how we can retrieve the value of edit control of combobox.

hi guys, how r u, can you please tell me how we can retrieve the value
of  edit control of combo box. actually i want to allow the user to
input data in the combobox and then save this data in the database. i
don't want to select already exist data in list box of combobox.
please help me.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

raghunandan_1081@yahoo.com wrote:
> hi guys, how r u, can you please tell me how we can retrieve the value
> of  edit control of combo box. actually i want to allow the user to
> input data in the combobox and then save this data in the database. i
> don't want to select already exist data in list box of combobox.
> please help me.

Just call GetWindowText API

How can I activate cell shading in a protected worksheet?
I protected the spreadsheet that I was working on except for some cells that needed to be accessed by other employees. But I could not color shade the unprotected cells when worksheet protection is activated. Hi in Excel 2002 you can allow formatting in the 'Tools - Protection' dialog -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "unprotect cell shading" <unprotect cell shading@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D48D138C-3706-4315-97FB-F2E976FF2C95@microsoft.com... > I protected the spreadsheet that I was working on except for some cells that &g...

How to find & edit the e-mail address autocompletion cache/list #2
I would like to edit the e-mail address autocompletion drop-down list, where is the cache being saved? Thanks & regards, Macgyver TH Goh ...

Check if a value is legal
I have some fields I need to check against another table. The scenario: My users have been inputting data in my tables through queries up until now. i've realized I'm going to need a few lookuptables to verify their input, but there's some 10.000+ records that needs to be checked. So I've made the lookup tables but I thought I'd make it a little easier for my users to verify their data with a query that returns records with faults. I've made a query that returns al the NULL values and a continuous form that mark the empty but required fields with yellow b...

Outlook Express
All of a sudden, I can't get rid of the email in the deleted items file. How can I solve this? Open Up Trash - Try Shift Delete on some individual items, then select all and try shift delete on all items. I'm waiting on an answer here, but that has solved some problems in the past when the Outlook file had errors or my files were of too large of a size overall. I don't know if this will work for you - good luck! (Do you know anything about permissions, and restricted access, smiles) Peg ...

How to restor control on Administrative group
Hello, I have several MS Exchange 5.5 for each department we have one Exchange and one administrative group. We lost our server and in thats why we install MS Exchange 2003 (we have licences, but central organization didn't upgrade from 5.5 to 2003) and we connect it to our Administrative group and everything is working fine. But if I browse throught Exchange System Manager, I see all Administratives groups without colors (gray). If I create new admistrative group, that it is shown with colors (red). What means thet my Administrative group is gray? Does it mean, that I havent contr...

can we copy our "sheetnames" too?
Hi, The below code copies the content of our workbook sheets seperately as new workbooks, but saves the sheets with default "Sheet1", "Sheet2" name format. Can we also copy the used sheet names while copying? TIA Hi no code attached :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Martyn wrote: > Hi, > The below code copies the content of our workbook sheets seperately > as new workbooks, but saves the sheets with default "Sheet1", > "Sheet2" name format. Can we also copy the used sheet names while > copying? > TIA Hi, This is on...

Change Display Control on a Table Programmatically
First, let me begin by saying that I don't know VB. I have been trying to do this using a macro. I need to set the display control for a field in about a 100 tables. Currently, the Yes/No field has a Display Control of Text and I need it to be a check box. When I created a macro using the following actions, I get an error message that it doesn't recognize Tables!. Does this mean that I can only use run code for forms and reports. Please excuse me if the question is stupid. I am trying to muddle along until I can take a class. Open Table: City Design View Edit ...

Retrieve Records if a Value is Null/Empty in SQl Server 2005
select Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4, Field5, Field6 from Mytable I need to retrieve records if any of the listed filed value is empty/null. Try (assuming empty means blank string): SELECT col1, col2, col3 FROM Foo WHERE col1 IS NULL OR col1 = '' OR col2 IS NULL OR col2 = '' OR col3 IS NULL OR col3 = ''; -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com SELECT Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4, Field5, Field6 FROM Mytable WHERE ISNULL(Field1, '') = '' OR ISNULL(Field1, '') = '' OR ISNULL(Field1, '') = '&...

Getting a value
How can I get the value of only certain cells' formulas? This newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. Since Access doesn't have cells, I'm assuming you're talking about Excel. If that's that case, you'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Excel. If you do reposting, it would probably help the responder if you provided more details of what you're trying to do. Knowing what version of Excel you're using will probably help as well. -- Doug Steele, Microso...

can't open any hyperlink in my outlook 2007 anymore!!!
Hi, I reset recently my Explorer navigator Version 8; don't recall I touch my outlook set up 2007. But every time now I'm trying to double click on any mail I receive who has a hyperlink i.e. www.tomtom.com . I have this message below who’s appearing... Can you please help me to reset or add check mark on boxes I may have accidently uncheck, thank you “This operation has been canceled due to restriction in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. “(I will assume it is talking about my computer administrator!!!) Many thanks -- Kermor Kermo...

Published spreedsheet as web page BUT I can't see it over the Internet
Published page from Excel 2000 as html with spreadsheet functionality. My server (W2K server) is up to date with Service packs, patches and updates. The system I'm attempting to view the page from is also up to date. (W2K Pro) I can view WebPages being hosted by the server. (ASP and standard html) Just not Microsoft office generated pages. Both systems have the latest MDAC upgrade. Ideas are more than appreciated!!! Dave ...

Use two combo boxes to control a third
I have a form and a subform. In the subform is a combo box (#3). I want to filter the list of available options for this combo box based on the selections made on two other combo boxes (#1) and (#2). I was able to get this to work by putting the code as a condition on the query for combo box #3 when all three combo boxes were on the same subform. But I wanted combo box #1 on the main form, while I kept combo #2 and #3 on the subform. I can get combo box #3 to respond to the criteria found in Combo #1, but not both #1 and #2. Is this even possible? Thanks in advance for the help! If I w...

sql 2008 runtime edition
Where can we download the 2008 sql r2 runtime edition? we are upgrading from GP9 to GP2010 and are only running SQL 2000. MSDN, if you have a subscription. What if we don't have a MSDN subscription? I can't see any downloads on Partnersource. there are links to GP2010, but not SQL "BinAdam" wrote: > MSDN, if you have a subscription. > . > free download: http://www.microsoft.com/express/Database/ -- Rick "jgrebe" wrote: > What if we don't have a MSDN subscription? I can't see any downloads on > Partnersource....

Deleting rows with 0 value in Column X
Hi, I would like to create a macro to delete all rows in my worksheet tha have a 0 value in column X. Any easy instructions, or info on a boo that would point me in the right direction? Thanks, Mik -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com A little digging in the google archives and code manipulation and I came up with: Sub DeleteRows() Dim iLastRow As Integer Dim i As Integer Application.ScreenUpdating = False iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "X").End(xlUp).Row For i = iLastRow To 1 Step -1 With Cells(i, 24) If .Value = 0 Then .EntireRow.Delete ...

can't execute remote proc linked servers....MSDTC error?
Error: The adapter "SQL" raised an error message. Details "HRESULT="0x80040e14" Description="The operation could not be performed because OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "xxxx" was unable to begin a distributed transaction." HRESULT="0x80040e14" Description="OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "xxxx" returned message "No transaction is active."." Here's a snippet of code similar to what I have on Server1 (note the "exec" command which runs a pr...

Deleting a note keeps the value in the NOTEINDX field
I just discovered that if you delete a note from a document (in my case, a cash receipts document), the system will delete the actual note record from the SY03900 table but will leave the original NOTEINDX value on the document record intact. Is this normal behavior? I would think the system should clear out the value in the document record since the note no longer exists. Referential integrity! -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Yes, this is normal for GP. The record is created the first time the user clicks the note icon and "bookmarks...

can't get rid of contact
In Outlook 2003 I have tried to delete some people from my address book and contact lists and distribution lists but they won't go away. I don't see them anywhere but when I send to a distribution list they were on the message gets sent to them. I have even deleted the distribution list and recreated it and they are still hidden somewhere in it. Holly ...

Delegate cannot edit apointments / Error with Free/Busy data
Hi, I have a problem with one of my users using the delegate option in Outlook 2000, mbx is on Exchange 5.5 SP4. UserA is a delegate on UserB's mailbox. UserA binds the mailbox of userB into her profile, so she can see the mailbox together with her own one. UserA is able to open the calendar of userB and delete items from it, also create new items in it. No problem! But, by SOME of the created items, especially when they are on a Friday (!!), when UserA opens them to modify them (i.e. set a new time or day), she gets an error, that she does not have the appropriate permissions, al...

Getting all positions of a value in an array or reference
Hi, I have a reference to a row and in that row, several cells have the value of 1. I would like to get the positions of all of them from the array. For example: A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A6 1 0 1 1 0 0 I would like to get A1, A3, A4 is there a way to retrieve that information in a single formula? thanks Yossi, Yes, using an array formula entered into multiple cells. Is that what you want, or do you want the values returned to a single cell? If so, you could use a user-defined-function, or use two formulas (one additional one to concatenate the results of the multi-cel...

Pull Data to TxtBox Control From One Of Many Tables
Hi I have 5 tables and each have two field "PartyId" And "PartyName" common. Now i have two TxtBox Controls on it Name "TxtPartyId" And "TxtPartyName". I want that if a user enters a Party ID in TxtPartyId, then the Code look these 5 Tables One By One And Pull the PartyName in TxtPartyName where it found. Note: All 5 tables will have seperate Party Id and there will not be any duplication of any Party id, in any table. (One Party Code will be assign to the Only a single Party.) Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com htt...

Can formulas stay as they are when copied to MemoryStick?
I copy my excel worksheet into a Mem. Stick. Then I work mith my workbook in Memory Stick and save. When I copy it back to my original computer, links in formulas and directories change. What can I do to prevent this? Hi It is always safest to do any work with the file on your local hard disk, rather than on a removable device. Do your work, save copy and then with Windows Explorer copy file to removable device. In reverse, copy from Removable device to your hard drive, open file and do work, save to hard drive. Regards Roger Govier dorter wrote: > I copy my excel worksheet int...

Can't sign in to open a money file???
HI Anyone know about this? I open money the (2005) program. I get the sign in page. I put in my passport number -- which is correct. The little light up progress balls work for a few seconds. Then I get the "the program has encountered a problem -- send to microsoft" etc. The program shuts down, restarts, then does the same thing again when I try to access the program. Any thoughts? Thanks, Bill Ran into similar problem when reinstalling. Not sure same problem but.....did you perform recent install or reinstall? If so, try opening "sample.mny" then, if prompted b...

Anyway to retrieve lost messages after synchronization in Outlook Express?
Setup for my hotmail messages to be downloaded to Outlook Express. When tried to connect to see an old message, didn't realize that it was setup to auto synch. My messages were deleted from hotmail, and are now lost on Outlook Express after synching. Is there anyway to retrieve the lost messages from Outlook Express? I really needed some of the items in there, and had downloaded them so they wouldn't be lost. Thanks! probably not, but I would try running dbxtract.exe on the deleted folder. if the folder was compacted, they are gone forever. look for dbxtract at tomsterdam.co...

CAn never find my posts or the answers
what the heck am i doing wrong, i can never find my posts after i submit them, and never get notified of replies even when i finally find them and there are replies.. I check the notify me of replies every time,, and when I do a search, I search on my name,,, Nancy, since that is in the body,,, is there a better way to find my posts -- Nancy Try using a newsreader instead of a web interface. You will find that since it is dedicated to newsgroups it is faster and more reliable. There are several free ones depending upon your version of Windows: Outlook Express Windows Mail...

Can I configure Excel for not to respond on "F1" key press
I want Excel to not show the Help on F1 press, as I dont need Help that often. But also I dont want to remove the Help support at all. Hi A small macro can fix that: Sub DisableHelp() Application.OnKey "{F1}", ThisWorkbook.Name & "!Dummy" End Sub Sub EnableHelp() Application.OnKey "{F1}" End Sub Sub Dummy() MsgBox "You are paid to know this stuff", vbInformation End Sub Help menu will work as always. HTH. best wishes Harald "Murtaza" <NoEmail@NoEmail> skrev i melding news:uJH0IjRVFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I want ...