How to read B-LOB data from Oracel DB using Pro*c

Hello,

I'm trying to read B-LOB data in Oracle Database using Pro*c.
I know how to read it with char mode.
What I want to know is read it with binary mode.
Are there any good person help me?
Let me know if you have a good sample source.

Thanks and have a nice day.

0
javagoo (4)
10/1/2003 12:36:33 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Pasting data from Excel
Hello everyone, I'm not sure if I should be posting this question here or in the Excel forum but here goes. Is it possible to copy data from multiple cells in Excel and then paste them into multiple lines of the criteria section of an Access query? For example, Given cells and values: A1- 1 A2- 2 A3- 3 I would like to be able to copy this data from Excel and paste it into an Access query like : Criteria: 1 or: 2 3 I am using Access 2002 SP3 and Exc...

Printing data forms
I would like to be able to print Excel data forms. Is there a way? In some event of the form (a button, a click of the form itself, whatever): Me.PrintForm "Curious" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170101c47bf9$f9191420$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I would like to be able to print Excel data forms. Is > there a way? If you mean the form you get when you do Data=>Form with the form displayed, do Alt+Print Screen. then drop the form and go to a new worksheet and do Edit=>Paste This will put an image of the form on the worksheet and yo...

Free Data Process/Query Tool
If you use Excel everyday and spend lots of time on data/text processing, then you will find the this tool (UDQ Add-in) is very powerful and can speed up your daily data processing work. Currently the tool is free for everyone. Please feel free to distribute this tool to your friends/colleagues if you think it is helpful to your work. The following is a list of features/functionality of the tool: 1> Query/Import Data from Multiple External Data/Text/ASCII Files (Can useful import data from hundreds of files within minutes) 2> Query/Import Data from Multiple Closed Excel Files (Can...

Consolidation Worksheet Data Sequence
I'm consolidating 3 worksheets into one by using Excel 2007 data consolidation. The worksheets have a product number in column A and sales figures in columns B, C & D for Jan, Feb and Mar. The worksheets are in product number sequence. Not all product numbers appear on each sheet, so I consolidate by category using "labels in left column" and "create links to source data" to create a consolidation sheet in outline form. The problem is the consolidated worksheet is not in product number sequence as I need it to be. I have books on Excel 2007 and Excel 2003 and their ...

howto read Software-Raid5
Hi there, First I am not sure wether I am in the right newsgroup but as Win XP also supports software-raid it might be. Tell me if there's a better topic. So, I am using Win2003 Standard with SP2 as backup-DC with software raid5 and since Monday it seems like video and network-card broke down. As it has some data I'd like to restore I need to access the harddisk (somehow logonservice is not starting in failsafe mode and the os is stuck at "preparing network connections" in normal and failsafe with network drivers). So my question: is there any tool (maybe in ...

How to use outlook address in Excel
Hello, I have an Excel sheet which I use as an invoicing-application. I would like to retrieve address-data from Outlook where I keep all my contact-data of my customers. So, I want to select a customer from my Outlook contactlist when I am writing a new invoice in Excel. In Word, I have a macro which does this, but unfortunately the Application.GetAddress does not work in Excel. Can somebody help me ? "Henny Slokker" wrote: > Hello, > > I have an Excel sheet which I use as an invoicing-application. I would like > to retrieve address-data from Outlook where I...

Limits on Exporting Outlook Contact Data
Anyone know how to get custom fields, follow-up flags, and/or the "contacts" (links between contacts) from MS Outlook 2003 to Excel, CSV, Goldmine, or Act? The standard export utility in Outlook does not offer export of these fields. Most important is the links between contacts. You'd have to write your own code to do this. A key issue would be what information from the linked contact(s) you want to include. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode....

IE8 uses 95+% of cpu after update to sp3
I just updated to XP sp3 and did updates after that and IE8 is running so slow. I loaded task manager to see what was happening and IE8 was using up to 99%. My system was a slow XP sp2 but did a disk clean and defrag and it was running a lot faster. Apps load and run faster after sp3 but not IE8. Thanks for any suggestions mx5 wrote: > I just updated to XP sp3 and did updates after that and IE8 is > running so slow. I loaded task manager to see what was happening > and IE8 was using up to 99%. > > My system was a slow XP sp2 but did a disk clean and defrag and...

VB: using a string to set a range object?
I'm a bit new to the excel "range" object type. I was suprised to see that while I can do: dim chunk as Range chunk = .Range(A5:B6) I apparently cannot do: dim chunk as Range dim stuff as string string = "A5:B6" chunk= .Range(string) How can I concatenate up a string describing a range, and then use it to define a range object's target cells? - Ross. Oops, I meant chunk = .Range("A5:B6") in the first example - I forgot the quotes. R. "RGK" <nothanks@nospam.go> wrote in message news:RqydnSWzbu_OEZbeRVn-2A@...

Select Rows dependant on certain field data
How can I select certain rows in a spreadsheet based upon the text foun in one column? To explain: All rows have a column that contains tex "immediate" or "ongoing" or "closed". How can I select only the row that contain the word "immediate" in that column? When I say select a mean select as in ready to 'copy' or 'cut' tha data ready to be pasted elsewhere. I know what I mean :confused -- Madd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Maddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

sort data without changing pattern
I have a worksheet where every other row has a 'pattern' in it to help make it easier to read across the spreadsheet. The problem I'm running into is as I add new rows at the bottom of the spreadsheet and then resort them into their correct place, the patterns go with the sort and now the patterns have to be redone again the get them back to every other row. Any suggestions? This will happen if your patterns are manually applied. It would be better to remove that manual shading and to apply background colours using conditional formatting, the condition being if th...

Customizing Contact Data
Is there a way to customize contact card/data to collect data from others that I want to use rather than the generic that Microsoft has used? -- Thank you very much. Tall Paul. "TallPaul" <TallPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C1DDD4F-BDCB-42F8-8F99-A2D674482E8E@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize contact card/data to collect data from others > that I want to use rather than the generic that Microsoft has used? What type of information do you want to collect? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] TallPaul wrote: > Is...

Updating large pivot source data
Hello, I'm experiencing the following problem with a very simple macro in Excel 2007 to update pivot table data source. That is, my data has more than 74000 rows and I'm trying to update the source data with the following code: Sub Macro1() Dim rng1 As Range Set rng1 = Sheets("Test_sheet").Range("A1:A74000") ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot-taulukko1").ChangePivotCache ActiveWorkbook. _ PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:=rng1, _ Version:=xlPivotTableVersion12) End Sub The problem is that the code ...

Obtain data from list
I want to get the data from the list on to a cell in worksheet. I have 2 sheets - On Sheet 1 - I have drop downs. Whatever is selected in the list - I want to show that value in a cell on Sheet 2. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Hi, I think if you just change the properties of your dropdown so that the linked cell refers to the cell on your other sheet, it should work fine. Right-click on the dropdown and goto properties...Linkedcell. jeff >-----Original Message----- >I want to get the data from the list on to a cell in >worksheet. > >I have 2 sheets -...

Data Validation Allow List
Is there a way to click on the resulting combo box and have ALL the list items show up instead of just what seems like the default of about 8--I can scroll, but would like to just point and choose? Also, is there a way to change the font of this combo box? The resulting look like they are about 6 or 8 points. Any help is appreciated. Is this the right forum doug? If you are using a combo box (from the control toolbox) as opposed to a validation list you can change visible rows but not if you use validation Debra has a solution here http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html -- R...

C++ runtime error
When I open Outlook I get the following error: ______________________________________ Mcrosoft Visual C++ Runtime Libary Runtime Error! Progam: C:\Progra~1\Micros~2\Office10\Outlook.exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. ______________________________________ I have already tried to run a repai and to uninstall and reinstall and I still get the same error. Any ideas? I GET THE SAME MESSAGE, BUT IT HAS ONLY STARTED SINCE I UPGRADED TO NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2004 TRIED NUNERO...

Best way to read an xml file
Hi; If I need to read an XML file - basically the SAX approach where I just need each node in order - one pass, read-only - what is the best way to do this. It looks like it's XmlReader but I want to verify that. ??? -- thanks - dave "David Thielen" <thielen@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:BEA51BCB-B200-4104-B061-CA32FECD9DFD@microsoft.com... > If I need to read an XML file - basically the SAX approach where I just need > each node in order - one pass, read-only - what is the best way to do this. Yes, if your only requirement is a firehose forward reader,...

Coding Convention for using Binary FlagWords?
Hi all --- I'm thinking of putting the .Tag property to use by using a binary ("bitwise") encoded flag word. Over time I've come across different possible uses for .Tag but have never standardized how I use it. Has someone developed a convention for "parsing" binary flag words? A simple IF works if I only need to test for one flag, but if I need to check for the presence of multiple bits the only construct that comes to mind is a series of IF statements .... something along the lines of: Enum FlagWord FlagA = 1 FlagB = 2 FlagC = 4 .......

How to use CSplitterWnd for Dynamic Nested Splitter window?
Using VC++ (.NET) I am trying to implement a Dynamic Nested Splitter window using CSplitterWnd. I haven't found any documentation that explains how to get this to work properly and the only examples I have found also do not work properly. There are plenty of examples of Static Nested Splitter windows, but I need an example of a Dynamic one. The static splitter windows won't work for my requirements. Are there any examples or documentation that explains how to properly implement a Dynamic Nested Splitter Window using CSplitterWnd? Thanks, Dave Hi Dave, > Using VC++ (.NE...

Using Outlook client for CRM 3.0 in a remote office
I need to set up access to the corporate CRM from several remote offices. All of them have VPN connections (Windows or Checkpoint). What are the steps required to configure remote clients to be able to use CRM features in Outlook. Remote users can connect to CRM through Internet Expolorer. Thanks. Assuming they are connected, the isntallation over a VPN connection should not be any different than a typicaly installation. If the connection is slow though, the first synch & Go Offline process will be noticiably slower though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "mkatsev"...

using std::deque in multiple threads
I have a thread that listens on a message queue and populates a std::deque with events from that message queue, but only holds the latest 100. In my main thread, I want to populate a listbox with the information from that deque. So, it ends up being that one thread can add/remove items from the deque while another thread is trying to iterate through them. How can I make this thread-safe? Thanks, PaulH The code looks a bit like this: std::deque<MESSAGE_TYPE> m_dequeMessages; CMyClass::MessageThread() { //... while (ReadMsgQueue(hMsgQueue, &msg,...)) { m_dequeMessages.pu...

Wordwrapping a long sentence using F2, how to end the process?
Using Excel 2002...I pasted in a long sentence, and it goes off the right side of the screen. I know that I can make it word wrap by hitting F2. I've done that and it works nicely. But I was told that I could end this process by hitting Alt-Enter, and that doesn't work... all that happens after Alt-Enter is a blank new row opens up below the word-wrapped rows. If I hit Alt-Enter again, another blank row opens up below. How can I end this F2 word-wrap and go on with other business. John alt-enter is used to force a new line in a cell. If you want to wrap the text a...

Use a wildcard within edit/replace
Hello Is there a method of using a wildcard function within edit/replace (in Excel 2003) so that I can tweak the way a formula works? The example I have is the following formula =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A8,DataImport!$A:$J,5,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP($A8,DataImport!$A:$J,5,FALSE)) which I would like to change to =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(TEXT($C8,"0000),DataImport!$D:$E,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(TEXT($C8,"0000"),DataImport!$D:$E,2,FALSE)) The issue is (I think) that this formula is repeated many times over in one column over a number of worksheets - therefo...

excel 2000 message
excel 2000 message - 'cannot use object linking and embedding' Were they hit by the MSBlast worm? One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. I haven't seen any confirmation/denial, but you may want to read his post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com Post back with your results. I'm curious if that was the problem. (It's come up quite a few times since MSBlast hit.) bill bootle wrote: > > excel 2000 message - 'cannot use object linking and > embedding' -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.c...

Cannot edit customer data in additional tab at HQ
I have created global customer with addtional data in additional tab at shop then send to HQ. At HQ, Why cant I edit customer data in additional tab? Or even I create new global customer at HQ, I cannot add data in addtional tab too, it is gray out. Is there any setting that I need to do? Thank you for any help. -- Jeed I believe, just like when editing items in HQ, you have to be in Maintenance Mode. Ed -- RMS 2.0 / HQ 2.0 Server 2003 / XP "Jeed" wrote: > I have created global customer with addtional data in additional tab at shop > then send to HQ. At HQ, Why ca...