How to set view titles in this scenario.

Hi
My application always creates two view on file new, file open . Its a
MDI application.
I have refered following link.
http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_view/viewmanagement/article.php/c3275/

Problem is , when I execute the application, and new document is
automatically created.
But the both view titles remain same. I want them to be xxx1:1 and
xxx1:2
but both of them display xxx1 only.

This is not the case when I manually click file->new.

How to set the proper view titles here.
thanks leee.

0
yang__lee (48)
4/5/2006 7:18:42 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The link you mentioned does not work. If you are setting titile of MDI
child frame, you can do it using SetWindowText on the childframe
itself. You will have to remove FWS_ADDTOTITLE style from it. Read
this:

http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0198/c0198.aspx

Also note that you can use OnUpdateFrameTitle to do the same.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) error
What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the error? Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) Thanks Daniel Hi Daniel, Too much missing information - has r been declared and what data type is it and what value does it have. What property of the range are you trying to store in the variable RN? What type of variable is RN and has it been declared. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Daniel" wrote: > What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the > error? > > Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) > &...

form views in docked bars
Hi, in my single document application I create a form view object as a child of a docked bar object. Anything works fine if the docked bar window is inside the frame window. If I move the docked bar outside the frame it is still ok. After finishing the program and reopen it (the bar position is saved and reloaded) only the bar appears and the form view components like buttons does not appear. Where is the mistake, or it is not possible to use a form view inside a docked bar? thanks, Steffen ...

Duplicate Detection
Hi, I have duplicate detection enabled on my system checking for unique Book numbers ("Book" being a custom entity). The duplicate detection rule is fairly simple - "Book no." "Unique match". This works just fine when I create a new book - I get the well-known dialogue box, and can chose whether to save or cancel. However, when I try to update a book and change the book number to an existing number, the top list in the dialogue box is empty, and the second isn't there at all! I uploaded a screen shot to http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZDpNEkuWea1e3KooU...

Hotmail View In Outlook 2003
After setting up the Hotmail account in Outlook 2003, I couldn't send & receive any mail from the Hotmail server. Here the error message : 'The server does not support the required HTTP methods. The Server responded 'Not Implemented' My setting for the Ouulook with hotmail are as below : Server Type : HTTP HTTP Mail Service Proviser : Hotmail Server URL : http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp (which is grey off after I select Hotmail. Connection : Connect using my LAN I appreciate if someone can help me on this. Thanks. ...

BOM View lookup should only list items with BOMs.
The current BOM VIew Inquiry lookup lists every single item in the item master table. This is awkward & unecessary. The list would be shorter and more user friendly if it only listed the items that actually do have BOMs. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message ...

How to view Outlook 2007 from Access 2007 form?
When using Access 2003 I was able to view Outlook 2003 inside a form by adding the Outlook View Control. But when trying to do the same through Access 2007, when adding the control in Design mode I could see the Outlook view, but when moving to Form view, the control is blanked and no longer show the Outlook. I found that this is a known limitation with Outlook+Access 2007. Does any one know other way to view outlook 2007 from a form in Access 2007? Gil You might try creating a HTML page that has the Outlook View Control embedded it in and then use the IE ActiveX control to ...

Aligning rows of data from multiple data sets in columns
Have table of data 2001 2002 2003 Name # Name # Name # A 23 A 33 A 29 B 20 B 22 B 29 C 15 D 36 C 12 D 33 E 20 E 48 G 19 F 12 F 19 Each year's data includes a name (A, B, C, etc.) and a number. However, not all years include all names. How can I match up names in each row so all "A's" appear in one row, "B's" in one row etc. along with their correspond...

Two SMTP connector scenario
Dear All Could you please help me to implement the scenario given below We have Exchange 2000 server running which is configured to accept mails for 5 domains that we have, and currently it is working perfect. It is configured one SMTP connector along with default SMTP virtual server to handle the mails Now I want to transfer the outgoing mails for a single domain through different route (Different IP using a Smart host) by keeping incoming mails to accept for the default IP address. My setup is given below - Exchange 2000 server has 2 internal IP addresses and the first one is published...

Business Portal eReq Title Field
I have noticed that when the # and & charachters are used in the title field anything after them will not print out on the printer friendly version. I am wondering if there is a fix for this bug? Or do we just have to avoid using these charachters and is there any other charachters BP doesn't recognize? ...

Anyone know how to set accelerator text for menu commands?
I have created a menu with text like this: "Do something\tCtrl+Left Arrow" When I run the program, this gets output in the menu as "Do something CTRL+NUM 4" Either Windows or the MFC has detected the accelerator and changed the text of the accelerator part of the menu command for me - i.e. "Ctrl+Left Arrow" has somehow become "CTRL+NUM 4". But I don't want this text. I prefer what I had. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? TIA Simon I can't see how it could possibly know what text you had there. It looks like it...

how do i set up a spreadsheet to calculate fuel milage
i want to make a spreadsheet that take my total km and liters and converts them to gallons and miles then calculates mpg 1 liter = 0.264172051 US gallon 1 miles = 1.609344 kilometers A = Kilometers B = liters =(A1*1.609344*0.264172051)/B1 OK, I've probably overdone it with the significant digits, but there's your equation. "Dmds" <Dmds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:670B36AA-3E5F-4597-889E-81BDB4FF8DDB@microsoft.com... >i want to make a spreadsheet that take my total km and liters and converts > them to gallons and miles then calculates ...

server setting don't activate
I was using outlook 2003 and I didn’t find any problem to activate my account, But when I upgrade to the version 2007 wish is already activated , when I tried to set my same email account it don’t work Thanks a lot Fadi Fadi wrote: > I was using outlook 2003 and I didn�t find any problem to activate my > account, But when I upgrade to the version 2007 wish is already activated > , when I tried to set my same email account it don�t work Thanks a lot You cannot activate e-mail *accounts* at the mail server using Outlook. You have to do that with whatever means the e-mai...

Advanced Find 'Set' queries
Is it possible to use advanced find to perform any type of set query? Example: have setup a m-m relationship to a contact type lookup table (tried using v4 m-m feature and older technique (xref table and m-1 relationships to contact and lookup table). The issue of course is that you can't ask a question such as 'give me all contacts that are contact type A AND contact type B since you need to somehow define the set of records to look at instead of evaluating them one by one. One approach that seems to work is to use the marketing list functionality to add all contacts with co...

application wide font setting
Is there a way of defining an application wide default font? Is somehow annoying to take care of this everywhere I draw some text. TIA -- Torsten Not easily. It's easier to call SelectObject(GetStockObject(DEFAULT_GUI_FONT)). The alternative would be to make all your window classes CS_OWNDC and do the SelectObject only once. This wastes a bit of memory on NT/2K/XP, and eats up system resources on 95/98/Me. -- Tim Robinson (MVP, Windows SDK) http://www.themobius.co.uk/ "Torsten Curdt" <tcurdt-REMOVE@web.de> wrote in message news:bj4adj$everv$1@ID-37954.news.uni-berlin....

Trouble applying data set to other shapes #2
Hello, I posted this earlier, but it may not have been sent. So I am sending it again. I have put together a data set for one of the objects in my Visio 2007 Professional drawing. For simplicity, let's say that the shape is a circle. I then want to apply the same data fields to another shape that's already on my drawing. Let's say that this other shape, that does not yet have a data set attached to it, is a square. So here is what I am doing, but apparently I am making a mistake somewhere: I click on the circle and look in the Shape Data Sets window, and I see the name...

Templates open in "Normal View" not "Print View"
I have some Hotdocs Templates that I have developed. Some of them open in "Normal View" and not "Print View." This happens even though I've saved the templates in Print View. Other templates open in "Print view" as expected. How can I control how templates will open? Also I should add I'm using Word 2000 and Hotdocs 6. Futhermore it also seems I cannot set the zoom. A template that's saved to be 100% percent keeps opening at 150%. How do I set this? "mja" <and_mike@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uZEX1m1ALHA...

Message title is blank
Using Outlook 2000, I have noted lately that when I reply to an email stored in my pst file, the information does not have a subject line or a message text from me as it supposed to have. It is just an envelope that is blank. Any idea what is causing this behavior and how to resolve this? It does not happen from my mailbox itself but only from my pst files that are stored on the network. ...

Can I reverse order of set of cells if original is left to right .
We obtain data from an instrument into Excel in the opposite order from what we need. Is there any way to reverse the order of the cells, not just transpose from horizonal to vertical, for example, but to physical change the order going from left to right to now going from right to left (not on a graph but in the excel cells.) Not sure I understand what you want, but you can Sort from Left to Right. Go to Data|Sort. When the dialogue box opens, Pick Options in the bottom Left corner. Then, switch to Sort Left to Right. tj "ReverseOrder" wrote: > We obtain data from an in...

e-mail set up
hello, i am new to setting up an e-mail account. i purchased a new notebook and wanted to change my existing hotmail account to be able to use outlook express. i keep getting errors on my set up but dont understand can you help. this is the last message i recieved: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the prope...

Viewing ALL text entry for a cell
I have a spreadsheet which has a cell with long written descriptions for item entries in each row. Some descriptions are pretty lengthy and the cell seems to cut off the text entry once it's reached a particular length. How can I have the cell display the full text entry? I've got the cell formatted to wrap text and seems to do fine, until you reach a certain lenth (character count)??? Is there a max character count in the cells? If so, can that be changed?? I am using Excel 2000. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ from Excel XP help - Length of cell contents...

Setting a cell to not go below an X value, or above a Y value
Hey, This may be very easy to do, but I just don't have a clue, I've look a most excel variables and they just seem to choose MIN and MAX fro columns or tables. What I want to do is I've got the sum adding up say cells A2 and A3 i cell A4. I want cell A4 to never go below 80, or above 200. (Formula in cell A would be =SUM(A2:A3)) Anyone think they can help -- Snake ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Snakey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2785 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...

How do I set up a digital signature for my e-mail account?
I would like to know how I set up a digital signature for my e-mails? Do you mean a regular signature ?? Tools/options/signature picker ???? Steve "machen@shaw.ca" wrote: > I would like to know how I set up a digital signature for my e-mails? ...

How to set wall paper.
Hi, Can u please suggest some way to set wall paper on the active desktop. Thanks in advance, Sreekanth Hi dave, THanks for ur help. Its working for me. Regards, Sreekanth. >-----Original Message----- >>Can u please suggest some way to set wall paper on the >>active desktop. > >SystemParametersInfo SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER > >Dave >-- >MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq >. > ...

chart axis Titles
I cannot get the x axis to display the complete title typed in... How do I get it to display the full title? Thanks -- seedbankstudy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ seedbankstudy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27207 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473489 ...

List views
I have a list view in which I have selected grid lines in report mode. The grid lines show ok until I scroll down and then the horizontal line fall out of step colliding with the text. Does anyone know what is happening here and how to fix it? >I have a list view in which I have selected grid lines in report mode. The >grid lines show ok until I scroll down and then the horizontal line fall out >of step colliding with the text. > >Does anyone know what is happening here and how to fix it? Sadly, the fix is to switch off the grid lines :( PSS ID Number: 813791 "B...