I need a derived ClistCtrl...

All, I use CListCtrls in my app extensively.  I now need a control whereby I
can have one row which effectively has a number of child rows.

Ideally what I want is a [+] sign on one of the rows ala-tree control which
when clicked inserts a number of child rows below it with a kind of
parent-child relationship.

The scenario I have is that each server has many processes, I want to show
both the server and all the processes in this CListCtrl but still have a
notion of some relationship.

Does anyone know of such a control?

PT

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This may help

http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/ctreelistctrl.asp
http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/treelistcode.asp

--

With Regards
Alok Gupta

                           "I Believe this will Help"
"Paul Tomlinson" <rubberducky703@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> All, I use CListCtrls in my app extensively.  I now need a control whereby
> can have one row which effectively has a number of child rows.
>
> Ideally what I want is a [+] sign on one of the rows ala-tree control
which
> when clicked inserts a number of child rows below it with a kind of
> parent-child relationship.
>
> The scenario I have is that each server has many processes, I want to show
> both the server and all the processes in this CListCtrl but still have a
> notion of some relationship.
>
> Does anyone know of such a control?
>
> PT

0
thatsalok1 (226)

Help with Payroll Formulat Needed
Hello. I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that tracks vacation pay and sick pay for the HR department. The problem I am running into is one of formula syntax. For sick time we start accruing from the date of hire, but an employee doesn't become eligible to use it till after they have been here for 90 days. We accrue sick days at .013699 per day worked and cap the number of accrued sick days at 10 no matter how many days the employee has worked. I'm having problems inclding the cap in the syntax of the formula So what I have is... Cell D5 is the Number of Days worked. In cell...

I need an hourglass symbol for my word document
I have looked through the symbols section in microsoft word and cannot find one, I cvannot use clipart as it is for another document Wingdings has an hourglass character. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Mints" <Mints@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB3AA679-6F5B-44E1-91BA-C1CEDD19A561@microsoft.com... >I have looked through the symbols section in microsoft word and cannot find > one, I cvannot use clipart as it is for another document ...

Need MFC 4.2 Ordinal/Name list
I need to be able to find out which function is Ordinal 999, etc. Does anyone have a source? Take a look at MFC??.def file. It has the ordinals and function names in it. That should do it. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Pivot Table Guru Needed!!
I need some help with a pivot table. The data rows look like this: Project Year, Project Name, Project Amount I have the projects in rows and the year in columns, the amount as th data item. I'm having trouble getting the variance between years to appear on th same row as the project like this: Name 2004 2005 Variance Project 1 $500 $600 $100 Project 2 $150 $100 ($50) Total $650 $700 $50 I can get the variance on a second line, but not the same line. An help would be greatly appreciated! Stev -- Hook ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hooks'...

ARGH! need help with TOOLTIPS...
I'm using the MFC EnableTooltips() / OnToolHitTest() mechanism in my window. Everything seems to work except one scenario. 1) I mouse over a toolbar button OK 2) the tooltip shows up OK 3) I press the left mouse button OK 4) the tooltip goes away OK 5) the toolbar button dropdown appears OK 6) I close the dropdrop down with the mouse over the original toolbar button OK 7) no tooltip appears ERROR! (it may sometimes appear if I move the mouse 1 pixel) how can I get the tooltip to automatically reappear? seems something is weird if I need to move it one pixel to regen the tooltip. Some...

Need to create a data field linked across the entire workbook
Hello there, I need to create a workbook with a text field that is linked across the entire workbook. However, should any changes be made on any one of the worksheets, I need the text field to automatically update the text fields on all the other worksheets in the workbook. The text field is to remain at the bottom of all the worksheets. Any ideas on how I may achieve this? My apologies if my explanation is a little muddled - new to the jargon of Excel. Many thanks in advance for your help. hi. use a formula. if you have text on sheet1 in cell b2 then on sheet2 any cell enter: =shee...

dialog within a dialog, child is not derived, how ?
I'd like to know how to embed a child dialog (&propertypage) within a parent dialog (&propertypage) without having to derive a class for the child dialog (&propertypage). Can someone show me how I can re-direct control messages back down to the parent dialog (&propertypage)? Regards, Scott. wink.dinkerson@gmail.com wrote: > I'd like to know how to embed a child dialog (&propertypage) within a > parent dialog (&propertypage) without having to derive a class for the > child dialog (&propertypage). > > Can someone show me how I can re-dire...

Not what I needed
I am looking for a formula I can use to extract this list, not a copy and paste. I would like to have a formula I can use to extract the unique items in a list. I am not sure I like the tone of your last posting, this is a peer to peer NG and not paid MS support Anyway I assume you are new to this, list in Sheet2 A2:A100, assume you want this in Sheet1 A2 going down array enter this formula in Sheet1 A2 and copy down until you get an error =INDEX(Sheet2!$A$2:$A$100,MATCH(0,COUNTIF($A$1:A1,Sheet2!$A$2:$A$100),0)) (array enter = ctrl + shift & enter) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom ...

Need help with style sets
Sorry, but I'm just not assmilating the styles model in Word 2007. What is a Quick Style, and how does it differ from a non-Quick Style? Are Quick Styles what appear in the gallery of styles in the Styles block of the Home tab? What is special about them other than appearing in the gallery? Why should I use them? (I find the Styles window easier to use.) Why do styles appear in the Quick Style gallery even if they are not used, whereas if I open the Styles window it only shows the styles in use? How can I know what styles are available to me for a given style set? How...

POP3? SMTP? Need 101 HELP
Hey there !!! I am trying to set up my email account on outlook, for my very small home business. I am completely dumb when it comes to computers. I am wondering what is POP3 and SMTP? And where do I find the corrent thing to put in those boxes when I am setting up my email? What would be the easiest step by step way of getting this working? Go to your ISP's web site and look there. Most ISPs will post = directions for connecting most of the major mail clients. If they do = not have Outlook listed (no version listed from you either) then use the = Outlook Express settings - they ar...

Need help with a formula!
Hello, I have a large worksheet with data (columns "A", "B", "C", "D" "E", "F" & "G"). (I'm using only a few records for reference). Here are the columns: Quote Quote Quote STD STD ENG ENG Type Number Status OPEN CLOSED OPEN CLOSED STD Q090001 CLOSED formula formula formula formula ENG Q090002 CLOSED STD Q090003 CLOSED STD Q090004 OPEN STD Q090005 CLOSED ENG Q090006 CLOSED ENG Q090007 CLOSED STD Q090008 CLOSED STD Q090009 OPEN ENG Q100001 OPEN STD Q100002 CLOSED STD Q100003 CLOSED ENG Q100004 ...

help needed for sorting
I have an excel file with names in Column 'A' which starts with "MR " O "MRS " as prefix. and I have the formula in B as follows. IF(A1="","",IF(LEFT(A1,3)="MR ",MID(A1,4,LEN(A1)-3),IF(LEFT(A1,4)="MR ",MID(A1,5,LEN(A1)-4),A1))) It works perfect and I am running the following macro to sort column B alphabeticaly but after sorting, the empty rows are apprearing at beginning. Ca anyone help me??????? Sub Macro4() Range("A1:B" & Range("B500").End(xlUp).Row).Select Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("b1"...

workflow designer needs improvement
It's a real pain to modify existing workflow. It would be nice to be able to drag and drop existing workflow lines, shuffling them around and more easily insert if-then-else code after the fact. The entire workflow designer needs to be revamped. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agr...

Report needed to reconcile project related accounts
Like we have the stock status to reconcile the inventory asset account and the payables and sales trial balance reports to reconcile to the G/L payables liability and receivables asset accounts, we need a project trial balance that will allow us to reconcile the WIP, Billings and Losses accounts. When we have run all FP project cost transactions through RR, these three accounts (or sets of accounts) should net to zero. But how do we reconcile them to the project detail? The reconcile report (report off project detail) should just show the amounts per account based on non-closed projec...

need to make cell blank if no data in that row
I have a data in columns, I want data to be shown only if there is data in that row if no data then leave it blank (here is what I am asking for) Stock trade Gain/Loss Gain/Loss all trades abc 4.18% 4.18% def 3.77% 7.95% [no trade] N/A 7.95% [no trade] N/A 7.95% i want trade column to appear blank in cell of gain/loss for all trade instead of showing 7.95%. if no trade made If there is no data but the formula is in column, third line shows 7.95%, 4th line shows 7.95%, 5th line 7.95...

Need to remove "/" from a date programatically.
I am trying to automate exporting a couple of reports to Excell. The output file name will be the recipients initials, i.e. DZ with the date of the export appended to it. DZ122909 I can get the date from a date control on the form initiating the Sub, but I can find nothing on how to find and remove characters from a string. Is this possible with Access and can you point me in the right direction? Thanks, Hi Weeble, Have you tried using the Format function? Something like this: Format(Date(),"mmddyyyy") Tom Wickerath Microsoft Access MVP http://www.acc...

Which setting do I need to adjust
I've noticed that when using my default browser IE 8 and I click on a link that is suppose to start a download, it doesn't. When I click on the same link in firefox the download starts like it should. Can anyone tell me what setting in IE 8 is preventing the download from starting? on the page it says "Downloading: 50fpct-Just4freeplanet.com.rar | 34.7 MB" but in IE 8 it isn't downloading. It also isn't asking me if I want to allow IE 8 to download the file like it sometimes does. Thanks Shep wrote: > I've noticed that when using my d...

Need expert coding help with a debugging issue.
I've got a piece of code in a form on my front end db that updates a record in a table based on certain criteria. My problem is that this code seems to have a flaw in it that allows multiple instances of this code, running on different machines, to access the exact same record in the table, if the following conditions are met: 1. The code is executed at the exact same time 2. The record being updated in the target table has no current value The table has three fields: Bin Number, Vendor Name, and Count. My problem is that when Vendor Name is empty when the code is run by two users a...

Problems with MailMerge
I have a single Excel Workbook containing several Worksheets. I have a Word document for each Worksheet, and use MailMerge to incorporate the data from the Spreadsheet into the relativeWord document. I then created a master Word document to bring the various sections of the report together by including the various files that are the various Word documents. However when I do this the master document expects to get all MailMerge data from the same Worksheet and doesn't merge. Can I set things up such that each section of the report will get its data from a different Worksheet withi...

I need to have another connection string then the one in machine.config
Hello! Suppose I need to have a different connectionstring that the one that exist in machine.config. What is the best practice to do this ? Two alternative. 1. Change in machine.config not so good I suppose. 2. Create a web.config where you made your modifications. I would guess that alternative 2 is the best one. One more question. Should the machine.config file never be changed ? //Tony On Jan 4, 9:17=A0pm, "Tony Johansson" <johansson.anders...@telia.com> wrote: > Hello! > > Suppose I need to have a different connectionstring that the on...

CHTMLView help needed #3
I am trying to get CHTMLView to render HTML content loaded from a memory source instead of a file. The HTML I am trying is very simple and presumably I could use put_innerHTML. However I can't get it to work. I heard of a trick to use LoadFromResource on a small dummy html file in your resource so that GetHtmlDocument() will be set. That advice seemed to be true otherwise GetHtmlDocument() will return NULL if the browser hasn't been navigated to any URL yet. However get_body seems to always return NULL regardless (yes the html doc I used had body tags and even some content inside ...

Urgently need help with a formula!!!
Hello, I'm badly in need of some help with an excel formula. Essentially I need to check to see if the value of C7 is "Y" and if so for the formula then to look at D7 through to J7 and look for a value of "Yes". the total amount of "Yes" boxes should then be multiplied by J5 and the result shown in L7. It is for the purpose of a timesheet, I'm trying to calculate fuel allowances The Value C7 "Y" indicates that i drove and the values D7 through to J7 are days of the week Monday to Sunday, For each day i drove somewhere I enter "Yes" th...

Need Help with Out of Office Assistant
We would like to be able to set up Out of Office Assistant to allow internet replies, but we would rather not send replies to the spam email. I have been researching this topic and found where others have asked, but not gotten an answer or told to turn off the internet replies ability. Unfortunately, our customers are not on our network and reach our email through the internet. We don't allow replies to got out over the internet at this point in time due to the amount of junk email that comes along with the business email - so our customers are not notified when a person is out of the of...

Need advice on drop down menu
I am trying to create a dropdown menu in some cells in a column of a worksheet. What I envision is the end user will click the arrow for the drop down menu and see a 3 digit code with a description following the 3 digits. I have 2 columns that contain this info where the first column has the 3 digit code and the second column has the description. The user will select the item that they want and then only the 3 digit code will be displayed. I am using MS Excel 2000 and Windows 2000. Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html and look for Data Validation "Columns" -- Rega...

Need non-torrent link to Vista64 Recovery CD
For some reason Comcast is not allowing me to download torrents so I've been googling for a direct link to the Vista64 recovery CD but the few I've come across are for x32 or are unspecified. I'd like someone to point me to a non-torrent download to the x64 version. Thanks. P.S. COMCAST RECENTLY WON A LAWSUIT THAT WAS FILED AGAINST THEM BY THE U.S.D.O.J. WHICH SEEKED 2 IMPOSE NETNEWTRALITY ON THEM, AS A RESULT COMCAST IS ALLOWED 2 BLOCK TORRENTS AS STATED BY A FEDERAL JUDGE! "M.L." wrote: > > For some reason Comcast is not allowing me to downloa...