How to trap as soon as some Windows app of the same computer sends a print job to the network printer server

Hi,
I need to write an app, which could trap as soon as some Windows app of the
same computer sends a print job to the network printer server, add some data
to JOB_NOTIFY_FIELD_USER_NAME field of the print job, and then have continue
sending.
I only concern about the new print jobs sent from the computer which run
this app, other than all print queue of the network printer. It seems that
spooler APIs such as FindFirstPrinterChangeNotification, monitor all print
job in the queue.
Is there a simple way for me?
Thank you.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

FTP server type mis-match
I am trying to use ftp from a windows host to another windows host. However, when I invoked it, I found the target host using unix syntax for ftp even tho it is a windows server, (which is why I kept getting syntax errors in my batch file). Why does the receiving windows server ftp think its a unix and how can I fix? Thanks in advance -- sacrlc "sacrlc" <sacrlc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED5151C-FEC4-453B-95D6-A18A65A92B18@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use ftp from a windows host to another windows host. >However, > whe...

MDI Child window with no borders
I would like to make an MDI Child window with no borders... that is, no title bar, no sizing borders, nothing. All I want is a blank background without ANY windows controls, borders or anything else on it (basically, I want to completely draw my own type of window). I tried turning some styles off in PreCreateWindow of my child window class, but I still get borders no matter what I turn off (so it seems). Am I forgetting something? How would I go about doing this? Thanks! Duy Lam Modify the existing child frame class, or if you have many views, create a new child frame class for the view yo...

Disconnecting network drive
Hello all I'm trying to write an app that connects/disconnects to network drives, & I'm using 'WNetAddConnection2' I don't map a drive, but just make the connection; however, if a problem arises & I can't get to use th 'WNetCancelConnection2' a network connection appears to remain open, even after the app closes. The reason say "appears" to be is because even though checking through Explorer there are no drive connected, DO 'Netstat' says there's still a connection open via netbios?? So, is there any way to break that conne...

Invisible Window
I'd like to write a MFC application that does not draw itself in OnPaint. The idea is that to close the app, one would have to kill the process in Task manager. The idea is to play .wav files of Boomhauer from King of the Hill, but the computer novices will look for the application on the task bar at the bottom, but nothing will be displayed there. Special Agent Orange wrote: > I'd like to write a MFC application that does not draw itself in > OnPaint. The idea is that to close the app, one would have to kill the > process in Task manager. > > The idea is to play .w...

How to send email with another return address.
I have a business email account at work: abcdef@work.com At home I have Outlook attached to my personal SBC Yahoo email acct: name@sbcglobal.net Is there a way I can send an email from Outlook at home and still show abcdef@work as the sender? My office IT dept won't give out the POP,.. so I can't attach it directly to Outlook at home. help appreciated Brian B. <bcbarsamian@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a business email account at work: > abcdef@work.com > > At home I have Outlook attached to my personal SBC Yahoo > email acct: > name@sbcglobal...

Undeliverable when sending calendar appointments to a user
I have been looking at this problem all day and I think it's a little more than just an outlook - calendar issue so I would appreciate any help on this. Thanx in advance. Everytime someone tries to send a user called Silvana a calendar appointment, they receive an underliverable email from a different user called Chris who has left our organisation about 4 months ago. We have been informed that this was going on for a while and we are suspecting that it began at the same time we deleted the user. The email message reads like: "Your message did not reach some or all of the int...

Saving outgoing mail on IMAP server
Hello. I'm using Outlook 2003, SP2 I have several mail accounts on IMAP mail servers, all configured in Outlook. I want to save outgoing emails on the IMAP servers instead of in the local pst file. After some research I found out that the way to go was by using rules. I find that somewhat strange, but ok. I've created the rules after a guide (for Outlook 2000) on microsoft.com. But after I created the rules and sent a test email I get an error message which says: Rules in Error Error: Cannot copy to the "Inbox.Sent" folder. Does anybody have a suggestion? Best regards,...

Why isnt my server connecting. If I have any more trouble with this passport I will just cancle all services I have buisness to tend to I am disabled with a 3yr old who wil
I am really looking forward to using your services but its getting late I am tired of playing games. I have been online with you for a couple of hours time is of essence. So please just let me know what the cost. Lets get on with it I have to still contact sss also my online bandking Time I have waisted on this passnet passport whatever is rediculouse. I love Microsoft everything so lets get moveing or I have to cancle I am running out of time. ...

How do I set up a macro to turn on Windows in Taskbar in Excel 200
I have a shared workbook in Excel 2000 that is automatically turning off Windows in Taskbar whenver it is opened and I can't see why. Does anyone out there know a macro that will automatically turn on the Windows in Taskbar option in Excel when the workbook is opened? Thanks David Lee David Add the following line code to an Auto_Open or Workbook_Open event: Application.ShowWindowsInTaskbar = True *pretty sure that was in Office 2000, I am in 2003 so I wasn't able to check... -- Charles www.officezealot.com "David Lee - NZ" <David Lee - NZ@discussions.micros...

How can I keep the copy of my email on the exchange server
the company Lan: win2003+exchangeserver2003 I use outlook on my desktop to access my email accounts and it can read all the emails on the exchange server. Then I want to use the outlook with the same setting on my laptop to access the same account on this exchange server but find there is no email. I think, maybe the outlook automatically deletes my emails on the server after downloads them to outlook. So how can I read all the eamils on both computers? Thanks No, it doesn't as long as you do not connect to it by using POP3 or have a pst-file set as your default delivery location. T...

Network Check before Moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
Hi all, I'm going to be moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 shortly, and already have a Windows Server 2003 AD environment in place, with a seemingly happy ADC connecting to Exchange 5.5. I'd like to make sure that my Windows 2003 environment is optimised before making the move to Exchange 2003, specifically I want to look at AD replication, FSMO roles, DC/GC placement and anything else that you can recommend? Does anyone have some tools/scripts/checklists that I could use for my project. If I have to go through my environment manually I can, but I'm hoping that there is ...

how to print chart located on another chart on one page?
I have one chart located as object in another chart. when I print, I get two pages I need to print both charts on one page...whole purpose of 'locating chart as object' thanks Helmt When you print the master chart (the chart sheet), doesn't it also print the embedded chart? You have to select the master chart and not the embedded chart or just the embedded chart will print. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Helmut" <Helmut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Windows 7
Can the Windows Media Player on Windows 7 be like the version 10 for XP where when it is minimized, it has the player go into the lower right hand side next to the clock and show controls for media(play, stop, previous song and next song) and show song and artist info for new songs when playing a playlist? On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 02:23:01 -0800, Live music library search <Livemusiclibrarysearch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can the Windows Media Player on Windows 7 be like the version 10 for XP where >when it is minimized, it has the player go into the lower right h...

Moving email from one computer to another 02-11-10
I am trying to move my old email (Windows Mail on Vista) to my new computer which is running Windows Live Mail on Windows 7. I've tried numerous ways to make this work by looking at previous posts but I'm having no luck. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Printer Font substitution (scale fonts)
Hello, I am currently working in a render pluging that will replace a specific true type font for a device (printer) resident font. I have created my printer fonts (ufm files), compile them into a resource dll file and prepared the gpd file accordingly. My implementations of IPrintOemUni2::OutputCharStr and IPrintOemUni2::SendFontCmd are called correctly. But I am unable to handle scale fonts. For instance, I want an original Arial 20 text to printed in a larger resident font than a text using Arial 8, but when I activate the font substitution IPrintOemUni2::SendFontCmd does no...

phishing my server/
I have set up a win2003 server with mailenabe to run my smtp and pop3 services. I have noticed a large amount of "Bad Mail" which looks as if someone is phishing me. Does anybody know if there is a way to stop this? Is this something to do with the smtp relay settings? Welcome to the world of email.... Get some anti-spam software like Trend hahaha - cheers mate. ...

Export of server side inbox rules on 5.5
Hello everyone, I was trying for 3 days to export all server side rules of the mailboxes of one Exchange 5.5 Server. I have tried with Promodag, I requested Rulesmgr via PSS, all without any usable results. The problem seems to be that I can't access the Information Store via MAPI from remote (although I let run the tool with the exchange manager account) I can't start Rulesmgr on the Server directly, it seems to be designd for Win2K, these Servers still run on NT4.0 (yes, we are migrating ;)) Does anybody know another way to export the users inbox rules? They don't have to be i...

Default Window Sizes
Hi, Does anyone know if there is a way of changing the size and location of the default window which opens when you view an object in design view? For some reason, when I design a table, the window takes up my entire application window, and when I open a query, the window is wide (off the edge of the app window) and has very little height. Just annoying as it means I need to resize these windows every time I design a table or a query. Many thanks to anyone who can give me any pointers, Jim P.S. I am using WinXP/Acc2003 Try hitting the save button after you've resized and repos...

windows\installer corrupt or unreadable
Brand new computer. Windows 7. Every time start up message in lower right reads c:windows/installer corrupt or unreadable run chkdsk utility. When I run chkdsk utility fast flash of black on monitor and message continues to pop up every time computer is rebooted. Can't find file on computer. Can't download anything receiving message that temporary files are full even when I empty them. Any advice much appreciated. -- boochose Posted via http://www.win7heads.com How does this pertain to Windows Update? boochose wrote: > Brand new computer. Windows 7. E...

sending messages
when I press "send" to send a new message, it won't send, instead it goes to the "OUTBOX". I then have to select "SEND RECEIVE" to send the message. How can I fix this problem so it will send with the "send" key. ...

How do I make and print 3x5 address cards?
I was in the wrong area when I asked this before. I am new at this and trying to figure out how to make a list of names, addresses, phone numbers, etc., that I can then print on 3x5 index cards. I want to be able to keep the information in my computer, but be able to print out cards to look it up if I'm not on the computer or to give to my sons who use Mac's instead of PC's. I figured someone had made a template for how to do this, but I haven't been able to find it. I have Office 2003 with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Can anyone help me? Thanks. You don...

send/receive error message: outlook data file cannot be accessed
After many problems with my pc, I had to reformat my harddrive. i reinstalled Office 2010 Beta and now I can't send or receive email. it worked for the first hour or so, but now I get the error message. I researched on these forums for solutions and found some suggestions (delete all data and .pst files, etc.) but none have fixed my problem. I have tried creating a new data file from within Outlook and deleting all outlook data and .pst files, but still it says it cant be accessed. now that I think of it, all these problems may have started after I compacted my pst file....

Need Info: Two Domains, One Exchange Server (2003)
To clarify my subject, I am in need of documentation as to why can't Exchange 2003 SP2 can't communicate between two domains. EX: My university has two domains. One is the main domain that most users logon to and the other is a library domain. For one reason or another, the library decided to be proactive and setup an Exchange Server for there users (in the library domain). Some of the users in the main domain wanted you use the shared functionality of the Exchange Server and were setup for that. According to what I understand I didn't know that was possible without a "two w...

Send As? (cross)
Hi, Can anybody tell me how to allow a member of a (W2K AD domain) security or distribution group to Send As (using the From field in Outlook) the group - meaning that replies to this email will return to the group. I've tried to do it on the Groups Security tab, adding the user and allowing "Send" - but this doesn't work right away - should I perhaps restart the server or stop/start the mailstore? Thanx! Jakob H. Heidelberg Denmark ...

window mail 12-08-09
I no longer am receiving my email. Instead I am receiving my husbands. What happeneded that this change occured and how do you fix it so I can receive my email? Do you have separate Vista login accounts? If you access both accounts under one login accounts, then you will get emails for both. Windows Mail dumps all email from all accounts into one Inbox. If you have separate Vista login accounts, then configure Windows Mail in each account to only access that person's email. "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E626DEF-CF...