HowTo: generate Application using new XP-Controls

Hi,
when I generate a new Dialog application with the MFC wizard I get an application that does not show the new XP-Controls although I have checked the "Genrate Manifest" checkbox and the startup code also includes the call to InitCommonControlsEx() (with dwICC = ICC_WIN95_CLASSES | ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES). What is wrong? Why don't I see the control styles of ComCtl32.dll Version 6 ???
(My env: VS2005 SP1, WinXP SP2)

Thanks for your help!
Regards, hd
0
Harald
10/26/2007 1:29:17 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>when I generate a new Dialog application with the MFC wizard I get an application that does not show the new XP-Controls although I have checked the "Genrate Manifest" checkbox and the startup code also includes the call to InitCommonControlsEx() (with dwICC = ICC_WIN95_CLASSES | ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES). What is wrong? Why don't I see the control styles of ComCtl32.dll Version 6 ???
>(My env: VS2005 SP1, WinXP SP2)

Is it a Unicode or MBCS build? The common control manifest is only
normally included in Unicode builds - because the V6 common controls
are only supported in Unicode (there's a bug in the edit control when
used as non-Unicode).

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
10/26/2007 2:56:26 PM
David Lowndes wrote:
>> when I generate a new Dialog application with the MFC wizard I get an application that does not show the new XP-Controls although I have checked the "Genrate Manifest" checkbox and the startup code also includes the call to InitCommonControlsEx() (with dwICC = ICC_WIN95_CLASSES | ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES). What is wrong? Why don't I see the control styles of ComCtl32.dll Version 6 ???
>> (My env: VS2005 SP1, WinXP SP2)
>
> Is it a Unicode or MBCS build? The common control manifest is only
> normally included in Unicode builds - because the V6 common controls
> are only supported in Unicode (there's a bug in the edit control when
> used as non-Unicode).

I don't know about the 'generate' switch. But I have added the manifest:
***
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
<assemblyIdentity
     version="1.0.0.0"
     processorArchitecture="X86"
     name="HighlandsElectronics.ReserveAnalyst.ars"
     type="win32"
/>
<description>Reserve Analyst Software</description>
<dependency>
     <dependentAssembly>
         <assemblyIdentity
             type="win32"
             name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
             version="6.0.0.0"
             processorArchitecture="X86"
             publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
             language="*"
         />
     </dependentAssembly>
</dependency>
</assembly>
***
To my build a long time ago and XP and Vista styles are just fine. Also,
I am still building non unicode as we only have a U.S. market. Someday
my work will be cut out for me. :) But, I've been preparing for years so
it may not be too bad.

There is an article on codeproject.com about adding this manifest manually.

Best, Dan.
0
public21 (290)

When Creating a new User, automatically add to Every Distribution List EXCH2000
Running Microsoft Exchange 2000. When we create a new user in Active Directory, how do we set it up so that user is automatically added to an "everyone" distribution list? Thanks. dvd9@excite.com (dvd9) wrote in message news:<dc01a796.0405120752.782d5ce8@posting.google.com>... > Running Microsoft Exchange 2000. When we create a new user in Active > Directory, how do we set it up so that user is automatically added to > an "everyone" distribution list? Thanks. Bump and posting to exchange.setup Anyone? ...

what is the use of this

New CRM users can use the outlook client but Can't login to the CRM-Web
We have been using CRM for sometime and most of our users are working with the outlook client with a small number using the Web side of thing. I was asked to create a CRM account for a new associate last week. I am not sure what I could have screwed up because he cant login to the web page, it just keeps prompting him for his login info. I RD'd into his station and saw the re-prompting just as he explained. I then tried to login in with my account and it worked fine. The only difference between the two is that the last CRM account I was asked to create was about 3 Mo ago. There have ...

How to generate random numbers
Hi all, How to generate random numbers without repetation in specified range. I want to generate 10 random numbers 1 to 10 with out repeatation. Can any one help me out. Thanks in advance, Jagadeesh. use Rand() and store the number, call it again and again until there is no repeat. // Seed only once in your program!! srand((unsigned)time(NULL)); // Set range limits (100 -> 400 inclusive). int RANGE_MIN = 100; int RANGE_MAX = 400; CWordArray waRandomNumbers; // Set a get out clause incase we spin forever. int iTryLimit = 1000; while( iTryLimit > 0 && waRandomN...

How do I use my arrow buttons to move cells
I have Office XP, and when I use my arrow buttons it scroll my worksheet up and down, left and right, instead of moving to the cell in selected direction. Example: When I use my right arrow button, I stay in the same cell, but the worksheet scrolls to the right. Instead, when I hit the Right arrow button I would like to move cells. eg. Go from A1 to A2 using right arrow. Brad You're gonna slap your forehead over this one<g> Scroll Lock is turned on. See the SCRL in bottom right side of Status Bar. Hit the ScrLk button to disable. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 5 Sep 200...

Pop Up Alert of New Email Message
How do I turn off the pop up announcement that appears when I am trying to write an email or even while I'm producing a document on MS Word? A pop up announcement alerting me that a new message has been received comes on and interrupts my work until I acknowledge receipt of the pop up.Thanks to anyone out there who can help me with this one. You can disable this by going to; Tools -> Options -> tab Preferences -> button E-mail Options -> button Advanced E-mail Options -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Cre...

Countif using less than or greater than criteria
I have a list of data in cells d11:d15. I want to be able to count how many of the data points fall within a certain numeric range (ie less than 100 but greater than 50) but I want to be able to reference a specific cell containing the criteria rather than using '100' or '50' in the formula. In my worksheet 50 is in cell I2 and 100 is in cell K2. Try this: =COUNTIF(D11:D15,"<"&K2)-COUNTIF(D11:D15,"<="&I2) Does that help? -------------------------- Regards, Ron Microsoft MVP (Excel) (XL2003, Win XP) "Kim B." <KimB@dis...

new operator with deep class structure
Hi, I generated C# classes from some complex XMLSchemas usind xsd.exe. The result is that I get a class hierarchy that is quite deep (well for me 8 levels are deep). What I'm curiuos about is, that if I create an instance of my top level element I still need to create instances of all sub-elements. What would be the best way to do some sort of "deep new" operator, that recursively creates instances for all sub-classes (the complete structure consists of 89 different classes). Lets say my class structure is like Top +-->Sub1 +-->Sub1_1 +-->Sub1_2 +-->Sub2...

working out which colour text is used to populate a cell
Hi all, Fingers crossed someone out there will be able to help me. I have been tasked to provide a spreadsheet at work to monitor a number of applications and written applications that we receive and the number of days we respond by. I have the following cells ‘application received’(Cell B), ‘enquiry received’(Cell C), ‘date completed’(Cell E) I then have the following formula in Cell H =NETWORKDAYS(IF(B4<>"",B4,C4),E4,$A$119:$A$158) which determines which cell has the date in (B or C) and then works out the number of days it has taken looking at cell E (the...

Unicode "private use" glyphs in Powerpoint and Word 2008

Execution of application inside a window
Hi How can I force an application A (windows based) to execute with the window of Application B. Regards Anjna Follow these simple step. 1. Run application A with SW_HIDE(You can call ShellExecute or WinExec). 2. Find a window which application A created(You can call FindWindow API). 3. Change the window parent to a window of application B(You can call SetParent API). 4. Now, you should show the window(You can call ShowWindow API). "ak" <anjnakhanna@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e7YRINulEHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi > > How can I force an applicatio...

import new tasks from CSV?
Is it possible to import new tasks from a CSV? I have worked out how to modify tasks in a csv and import them in to modify the exisiting tasks,.... but is it possible to import brand new tasks? Regards Ian Hi Ian, Yes, it's possible to import brand new task from a csv. But setting the regarding field will be challenge, probably you need to use the automap feature. Which means your column name in your CSV must be the same as the display name on the task form. The default import tool in CRM doesn't have great flexibility in linking up the record. Try to use the Data migration t...

help! first timer adding a new acct
help! looking for a little wisdom here-- my fiance and i are trying to combine budgets, and he's already loaded his financial info into Money. i'm digging into it for the first time, and i'm wondering, do i set myself up as a separate file, or somehow add my info to his? we have this crazy idea that by tracking our finances, we MIGHT get together a budget, and MIGHT just be able to compile a wedding budget. thank you! Here's the lowdown on the two choices you've already identified: 1) Joint file: great for managing your expenses jointly, but you will both hav...

How to XPStyles to be retained when the theme is classic on an XP Machine
Hi Everybody, I am working on an application that was developed in VC++ 6.0. It was migrated to VC++ 7.0 to have the .Net Support. The application's GUI looks very old and dull when I loaded XP in my machine with XP theme .To Make it look fresh I added the Manifest.xml and now it looks fresh with the rounded rectangles and shades. The PROBLEM that I face now is when someone goes and changes the theme of the system to "Windows Classic" using Control Panel/ Desktop properties the entire new look goes off and it again starts looking the same. Can somebody help me as to what I sh...

Microsoft CRM Server should not be installed on a Domain Controller
Hello, All! I want to install MS CRM v1.2 for my company. The proposed server configuration will be as follows: Server #1 - Windows 2003 Enterprise - Domain Controller (DC) - CRM v1.2 - SQL 2000 - Exchange 2003 - CRM Exchange Routing Engine However, the MS CRM planning documentation states "Microsoft CRM Server should not be installed on a Domain Controller". The documentation does not state you cannot do this, just that you "should not". I'm sure there is a logical explanation for why this should not be done? I really do not wish to bring a second server online...

Convert or use .mas file
I have received a .mas file, presumably an access stored procedure shortcut, and it opens with access on double click, but I cannot seem to get at any of the data in it. Inspection with notepad shows that there is table-type data in it, which I'd like to extract. Does anybody here know how to do this? Tx -- John ...

Using excel if function on a pricing spreadsheet
I am trying to simplify a pricing spreadsheet that I use at work. I a using the following criteria; the $ value of a product, the descriptio of a product that I have on a cost page. What I want to do is when type in the description of product X in a specific cell, I want the value of that product returned to another specific cell. Example: Lexan14SS (in a cell); 1.75 ($ value in another cell). On a pricing spreadsheet I type in Lexan14SS and I want that specific value returned to another cell. Of course though i will have mutipl product descriptions and prices to go along with those produc...

how to show a tool tip for a CEdit control
Hi, I have derived a class from CEdit class in which user can display only hexadeceimal characters (i.e. 0-9, A-F(a-f) X(x). I want to display a tooltip if user enters any other charactedr than a hex character. Can anyone tell me how can I do this? Regards, Bhavik I am not sure tooltip is a good idea. Typically tooltip comes as you hover over a specific area/window and then it goes away due to some user action or after a specified time duration. For what you are doing, it appears you want to notify the user somehow of the invalid characters being entered without really stopping the flow....

Grouping Data to New Work Book
Hi I would be grateful if someone could help me with this problem please... I cuurently have a workbook with the sheets designed as a diary (each sheet being one date. On each row of a partiuclar sheet i enter different jobs under various headings in the columns One of the columns is for a persons payroll number and is unique to that person. What i am trying to do is to group all the entries for one person on to another worksheet so at the end of the month it will show all the jobs that person has done for the month. I have tried (very unsuccesfully!!) to do this myself so would really a...

using browsers from legacy computers and Macintoshes
Does anyone know if the CRM can be accessed from any browser? I am more interested in knowing if the IE 6 running on NT4 can access the CRM 1.2. Also it would be good to know if the latest version of IE on Macs can access the CRM. I would appreciate a quick response as we are about to make a decision in purchasing CRM 1.2. Thank, John Hi: AFAIK there is no official support for IE 6 on NT, but it SHOULD work...The Mac version of the browser won't work as it doesn't support the Active X controls needed for the interface... HTH. John. "john Smith" <smith@fakedomai...

Publish Mac iCal calendar to Exchange 2003 using WebDAV
Hello. My company has a couple og Mac OS X users, and they use Mac iCal as their calendering solution. The rest of us is using Exchange Server 2003 and the calendar in our mailbox. The Mac users also have Exchange mailboxes which they use for e-mail purposes (and empty calenders..) At http://www.apple.com/ical/share.html it states that the iCal calendars can be published to a WebDAV server, but I don't know how to do this. The Mac asks for the following parameters: Base URL, username and password. Has anybody done this before? Does something have to be done on the Exchange Server?...

cant open Excel 2000 workbook with macros in XP
H I cant open any excel spreadsheats with macros that were made previously the come up saying this has a macro from 4 cant open in high security environmen Can anyone help????????????? Try changing the security settings on the xp excel. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Murray Thompson" <murree@value.net.nz> wrote in message news:BE2D0018-BF40-4EF8-9394-390534E1AFB5@microsoft.com... > Hi > I cant open any excel spreadsheats with macros that were made previously the come up saying this has a macro from 4 cant open in high security environment > Can a...

setting up a new Internet message policy
would like to setup a new policy to allow an external company to receive read receipts. I have setup a new smtp policy under global settings > Internet Message Format. So I now have one that says Default domain * and the one below this that says external.domain.co.uk. The default one does not allow read receipts and the second one does. Unfortunately this does not work. Any ideas what I am missing? I've been looking around on the net and now I'm wondering if it is at all possible to set this up so external companies can receive read receipts. Can someone confirm if this...

Communications Between Program and Controlling Program
Hi All, I'm looking for feedback on the best way to code communications between Programs. The architecture we are looking at is similar to Symantec AV or others - a control program sends messages to the worker program on a different machine. The worker program communicates back when complete (with a result), and gets another chunk of work. The messages will be small. What will be communicated is as follows: Control Program: Control Program Start Control Program Stop (Worker queues messages) Control Program sends a piece of work when requested Worker Program: Worker Program Start Worke...

using excel functions in a macro
I have written my own function FindNominal (as below) in a macro in excel. I want to use this function repeatedly in my excel spreadsheet. Function FindNominal(NomCode) FindNominal = Vlookup(NomCode, IMPORTDOC, 5 false) End Function but it does NOT work. It reports Vlookup is not recognised. Do i need to write an import statement? IMPORTDOC is defined as a range of cells in excel by the name, define command. I take it this is acceptable? Thanks pls post in ONE group only -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "James Cornthwaite" <jamescornthwait...