HowTo: generate Application using new XP-Controls

Hi,
when I generate a new Dialog application with the MFC wizard I get an application that does not show the new XP-Controls although I have checked the "Genrate Manifest" checkbox and the startup code also includes the call to InitCommonControlsEx() (with dwICC = ICC_WIN95_CLASSES | ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES). What is wrong? Why don't I see the control styles of ComCtl32.dll Version 6 ???
(My env: VS2005 SP1, WinXP SP2)

Thanks for your help!
Regards, hd
0
Harald
10/26/2007 1:29:17 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>when I generate a new Dialog application with the MFC wizard I get an application that does not show the new XP-Controls although I have checked the "Genrate Manifest" checkbox and the startup code also includes the call to InitCommonControlsEx() (with dwICC = ICC_WIN95_CLASSES | ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES). What is wrong? Why don't I see the control styles of ComCtl32.dll Version 6 ???
>(My env: VS2005 SP1, WinXP SP2)

Is it a Unicode or MBCS build? The common control manifest is only
normally included in Unicode builds - because the V6 common controls
are only supported in Unicode (there's a bug in the edit control when
used as non-Unicode).

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
10/26/2007 2:56:26 PM
David Lowndes wrote:
>> when I generate a new Dialog application with the MFC wizard I get an application that does not show the new XP-Controls although I have checked the "Genrate Manifest" checkbox and the startup code also includes the call to InitCommonControlsEx() (with dwICC = ICC_WIN95_CLASSES | ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES). What is wrong? Why don't I see the control styles of ComCtl32.dll Version 6 ???
>> (My env: VS2005 SP1, WinXP SP2)
>
> Is it a Unicode or MBCS build? The common control manifest is only
> normally included in Unicode builds - because the V6 common controls
> are only supported in Unicode (there's a bug in the edit control when
> used as non-Unicode).

I don't know about the 'generate' switch. But I have added the manifest:
***
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
<assemblyIdentity
     version="1.0.0.0"
     processorArchitecture="X86"
     name="HighlandsElectronics.ReserveAnalyst.ars"
     type="win32"
/>
<description>Reserve Analyst Software</description>
<dependency>
     <dependentAssembly>
         <assemblyIdentity
             type="win32"
             name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
             version="6.0.0.0"
             processorArchitecture="X86"
             publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
             language="*"
         />
     </dependentAssembly>
</dependency>
</assembly>
***
To my build a long time ago and XP and Vista styles are just fine. Also,
I am still building non unicode as we only have a U.S. market. Someday
my work will be cut out for me. :) But, I've been preparing for years so
it may not be too bad.

There is an article on codeproject.com about adding this manifest manually.

Best, Dan.
0
public21 (290)