How to spwan(in MFC)?

how to spwan???

0
fuerza (1)
8/11/2003 6:08:52 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello,

WinExec()
system()
ShellExecute[Ex]()
CreateProcess()

Regards,
Elias

0
lallous (134)
8/11/2003 6:33:31 AM
http://www.codeproject.com/system/newbiespawn.asp

--
Regards,
Nish [VC++ MVP]

"�Ϲο�" <fuerza@kebi.com> wrote in message
> how to spwan???

0
nish (347)

MFC #4
How to work in MFC without using Wizard ...

List Control Box in MFC
I am working on making a control box with MFC and I have a CStringArray in which I have all the file names stored.. Can anyone help me with where i can find code for making the controlbox. thanks in advance UMR_Smoker Do you mean a ListBox? What code? Why not use the resource editor to insert a ListBox. You can populate it using CListBox::AddString in OnInitDialog(if its a dialog app). ----------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com UMR_Smoker wrote: > I am working on making a control box with MFC and I have a CStringArray > in which I have all the file names stored.. Can anyone help ...

Weird Issue in MFC application
I have a MFC application that starts a UI thread (class derived from CWinThread) in which a hidden dialog box with a browser control on it is created. I never had any problems with this application until recently when I noticed a very strange behavior. When I close the application I signal the thread to exit, which reaches its ExitInstance method, and then I call CWinThread::ExitInstance. This call returns consistently after exactly 1 minute, which blocks the whole application, because I have to wait for the thread object to become signaled. I traced the call in MFC and it waits in the...

how to make a MDIFrameWnd in mfc extend dll.
Hello, I'm trying to use a MDIFrameWnd in mfc extend dll. I know how to make a SDIFrameWnd in DLL. But I don't know how to make a MDIFrameWnd with dynamic creation. Are there any one teach me or give a sample source. Thanks There is no difference between the two as far as placing the class in a MFC Extension DLL is concerned. What specific problem are you running into? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Chul Hyun Park" <javagoo@infinitt.com> wrote in message news:bjkigk$eld$1@news1.kornet.net... > Hello, > > I'm trying to use a MDIFrame...

warning level 4 an MFC
Hello, I would like to compile my app with level 4, but getting loads of warnings from the MFC source, like this: c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\xmemory(39) : warning C4100: '_P' : unreferenced formal parameter Am I doing something wrong? Vaclav >I would like to compile my app with level 4, but getting loads of warnings >from the MFC source, like this: Which version of VC++ are you using? Dave 6.0 "David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> p�se v diskusn�m pr�spevku news:ls5v3299bq4hblk6gt4ed0co3cbqssaqfu@4ax.com... > >I ...

Question about MFC source code.
Hi, all, I find that there are some redefinitions in afxHH.h. Something looks like this: #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E110 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E111 // aliases: MRU_2 - MRU_16 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E112 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E113 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E114 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E115 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E116 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E117 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FIL...

MFC & Class Wizard
I' wondering if someone could shed some light on MFC and/or the classwizard. I don't understand why in class wizard that some functions are implemented as message handlers, some are virtual functions and some (such as OnOK) are not supported at all and I have to add them as regular member functions. Is it just a poor implementation of MFC that the class wizard writers were forced to adhere to? Or is MFC a good implementation and class wizard just didn't go all the way there? Another example is that there is no way to add a variable for a radio control and some things like t...

CBitmapButton in MFC dialog
Hi, I want to use CBitmapButton in MFC dialogs but the AutoLoad function fails to load the bitmaps. I have done it accorfing to MSDN. Can anyone help me with that please. (Examples are better). Thanks in advance. Did you do all of this? To include a bitmap-button control in a dialog box 1.. Create one to four bitmap images for the button. 2.. Create a dialog template with an owner-draw button positioned where you want the bitmap button. The size of the button in the template does not matter. 3.. Set the button's caption to a value such as "MYIMAGE" and define a symbo...

accessing webservice in unmanaged MFC
Hi, How can I access webservice written in managed code from a unmanaged MFC application. What I am doing now is: -Add web reference to the unmanaged MFC application -Make the MFC Application to use managed extensions -Set the url of webservice during run time using set_url, I want to use the webservice without making my MFC application as managed. Can that be done? > -Make the MFC Application to use managed extensions That makes it a managed app. > I want to use the webservice without making my MFC application as managed. > Can that be done? Dont know anything about webse...

MFC in Windows CE 6.0
Hello, I have an application developed for Windows CE 5.0 by Platform Builder. A source file has the following directive : #include "Afxwin.h" and in the sources file there is the following include path : $(_WINCEROOT)\OTHERS\MFC\INCLUDE; Now, I have observed that in Windows CE 6.0 installation there isn't the above directory but the MFC files are under Visual Studio 2005 installation : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\ce\atlmfc\include If I modify the include path, the compilation fails because the compiler can't find Afxwin.h file. I th...

How to use SaveFileDialog or MFC equivalent?
Hi, I have recently installed Visual Studio 2005 and although I'm starting to understand the 64 bit differences, I seem to have run into another problem. I would like to implement a simple "Save As.." dialog box, which back in the day I remember was extremely simple, but now I can't find how I wrote the code back then, and I don't understand how to use the .NET component "SaveFileDialog". In the help files it says that in order to use SaveFileDialog, one must use: Namespace: System.Windows.Forms Assembly: System.Windows.Forms (in system.windows.forms.dll) ...

exporting MFC class in MFC extension dlls
I have two MFC Extension dlls. 1. dll #1: export a CFormView derived class -- CAitFormView 2. dll #2: Create another CFormView derived class and manually change its base class to CAitFormView. When dll #2 above is linked, I get a linker unresolved error that I don't know how to fix. I know its finding the dll #1's library because it contains other symbols that are resolved. Any suggestions? unresolved external symbol "public: static struct CRuntimeClass const CAitFormView::classCAitFormView" (? classCAitFormView@CAitFormView@@2UCRuntimeClass@@B ) referenced in func...

Okay, I need a real MFC guru
Posting on WinCE newsgroups are rearely useful when it comes to C++ stuff, so I'm trying just here. I have a few questions. 1) when you delete a pointer to a modeless dialog box, what happens to it? MSDN says "the objects destructor is called". Does this also call DestroyWindow on these windows? Or must I call DestroyWindow myself, before deleting the pointer? 2) If this modeless window I am destroying owns a modal dlg window, what happens to it? MSDN says "child windows or windows it owns get destroyed". But how? OnClose or OnDestroy of modal dlg boxes seems not to g...

How to change dialog box background color in .NET MFC?
I can find MS document ID 98201 for How to change dialog box background color in MFC 2.0 or later. I am using .NET 2005 MFC. How do I change window backgroud color for dialog based MFC? Thank you awu10 On 17 May 2006 13:43:03 -0700, awu wrote: > I can find MS document ID 98201 for How to change dialog box background > color in MFC 2.0 or later. > > I am using .NET 2005 MFC. How do I change window backgroud color for > dialog based MFC? > > Thank you > awu10 http://msdn2.microsoft.com/ko-kr/library/6skhh669.aspx ...

MFC -> CDBException
hi there... When try to delete a record, CRecordset throws a AFX_SQL_ERROR_NO_CURRENT_RECORD exception... Anybody knows what it means? My sql query is right... Ex.: CRecordset m_reg; m_reg.m_strFilter = "ID_NET=0 AND ID_CASE=107 AND NAME='gr' AND PT_PTO='Line AC 1 3 1'"; m_reg.Delete(); //exception TIA! It is telling you there is no current record so it cant delete it. You have 2 solutions: CRecordset m_reg; //.. you need more code than this as there is no SELECT ... FROM table or view m_reg.m_strFilter = "ID_NET=0 AND ID_CASE=107 AND NAME='gr' AND P...

MFC ActiveX Control Flicker in html

Embed and automate a Word document with MFC
Following link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/238611 has a good sample to embed and automate a word document with MFC. However, I can not use this sample to open an existing Word document. I am wondering if some one can give me some help here. I am also wondering if I can do this, open an existing word document and copy all contents into the new word document created in the above sample. I can not find any copy function in _Document or Documents, those 2 classes are generated from word type library. TIA for any help. emcz If you are looking for copy-and-paste, sure, t...

MFC class wizard and IDISPATCH
Hello In ATL projects wizard give us a chance to add class with Idispatch(Dual). In MFC add class wizard, there is an option for Automation but this cause to add dispintarface. Also activex control projects add interfaces with dispintarface which means user can only use late-binding. Mayeb this may performance problems. I am not sure? Is there a special reason to doesn't have an option for dual interface in MFC project wizards..? If we want to use dual interfaces in ou project, what must we do? Just manual edit? Thanks.. I think that if you want a more "COM-centric" ap...

Command line arguments / debug of a MFC SDI application
Hi. I�m trying to setup a debugging session with a predefined command line argument. The idea is to simulate a user clicking twice on an associated file. So far so god - this is fairly simple right! Just go to Project->Properties->Debugging->Command Arguments and set fx. 'c:\file.ext'. When the debugging session start m_lpCmdLine should contain "c:\file.ext". The problem is that Afx..()->m_lpCmdLine ( InitInstance() of CWinApp ) is emtpy. I am using Visual Studio .Net 7.1 Standard. Any thoughts, comments and possible solutions are welcome :-) Best regards, ...

Calling unmanaged code from managed MFC worker thread
Hi, I have an existing VC 6 MFC application which communicates asynchronly with a VC 2005 managed code dll. I use an unmanaged base class with virtual functions to access methods in the MFC application. Furthermore, I use a pointer to an unmanaged function to jump back into the managed dll. The managed part is basically a remoting enhancement which asynchronly initiates a call from the remoting thread to the MFC application. The information is collected within the main thread of the MFC application. The managed code dll is invoked via a function pointer. From the managed code addition...

Mixing MFC with WTL
Hi, I want to mix an MFC application with WTL but when I compile I get this error: d:\WTL80_7108_Beta1\include\atluser.h(407) : error C2039: 'CString' : is not a member of 'ATL' d:\WTL80_7108_Beta1\include\atluser.h(561) : see reference to class template instantiation 'WTL::CMenuT<t_bManaged>' being compiled d:\WTL80_7108_Beta1\include\atlgdi.h(2573) : error C2039: 'CString' : is not a member of 'ATL' d:\WTL80_7108_Beta1\include\atlgdi.h(3284) : see reference to class template instantiation 'WTL::CDCT<t_bManaged>'...

Excluding wav resource from an mfc application
Hi All, I work with wav files as an internal resource in my mfc application. Since its quite "heavy" I want to consider 2 things: 1. To work with some other format - say mp3 which is more compressed format, and to convert it in the run-time to wav files. 2. To exclude it completely from my application and to attach is as needed. Then the application should be capable to use it ( as a dll or something similar). Can someone refer to any of these ideas? Thank in advance Vinter I don't quite understand the problem. Why not just attach mp3 files in the same way as you are curre...

QueryInterface for user defined interface is NULL in non MFC application
Platform: VC 6.0, NT4.0 I created a class ImyObject which is derived from CCmdTarget as given below static const GUID IID_IMyObject = { 0xe71032e0, 0x60e9, 0x11d1, { 0xb1, 0xaa, 0x0, 0x0, 0x21, 0x85, 0x0, 0x10 } }; interface IMyObject: public IUnknown { virtual HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE GetObjectPointer(DWORD* pdwPtr) = 0; }; class CStorage : public CCmdTarget { public: .. BEGIN_INTERFACE_PART(PersistStreamObj, IPersistStream) ... END_INTERFACE_PART(PersistStreamObj) BEGIN_INTERFACE_PART(MyObject, IMyObject) STDMETHOD_(H...

Calling sysdm.cpl from MFC....
Hello once again, Today I am here asking if anyone has ever called SYSDM.cpl from an MFC program. I have written my application to invoke sysdm.cpl from a button inside the About Dialog box. To be honest, I was being lazy and rather than define a bunch of system related fields for a "systems Information" type of display, I thought I could simply pop open the system dialog box. This all works fine one time. When I click the button subsequent times, nothing appears to happen. The click is processed, and the call is executed, but that is all I have seen. Here is the code fragmen...

Regular MFC dll linking to Extension MFC dll (Class Size Limit?)
I have this very strange problem and I wonder if anyone can help. I have this regular MFC dll which creates a page inheriting CPropertyPage. This page places a custom MLE control on it. This custom MLE comes from extension dll. Everything was working fine. Now I needed to add more members to custom MLE to expand the functionality. When I added some arbitrarily size variable (say char cArray[20]), page crashed during the initialization. Strange thing is that dlls compile and build just fine. I found that adding char cArray[15] is fine but adding cArray[16] makes it crash. It is like there i...