How to use my application to download a file on a http server?

Hello,all gurus:

download.htm file:
<title>
</title>
I use WebBrowser ActiveX in my application.
CWebBrowser mWeb;
mWeb.Navigate("http://1.1.1.50/web/download.htm",NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);
If I click download on WebBrowser ActiveX,My application will use IE to
download.But I want to use my download application
to take the place of IE.How to do I should?
Thanks.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try using URLDownloadToFile.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Z.Smith" <zhchyg@163.com> wrote in message
> Hello,all gurus:
>
> download.htm file:
> <title>
> </title>
> I use WebBrowser ActiveX in my application.
> CWebBrowser mWeb;
> mWeb.Navigate("http://1.1.1.50/web/download.htm",NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);
> If I click download on WebBrowser ActiveX,My application will use IE to
> download.But I want to use my download application
> to take the place of IE.How to do I should?
> Thanks.

0
ajaykalra (6842)
1/28/2005 2:34:03 AM
Z.Smith wrote:
> Hello,all gurus:
>
> download.htm file:
> <title>
> </title>
> I use WebBrowser ActiveX in my application.
> CWebBrowser mWeb;

mWeb.Navigate("http://1.1.1.50/web/download.htm",NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);
> If I click download on WebBrowser ActiveX,My application will use IE
> download.But I want to use my download application
> to take the place of IE.How to do I should?
> Thanks.

uSoft 'Tear' sample (found by googling cinternetsession sample)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsample/html/_sample_mfc_tear.asp

0
billt611 (8)

professional service tools library download
Hi, can somebody tell me where I can download professional service tools library? I have contacted microsoft, but they didn't answer my questions. Is there a demo version for GP 7.5? You should be able to search for it and find it. I think it's also on the CD. If not, send me a message. You can use it with the sample company. "ano" wrote: > Hi, can somebody tell me where I can download professional service tools > library? I have contacted microsoft, but they didn't answer my questions. > Is there a demo version for GP 7.5? Hi, allen. I have tried search...

Prohibited File Type?
If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message I get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in the body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking it? Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that also gives the same warning both before sending and to the recipient? The files In question are jpg files. Anyone advise please? Tools/Safety/Options/Security Uncheck - do not allow attachments to be save or opened - block images and other external content Check (op...

.xls files opening in IE rather than xls
When opening files downloaded from the web, they are opened in an IE windo rather than the appropriate Office 2003 tool (word, excel, etc.) From a previous post: There's a setting in Windows that you can change. In win98, I can do this: Start Windows Explorer View|Folder Options File Types Tab scroll down to MS Excel Worksheet Select it click the edit button There's an option to "browse in same window". Uncheck it. That's where you can toggle the "confirm open after download", too. How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office Documents in the Appr...

Max clinet change to Cache mode per server
Hi, we have 2 Exchange 2003 a-p Cluster on Unisys ES7000 with 9000 mailboxes on each cluster. The Clients work with Outlook XP. We plan a Rollout of Outlook 2003 SP2 with activated Cache Mode. Our Offline Adressbook has abaout 10 MB and one Mailbox a average space of 35 MB. Now my question, how much client can rolled out parallel that the download of the mailbox content has only small impact to the Exchange Server performance ? Has anybody some experiences in this case Thank you Ingo ...

PibotTable(OLE server)
I'm using MS Access 2003 and doing homework about Pivottable. When I select Query that I would like to create Pivottable. There is a message shows" The connection with the OLE server was lost, or the OLE server encountered an error while you were using it. Restart the OLE server, and then try the operation again." I don't know what the OLE server is and how to restart? If you knows, please help Thanks On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:23:01 -0700, TT <TT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Not sure exactly what happened, but your query likely included an "OLE Object"...

Hidden Folders and Files
I am using Windows XP pro, 2nd, service pack. For some reason, I am now unable to see my hidden files and folders, even though I was able to a short while ago. I don't know what I have done to change this. Under folder options I have selected "Display the contents of system folders" and "Show hidden files and folders" However they are not visible. Any advise? Thanks. leasider<SPAM> wrote: > I am using Windows XP pro, 2nd, service pack. > > For some reason, I am now unable to see my hidden files and folders, > even though I was able to a short ...

Using Windows fax
I have used the Windows fax console for receiving faxes for a while. I had Photoshop installed when I started using the fax system in Windows. I could VIEW and it would open Photoshop automatically. I deleted Photoshop and now have Photoshop Essentials 8. I now cannot VIEW anything because I don't have software to view .tif . I know that Essentials opens it, but I can't find anywhere in the fax console to tell it to go to Essentials. Please help. Chip wrote: > I have used the Windows fax console for receiving faxes for a while. I had > Photoshop ...

Distribute an add-in using a URL
Hi! I'm trying to get an .xla file to load up in the Add-ins from a URL. I receive the following message when I try to add the URL link.."You cannot use an Internet address here. Enter a path that points to a location on your computer or on the network." ...

Excel 2000: File >> New menu command causes application crash
This is occurring on only one machine on a network! After saving an emailed Excel template to a standard network location for Microsoft templates, when selecting File >> New this installation of Excel 2000 crashes ("Excel not responding" on Close program dialog). On other machines there is no problem. Have "repaired" Microsoft Office using that option from the installation CD-ROM, have removed Excel from Office installation, rebooted and reinstalled Excel. No change on the problem behaviour. Everything else appears to be working just fine in this copy of Excel. We ...

How do I install when "file ZF561407.CAB can not be found"

What firewall ports to open to manage server through ESM?
Hi, Got 2 Exchange 2003 servers (in separate RGs) which are connected via WAN and separated by Firewalls. What are the Firewall ports I need to open in order to manage the remote Exchange server, using a local ESM? TIA, Shel Shel: I don't know the answer, but why can't you use Remote Desktop Connection (port 3389) for this? From my experience, it is at least 10x faster than directly using ESM or ADUC and works great even over 56k dial-up to a VPN. Regards, Martin "Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com> wrote in message news:OJlNgOwcEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > H...

Can outside users use distribution list?
Hi folks, I recently switched from a webmail client that had distribution lists to Exchange and Outlook 2003. I would like to offer people on the distribtion list (located in the Public folder) the option to email to the distribtion list so that it goes to everyone. The distribution list would therefore be like a user on our Exchange server. When I tried to email the distribution list from a yahoo account, it didn't work. The yahoo account was included in the distribution list. Has anyone encountered this or does anyone have a solution. I know there are no listserves in Ex...

I have the template i want to use, however I am not sure how to us
an e-mail was sent to me with a spreadsheet I'm to complete. A co -worker helped me to create a template of that spreadsheet that I need to fill in but I don't have experience using templates. How do I get started, and how do I create a next page or sheet? I need to fill it in and than start the next page with the blank template...help Have you looked at the Excel help for templates? If so, at which stage did you have a problem? -- David Biddulph "mouse" <mouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9209715-1DD7-4771-B23F-03BB8F916A10@microsoft.com...

One thing bad about outlook is that i cannot use my e-mail adress
I think non subscripted MSN e-mail address should be allowed ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c53cdc02-0f3f-4dc3-9f81-a2382f6996e5&dg=microsoft.public.outlook Sure but then there would ...

Trouble using resolution for Outlook error
I am recieving the error in Outlook mentioned on the following page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822503 The instructions say to resolve the issue for an existing installation, specify the *.pst file by using the Mail icon in Control Panel. First of all, I do not know what *.pst file they are referring to. The following directory on my machine: C:\Documents and Settings\Nathan Sokalski\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Contains the following *.pst files: archive.pst njsokalski@hotmail.comHotmail-00000002.pst Outlook1.pst Outlook.pst I am ver...

Off-Topic: using UTF-8 as opposed to 8859-1 on websites
I am trying to keep my websites up to standards. And I most of my page pass code for W3C standards for XHTML 1.0 Transitional. Mr McGhie as all respectful people call him ;-). Mentioned something about that preferred Character encoding is UTF-8. I use DreamWeaver (unfortunately its an older version Part of Studio 8 collection). I don't wish to break my pages. is all that is involved changing Characterset = ISO-8859-1 to Characterset = UTF-8 in the pages. -- Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it" http://www.phillipmjones.net mailto:pj...

Transactions don't show latest download
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_021A_01C4EDED.8453C110 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've downloaded my transactions from my bank, it registers in = MSMoney2004 as downloaded, but the transactions don't show in the = account. How do I force the program to recognize and list the = downloaded transactions? Chad Bresson Xenia, OH ------=_NextPart_000_021A_01C4EDED.8453C110 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DO...

2 questions about Exchange Server 2000
1. How, or where, do I find out where Service Pack level I have installed? I see that I downloaded SP3, but I can't tell if it was ever installed. 2. Clients have Outlook 2000. Inbox is open. Last message is selected. No new mail. Then, if you click on a different message, you get the "new mail has arrived..." message. It seems to only deliver new mail when you change messages. Any thoughts? 1. In Exchange System Manager, highlight the Servers container. It should show you all servers in the right pane along with their service pack level. 2. Sounds like something is b...

how do i create a quiz using excel?
hey guys...i badly need to make a quiz using excel,,,i got no clue how to do it. the quiz will be a simple one, no drop downs and should display the scores after the quiz is taken.... please help! Andruu, What type of quiz are you looking to create? What format are the answers? Numbers? Text? One suggestion..... 1. Add questions *What is 2 x 2?* 2. Assign cells for the user to insert their answers. (format cells as text/numbers etc) *Cell: B2* 3. Either in hidden cells, or on a seperate sheet, put the correct answers 4. Assign a point value for each correct answer (can be different for ...

a larger window to view the files
Hello, When I click on the "FILE, OPEN" menu items I get a dialogue box showing a list of all the Excel files on my directory and then I can chose the file I want to open. Often, before I select which file I want, I need to resize the columns (Name, Size, type, modified) within that dialogue box to look at various properties and it would be ever so useful if there existed a Macro or utility that presented the list of files in a somewhat larger window so that I did not need to move the column widths each time. Needless to say, this does not just apply to Excel but that is a prog I ...

Unable to import Quicken file to Money
I am trying to import my QUICKEN 2004 data file (QDATA.QDF) into Money 2004. I followed all the directions and validated the QDATA file first, but NOTHING imports. All I get are messages that indicate "Your Quicken file contained invalid transaction types". The only transactions I have are account (Checking and Savings) transactions - debits and credits. I have tried this a number of times, and downloaded all updates to Money, but nothing ever converts. Can anyone help? You can not import Q2004 into M2004. You'll have to wait a few more days and then import it into M2...

outlook cant find file MSOE.DLL
when i try to open outlook an error msg comes up - cannot locate file MSOE.DLL. when i went to start, find, folder/files and searched for it i found it. how can i fix the problem please help. If you're using XP, it should be in the Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\Outlook Express. This implies that it associates with the user who's logged into the system. Are you logging in as User Name in the above example? If not, that's why it can't find it. Further help is available in MSOE.TXT in the same sub-directory. Good Luck! <dinky_devil@hotmail.com> wrote...

Creating a Word document from an ASP.NET application
Hello, I just want to know if there is an existing DLL or Web Compasant that can be used from an ASP.NET application (located on a IIS server without Office on it) to create a Word document based on a template (.dot) that is used only for the bookmarks properties (replaced momentarily with a personnal values). Best Regards, On Jun 21, 1:34=A0pm, "Bruno MAIGNAN" <bruno.maig...@ca-atlantica.fr> wrote: > Hello, > I just want to know if there is an existing DLL or Web Compasant that can= be > used from an ASP.NET application (located on a IIS server witho...

get a list of file in a directory
Hi. what would be the best way to return a list of files in a directory. I know in VB you could use the dir function, but what should i use in MFC. Doen anyone know of a class available where I could say return all the file in a certain directory and its sub directories Regards Dylan Take a look at the CFileFind MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Dylan Franklin" <dyl2000@lineone.net> wrote in message news:eHHBr0MxDHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > what would be the best way to return a list of files i...

Visio File Summary Dialog Box is showing wrong file name and size
Hi all, I am using Visio 2003 ActiveX Control in my application using VB.NET 2005. I am calling "visCmdFileSummaryInfoDlg" Command to open File Summary Dialog Box. Dialog Box is open successfully but it always showing Template file size instead of open file size in General Tab. The information it shows is: Type: Microsoft Visio Drawing Location: Size :(928 bytes) Based on: Template - ValueStreamMap.vst Can any one let me know about any property or way so that it shows correct file size? Thanks Asif Can we assume that the new drawing has been saved to disk before you call th...