How to render modified XML DOM to HTML document when using CHtmlVi

Hi,
I used CHtmlView component for my app. I navigated to an XML file and then
retrieved the XML DOM using IDispatchEx (ref:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwebteam/html/webteam05072001.asp
Straight XML). The XML DOM was appended with a new element but the change
doesn't reflect in the view. How do I update the HTML Document without
re-loading the file (as changes are made in the DOM and not the file).

0
SST8338 (2)
10/19/2005 6:51:01 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

who is using the backend-database
How can I easily see who is using the backend database? I can tell from the presence of a ldb-file that it is in use - but I dont know by who... Any suggestions on how to get that information from the ldb? -- Diane Open the .ldb file with Notepad. You might be able to see who is in it. just don't edit or change the .ldb file. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "DianePDavies" wrote: > How can I easily see who is using the backend database? > > I can tell from the pres...

Use Datedif but for future dates
I have a formula for identifying years, months, days from a past date to now. DATEDIF(C6,NOW(),"y")&" Y, "& DATEDIF(C6,NOW(),"ym")& " M, " & DATEDIF(C6,NOW(),"md") & " D" I'd like a formula that can produce the same format (years, months, days) between now and a future date. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Bart Hi Bart Try this with the date in A2 =IF(TODAY()<=A2,DATEDIF(TODAY(),A2,"Y") & " y " & DATEDIF(TODAY(),A2,"ym") & " m","-"&...

Error generating xml document during serialization: Project speci
I'm getting the above error in 1 solution/project for the following code but the exact same code works fine in other projects. References are the same. I also get xml serialization error from a web services in this solution, but the exact same calls and code work in other soutions. I compared the underlying sln, proj, etc, files, and they appeared to match among working and this non working solution. Anybody have any ideas? Dim serializer As New System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer(GetType(Licensing.License)) Dim oMemStream As New IO.MemoryStream Dim oLicense As ...

Creating and using a new category.
Hello everyone smarter then I am. I have another question. I am attempting to make it so that I am able to synchronize a contacts list located in a public folder to a handheld device. I was told to create a new category as opposed to a folder to do this. I have created a new category, but I am unsure how to associate the public folder (contacts) with this newly created category. Does anyone know how to do this? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -- darylakagod ...

Creating opportunity using CRM api
Looking for an example of how to load the crm api to create an opportunity using C#. I'm way new to this and have downloaded the CRM 3.0 sdk but not sure how I access the information it contains. What I'm hoping to find is an example of creating an opportunity with just the necessary information so I can build on it from there. I appreciate any help! Hi Jeffa When you install the SDk you will notice there is a help file in the installed directory of the SDK, I think it is crmsdk3_0.chm Open the helpfile and search for create, there are lots of examples let me know if you get s...

How to subclass a edit control to a document view class?
Hi, I want to change the default edit control of a subclass of CRichEditView to my customized subclass from CRichEditCtrl. Does anybody know how to do that? I saw some examples using DDX_Control() function, but since the editview is created dynamically, I don't know how to get the control ID in the parameter. Any idea? Thanks. -- maggie zhang "maggie" <maggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4F68721-4845-4BA2-B6B4-4637CBC7FDB0@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I want to change the default edit control of a subclass of CRichEditView to > my customiz...

Using xy chart labeler
I've installed the XY Chart labeler, but I'm not sure what to do next. How do I make it work so I can label my charts? I don't see anything different in Excel. I'm not familiar with add-ons. Thanks On Sat, 24 Mar 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I've installed the XY Chart labeler, but I'm not sure what to do next. How >do I make it work so I can label my charts? I don't see anything different >in Excel. Now you've installed it, click on the _Tools option on the menu bar. At ...

Using a Query to give me the 160th and 320th etc.
I need to create a Query that only shows me the 160th record, 320, 480 etc. Can anyone tell me how this can be done? -- -The Novice Learn Today, Teach Tomorrow Great Success is ones ability to ask for Help. If your records are numbered (i.e., if they include a sequence number field), you could try using the Mod() function to take every 160th record. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "TheNovice" <TheNovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:811C7D2A-C791-4972-9E32-FFBEDD4A264A@microsoft.com... >I need to create a Query that only shows me...

XML in VC++
Hi, Are there any classes supported in VC++ for creating and using XML XSD and DTD. I did a lot of research, but could not find any Help Dwaach Does msxml provides this functionality. If it does then u can #import msxml dll and use it. "dwaach" <xbhishek.xsthxnx@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1122464112.595994.245660@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Are there any classes supported in VC++ for creating and using XML XSD > and DTD. > > I did a lot of research, but could not find any > > Help > Dwaach > ...

Inserting Photos using mail merge...
We have a project where variable data is used, the client now wants us to insert the photo of the person (rep) on variable data cards. Our tif files are kept in a seperate directory. We are using excel spreadsheets to pull the text data and would like to tie the photo into the spreadsheet to pull from. Is this possible and can someone send me instructions. Thanks TO Hi TOwens (tom@burkeservices.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || We have a project where variable data is used, the client || now wants us to insert the photo of the person (rep) on || variable data cards. Our tif fi...

How to handle apostrophe in xml
Hi all, I am calling a web service that returns the characters &#39; wherever an apostrophe occurs in my xml results. This is through SharePoint. For instance, if I have the text Today's News I get Today&#39;s News. How can I convert this to Today's News easily? Thanks AGB wrote: > I am calling a web service that returns the characters &#39; wherever > an apostrophe occurs in my xml results. This is through SharePoint. > For > instance, if I have the text Today's News I get Today&#39;s News. > > How can I convert this to Today's ...

Child Domain using Exchange server in Parent domain
Hello all! I'm experiencing 1 minor issue with our Exchange Server 2003 SP1 box communicating with a newly created Active Directory Child Domain (Windows 2003 AD). I am getting the following error(s) and have looked at the following Microsoft Knowledge base articles. First event log entry: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8270 Date: 11/6/2006 Time: 1:24:53 PM User: N/A Computer: CNMS02 Description: LDAP returned the error [20] No Such Object when importing the transaction dn: <GUID=260C2747-266D-4050-9994-2E944DEF85F1>...

Question about an xpath depending on two xml nodes

Trouble using XmlValidatingReader against an XSD schema containing MaxLengths
Hello, I am using the XmlValidatingReader to validate xml against an XSD schema. Some of the elements in the XSD have a max length set. I am having issues validating fields containing xml 'special' characters. The validator barks that I have exceeded the max length when in fact the actual text is below the max length. I have determined that the validator is not taking these encoded characters into account. So for example, I have a field with a max length of 12 set on the XSD. When the element contains 'This & That' (length 11) I get a validation error thrown because it...

link to last line used
I have a workbook with several sheets. Each sheet has numerous lines that are filled in on a weekly and or daily basis. The last sheet in the workbook is a small form that will have the data from the last line used in one of the other sheets. I want to have excel automatically reference the last line used on a specific sheet. Any ideas. I prefer to stay away from visual basic .. There is no living soul that understands all of visual basic! Thanks Billy in Virginia Billy will the data be text or numeric? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 &...

Modify the style of CEdit
Hello gruop: I want modify the style of CEdit. My new style is READONLY, bat I don't know to do. I've proved: void CEditDlg::OnSoloLectura() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here m_Edit.ModifyStyle(0,ES_READONLY); } and void CEditDlg::OnSoloLectura() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here m_Edit.ModifyStyle(0,EM_SETREADONLY); } but anything do. thanks in advance JUJO wrote: > > Hello gruop: > > I want modify the style of CEdit....

FUTA / SUTA Values are incorrect
I need to print FUTA reports but the numbers are incorrect. Does anyone know how to adjust the FUTA / SUTA values in Great Plains? If you're wanting to change the rates, go to Microsoft Dynamics GP>Tools>Setup>Payroll>Unemployment Tax. From here you can select the state(s) involved and change the values. -- Phil Camp Director of Information Hopkinsville Milling Company "Jay" wrote: > I need to print FUTA reports but the numbers are incorrect. Does > anyone know how to adjust the FUTA / SUTA values in Great Plains? > . > ...

Use Internet mail when offline
Hi All, I am using Outlook 2000 Sr1 with Exchange server 2000 When away with my laptop I am working offline, I dial to the Internet using a modem but when sending an e-mail it trys to connect to the Exchange server remotely to send it ... and stays in outbox folder. Is any way to get use only internet mail to delivery e-mails even when working online? Is any way to send e-mails using internet e-mail on dialup connection when I am away ? Regards, Ad Garett It sounds like you have your Exchange mail and Internet Mail in the same profile. Try separating them into 2 separate profiles, wit...

stop duplicate entries using validation
I have a named range (one entire column) where I would like to enter SSNs using the data form, But I do not want any duplicate entries. I know the validation function can be used! But I can't seem to find the way. can anyone help? Dennis, Use Data Validation. Select column A, goto menu Data>Validation, change the Allow option to custom, and enter a formula of =COUNTIF(A:A,A1)=1 -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dennis" <denneca@earthlink.net> wrote in message new...

How do I exclude first pages in document for TOC
I want to exclude the first 3 pages from a table of contents. I do not know how to do this. Also I want to have some pages potrait and some pages landscape within the document. When I change one page from potrait to landscape they all change. How do I include dynamic references in a document. example. I have standard on page seven. I want to live reference (shortcut) to this standard from page 54 and page 183. Haven't be able to figure this out. Thanks for the help. On what are you basing the Table of Contents? If it is based no Heading Styles, you should not use...

import xml into access
Dear all, I have a list of xml documents (same format) in the folder. How can I scan all these files and import them into access table (access 2003) by coding? Please help!!! Do you have similar code for me to take reference? Thanks, On Sep 3, 1:51 pm, "Raymond Chiu" <rchiu...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a list of xml documents (same format) in the folder. > How can I scan all these files and import them into access table (access > 2003) by coding? > Please help!!! > Do you have similar code for me to take reference? > > Thanks,...

Graphics in HTML Email
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C3EA75.0A902D40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm not sure how this works technically. However, I know that if you = insert graphics into an HTML email in Outlook, Outlook keeps a copy of = the graphic to be referenced as a separate part of the message. The = problem I am running into is that this happens even when the graphic is = referenced as a link to a file on a server (as opposed to being pasted = into the document). So, for example, if...

I have an Outlook 2007 CD/not sure if all 3 product keys are used
Is there a way to tell if all 3 licenses have been installed/used/registered? We have labeled all of our other Office Product CDs, but this one doesn't have a label. Is there anywhere to enter the product key to see if it has been used? Vicki K wrote: > Is there a way to tell if all 3 licenses have been installed/used/registered? > We have labeled all of our other Office Product CDs, but this one doesn't > have a label. Is there anywhere to enter the product key to see if it has > been used? Outlook does not come in a "three key" version. ...

using assemblies in workflows
Hello, we know how to build assemblies and how to use it in a rule form but we need to use a result of an assembly in an e-mail. For a better understanding here is an example. The content of a rule form: when chance is created myAssembly: ID-string (myAssembly is the name of the assembly call, ID-string is the action name) E-Mail To: owner; Subject: new chance Stop Now some questions: How can I use ID-string, the result of myAssembly(), in the following e-mail (there is no field or something to store a result)? How to get the result of an action into E-Mails? And very general: w...

How can I develop booklet using folded 11 x 17 paper
I want to print a newsletter in portrait orientation on 11 x 17 paper to be folded once. I use a cd to print from and need the pages alligned so the commercial printer can print one sheet of 11 x 17 two sided, folded in the middle so I end up with a four page 8.5 x 11 newsletter. You could do like I do - give the printer a .pdf file with your newsletter laid out as four pages that are 8� x 11 and let your printer deal with the rest. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Nicholai Wortman" <Nicholai Wortman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:444...