this question, I would be very thankful. I was wondering if it's possible to lock an excel file and have other people open a read-only copy but have them recieve notifications when the locked file is updated. Is this possible? If you need any clarification, please ask. -Watson ...

I changed value scale numbers
I have a range of percentage data values ranging from 97% to 100% and the chart starts the bar graph at 97%. I tried to override the "scale" numbers but it goes back to start at 97%. I want it to start at 0% up to 100%. The only way I can get it to start at 0% is to put a value in the data table of 0% but then it shows on graph and I don't want that. Why when I change the minimum to 0 and max to 1 if refused to take it. It did not do this is the old 97 version of excel!!! thanks!!!!! After you enter a value, don't check the Auto box. Auto means let Excel decide what...

I simply want to enter a function but am having trouble with new v
...ion of Excel. I have used older (97) versions of Excel, and when I used to want to enter a simple function without using the given list of functions, I was able to do that. But I don't seem to be able to do that with my new version of Excel. In other words, if I want to make cell B2 equal to cell B1 times 5, I used to, while I was in cell B2, click on the "Fx" button. Then I would enter "B1 * 5" and be done with it. Now, I have to choose a function from the pull-down menu, and I can't seem to figure out a way around this. I'm sure there is, but I...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...

Reading Layout
How can I change my default attachment view from Reading Layout to Print View and use Word as the editor? Reading view is very small (maybe 60% size.) ...

Problems in Reading Xml output from WebPages
Hi, I have some problems in reading xml data using webrequest, response and dataset objects. This program i am executing from last 6 months its worked fine. but now its throwing some exceptions. First when i access the same old program its thrown, "Unable to read data from transport connection." After i checked the code its clear that there is no problem with the connection. Then i was decided to copy the file output to some xml file and tried to read that using dataset and it given a new error "The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, ...

If you ever thought of becoming a VAR or already a Small Var or Independent Consultant Please Read this
I just want to introduce our membership group to the Newsgroup. Our organization the Katalys Group offers a unique turn key solution to individuals looking to become a reseller. It is so unique that even the people we spoke with at Microsoft were impressed. By joining our organization you get all the major benefits of a reseller with reduced costs and increased benefits than if you were to start your own from scratch. We take care of all necessary certifications, customer referrals and other Microsoft requirements on your behalf. You will also earn 100% commissions on ALL Sales and yearly en...

Change Reading Pane and Arrange by Groups DEFAULT
I'm frequently creating new folders in OL2003 SP2, and each new folder is - by default - created with Reading Pane turned on, and Arrange by Groups turned on. I don't want either. Is there some way for me to change the default so I don't have to manualy change it every time? customize the default view - http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: ...

non-COM interop wanted
Hi all I am looking for a good tutorial or book on interop between .NET and MFC code. I saw only tutorials on COM interop. They did not cover non-COM interop. For example I need to call a MFC function from c#. It works when the parameter is int, but how can I pass a pointer to int? Or how to pass a MFC object. Thank you Vaclav ...

Want to copy / backup just contacts
What is the file name where Outlook stores the contacts? And where is it stored? All Outlook data is stored in the same file. The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d2101c3b2ab$9182b540$a401280a@phx.gbl... > What is the file name where Outlook stores the contacts? > And wher...

I can't read blue text for replies
I know how to change my fonts for outgoing messages - but I have difficulty reading the blue replies which come in to me. Does anybody know how I can configure Outlook so all incoming messages come in black? (I know I can highlight the blue text and change its formatting - I am looking for something automatic) Thanks!! > Does anybody know how I can configure Outlook > so all incoming messages come in black? Bad solution (but it works): You can try to turn on option "Read all mail in plain text". Tools / Options / E-mail Options / Read all mail in plain text. I'll try ...

Make Query or Linked Table Read Only
In Access 03 & 07 I have tables linked via ODBC to a MySQL database. Due to many security, DB, and vendor issues, I do not have an option to change the MySQL permissions or change the ODBC driver. I need to find a way to make the linked tables read-only (preferred) or at least make queries to those tables read-only. Simply locking the form's controls is not sufficient. I had users accidentally delete data in the MySQL anyway. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm bordering on having to scrap a 3 month project if I can't secure the data. Than...

Opening and Reading the locked files #3
Hi I need to backup some of the exclusive locked files. I have tried many ways to call CreateFile but it fails either by giving sharing violation or Access Denied. I have backup and restore privilege. What flags shall I CreateFile to open the locked File for backup In the below code I can atleast open the file but any changes to it are denied. HANDLE hfile = CreateFile(strFilename, READ_CONTROL, 0, 0,OPEN_EXISTING, FILE_FLAG_BACKUP_SEMANTICS, 0 ); Now this open's the file but ReadFile and BackupRead Fails. ReadFIles fails with exception CreateFile Failed : Access Denied. But I have a v...

Error: Unable to Read
I saved a file a few days ago, and now I can't open it-- when I do it comes up with the error "Unable to Read File". Can anyone help? Hi any chance you open the file from a floppy disc? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Pat wrote: > I saved a file a few days ago, and now I can't open it-- > when I do it comes up with the error "Unable to Read > File". Can anyone help? What version of excel are you using? If the sender used xl97 (or greater) and you're using xl95, then ask the sender to save it in xl95 format. If you're both using...

Starting to read xml part way through a file

I want to link sheets in excel to a master sheet in excel
I have 12 sheets, 1 fr each month of the year showing hourly data. I want to create 13th master sheet with advance filter linking the 12 sheets so that i can get data form criteria "date from, date to" and "time from, time to". How do i Link the Sheets? for Advance filter? I use Excel 2007. AdvancedFilter wont link your sheets, but Consolidation might; http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/consolidate.htm "RASHID EXCEL QUERY" <RASHID EXCEL QUERY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AC8826A-05AD-423B-902C-E5A27C322574@microsoft.com... &g...

Files open as read only
Dear all We have a network share with hundreds of Excel spreadsheets that individuals access and update regularly. The files are protected worksheets with only certain cells that the individuals can write to. They should then save the file to overwrite the original. All users are set up to have special rights so that they can access and modify the files. However, some (possibly all) Excel 2000 users open the files and they appear as 'Read only' so the users cannot save their changes. Please can anyone help? I have seen a suggestion that the server's temp folder may need emtying,...

Problem reading in MS Access
I had a routine in Microsoft Access 2000 that worked once upon a time and I can't think of what could have made it stop working. here is what I have: Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim nms As Outlook.NameSpace Dim fld As Outlook.MAPIFolder Dim itms As Outlook.Items Dim itm As Outlook.MailItem Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") I am using this to loop through the Inbox and look for a specific subject line. I now get the error: ActiveX component can't create object that occurs at the Set statement. and it is happening on more than one computer ...

Unable to read downloaded transactions on Money 2003
I am using Money 2003 on win XP. I have had no problems viewing downloaded transactions before. Over the last few days, I have not been able to read downloaded transactions especially in one of my bank accounts. It keeps saying that I have transactions to view but they do not show up in the register. Based on what I have read in this message board, I have cleaned out my internet explorer temp files and I have run "msmoney -s". I am still having problems. In fact, when I run "msmoney - s" then program crashes and asks me to send an error report to microsoft. Than...