How to update/refresh/resize the systray after replace the windows clock with static

I been working on this clock replacement program because I never find
any open source ones.

I been having problem with the code and cant find a way to auto
update/refresh my systray to fit my clock replacement.

I already looked all over google and news groups.

Take a look at those pics

before I run the program
http://69.50.187.114/~area51/before.gif

after I run the program = notice I lost my AIM icon.... it overlapped
the AIM icon.
http://69.50.187.114/~area51/after.gif

my program is MFC based.

I decided to include my code for people to take a look at.

http://69.50.187.114/~area51/Start_Button_Clock_Changer.zip

Click on the "Change Clock" button on the dailog. you will see what I
mean.

0
elymbmx (3)
6/12/2005 3:41:51 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi,

From your code, I'm not exactly sure how you are trying to achieve this.
But I did notice that when I searched the code for "Shell_NotifyIcon", I
couldn't find it.

Have a look at the documentation for Shell_NotifyIcon and see if it allows
you to do what you require.
Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Andy.

"ELY_M" <elymbmx@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I been working on this clock replacement program because I never find
> any open source ones.
>
> I been having problem with the code and cant find a way to auto
> update/refresh my systray to fit my clock replacement.
>
> I already looked all over google and news groups.
>
> Take a look at those pics
>
> before I run the program
> http://69.50.187.114/~area51/before.gif
>
> after I run the program = notice I lost my AIM icon.... it overlapped
> the AIM icon.
> http://69.50.187.114/~area51/after.gif
>

> my program is MFC based.
>
> I decided to include my code for people to take a look at.
>
> http://69.50.187.114/~area51/Start_Button_Clock_Changer.zip
>
> Click on the "Change Clock" button on the dailog. you will see what I
> mean.

you think i need to add blank icon?

I do not think it will work very well because icons move alot.

have to lock blank icon to right side somehow.

0
elymbmx (3)

Vehicle update
If I have my car listed as an asset, can I periodically upgrade the value thru an online service? Thank You. ...

SQL Statement to Update ReorderPoint based on QTY Sold During time
I am using RMS 1.3 with SQL 2005 SQL Statement to Update ReorderPoint based on QTY Sold During certin time frame. 2weeks, 3weeks, Month, 2 Month We sell unique products where reorder level changes every 2-3 months. We want to run a SQL query and update item table with ReorderPoint and ReorderQTY based on QTY sold during specific period. Please review this SQL Statement SELECT ItemLookupCode, ReorderPoint, SUM(lastweek.Quantity) as LastWeek, SUM(lastqy.Quantity) as LastQY FROM Item LEFT JOIN TransactionEntry l...

Support for Windows Vista
I just read that Microsoft is stopping support of Windows Vista effective April 13, 2009. I hope this is not true since it means that system updates will be discontinued and Windows Essentials will no longer provide security for this Windows application. What can you tell me about this? Thanks, Gene L. "Gene L." <Camelotscc@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:2EBE3AF5-8746-491D-A95B-D534B33B569E@microsoft.com... > I just read that Microsoft is stopping support of Windows Vista effective > April 13, 2009. > > I hope this is not true sin...

search and replace with a paga break
Has anybody got a clue how I can record a search and replace macro which inserts a page break at certain results Recording it doesn't seem to work. Maybe a visual basic example Thanks in advance Emiel, Holland I think you'll have to break it down into pieces--since replace does the replacement all at once. Record a macro when you do: Edit|replace then Edit|find then Insert|PageBreak. There's an example in VBA's help on how to find the first one and keep track of its position--so you know when to quit. (I wasn't sure what "certain results" meant--for each rep...

windows mail uitgaande email
sinds gisteren kan ik geen email meer verzenden met Windows Mail. Ik krijg de volgende foutmelding: Er is een onbekende fout opgetreden. Protocol: SMTP, Poort: 0, Beveiligd(SSL): Nee, Foutnummer: 0x800C013E. Kan iemand mij vertellen wat ik moet doen? The error message you got is very typical of interference caused by=20 an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled. Email ...

"Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy"
Hello, Can someone please tell me How I can disable/enable the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" on all users or contacts? We had a RUS issue and manually unchecked the box, now need put it back, really don't want to do that one by one for over 900 users. thanks a lot! CJ Hi, This script clear the contents os "msExchPoliciesExcluded" property for all AD. This set the checkbox ON. 1 - Change the domain name at line 07. 2 - Please try in lab first !!!! ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Const ADS_PROPERTY_CLEAR = 1 ...

Outlook PST in WINDOWS/WUTEMP?
Hi, As Administrator on a Windows XP Professional machine, I deleted the contents of C:\WINDOWS\WUTEMP. Now one of my users can't access there pst file and I can't find it anywhere. Did Outlook really create her default pst file in that folder? The only other user on that computer (with Admin privilages) has their pst file in C:\Documents and Settings\Username\LocalSettings\.......... help!? Any way to recover. -Ken Whacked wrote: > Hi, > > As Administrator on a Windows XP Professional machine, I deleted the > contents of C:\WINDOWS\WUTEMP. Now one of my users can't...

update a table from a form
HELP!!!!! OK, I have an parts inventory database that when the maintenance people need a part, they look up the part and they need to enter a qty that they took. There are also fields that show how many were ordered, received. I have the form set up so that the QtyAvail = [qtyreceived]-[qtyused] and that works fine.....once. I know we shouldn't store calc data in a table, but how can I keep a running total of my inventory and also be able to run a report showing all my parts, their qty's, etc... I'm desperate! Are there any good inventory templates out there? Thanks, Bill R....

Does Money Support INternet update from TD Bank ?
I just installed Money 2004. I want to setup direct Internet update from TD Bank, I don't see it under customize updates. Does TD Bank support direct Internet downloads ? If so, how can I find out? If not, which banks in Canada support direct Internet Download ? Thanks There are no banks in Canada which support it right now as far as I know. They are all web-connect... it had something to do with some earlier banking law I think. I know that Quicken XG (CDN) boasted that is supported direct download (with the caveat that the bank had to support it). When I called the rep he said t...

Windows Live ID Login
I tried to log into my Money Plus file today and have been getting an error log into Windows Live. I can log onto Windows Live sites from a web browser just not on through Money. Has anyone else been having this problem? The following article is a very good reference to resolve this issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891338/en-us Take care, Rick H. "NealT" wrote: > I tried to log into my Money Plus file today and have been getting an error > log into Windows Live. I can log onto Windows Live sites from a web browser > just not on through Money. Has anyone else b...

Not able to send or receive with windows mail.
I have set up windows mail but are not able to send or recveive mail i have this error msg come up was wondering if someone might have some ideas on how i fix this prob. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'yahoo.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Thanks "Travnikk" <Travnikk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D31924D-1B29-49C6-AB8...

Change window title in dialog app...
I'm using AfxMessageBox to inform my users as to some action. How do I change the title (it's usually the project name) of the window that's created? In a normal SDI or MDI I can go to the string resource and change the AFX_IDS_APP_TITLE, but there is no string resource for a dialog based app. Any clues? Thanks, Fred you can use ::MessageBox instead "sftwrdvlpr" <bogus@news.com> wrote in message news:LYNdb.4962$%U5.2113@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com... > I'm using AfxMessageBox to inform my users as to some action. How do I > change the title (it'...

How to Block a Newsgroup User With Vista Windows mail
Is there a way to block a newsgroup user or kill file with Vista windows mail.I could do this in outlook express. "Brian LD" <home@home.org> wrote in message news:FC2D55BC-0699-4625-BC53-317FDF9E8E42@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to block a newsgroup user or kill file with Vista windows > mail.I could do this in outlook express. Use a message rule, select a message from that sender>on the message menu>create rule from message>2nd box, select delete. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ Right-...

Forms and reports
(Access 2002 - Windows XP Pro) I have a table "orders", a form "NewOrders" with a subform "newOrderSub", a select query called "queryTotals" and a report "rptPO" To start the process, I open NewOrders, write all the details about cost centres, delivery, etc on the main form. The details of the orders go in the subform e.g.. item ordered, cost. On the main form there is a command button with the following code behind it: stDocName = "rptPO" stLinkCriteria = "[PO_Nbr]=" & Me![PO_Nbr] Me.Refresh DoCmd.Op...

How to prevent Internet Mail Service updating all receipients' email addresses
I've had to put another Exchange 5.5 server (ExchangeB) in my organization. We already have one Exchange 5.5 (ExchangeA). ExchangeA is having major problems and I'm looking at taking this offline. It currently acts as the bridgehead server and has the Internet Mail Service connected configured accordingly. Both Exchange servers have the same Home Site and are synchronizing and replicating between each other correctly. Mailboxes have successfully been migrated from ExchangeA to ExchangeB and the client machines are recognising this and re-configuring themselves accordingly when logging...

Modifying SOP Window
Hi, I'm new to modifying windows in Great Plains. Could someone tell me how I can add the Bill To: e-mail address field to the Window: SOP_Entry or at least linked directly to it? I saw the INET field in the global field section but it doesn't let me add it to the window. Not sure if I'm doing it correctly. Any help is appreciated. Lynn Each window has a primary table linked to it, and you can only drag fields from that table onto the window. You will have to create a local field and the functionality for it, and then retrieve/save the data to the table that holds th...

Windows Installer Issue....
Hi All, A couple of weeks ago, one of our (under-protected) office PC's was infected by some sort malware or spyware (I wasn't involved in this process). Following it's removal with a new installation of Kaspersky anti-virus, Windows Installer wants to run whenever we launch certain applications. I've gone and shut-off Windows Installer globally by disabling it using the Group Policy Editor, but it(Windows Installer) still flashes up for a couple of seconds before going away. Is it possible to restore whatever was lost during the malware eradication to preven...

lpp lpp lpp lpp after installing MS Office update
Yo, homies. I also got the Autoupdate, dutifully installed it, and went off to cook some stew. When I came back, Safari was open (I'd opened it already to check out the Update info from Microsoft), and there were a dozen copies of a file called "lpp" (just like the Unix lpp?) attempting to download. I deleted them from the download list quicker than you can say Jack Robinson. I did a search on 'lpp' afterwards and just found the normal files with that string in them. What the heck is up? I haven't been doing anything exotic enough to catch a virus, but neither c...

Troubleshoot Outlook calendar update/deletion running Exchange 2007 SP1
Our clients are Office 2003 Pro SP3, server is Exchange 2007 SP1. From time to time, we have complains that deleted meetings don't get to the invitee's calendar, or it's showing updated instead of removing from the calendar. How can I investigate this? I'd assume this has to do with Outlook more than on the Exchange server? Some users have Blackberries and we have BES running, much appreciate your help. ...

Installing Exchange 2007 on Windows 2000 server
We have Windows 2000 SBS, we are thinking of upgrading to SBS 2003. We would also like to upgrade exchange to 2007. Will exchange 2007 install on Win 2000 SBS? Will it install on Win SBS 2003? Can you run exchange 2007 on a member server in SBS 2000 along side Exchange 2000? If so can you configure it to be the gateway and there for use its anti spam features? Exchange 2007 *REQUIRES* a 64 bit OS and must run on 64 bit hardware. There is no upgrade path from any version of Exchange to Exchange 2007. Regards, Hank Arnold Alan M wrote: > We have Windows 2000 SBS, we are thinking of...

Windows CE power off message
Hi, Is there a way to detect that a windows CE device is being turned off? The device is running Windows CE .NET version 4.2. We have a data input card attached that doesn't alway recover if we're in the middle of taking a measurement when the power goes off. I'd like to pause measurements before the unit shuts down. Regards, Ask in NG microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc Regards, Guido "mfr" <mfr@community.nospam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:41A6E3B8-2A04-4EEA-94EF-09958281B559@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is there a way to detect that a window...

why no video format for my windows media creating dvd
my creating dvd has only data format; have seen some references to video format as well. this prevents me from copying movies, tv shows to a dvd that can then be shown on another dvd player "webbnc" <webbnc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A5FE37C-8D1C-42D1-A095-4C34BD721155@microsoft.com... > my creating dvd has only data format; have seen some references to video > format as well. this prevents me from copying movies, tv shows to a dvd > that > can then be shown on another dvd player Your question may be better answered in a news...

Trial M04: Mutual Fund prices not updating
When does money update the prices on Mutual Funds? I am looking at the portfolio view in Money and it shows me the closing prices for wednesday August 13th, yet I'm writing this the evening (11pm) of August 14th. I've told Money to update the prices and it apparently does so as there is no error reported. My other holdings (for what it's worth, they're stocks) are showing the closing prices for August 14th. The particular mutual funds in question are FBGRX, FEQIX and FUSEX. Thanks, Jeff P.S. remove _nospam to reply directly via e-mail. It's due to the power outage ...

Windows installer service could not be accessed
OK. Already tried this:- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346 No joy. Anyone got any further ideas? Note, the laptop in question has been secured using Microsofts recommendations for security. "BertieBigBollox@gmail.com" <bertiebigbollox@gmail.com> wrote in news:0f661009-ca83-43ab-a2e4-f1b06af53e57@o10g2000yqa.googlegroups.com: > OK. Already tried this:- > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346 > > No joy. > > Anyone got any further ideas? > > Note, the laptop in question has been secured using Microsofts > reco...

Windows in TaskBar in Excel doesn't Work the Same as in Word
I'm using the Windows in Taskbar option in Excel 2002. I use this option in Word 2002. In Word when I have two documents open, each document opens up in its own window (essentially, it's like having two Word programs open at the same time). I can drag one window over to my second monitor and each window acts independent of another. When I use the Windows in Taskbar option in Excel, it does not behave the same. It holds each document in the same window - even though each document appears separately in the taskbar. Is this a limitation of Excel 2002 or a bug or a known issue...