HtmlHelp doesn't shoe the right page

I have a CDialog based application and i called

         HtmlHelp(this->m_hWnd,
                  helpFilePath,
                  HH_HELP_CONTEXT,
                  dwData);

in my WinHelp method.  I checked the helpFilePath contains the right path,
"c:\myapp\hlp\help.chm" and the dwData contains a right Help ID.  I checked
..ali file, it contains correct information, like
HID_CALL = Directory\Call.htm
and in my hlp directory, it has a folder called Directory and has Call.htm.
However, the HtmlHelp always return NULL.  Would you please give me any ideas
why the help doesn't show up? Anything I should check?

I tired
         HtmlHelp(this->m_hWnd,
                  helpFilePath,
                  HH_HELP_FINDER,
                  0);

it showed the help window, but the  HH_HELP_CONTEXT doesnt' work

Thank you

0
smo7k (13)
9/28/2005 7:36:03 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

smo7k,

> I have a CDialog based application and i called
>
>          HtmlHelp(this->m_hWnd,
>                   helpFilePath,
>                   HH_HELP_CONTEXT,
>                   dwData);
>
> in my WinHelp method.  I checked the helpFilePath contains the right path,
> "c:\myapp\hlp\help.chm" and the dwData contains a right Help ID.  I checked
> .ali file, it contains correct information, like
> HID_CALL = Directory\Call.htm
> and in my hlp directory, it has a folder called Directory and has Call.htm.
> However, the HtmlHelp always return NULL.

Does your project (.hhp) file contain a [MAP] section that maps the
context integers passed by your application to the topic IDs declared
in the [ALIAS] section? This is required in order for HH_HELP_CONTEXT
calls to work. See these pages for more information:

http://www.mvps.org/htmlhelpcenter/htmlhelp/hhtutorials.html#mapping
http://helpware.net/htmlhelp/how_to_context.htm

--
Pete (Microsoft Help MVP)

0
PD.Lees (38)

budget summary page
I'm a little confused when I look at my budget summary page for last month. For Total Income: It says 8000 But the budget category "Wages and Salary" shows 6000. (this is the correct amount). I have no other Income, and nothing else under Wages and Salary. So where is this 2K discrepancy coming from? Thanks. I thought the same thing but I had a transaction in my account that was an income that wasn't in my planned budget.... Look was what budgeted and the actual income.... and then try to find the transaction Good luck "CK" wrote: > I'm a little c...

Moving a page from one publication to another
I am using Publisher 2003. I have a page I wish to copy from one publisher file to another one. Merge might be the term. I have tried copying & pasting, but I can't seem to work with the new page like one I created. It acts like a picture. The page is quite complicated and would take a very long time to recreate it again in my new publication. An added complication is the page I wish to transfer to my new publication was on a CD & I have since 'saved' it to my hard drive. Does this make a difference? What to do? Thanks in advance for your invaluable help, Cora...

printing 100 pages of word file
I want to print 100 pages of a word file. I want to print two pages per sheet. I also want to use the front and back of the sheet. First i want to print odd pages (front of sheet) and then even pages (back of sheet). However when I do that the printed back of the sheet is upside down with respect to the printed front of the sheet. How to prevent this upside down problem? -- labview1958 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ labview1958's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32123 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...

IE 9
I have Win XP3 / 64-bit......IE6 I have tried IE 8 but didn't like it, so went back to the tried and true. Seems now sites are not supporting IE6 so we user won't be able to see their sites without upgrading. Is there any spec page that will tell us what it's going to have and not have ? My dislike of IE8 was the way the favorites showed up when you wanted to save a link. IE6 it opened with just the folders and made it very easy to find where you wanted to put the link. IE8 opened "every" folder one has in their favorites. I would have to go up and d...

Right Margin gets cut off when printing a tri-fold brochure
Why is it that when I attempt to print a tri-fold brochure on my HP Deskjet 1220c, all the preset margins on the brochure template print just fine except the right margin. The right margin is invariably cut off and is approx. .5" instead of the preset margin of .25"? What are your printer's limitation? Open WordPad, file, page setup, input zero into the margin settings, WordPad will default to your printer's margin limitation. You will have to adjust your brochure accordingly. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.mic...

Export Mailbox Rights
Ehlo there; Is there any way to export mailbox rights (Ex2000)? � la ldifde exports or cacls... We have issues with some people missing the self rights (even though we have been running Nomass) and we need to fix them. So, I would like to export the stuff to find out the problematic ones. BR TT The rights on the root of the mailboxes are stored in the AD in the msExchMailboxSecurityDescriptor property as a regular NT Security Descriptor object. Glen Scales has some code that will read the information from this: http://gsexdev.blogspot.com/2005/04/reverse-msexchmailboxsecuritydescr...

Getting space between text and right border. " " not working.
I have a =NOW() cell formatted as: yyyy.mm.dd.ddd., hh"h"mm but even when I make it: yyyy.mm.dd.ddd., hh"h"mm" " I don't get any more space between the end of the time and the right-hand border and it's printing too close to the edge. What is the fix for this one, pls? Thank you! :oD Try turning wraptext off. It seemed to make a difference in xl2003. StargateFanFromWork wrote: > > I have a =NOW() cell formatted as: > > yyyy.mm.dd.ddd., hh"h"mm > > but even when I make it: > > yyyy.mm.dd.ddd., hh"h&q...

each cell is printing as an individual page
I created a new spreadsheet and it was working just fine when I put it away. now when I open it and try to print it all the cells want to print as individual pages. does any one know what can cause this? hi, first time i ever heard of that. just reset the print area. high light the area you want printed goto file>print area>set print area >-----Original Message----- >I created a new spreadsheet and it was working just fine >when I put it away. now when I open it and try to print it >all the cells want to print as individual pages. does any >one know what can c...

simple xsl for creating aspx page
Hello I know nothing of XSL but was wondering if it was possible to do the following: Given an XML template: <template> <register TagPrefix="whatever" TagName="Template" src="Common/Template.ascx" /> <page language="c#" /> <usercontrol tag="whatever:Template" ID="header" Runat="server" Type="header" /> <form id="form1" method="post" runat="server"> <h1>some text here</h1> testing </form> <usercontrol tag="whatever...

Excel 2000 under Terminal Services 2003
I am unable to drag and move page breaks in Excel page break preview under Windows 2003 Terminal Services. Any help please ...

How to Page Break correctly in Report Writer?
I have a customer statement modified report in GP and I am trying to get the report to Page Break when it goes to next customer record, because obviouslly I cannot have 2 customers on same page. So I created a additional footer in Section Options and set it to Page Break on Customer Number. That is working fine, it does page break when customer record changes. But when I have a customer that has 2 pages worth of invoices listed, on the 2nd page header it will list the Name of the following customer. Why is that? For example, I have a customer called ABC and XYZ. It will print the 1st ...

Mutliple Page Number sets
I'm setting up a book to go out to short run press. Using publisher because I get it through license for super cheap, so it didn't make sense to purchase an expensive publishing suite. But I want to do some things with the page numbers that I can't figure out to do. I want and intro and foreword to be in roman numerals, and then the main body of the text to have regular page numbers. What I really can't figure out though, is how to get the page numbers to start on "1" with the first page (currently starting on 11. I have Master Sheets applies to the differ...

2 Page Master
I Want to split a 2 page master that i set up in publisher 2003. set up to print on 17x12 paper, page 2&14 our on the same page.3&12 are on the same page. How can i split them. Thank ...Merle ...

When I insert a table the text after in moves to the next page
I would be grateful for any help! I am using styles formatting and am doing a report. When I insert a table the text moves to the next page, what ever I do. It is driving me mad! I can't find a style option for tables and can't seem to save the table as a new style Adding new contents would move existing contents down the page, or even to the next page if there isn't room on the current page... Display nonprinting marks, for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8 (acts as a toggle). Are there any blank paragraphs (�) on the page? If so, remove them. Your text paragra...

CTRL+PAGE UP/DOWN isn't working. Any advice? #2
Hi Rob, Sorry about the lagged response. I was away for a while. In Dell's communitybulletin boards, I found a suggested fix tha requires you to remove some screws from your laptop that would allo you to lift the keyboard and secure a connection from your keyboard t the (...I think) motherboard. You might try checking Dell's communit help boards for these and other bits of advice. Although I don't hav the heart to try it, it seemed to work for others. All in all, I'm inclined to believe that something's up with Dell' laptop keyboards. I hope this helps, tett...

print a certain row as the header on each page
I would like to print the same row on each page as the top row. It is not the top row on the first page. Michelle, Go to File/Page Setup Under Page Setup go the the Sheet tab For the selection - Rows to repeat at top, go the cell reference and select whatever row you want to repeat. hope that helps. Max -- MAX258 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MAX258's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476017 ...

Outlook 2000
Hi, I have a problem with my Outlook 2000. As I often receive long Emails containing the complete discussion thread, I somethimes only want to print the first page. However different to all other Applications, Outlook denies the Option to select or restrict the amount of printed pages, only 'even or odd' pages can be selected. Does anyone has a clue? Bye, Tobias ...

In Pup2003, why can't i right click on text? I use to be able to
In Pup2003, why can't i right click on text? I use to be able to. I can in any other program. HELP Did you try selecting the text box? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "mt12" <mt12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A3AC76B-27B7-4E77-9CDB-308A5EF5257F@microsoft.com... > In Pup2003, why can't i right click on text? I use to be able to. I can in > any other program. HELP ...

Page Set UP
Hi..I have a user who has Page Setup appearing 8 times when they click on File. How would I go about getting rid of that? -- Needin'''' some help! "Matto" <Matto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF72F1EA-21F3-4784-86CB-02DA05A66AD4@microsoft.com... > Hi..I have a user who has Page Setup appearing 8 times when they click on > File. > How would I go about getting rid of that? Is this for Outlook's File menu? If so, try starting Outlook in safe mode (hold Ctrl when starting it) to see if the behavior changes. -- B...

I cannot get my sheet to fit the page
I have followed all formatting suggestions but in printing landscape, onto an 8.5 x 11" page, my worksheet still doesn't fit the entire page and is too small to read, the spaces aren't adequate enough. I have tried adjusting row height, and if I choose the scaling option then the end of my columns spill onto another page....help! I use excel 2003 and if the sheet will not fit the page, is to small to see print, then how else would you make it fit on one page but to make it even smaller. What are you actually asking for. The adjustments that have available are -- margins...

Page Numbering in Locked Template
I have a word locked template form which I have inserted the page numbering. When someone is completing the form and they have a lot of information the document goes from 3 pages to 4 pages, yet the page numbering on the last page will not change. It is page x of y field but the last page still reads 4 of 3. Please help, thanks. I have got the number of pages working now, but the first page of the document is not to have numbering on it and it doesn't. So this is working. The problem is that if this first page which does not have numbering on it (company only page) a...

Printing to Pdf driver From Excel 2007 produces blank page
I'm running Acrobat Professional 7 and have installed Office 2007. When I try to print a selection to a pdf using the Adobe PDF print driver the page it produces is blank. Any ideas about what's going on? Can I fix this or do I have to go back to Excel 2003 to make this work again? ...

adding top and right axes
Is it possible to add a right and top axis line so that the graph is totally within a box? Hi Bonnie, If you only require a box then the plot area border will do this. If you want the axis values and labels repeated then you will have to enable the secondary axes. In order to do this you will need a second set of data in your chart. Once you have added a new data series you can format this to be plotted on the secondary axis. Select series, CTRL+1 to display format dialog, on axis tab select secondary. Now right click within the chart area and choose Chart options. On the Axis tab the ...

Print merge stops after 10 pages in Pub2003
I am trying to do some very large merges in Publisher, and queue the result to Adobe PDF. (and yes, I need Publisher for aspect of the document rather than Word.) When I use "print merge" it prints rapidly, but only prints 10 pages to the named file, and then prompts for a different file for each 10 pages. I can repeat the behavior on Windows XP Pro, Windows XP Media Ctr and on a Windows 2003 server. I can do a mail/catalog merge to another Publisher file, and then print it to Adobe PDF, but it takes FOREVER to print to PDF. WHY does print merge quit after 10 sheets? Ther...

Web Page Login Page
Does anyone know how to create a login page iwhen developing a web page in Publisher 2003 ? MadPuppy looking for help That is a server side function. Go to your host and read the FAQs or other documentation on password protected folders. DavidF "MadPuppy" <MadPuppy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90CEF2D4-973E-4F7F-AAF1-33BCFBCFCA85@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to create a login page iwhen developing a web page in > Publisher 2003 ? > > MadPuppy looking for help Some good information here. It's from my ISP. http://www.i...