How to use downloaded API in our VC++ project

Hello,

        I have downloaded an API with its dll. Where should I have to add
that dll and store it. How can I use that API.
Thanks

0
rkr.koti (10)
2/1/2005 9:51:25 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

That depends upon what type of API is it. If its a library and comes
with a header file(s). YOu will need to include the relevant header
file(s) in your project. You will need to then link against the
library.  If its a COM server, the situation changes completely. All
instructions of using it should come with it.

----------------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

koti wrote:
> Hello,
>
>         I have downloaded an API with its dll. Where should I have to
add
> that dll and store it. How can I use that API.
> Thanks

0
ajaykalra (6842)
2/1/2005 1:01:30 PM

"koti" wrote:

> Hello,
>
>         I have downloaded an API with its dll. Where should I have to add
> that dll and store it. How can I use that API.
> Thanks

Hi,

You can put that DLL to System directory(winnt\System32 for NT based system,
Windows\System Win98 System) and add the filename to the project settings
property page.

Regrads,
Selvam
0
selvam (26)
2/1/2005 1:05:01 PM
What you need to do is to copy the header and cpp files for the particular
library so that you can work with it inside of your visual C++ project.  If
your API doesn't have that then you need to do this...
check for a .lib file that should come with the API. If you find the file
open your visual C++ project, go to the properties for the project and tell
the linker to link in the lib file.  From there you will need to find the
entry point for the dll.  A entry point is essentially a function that you
call for the api to start working and should be outlined in either the source
code (if provided) or in some form of provided documentation.  If both of
these options fail, please reply telling me which files are included in the
API as well as where you got the API and I would be glad to help you.

Sincerely,
 James Simpson

This is not a good thing to do. You may overwrite something if it has
the name etc. Besides, what do you gain by doing it? If its a C++
library, you need the header files to use it.
--------------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
2/1/2005 1:32:50 PM
koti wrote:

> Hello,
>
>         I have downloaded an API with its dll. Where should I have to add
> that dll and store it. How can I use that API.
> Thanks

You need a *.h file and a *.lib file.  Use #include "*.h" to compile the
calls.  Add the name of the *.lib file to the project's linker settings
so the project will link.  Then, at run time the *.DLL file should be in
the same directory as your exe file.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
2/1/2005 1:47:16 PM
    Take a look at the following link for a DLL 101.

        http://www.flipcode.com/articles/article_creatingdlls.shtml

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

"koti" <rkr.koti@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
>         I have downloaded an API with its dll. Where should I have to add
> that dll and store it. How can I use that API.
> Thanks

0
CheckAbdoul
2/1/2005 2:50:54 PM
Don't put your DLLs to the system directory. There is enough garbage there
without it. Put it along with your EXE.

"selvam" <selvam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "koti" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>>         I have downloaded an API with its dll. Where should I have to add
>> that dll and store it. How can I use that API.
>> Thanks
>>

> Hi,
>
> You can put that DLL to System directory(winnt\System32 for NT based
> system,
> Windows\System Win98 System) and add the filename to the project settings
> property page.
>
> Regrads,
> Selvam

0
alegr (1131)
2/1/2005 4:18:07 PM
Thanks for helping me.

0
rkr.koti (10)

ampersand in subject prevents e-mail from being read using exchange web server
Hi, I have an e-mail which I sent which has an ampersand in the subject, now I can't view it from my sent items, and others can't read the e-mail. We're using the exchange server and accessing it via an intranet connection through a web browser. Thanks, Rob Have you run the IIS lockdown tool on the Exchange server, in particular the URLScan part as this will disable specific characters found in the Subject Line (Usually produces a error on 404) "Rob Erwin" <rob.erwin@lpl.com> wrote in message news:03be01c34a65$9c213480$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > ...

vc++ #4
1.trace of program? 2.and how do we link 2 or 3 file to each other ? for example .h file ? 3.some times when I run my program and It has error afrter that I cant run it again and run will be deactive and when I want to exit I see this error : you cant closed your workspace while a build is in progress select the stop build command before closing the workspace .and try for it and select stop build but the problem dont solv and at the end I must press CTrl+ALT +DEl to exit !please help me. 4. If you know about Vc++ please email me . 5. If you know some site that have good source of c++ and trai...

Using SUMIF i want to say IF A=1 & B=2 then sum C any help pleas
I want to single out a sum that has two common detonators row A and B, IF row A=1 and row B=2 then sum row C Try this, adjust the range to match your data: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100=1), --(B1:B100=2), C1:C100) Does that help? -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB (www.MadRocketScientist.com) Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you. "Peter" wrote: > I want to single out a sum that has two common detonators row A and B, IF row > A=1 and row B=2 then sum row C That's quite an explosive worksheet you have<...

Using ALT with Toolbar Character
In Great Plains 8.0, when I press the Alt key, I see toolbar button characters underlined and can press a character to choose a toolbar option. If I don't press Alt, the characters are not underlined. Is there an option I can set somewhere so that I always see the underlined characters, without first pressing Alt? Thanks! Mary Hi Mary This is actually a Windows feature as it behaves like that for all windows applications. I think there is a setting to change this behaviour but I have not been able to find it. If someone can remember where this setting is, please post it here...

Problem in converting double to String useing fprintf()
Dearl all, I found a problem in converting a double number to string by using fprintf. Please see the following code: double myDouble = 393.525; char mystringDouble[100]; fprintf( mystringDouble, "%.2f", myDouble ); // After this line mystringDouble will be "393.52" myDouble = 394.525; fprintf( mystringDouble, "%.2f", myDouble ); // After this line mystringDouble will be "394.53" I wonder why the 2nd part of my code can rounding myDouble correctly, while the 1st part fail? Any method can round double correctly in MFC? Marco Any of the printf func...

Calculate cost of project against time worked
Hi everyone Have had a good look through various discussion groups for this and can't seem to find what I am looking for, I hope someone can help. I have a access 2000 database which captures projects coming into the department, each project is then resourced to a team member. When they have finished their part they put in how long it has taken them, from 1 hour (up to max of 3hours) then it goes up in 1/2 day increments to 15 days. At the moment I just have a drop downlist allowing them to pick, for example, 1/2 day, 1 day, 1.5 days etc, but now we have a set daily and hourly rate for...

I've downloaded Adobe 9 , but I still can't open PDF files.
Just bought Windows 7 and now I cannot open PDF files sent to me via Hotmail concerning work. What to do? The quickest and easiest first step is to re-attribute PDF format to Adobe. Select a PDF file in Windows Explorer, right-mouse-click, Open With, Choose Program, select Adobe (may need to Browse), check the box "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". OK Hope this helps DeanH "JohninMontreal" wrote: > Just bought Windows 7 and now I cannot open PDF files sent to me via Hotmail > concerning work. What to do? Ask in an Ado...

drawing icon with gdi+ in VC 6
Hello, I'm trying to draw an icon in a view. First I used the simple gdi and I did like this : pDC->DrawIcon(rect_icon.left, rect_icon.top, hIcon); and it was ok. Then I changed to used the gdi+ and I do like this : HICON hicon = myIcon; Bitmap bitmap(hicon); graphics->DrawImage(&bitmap, rct.GetRight() , rct.GetTop() , 32, 32); it draw the icon but the quality is really bad, it's blur. I've tried to change the option like using SetSmoothingMode and SetPixelOffsetMode but it changed nothing, I can't have the same quality of image as I have with the DrawIcon foncti...

Update CRM Entity records using Javascript
Hi, Is there any way to update a field in the related parent entity records using JS CRM WebService call? I have a related record and on save of this, I want to change the status of the parent record. This I want to do in JavaScript.. Is there any way? or can anyone please send me queryexpression or other js code? -- romeo!! Hi Romeo, You may want to search for info on using the parent.document JScript. If you have a contact form that has a parent account, you can use the parent.document to make changes to the parent, but you may also want to consider what happens with that parent ...

Timesheet and Employee Expenses Approval by Project
I would like to suggest the approval workflow to be by project, right now in project accounting, the employee only can have 2 level of approval, ie, Supervisor and Manager, at most of my client that using Project Accounting, they are requesting the approval to be go by project, ie for the same employee that doing different project, their respective timesheet and employee expenses should route to the supervisor or manger that assigned to the project. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this ...

Syncronization Problems Using High Speed Internet
I can sync all Outlook 2000 folders with my corporate Microsoft Exchange Server when using a dial-up connection thru my VPN. However, when I switch to my cable modem thru my VPN and syncronize Outlook to the Microsoft Exchange Server, I can not get anything in my Outbox to transport to the server. The syncronization process hangs up on sending. I have to close outlook and go back to the dial- up to complete the syncronization. Why the differences and what do I need to change to make the syncronization work while using a high speed internet connection. Thanks, Tim ...

Selecting multiple criteria in a report in Acc 2007 using a form
How can I select multiple criteria using a form to generate a report in Access 2007. -- Lady_Dee On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 17:38:04 -0800, Lady_Dee <LadyDee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I select multiple criteria using a form to generate a report in >Access 2007. By putting multiple instances of =[Forms]![NameOfForm]![NameOfControl] or other appropriate expressions on the Criteria line of a query, and use that query as the Recordsource for the report. For a more detailed answer please post a more detailed question. -- John W. Vins...

Outlook freezes when "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" is used
Hello list- I experience strange problem with one of my users. It's only happening with his computer, others (~40) are not affected. Windows XP Professional SP2 (with all latest hot fixes), Microsoft Office 2003 Pro SP3 (including all updates) - all English. He is connecting to Exchange using native "cached Exchange mode". The problem is that Outlook freezes when "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" is selected, no matter whether it is new message, reply, or forward. Even if I terminate Outlook (through Task Manager) I can still see WINWORD.EXE running, ...

Attempting to print silently from Word using ShellExecuteEx
I am using an ActiveX control to print input documents and their OLE attachments to the proper applications. I am attempting to have the documents print silently. I print them in a loop calling ShellExecuteEx for each one in turn. Parameters are the same for all. E.g my program receives a report with a PDF file and two embedded OLE Word attachments. My loop first prints the PDF and it prints silently with no Popups whatsoever. After successfully extracting the OLE attachments and storing them in locally saved .doc file, I print them in the same loop using the same Shell...

OE downloading error.
I get the following error message when trying to download my email from yahoo into OE. Up until today everything was working correctly now suddenly this occurs. I have not changed anything. Any ideas? An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'Josh Smith', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C0133 Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news grou...

Can't set the meeting importance using Redemption and New Mail
I am trying to set the importance of a meeting notice from the new mail event using redemption using this code: If ((PR_OBJECT_TYPE_VALUE = 5) _ And (PR_MESSAGE_CLASS_VALUE = "IPM.Schedule.Meeting.Request")) Then Const PR_IMPORTANCE = 1507331 '23 ' for meeting messages Dim PR_IMPORTANCE_VALUE As Long PR_IMPORTANCE_VALUE = SafeMailItem.Fields(PR_IMPORTANCE) Debug.Print "PR_IMPORTANCE_VALUE 1(" & PR_IMPORTANCE_VALUE & ")" SafeMailItem.Fields(PR_IMPORTANCE) = olImportanceHigh PR_IMPORTANCE_V...

Saving Excel file as HTML USING C#
Hi All, I have a requirement of saving Excel files as HTML using C#. I have managed to write code for saving as HTLM file. however this seems to be not working in the once perticular case . For e.g I hav the following values are in column say A1 & A2. A1A2 D B B O A N G D V V A A L L 0 1 1 2 1 1 When I save this as HTML, I am getting saved file as below ( Note the change vertical display to horizontal) . Any suggestions / comments on this is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot for your time. DBAGVAL BONDVAL 0 1 1 2 1 1 Regards, Kewal ...

Using WorkOrders for Service of Equipment
We would like to use the workorder function to keep track of equipment in for servicing. Is anybody doing that already, if yes - Can you outline the process you use, or is their a better way? We need this ASAP - so any help would be REALLY REALLY appreciated. Dan ps. You can reply directly to me at the following danny(at)skatepei.ca or post to the newsgroup. On May 18, 2:32=A0pm, "Dan-902" <al...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We would like to use the workorder function to keep track of equipment in > for servicing. Is anybody doing that already, if yes - Can...

How can I set up a heat map using excel?
I am trying to create a heat map reflecting the risks of various items. Risk being related to the likelihood and signifcance of the events happening on scales of 1 to 5. 1 being the least significant or likely and 5 being the most. Any suggestions? ...

integration of project server 2007 and moss 2007
I have two server in one i have installed single server installation of project server 2007 in which and on the other server separately i installed moss 2007 and make Database server of MOSS 2007 is Project Server 2007. Now we can integrate Project Server 2007 and MOSS 2007 in this way and want to configure proposal workflow. Because i dont want to install moss 2007 in existing installation of project server 2007. I don't know Project Server, but your question is not clear as to what you are asking. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we co...

Purchased but no download
I recently received the new Taxcut 2005 CD in the mail and installed it. The confirmation email included an offer for a $29.95 rebate for MS Money 2006 Standard (which made it free). Using the link to the Microsfot Money Special offers page, I clicked on the "download" button and was taken to the page to sign-in to Passport. I then had to register with MSN to set up an account. After activating my purchase, the next page stated that I had successfully purchased Microsoft Money 2006 and would receive an email with rebate instructions and a download link. I received a confirmation e...

Conditional formatting using weekday
Hi I want to shade a cell if the date shown is not a weekday. I know I need to use conditional formatting, but I can't work out what formula to use. Thanks It's OK, I've sorted it now. "violasrbest" wrote: > Hi > > I want to shade a cell if the date shown is not a weekday. I know I need to > use conditional formatting, but I can't work out what formula to use. > > Thanks =?Utf-8?B?dmlvbGFzcmJlc3Q=?= wrote > I want to shade a cell if the date shown is not a weekday. I know I > need to use conditional formatting, but I can't work o...

Outlook using Word
I was hoping you could direct me to an article that might help me correct a Win XP problem. I just purchased a new laptop and have transistioned over to it all my Office programs and I have a issue with Outlook that even though I have checked the box setting Word as my email editor when I open a new email message I get the dialog box stating that "Word is either busy or cannot be found". I even get that message if Word is open at the time. I have tried repairing the the installation without success. Any suggestions? On Tue, 11 May 2004 13:20:17 -0700, "John" &...

RETURN PARTS FROM PROJECT
How do you return parts from a project to a vendor that when transferred from Inventory, were at a cost remaining in inventory because of FIFO? If I cannot get my credit correct from my vendor, the costs on the job will be incorrect in addition to the credit from my vendor. ------=_NextPart_0001_7B0EC7CA Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Carmie, Thanks for the post to the microsoft Dynamics newsgroups! Can you give me a little more information as to the types of transactions that have been entered up to this point for this. This will help in determining the ...

Projected Charges
From data that comes from a large Pivot I am building a spreadsheet of information that feeds into a chart. I am trying to create a line showing projected charges for the year, based on charges to date. I have worked out the formula to do this for each successive month, up to September, where it all stops, due to the limit on nested if's. I have seen, in other articles, mention made of Named cells/formulae but don't know how to use these. The formulae I have developed are below, can someone give me a pointer as to what to do to allow the figures to generate through to the end of the...