How to write event for WM_CHAR?

I have an old application I wrote with MSVC5 that has an handler for
WM_CHAR. This works.

I created a new MFC MDI application/project in MSVC7 and created a handler
for WM_CHAR. I could not get it to coorperate. The handler is simply never
called. I created similar event handlers for WM_LBUTTONDOWN and WM_KEYDOWN
they worked. What is different about WM_CHAR?

Siegfried

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What class did you put it in? What class was it in?
					joe

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:55:38 -0600, "Siegfried Heintze" <siegfried@heintze.com> wrote:

>I have an old application I wrote with MSVC5 that has an handler for
>WM_CHAR. This works.
>
>I created a new MFC MDI application/project in MSVC7 and created a handler
>for WM_CHAR. I could not get it to coorperate. The handler is simply never
>called. I created similar event handlers for WM_LBUTTONDOWN and WM_KEYDOWN
>they worked. What is different about WM_CHAR?
>
>Siegfried

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
8/15/2005 4:47:08 AM
The view class. I could not figure out how to put it in any other class
using the MSVC7 code wizard. MSVC 6 would let you put it anywhere.
Sieg

> What class did you put it in? What class was it in?
> joe
>
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:55:38 -0600, "Siegfried Heintze"
<siegfried@heintze.com> wrote:

> >I have an old application I wrote with MSVC5 that has an handler for
> >WM_CHAR. This works.
> >
> >I created a new MFC MDI application/project in MSVC7 and created a
handler
> >for WM_CHAR. I could not get it to coorperate. The handler is simply
never
> >called. I created similar event handlers for WM_LBUTTONDOWN and
WM_KEYDOWN
> >they worked. What is different about WM_CHAR?
> >
> >Siegfried
> >
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

Then it should get characters any time the view has the focus and you are typing.  Note
that this does not apply to CFormView.
				joe

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:20:40 -0600, "Siegfried Heintze" <siegfried@heintze.com> wrote:

>The view class. I could not figure out how to put it in any other class
>using the MSVC7 code wizard. MSVC 6 would let you put it anywhere.
>Sieg

>> What class did you put it in? What class was it in?
>> joe
>>
>> On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:55:38 -0600, "Siegfried Heintze"
><siegfried@heintze.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I have an old application I wrote with MSVC5 that has an handler for
>> >WM_CHAR. This works.
>> >
>> >I created a new MFC MDI application/project in MSVC7 and created a
>handler
>> >for WM_CHAR. I could not get it to coorperate. The handler is simply
>never
>> >called. I created similar event handlers for WM_LBUTTONDOWN and
>WM_KEYDOWN
>> >they worked. What is different about WM_CHAR?
>> >
>> >Siegfried
>> >
>> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
>> email: newcomer@flounder.com
>> Web: http://www.flounder.com

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

Defaul Event VB.NET
Hi, I have a usercontrol with a Button. When I Click in Button, the default event is the "Load". I'd Like to change this default event to "Click". Thanks... Vinicius "Vinicius Gonzaga" <vinicius@lmp.ufrj.br> wrote in message news:uf3sidIwKHA.812@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have a usercontrol with a Button. When I Click in Button, the default > event is the "Load". I'd Like to change this default event to "Click". > > Thanks... > > > Vinicius Vinicius: The default...

How do you write a XML file to a SqlDatabase?
I'm working on a desktop application that writes data to a XML file, that part is working. Now I need to insert that data to a sql database. I have no idea were to start. Two questions, how do you do that, and is there an good toturial showing you how to do that? hi, On 11.02.2010 21:43, bthumber wrote: > I'm working on a desktop application that writes data to a XML file, that > part is working. Now I need to insert that data to a sql database. I have no > idea were to start. Two questions, how do you do that, and is there an good > toturial showing you how ...

Event id 8001 & 8019 from NTbackup 'Warnings or errors were encountered.'
Hi, I see these errors in App log which says 'Warnings or errors were encountered.' Further in the backup log, I found the error in detail which says; Backup started on 7/29/2005 at 10:00 PM. The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'The remote procedure call failed. ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupClose()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'The file specified is already open. ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupOpenFile()' additional data 'E:\EXCHSRVR\mdbdata\priv1.stm' The operation was ended. I am n...

Reoccurring Annual Yearly Appointment/Events
I am haveing an issue when syncing my PC with Active Sync. Every Annual reoccurring event or appointment changes on the PC to "Every 12 Years". It appears to be some kind of glitch in MS Outlook 2007 that is confused between Months and Years. I did several tests and research and it appears that active sync, Windows Mobile and Outllook 2003 are not the problem. Initially I thought my older version of MS Win Mobile could be the problem but recently upgraded to Win Mobile 6.1 and same issue. So my last test was to take all annual reoccurring events out and sync that w...

New hotfix for event error
A number of users have reported this error in their CRM application event logs where it says cannot clean up activitybase table. Microsoft now has a hot fix for this issue as per this article TechKnowledge Microsoft CRM Deletion Service Failure Error "Cannot Clean Up ActivityBase Table" in the Application Event Log on the Microsoft CRM Server Return to previous page Document ID: 30380 Date Created: 4/24/2003 Date Last Modified: 12/8/2003 3:56:45 PM Language: English - United States C...

Can a new e-mail message event wake up a monitor?
When my laptop is running on battery, I have the screen set to go blank in 1 minute. This tremendously lengthens the amount of operation I can get from a full charge. However, I find myself quite often sliding my finger across the touch pad to wake up the screen so I can check to see if I have any new e- mail. It would be really cool if an Outlook add-in existed which would wake up your screen automatically when you receive a new e-mail. Does anyone know if such a tool exists? afaik, there is no such tool. why not turn on sound so you can hear it arrive? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outloo...

Which card format for picture on front and writing inside
Using Publisher 2003, Wich blank publication would you use to put a picture on the front of the card and text inside? Thanks Jim wood to art wrote: > Using Publisher 2003, Wich blank publication would you > use to put a picture on the front of the card and text > inside? > > Thanks Jim ========================== For a Blank Quarter Fold Card...choose Blank Publications / Side Fold Card. If you require a Half Fold Card...open a Side Fold Card and then go to... File / Page Setup / Booklet / OK. -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled ...

How do I write expressions to calculate rolling 13 week averages?
If anyone knows how to do this please post answer. Please use the Message space to better describe the problem. The subject is cut off when viewing it. Also things like the table name(s) with the required field names would help us to help you. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Harmeet" wrote: > If anyone knows how to do this please post answer. ...

Newbie needs a tutorial on reading from and writing to nodes in an XML file
I have an ASP.NET app that I am writing using VB.NET and I want to use an XML file to store configuration settings in sort of like the way I used to use an .INI file for in Windows apps. When the user opens a page, it needs to go read certain settings out of the file and fill textboxes and other form fields with the data from the XML file. If the user makes any changes on the form, it needs to write back to the XML file to store the new settings. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! I do this and it seems to work just fine... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.as...

How to add an event to everyone's calendar ?
How do I add an event to everyone's calendar on a particular Exchange 5.5 server ? Basically, i'd like to modify the default calendar so that mailboxes created in the future also get this too. If this can only be done to the Exchange site, that would be ok too. Thanks, T Tucker ...

event management program
looking for simple program or excell templates to help manage events. Things like registration, nametags, souvenir sale and inventory, budget, etc. Thank you MS Template Gallery may have what you need. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 10:57:04 -0800, "Unigue eventer" <Unigue eventer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >looking for simple program or excell templates to help manage events. >Things like registration, nametags, souvenir sale and inventory, budget, etc. >Thank you ...

Can write onto a DVD but not read from DVD: "The device is not ready"
After having worked successfully for a couple of years with my current DVD drive (recorder) there are now problems since a few days. I can write (=burn) as usually onto a DVD. But when I want to read the content of such a DVD nothing is listed. The drive letter is shown as usual in WinExplorer. When I click on it the DVD seems to be empty. Nothing is shown. dir E: in Command prompt shows permanently "The device is not ready" even after 30 minutes! When I insert the same DVD in another computer (with WinXP) then the 4 files are shown without problems. So whats...

Exchange errors in event viewer
We had a failure of the array that exchange was using. It was recovered (incompletely?) and now we get and error in the event viewer: Event ID: 8331 Description: The service threw and unexpected exception which was caught at f:\titanium\dsa\src\ira\abv_dg\lservagent.cpp(4511) It seems exchange is looking for something at this location which doesn't exist. I am considering just creating the location but need good info on whether the server will blow up or not since it is a live server Apply the latest Service Pack may resolve the issue or as a work around try restarting the Microsoft Ex...

Determining the user's role in the Onload Event (CRM3.0)
Hi all, Any ideas on this? thanks a lot!! Hi Jeremy, Look at Ronald Lemmen's blog post: http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2006/05/finally-there-show-and-hide-fields.html -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog on http://www.stunnware.com ---------------------------------------------------------- "Jeremy" <jeremy.mina@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OeXbW0bsIHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Any ideas on this? > > thanks a lot!! > ...

event id: 9688
Hello, After installing SP2 on our Exchange 2003 and setting the database limit on 75 GB for both private and public store every morning at 5.00 there is an warning message in the application log: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event Category: General Event ID: 9688 Date: 11-2-2007 Time: 5:00:32 User: N/A Computer: BALJ201 Description: Exchange store 'First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (BALJ201)': The logical size of this database (the logical size equals the physical size of the .edb file and the .stm file minus the logical free space in eac...

Cancel sheet change event
Is it possible to cancel the sheet change event if the sheet is a chart sheet? Hi, Can to elaborate? A chart sheet does not have a Change event. Do you mean the SeriesChange event? Cheers Andy NSK wrote: > Is it possible to cancel the sheet change event if the sheet is a chart sheet? ...

public calader items appear in a user's personal calander although he is not invited to the event
Hi folx; we have exc 2k3 on a win2k3 server. Some of our public canalder items appear in one of the user's personal calander although he is not invited to the event. any ideas why it would happen? where should I be looking? Thanks for your help. Mike On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 00:18:46 -0400, "Mike Meron" <Mike@nestech.net> wrote: >Hi folx; >we have exc 2k3 on a win2k3 server. >Some of our public canalder items appear in one of the user's personal >calander although he is not invited to the event. any ideas why it would >happen? where should I be look...

Capture "End Task" event...
Hi All, I have made an MFC application. So if any user terminate this application using task manger's Process tab and clicking "End task" button....i want to perform some task so that next time my application can be started gracefully. Any help will be highly appreciated... thnx in advance.. VineetJ Vineet wrote: > I have made an MFC application. So if any user terminate this > application using task manger's Process tab and clicking "End task" > button....i want to perform some task so that next time my application > can be started g...

How do you write 2 lines of text in 1 cell rather than use 2 cells
I am using Excel 98 and want to know how to get 2 lines of text in 1 cell rather than space it out over 2 cells. See below for example if you dont get it..... This is what (cell no.1) I mean. (cell no. 2) I want to be (cell no.1) able to do this. (cell no.1) Please help.....thanks Type part, then Alt-Enter, then the rest. -- HTH Bob Phillips "!!!help!!!" <!!!help!!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33CF64B2-E51F-4E8F-9680-1B495146C134@microsoft.com... > I am using Excel 98 and want to know how to get 2 ...

Next Record Event
Hi,I am wanting to add the current date to each new form, as I advancethrough the recordset, using the buttons built in to the form at thebottom. I have currently the following code, but I am wanting toenable the date stamp on successive record entries in the samesession. Thanks, Louis---------Private Sub Form_Load() 'Set date stamp on current record Text50.Value = DateEnd Sub ll, First, you should name your objects something more meaningful than Text50... something CreateDate, or InvoiceDate, MyDate etc... Delete the code you have now in the OnLoad event. Next, is Text50 a D...

onChange event trouble
Hi all, I created 2 custom fields for Quote Products in orde to calculate price from buying price (CFCBuypric) and markup (CFPMarkup, picklist). Then I wrote a script which should calculate price when markup is chosen from picklist. The example is switch (event.srcElement.returnValue) { case '1': crmForm.priceperunit.value=crmForm.CFCBuyprice.value*1.05; .... } However IE gaves scripting error message: Error: 'CFPMarkup' undefined I'm confused because I thought I had followed every rule described on MSDN and this Usenet group Any help? Thanx ...

NNTP event log 420 entries
My event log is full of NNTP 420 message that just simply say that NNTP had received "x" number of messages. Is there a way to stop it from doing these entries? If there are problems, then I want the problems logged,...but I don't need and entry every 60 seconds for a status report on the number of messages that passed,... it is just needless clutter. -- Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA] www.wandtv.com ...

Exchange 2003 server 9317 Event messages
I rebooted our 2003 server domain controller and our 2003 member server which has exchange 2003 sp1 installed this morning. There are two events with an ID of 9317... relating to the exchangeSA. "Failed to register Service Principal Name for exchangeMDB; error code was c007200e" the 2nd one is for exchangeRFR. The SA has started ok and all appears to be working ok. Theres not much informatiion on this error anyone any idea of a fix ? or cause ? the exchange server is a member of the Exchange Domain Servers group. http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=9317&eventno=3204&...

How to write current time to the cell?
When I do: If oExLogCallTime <> 0 Then moExcelWS.Cells(CurrentRow, oExLogCallTime).Value = Time or If oExLogCallTime <> 0 Then moExcelWS.Cells(CurrentRow, oExLogCallTime).Value = CStr(Time) each time when Time is written into sheet the cell displays ##### instead of digits. Of course when I resize column the digits appear correctly. I have noticed that when data written is plain text Excel never displays #### even if the text is longer then the column width. My question is how to write that Time so it will be treated as a text? Jack Format(Time, "hh:mm:ss&q...

No data event function
Hello. I have many reports and am trying to use a function to display a message when there is no data in the report: "Report has no data." The function seems to work in that if there is data, a report runs with the data. However, if there is no data, the report does not run but "Report has no data" does not appear to the user. I'd appreciate suggestions. Public gfReportHasNoData As Boolean Public Function PrintPreviewReport(pstrReport As String, pfPreview As Boolean, pstrWhere As String) As String 'Comments: Print or preview a report and handle errors 'ps...