How to use a DLL!?

Hi all, according with your experince:

1. I'm exporting class functions from DLL instead of global function, is
there something i've to check!?

2. I need to run a DLL func in a separate thread, at moment the app create
the thread and exec this func. I actually prefer the DLL to start the thread,
any problems doing so!?

Thanks you all!!

Ale
0
Ale (83)
9/9/2005 8:29:28 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How to change the default view of an e-mail message to "web layout" when I reply to messages? The default view is Normal now. The text uses left one third of the screen only.
Hello How to change the default view of an e-mail message to "web layout" when I reply to messages? The default view is Normal now. The text uses left one third of the screen only. ...

Using Comport control under vba
I want use comport control in vba for receiving data from comport and put this in MSGP. Will anyone can help me that how can i do this. ...

using reveal formats, i lost TOC and Headers
While using reveal formats, I lost the table of contents and headers. In their place, a code appears. It affected all my documents, not just the one i was working on and I didn't save the document upon exiting. If I move to a different computer (with 2007) the table and headers appear. Help?? Press Alt+F9 to toggle the display from field codes (what you're seeing) to field results. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "stc confused" <stc confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Using Uninstalled Fonts in Windows 7
In prior versions of Windows OS (XP, Vista) I was able to use uninstalled fonts with programs by simply opening the font and minimizing it to the Task Bar. The font would then be shown in the list of fonts available for use. This is an extremely helpful option so that it is not necessary to install an excessive number of fonts to the Windows>System>Fonts. It also made it unnecessary to use a font manager. This option no longer seems to be available in Windows 7. Even though I open a font and minimize it to the Task Bar it will not show up in the list of fonts availab...

Multiple Use of Product Key
I have recently bought a second laptop and am trying to register Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007. I bought it as a student from my University. While trying to register on my new laptop, while also keeping my old laptop active, it says my product key is invalid. Anyone know why? Perhaps because you failed to uninstall any trial version first, or the version you purchased, Office Plus is a volume license which is not licensed for two PC's "tony777288" <tony777288@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EC79925-7A11-4DFD-9C2A-152EF6488A04@m...

READ THIS UPDATED POSTING: Problem using fill with formulas
(Previous posting contained an error in the formula.) I have a column. I want to fill in the formula from B1 all the way down to B200. I select B1 and drag my mouse down to B200 and select Fill Down. The formula is inserted in every cell. However, I have: =VLOOKUP(A4,[yahoo.xls]Sheet1!$A1:$H200,2,FALSE) =VLOOKUP(A5,[yahoo.xls]Sheet1!$A2:$H201,2,FALSE) when I want the second instance to be: =VLOOKUP(A5,[yahoo.xls]Sheet1!$A1:$H200,2,FALSE) In other words, I want the first cell reference (A) to change, but not the cell references in the yahoo.xls worksheet. Because they are changing, I need ...

Microsoft CRM needs the cookies to use the web client
When it loads the Microsoft CRM tool bar on the Web Client I receive the following message: At moment, your web browse is configured to disable cookies. Microsoft CRM needs the cookies to use the Web Client. What should I do? Thanks! "wanny" <wanny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C98DBCF0-096E-4DC3-A409-FC4A26E89E9C@microsoft.com... > When it loads the Microsoft CRM tool bar on the Web Client I receive the > following message: > > At moment, your web browse is configured to disable cookies. Microsoft CRM > needs the cookies to use the We...

how can i open a publisher 95 doc using publisher 98?
i have an old document that was done in pub95 and now need to retrieve that info but when i use my pub98 to open the doc, it advised it cant open older versions of publisher. is there any way i can open this pub 95 doc and retrieve the text? thanks guys. While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a message from johnny b <johnny b@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > i have an old document that was done in pub95 and now need to > retrieve that info but when i use my pub98 to open the doc, it > advised it cant open older versions of publishe...

How to distrubute mfc70.dll?
Hi, My mfc applicaton needs mfc70.dll during runtime. Could I just put mfc70.dll with my app exe file in same directory or I need to copy into system32 directory during installation? Thanks, CT ...

Using Dates in a Parameter Query
I have seen a lot of postings on how to set up and use a parameter in Microsoft Query, and also store the parameter values in a cell in the Excel worksheet. This works very well with regular numbers. Dates seem to be much more of a challenge to a lot of people. I found that a Microsoft Query against our Oracle database required that dates be entered in the dd-mmm-yy format (even though other formats were acceptable in a query without parameters). Not a big problem once that was understood. But of course when a date like 25-dec-03 is entered into a cell, Excel displays it that way . ...

Problem receiving mails using VPN
Hi. I have a problem updating my folders in Outlook 2003 when I'm using th VPN at home to connect to the Exchange server. I can however send email with no problem. Outlook states that I'm connected. When it tries to update the folde showing the status "Waiting to update this folder" the Outlook icon i the system tray tells me that "Outlook is requesting data from th server" but nothing happens. I can ping the IP address (and server name) of the Exchange server. When I create a new message and try to look up the recepient from th addressbook outlook freezes. So...

Trying to publish using Publisher 2003 website. HELP!!
1. I have followed all the instructions outlined on the Publisher Web Design 2003 page. I always get the message "cannot find the URL ..." I am using the same company to host another web site for me. I can upload to that website and make changes, etc, with no problem. I must be missing someting basic, but I can't figure out what. Hello, I get this error message every time I start up publisher: ------------ "Publisher cannot load the speller or dictionary. To install the Spell Check and Hyphenation dictionary, run Publisher Setup again and choose Custom Installatio...

Excel Help stays on the tool bar- how can I use it
I have been unable to access Help while using Excel. I am using only 3 worksheets. The Help icon stays on the task bar, although a right click shows 'move' and 'size' and 'cancel', I can only cancel. hi. not sure but i think you may be clicking the wrong thing. on my xl, help is a word on the worksheet menu bar. Tools>customize>toolbar tab>check worksheet menu bar. you should be a toolbar that sez.... file edit view insert format tools data window help click help. follow the wizard. Regards FSt1 "puzzled OAP" wrote: > I have been unable t...

Using a New Function in a Query
First time I've tried this. I have created the "WorkingDays2" function from the mvp/access site. I Hope I did it correctly as it was my first. Now, I want to use this function in a query to determine the working days between two dates. I have my startdate and enddate fields and when I try to calculate the difference the error message that returns tells me I have an "Undefined Function Workingdays2 in Expression". So, how do I define this function? What should I look for as an error in the writing of the expression?.... Where did I go wrong?? Thanx for your h...

How to install Unidrv.dll programmatically
Hi I am writing a printer driver + monitor. I have created a programs that install my printer driver. How do I trigger the need of Windows printer components like unidrv.dll...? I know in an inf you invoke need=... How do I do the same programmatically? Did you find the solution to this problem? Does AddPrinterDriver() address the issue? -Jason "Denis @ TheOffice" wrote: > Hi I am writing a printer driver + monitor. > I have created a programs that install my printer driver. > How do I trigger the need of Windows printer components like unidrv.dl...

Using GP depending on whether user is in/out of the office
Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way to use GP to apply a setting depending on whether a user is logged on at the office or out of office. The setting I had in mind is enable/disable using a proxy found in Internet Options. Enable it if the user is in the office and disable it when out of the office. Is there a way to do this? Any ideas would be great. Many thanks. Mehds i m not sure any way in GPO to use for that purpose but i think u can use PAC scripting to do that (i m not quite an expert in this area) refer here - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd361918...

any one use HTTP?
What needa to be configured to make it work? Is this almost as good as being connected to the server? Josh In news:uUGUWirlFHA.664@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Josh <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> typed: > What needa to be configured to make it work? Is this almost as good as > being connected to the server? > > Josh I use http all the time - in fact, I just visited Google's website, and it works really well. ;-) I presume you mean RPC over HTTP(s) for Outlook 2003 connectivity to Exchange 2003? A lot of people like this - it's kind of a pain to set up, but it's qu...

Unable to use Send To in IE6
Following a complete reinstallation neither Outlook (nor Outlook Express) is available for email in IE6. I have looked at KB 306098 but that really applies to Outlook Express. Outlook 2002 is set up as an Exchange Client and is designated the default email program. Slipstick.com suggests editing the Open event for URL:MailToProtocol under File Types but there isn't an entry. Have tried the IE6 group! Any thoughts? Regards Chris Curtis ...

How do I subscribe to a school calendar using outlook?
I am trying to subscribe to our school calendar but an error box shows saying that I should select Gregorian instead of Lunar in the appointments options. I did that I believe but still get same message. Also, it is a vcalendar and maybe it's because of this. Not sure what to do. Thank you. Have you asked the school mail admin for the process to connect to the calendar? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Sue...

WNetEnumCachedPasswords could not be located in the dynamic link library MPR.dll
Hi Guys, I've been using my XP with Outlook 2002 for a couple of months without problems until one day these messages came out. Since then, I can't sync my PDA with my Outlook 2002. "Entry point not found: OUTLOOK.EXE: The procedure entry point WNetEnumCachedPasswords could not be located in the dynamic link library MPR.dll." What's causing this? Thanks a bunch! ...

Problems using Excel 2000 to open/save file saved in Excel 2003
I have a very large file (24mb) that was originally created in Excel XP, and recently modified in Excel 2003. When users who have Excel 2000 try to open this file it usually takes about 5 minutes to open whereas it usually takes about 20 seconds to open in Excel XP and 2003. Then if they try to save the file, an error message pops up that says the file was not saved. Thanks, Brent As another twist to this situation- before I started having this problem, I cold easily open the file in Excel 2000 when I compressed the file with Winzip it would compress from 24mb to about 3mb. Now it will ...

Syntax for using "IF"...
Trying to resolve a situation that I've got posted elsewhere on here; maybe I can do it this way if someone can help me with the syntax for using "IF". Say that column G is numbered 1-5, and column H has values of 100, 133, 322, 440, 560. I'll enter a number (1-5) in col A, and I want this to happen in col B, and I'll express it in human language: If A2=3 then B2=322...If A1=5 then B1=560. In other words, I post a number in A, then go search G for the same number, then post the corresponding H value into B. I've tried the syntax every way but the right way, I...

How do I create a boxplot using StatPlus with an unequal number o.
I've got the StatPlus add-in for Excel and have data sets with unequal number of data points. For those columns that have fewer data points, the cells are blank. I am trying to create a box plot using this data, but unless all of the columns have the exact same number of data points, I am unable to execute this function. A simple box plot is based on percentiles (0-25-50-75-100). You don't need equal numbers of measurements to determine percentiles. I have some instructions for building box and whisker plots on my web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.htm...

make a dll
Hi Stupid question I am sure, but is it possible to still make dll's in vb.net 2008??? And when the dll is compilied is it just a case of copying the dll tothe client pc or do Ij have to have like an installation setup project to install it. Am 31.05.2010 02:45, schrieb address_is@invalid.invalid: > Stupid question I am sure, but is it possible to still make dll's in > vb.net 2008??? Sure. Just create a project of type "Class Library". Note that the DLL file is actually a .NET class library (assembly). > And when the dll is compilied is it jus...

Can you calculate delta time using different entries
I import information into excel that includes a timestamp in hh:mm:ss AM/PM format. Is there a way to caluclate delta time between different events? Thanks in advance. Hi, It's done by subtraction =B1-A1 Format as H:MM:SS -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Ed" wrote: > I import information into excel that includes a timestamp in hh:mm:ss AM/PM > format. Is there a way to caluclate delta time between different ...