How to set dependencies on project

Hello all,
I have created a separate build on an existing project and copied settings 
from the existing project (Build->Configurations->Add). When I build the new 
project, it does not pickup any of the dependencies from sub-projects (ie I 
get link errors for all of them). Can someone tell me where to set these for 
the new project? The Project->Dependencies dialog list all dependencies for 
the project and are checked.
Thanks 


0
mike
11/22/2006 2:42:30 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

7 Replies
693 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 8

mike wrote:
> Hello all,
> I have created a separate build on an existing project and copied settings
> from the existing project (Build->Configurations->Add). When I build the new
> project, it does not pickup any of the dependencies from sub-projects (ie I
> get link errors for all of them). Can someone tell me where to set these for
> the new project? The Project->Dependencies dialog list all dependencies for
> the project and are checked.

You probably need to change build order. In VS2005, you can right click
on solution and the context menu click on Projet Dependencies or
Project Build Order and change these as needed.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
11/22/2006 2:49:58 PM
Sorry I should have mentioned, I am using VC++ 6.0.

"Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:1164206998.537085.190590@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
>
> mike wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> I have created a separate build on an existing project and copied 
>> settings
>> from the existing project (Build->Configurations->Add). When I build the 
>> new
>> project, it does not pickup any of the dependencies from sub-projects (ie 
>> I
>> get link errors for all of them). Can someone tell me where to set these 
>> for
>> the new project? The Project->Dependencies dialog list all dependencies 
>> for
>> the project and are checked.
>
> You probably need to change build order. In VS2005, you can right click
> on solution and the context menu click on Projet Dependencies or
> Project Build Order and change these as needed.
>
> ---
> Ajay
> 


0
mike
11/22/2006 3:07:23 PM
mike wrote:
> Sorry I should have mentioned, I am using VC++ 6.0.
> 

You can do this in VC6 under Project->Dependencies menu 

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
11/22/2006 3:15:13 PM
Thanks Ajay; sorry but I guess I was not clear in my description. I'll try 
again

I have a project called A which in the FileView pane I have inserted 
multiple other projects. Project A is dependent on these projects. When I 
select project A in the FileView pane and select Project->Dependencies, the 
dialog shows all of the sub-projects and I select them all for project A.

On Build->Configurations I select project A and click Add and then select 
Copy settings from project A and create new project B.
I select Build->Set Active Configuration to project B. When I select 
Project->Settings and select project B, it shows project A as the 
dependency. When I build project B, I get link errors for all sub-projects 
of A. When I select Project->Dependencies, there is no selection for project 
B; only A

Hope this is more clear
Thanks


"Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:1164208512.588703.85550@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
> mike wrote:
>> Sorry I should have mentioned, I am using VC++ 6.0.
>>
>
> You can do this in VC6 under Project->Dependencies menu
>
> ---
> Ajay
> 


0
mike
11/22/2006 3:57:39 PM
mike wrote:
> Thanks Ajay; sorry but I guess I was not clear in my description. I'll try
> again
>
> I have a project called A which in the FileView pane I have inserted
> multiple other projects. Project A is dependent on these projects. When I
> select project A in the FileView pane and select Project->Dependencies, the
> dialog shows all of the sub-projects and I select them all for project A.
>
> On Build->Configurations I select project A and click Add and then select
> Copy settings from project A and create new project B.
> I select Build->Set Active Configuration to project B. When I select
> Project->Settings and select project B, it shows project A as the
> dependency. When I build project B, I get link errors for all sub-projects
> of A. When I select Project->Dependencies, there is no selection for project
> B; only A
>
> Hope this is more clear
> Thanks
>

This simply assigns the build order. You still need to specify in link
option for Project B to link a.lib. Are you doing it?

----
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
11/22/2006 6:08:19 PM
Project B was building all of the files associated with project A but was 
not linking the sub-projects of A.
I thought (was hoping) that VC would automatically link to the sub-projects. 
But I had to define all of the sub-project libraries in the link setup. What 
a pain.
Thanks Ajay

"Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:1164218899.072225.96220@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>
> mike wrote:
>> Thanks Ajay; sorry but I guess I was not clear in my description. I'll 
>> try
>> again
>>
>> I have a project called A which in the FileView pane I have inserted
>> multiple other projects. Project A is dependent on these projects. When I
>> select project A in the FileView pane and select Project->Dependencies, 
>> the
>> dialog shows all of the sub-projects and I select them all for project A.
>>
>> On Build->Configurations I select project A and click Add and then select
>> Copy settings from project A and create new project B.
>> I select Build->Set Active Configuration to project B. When I select
>> Project->Settings and select project B, it shows project A as the
>> dependency. When I build project B, I get link errors for all 
>> sub-projects
>> of A. When I select Project->Dependencies, there is no selection for 
>> project
>> B; only A
>>
>> Hope this is more clear
>> Thanks
>>
>
> This simply assigns the build order. You still need to specify in link
> option for Project B to link a.lib. Are you doing it?
>
> ----
> Ajay
> 


0
mike
11/22/2006 6:29:36 PM
mike wrote:
> Project B was building all of the files associated with project A but was
> not linking the sub-projects of A.
> I thought (was hoping) that VC would automatically link to the sub-projects.
> But I had to define all of the sub-project libraries in the link setup. What
> a pain.

This is how its supposed to work. You have to be explicit in letting a
project know what libs it needs. You can have multiple projects in a
workspace which dont relate to each other as far as linking is
concerned but may need to build in a particular order. Heck, you may
not even a workspace and yet your project should be able to build.
Build order is a workspace attribute(dsw), while linking is project
specific(dsp). A .dsp should be clear in what all is needed to build it
and it does not reference dsw.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
11/22/2006 6:32:23 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Documents & Settings vs. Users folders
OS: Vista Business; upgraded from Win XP Pro SP3. Joined to a WinSer 2003 domain. I just noticed that I have (near) identical files and folders in my C:\Documents and Settings folder and the C:\Users folder. Is this because it was an upgrade? Is there a way to eliminate one of them to free up some HD space? -- Mike Webb Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc. a conservation non-profit (501 (c)(3)) organization Wood River, NE In article <8B0B66B9-1E62-479D-BC74-BF79A50895E6@microsoft.com>, Mike_in_Nebraska@newsgroup.nospam says... > > OS: ...

Outlook does not d/l entire imap message, though it is set to
I am using Outlook 2007 and am having trouble getting it to consistently download an entire message instead of just the headers. I went into Define Send/Receive Groups to specify the particular folder in question, and selected it as being one for which all items incl. attachments should be completely downloaded. However, many times it only grabs the header. Is this a bug? And how can I make it always download the complete item? Thanks, Garrett "Garrett" <Garrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:710C17CC-B12C-452F-BF95-DC2317E572A6@microso...

Can I set up a calendar lookup for date selection
Is it possible to lookup a calendar for date selection on a cell. I cannot find any reference to it in the help. try this url http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm ================= "Tangoxray" <Tangoxray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72D4DB63-1D7F-477A-93C7-2F767A207B26@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to lookup a calendar for date selection on a cell. I cannot > find any reference to it in the help. ...

Extract account set info in FRx?
Does anyone know how to extract all the account set definitions in FRx to a file? I've set up so many of these it would be nice to be able to dump them off so I can keep better track of them. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 ...

How do I set a Word doc to always print manual feed?
In Word 2003, you'd go to page setup, paper source. I can't find anything comparable in 2007. I print a lot of labels & letterhead & need this. The dialog is the same - click the arrow bottom right of the Page Setup Group on the Page Layout tab. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>&...

Project...
Hi All, I am working on a project to develop a live form on the network. Basically it's for comunications between the depts. What I'm trying to do is have a form to enter what the depts. are producing now and a sub form that would display the info. after it's been entered. it did work fine when I go from the main form to the sub form, but then when I go back the the main form to update info, it crashes. I used stream reader in the sub form to display the info and stream writer for the main form to enter info. so the problem or question is can I have a file ...

Outlook Email To email address dependent on dropdown value
I have the vba code in my word 2003 form to send an email to a specific address etc. What I want to do is depending upon the value of a specific dropdown field send to a different email address. So, if the value is 1 then send to me@thisemail.com but if the value is 2 then sent to them@thisemail.com. I've looked everywhere on this group and can't find an answer. Could someone help me out please. thanks so much you guys are great! The following should work Sub Send_As_Mail_Attachment() ' send the document as an attachment _ in an Outlook Email message Dim b...

How do I set up an out of office auto response?
Hi: I'm a new user to Outlook and I was trying to initiate an "out of office response"/auto reply for one of my colleagues. Can you help me out? Thank you so much. JenniferC <JenniferC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi: > I'm a new user to Outlook and I was trying to initiate an "out of > office response"/auto reply for one of my colleagues. Can you help > me out? Thank you so much. http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Brian Tillman Yet another stupid question what is the OOA & how do I enable it? "Brian Tillman&qu...

I need a rectangular label set for a DVD case.
not the square ones... but one that's rectangular, approx 7.25 x 5.25 inches. Thanks!! debbieT debbie@truesoaps.com ...

different versions
I created a calendar @ work with a higher version of Publisher. I am trying to access the file @ home, but I have 2000 and it says it can't open it. What can I do? You will have to save the calendar at work as a Publisher 2000 document. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jabrjawz" <jabrjawz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57F19583-7E3D-4EF3-B384-ABDA85A33AF6@microsoft.com... >I created a calendar @ work with a higher version of Publisher. I am trying > to access the file @ home, but I have 2000 and it says it can't open it. > What...

security setting for PO comments
Using GP 9.0 i am trying to allow my purchasing people to add comments to the PO. Apparently they do not have security access to the comment area and I can not figure out specifically where in advanced security this clearance is granted. Typically, they should be able to select from pre-written comments on the PO form. To create new comments, they need access to the Create New Comment window. Sorry, I dont have a copy of 9 on my laptop to give you the exact window location in AS but this might get you headed in the right direction. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 200...

How can I set the padding to zero if the document is pdf?
<li><a href="Doc1.pdf" target="DocFrame">Doc1</a></li> <li><a href="Doc2.htm" target="DocFrame">Doc2</a></li> I have statements like the above. DocFrame is an iFrame element that is inside a Div with nonzero padding set. For an html document that looks like a letter this put white space around the text that looks like the margin you normally would see in a letter. But for a pdf document it does not look good. How can I set the padding to zero if the document is pdf? I have no idea how...

Setting up email to work
I created a webpage for my company and when I created the send button I went into Format Form Properties and selected Submit and then went to Form Properties. I then selected Send Data to me in Email and entered in a valid Email. However when I go to test the web page and I enter in the required information and I click Send I get a The Page Cannot Be Displayed error and HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed. What do I do? Reference: "Publisher web publication forms 101": http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx DavidF "Russ" <Russ@discussions.mic...

Relocate My Outlook Look / Excel Settings
I have changed my system because of some unavoidable reason. I was using Windows 2000. And still using win 2000 How can I transfer my outlook settings (look, style, groupings, contacts, calendar, OE settings with Newsgroups ...in short all settings related to outlook & outlook express). Also If possible kindly tell me how can i transfer MS Office settings in general to my new system. Please please any suggestions / advices regarding relocation from old-system to new-system will be highly appreciated. Regards, Murtaza Hi Murtaza, That's a pretty good situation, two systems that w...

Select Records that fall in an external set of ranges (subquery)
HiI have not done subqueries before so I am a bit confused. I have twotables1 - Phone Numbers - (converted to be numeric) (with other fields forlater) and2 - Exchange codes - multiple entries for code with 3 fields -Exchange name (duplication) - Start Range and End Range.I want to return a list of phone numbers that fall into the range fora certain exchange.For example - MRSPOO has 4 entries in the Exchange Table with 4distinct ranges. 200-299, 307-788, 997-1102 and 2036-6698. I would like to be able to return all the phone numbers for a singleexchange code that I would select (using a query...

Customization option disappears under settings
Sometimes when we are logged onto Web crm we can see the customizations button on the navigation pane under settings. Other times it has disappeared altogether and the only way to get it back is to delete the temporary internet files. Does anyone know of a permanent solution for this? I assume this is CRM4. Do you also have CRM Outlook client on this machine? I have found that the Customisations option is not always avaliable in the outlook client, and if you have opened outlook before opening the web, the option will not be in the web client. You can change this my editing the isv.c...

HTML Project 4 School
I'm working on an HTML Project at school for my Computer Applications 1 Class, and one of the assignments is to join a newsgroup. So I'm completing my assignment.The computer won't let me view the other messages posted; therefore I can't respond to any of them. So basically I have nothing to say except that I'm trying to complete my assignment ...

Setting x-axis crosses with VBA
I have a chart that at the moment has a vertical range from -70 to -92. I'm trying to set the horizontal axis to cross at the minimum value, in this case -92. Using With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue) .Crosses = xlMinimum It crosses at -70. If I use xlMaximum I get the same thing. Using .Crosses = xlCustom .CrossesAt = -92 it crosses at -92. however, I need it to be dynamic so the x-axis labels stay below the data field. Am I using xlMinimum in a place it cannot be used? Any help will be appreciated. In the format axis dialog, there is no way to specify tha...

How turn on Classic Pivot Table Settings
How does one turn on Classic Piviot Table Setting from Excel 2007. ...

Project Manager 2007 queries
I am considering purchasing Proect Manager for my my Planner, we are a small office who a familiar with the basics but have a few queries which are a little more detailed, I hope someone may able to advise on:- 1. Reporting - What are the options for importing and exporting documents and the number of format types, are they clear and easy to learn and use ? 2. Graphs - Is graphical data readily available, are there differing options of graphs and are the tools for producing them clear and easy to use ? 3. Sand pits - Are there areas where 'offline' working is availabl...

dependent combo box list, with indirect reference
I would like to create a dependent combo box. I have a cell linked to anothe combo box, say C1. I have one list in D1:D4, another list in E1:E3. In C2, I have value "D1:D4", in C3 I have "E1:E3". For the input range for the combox, I tried "=INDIRECT(IF(C1=1,C2,C3))", but only got an empty list. Is this 'illegal'? Thanks, Iyue Debra Dalgleish shows how to do this with Data|Validation. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Maybe you could use her technique on your comboboxes. If no, then post back with a little more info... Comboboxes from the ...

Control the day & time in project accounting ( timesheet & equip.
We need to control the time sheet in project accounting as follows: No same time should be allowed to be entered on the timesheet & equipment log for the same project & cost category. In addition, the times should be controlled in way not to allow an employee to work on 2 or 3 projects at the same date & time. In addition, no equipment should be to work in 2 or more projects at the same date & time Thank you -- Joseph Abou Nader MCSA MCBMS Specialist ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes....

Set the color of grid depend on variable
I'd like to set the color of cells (sheet1) [A1...A8] -> Red [A9...A28] -> Green [A29...A44] -> Blue [A45...A54] -> Red .... based on data from sheet2 Start Stop Color 1 8 Red 9 28 Green 29 44 Blue 45 54 Red ..... How to do it ? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Radoslaw Krzyzan , pl.communicator@radek http://www.communicator.pl , ICQ 4336523 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hi for only three colors have a look at 'format - conditional Format'. For more than 3 conditions you need VBA -- ...

Beta MS Project 2010
Hello, When will be MS Project 2010 Full version Available? When can this version expected to release?. Now MS project Beta is avail for download. Is there any DVD or CD avail for order this beta version MS Project 2010. Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0085_01CACB39.AC9B1720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Karthick, The beta download site is here: = http://www.microsoft.com/project/2010/en/us/default.aspx=20 Retail versions should be available in June...

calculating different percentages depending on amount
I'd appreciate help with a formula I need a formula to calculate the following 4.5% of any amount up to and equal to $41,100.00 PLUS 6.00% on an amount above $41,100. ie $20,000 would be (20,000 x .045) $900.00 ie $50,000 would be [(41,100 x .05) + (8,900 x .060)] $2,383.50 Thanks Pete -- pgruenin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pgruening's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2601 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47878 Here's one which may work. Just substitute...