How to map a file with the memory

Hai,
   I want to map a file with the system memory. I am trying using
CreateFileMapping but I am not able to map the file with the memory. Can
any one help me.

Regards,
S.Vinodh Noel
Bangalore.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tzdxd4x0.aspx

Tom

"chinthamani" <vinodh_noel@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hai,
>   I want to map a file with the system memory. I am trying using
> CreateFileMapping but I am not able to map the file with the memory. Can
> any one help me.
>
> Regards,
> S.Vinodh Noel
> Bangalore.

0
tserface (3861)
8/22/2006 1:50:20 PM
Try this:

http://www.naughter.com/memmap.html

---
Ajay

chinthamani wrote:
> Hai,
>    I want to map a file with the system memory. I am trying using
> CreateFileMapping but I am not able to map the file with the memory. Can
> any one help me.
>
> Regards,
> S.Vinodh Noel
> Bangalore.

0
ajaykalra (6842)
8/22/2006 2:00:33 PM
How do you know you are not able to create the mapping?  Did you get an error code?  Where
did you get it?  What did it say was the cause of the error?

The reason you can't create a file mapping is that you are doing something wrong.  The
solution is to fix the problem.  Since you have not described the problem with any detail
that is usable, it is impossible to answer the question.
					joe

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:51:01 -0400, "chinthamani" <vinodh_noel@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hai,
>   I want to map a file with the system memory. I am trying using
>CreateFileMapping but I am not able to map the file with the memory. Can
>any one help me.
>
>Regards,
>S.Vinodh Noel
>Bangalore.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
8/22/2006 2:11:38 PM
You need to do this:-
hFile = CreateFile(...)
hMap = CreatFileMapping(hFile,...)
ptr = MapViewofFile(...)

--
Vipin Aravind
http://www.explorewindows.com/Blogs

"chinthamani" <vinodh_noel@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hai,
>   I want to map a file with the system memory. I am trying using
> CreateFileMapping but I am not able to map the file with the memory. Can
> any one help me.
>
> Regards,
> S.Vinodh Noel
> Bangalore.

0
vipin (696)

RECORDSET file name length limit?
Here's a snippet of the code I'm using: oConn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=" & strFilePath & ";" & _ "Extended Properties=""text;HDR=Yes;FMT=Delimited""" Set oRS = CreateObject("ADODB.RECORDSET") 'Now actually open the text file and import into Excel oRS.Open "SELECT * FROM " & strFilename, oConn, 3, 1, 1 When I do the oRS.Open, it fails to find the file. I renamed the file to something short...

Vlookups to Excel Version 3 files.
I use a system that on a daily basis creates an Excel version 3 file containing cost centers and their budgets. When I do vlookups from other Excel 97 files to this file it takes a long time for the sheet to calculate. If I save the Excel V3 file as Excel 97 its OK, and if the Excel V3 file is open before the 97 file its OK. I don't want to have to constantly save the V3 file as 97 (I may not be around to do that always) Does anyone know how to resolve this. Thanks Naz ...

MDE File 07-06-07
Thanks Doug and Arvin I succeeded in making the MDE File and its working well but now I don't want the users to see all access the tables.I have a main form with controls for opening the respective forms and reports but the user can access my tables what can I do . Am new to access but since I joined the forum my understanding has improved any help Guys There's a lot you can do to lock down the frontend... =20 Create custom menus/toolbars for use throughout your application. Use the features in Tools, Startup to set your main form as the startup form set your d...

How do I open a Lotus wk3 file in Excel 2003?
I get an error that says you are attempting to open a file that type that is blocked by your registry policy setting - while trying to open a Lotus 123 wk3 file in Excel - what's wrong? Information about certain file types that are blocked after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810/ lizardo04 wrote: > I get an error that says you are attempting to open a file that type that is > blocked by your registry policy setting - while trying to open a Lotus 123 > wk3 file in Excel - what's wrong? ...

how to disallow user to clear IE7 history, temp files
or is there some Microsoft download that enable me to log/disallow user to spend too much time on web surfing during working hours? There are a few work related work site user need to access will also consider Symantec software that works with EndPoint security 11 mr5 thank you If you've got someone on your payroll who's spending his or her day surfing the web, and then trying to cover it up, software is not the solution. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est GS wrote: > or is there some Microsoft download that enable me to log/disallow user to > spend...

When I use "search" in xp, it cannot find files, even tho there
I have tried to use "search" to find specific words in files or specific words in filenames. But generally, search doesn't work. I end up trying to find the file myself. in all my drives, which sometimes takes awhile. Is there some target file(s) for search that might be incorrect? I really need to be able to use this program. Thanks. On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 15:42:01 -0800, Susan wrote: > I have tried to use "search" to find specific words in files or specific > words in filenames. But generally, search doesn't work. I end up trying to > ...

Nothing in the Que....EDB file grows by 15 Meg a minute..Help
My exchange server is out of control..... I have 4 accounts with less than 500 meg of email on the exchange server 2003 SBS......but the message store over whelmed the hard drive today...it grows at a rate of about 15 meg per minute....and I see nothing in any of the ques... ran eseutil...defrag and integrity...nothing happend EDB file did not chamge size at all... I have the message store dismounted......and it now stands at 12.5 GIG... I grows even with all the clients disconnected... Please help.. Are you scanning any of your Exchange installation/store/log folders with file-le...

Can not get emails to flow down to a .pst file
I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have tried every thing I could think of. Please help. On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:35:01 -0700, "Glenn" <GRyan@prideindustries.com> wrote: >I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating >them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her >personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 >week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have trie...

Open Files
This happen with excell 2003 running under Windows 2000. When openning a Excell file that contains a macro which opens three spread sheets, They do not always appear in the tool bar for open files. You can do a ALT Tab and see that they are open. if you select them from there they will display. What is up with this?? Hi can you post this macro (or the relevant part opening the other files) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jim wrote: > This happen with excell 2003 running under Windows 2000. > When openning a Excell file that contains a macro which > opens three spread...

CFile::Remove dont delete files until application exit?
Hi all, a wierd phenomenon: I'm calling CFile::Remove on two files, but continues to see them in Explorer. I cannot removed them by hand (it tells me they are held). Only until the application exits, they disappear too. I work in Vista. any ideas? thanks so much for even the wierdest thought :) Lior >a wierd phenomenon: I'm calling CFile::Remove on two files, but >continues to see them in Explorer. I cannot removed them by hand (it >tells me they are held). Only until the application exits, they >disappear too. Lior, Your results would imply that your process has ot...

Exporting contact .vcf Files #2
This may be incredibly simple, but I can't figure out how to export my whole Outlook address book then import into another computer's Outlook. In the help files, it says to "Save as" a vcf file then it can be imported. When I try this, it works for one contact, but when I choose multiple contacts, it isn't an option. I've got several hundred contacts - so this doesn't seem like a feasible option. If this isn't the right way, how to I export my contacts? Thanks Export your Address book to a .pst file and then copy that file to a disk or CD and then import th...

sending picture files as attachments
I am having trouble sending picture files as attachments. They used to work fine but now when I try to open the picture attachments, they open in powerpoint (I sent a copy to myself so I could see if they were going through ok). Powerpoint does not show the pictures, only a bunch of data. What is going on? This never happened before. ...

Exchange 5.5 server -- edb.log files are filling my hard drive!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 and my hard drive is filling up with all of the log files. The server is in the process of completing a full backup and hasn't finished yet but I have over 1GB of EDB.LOG files at this point in time and am running out of disk space. The weird thing is that about a month ago our backups weren't working properly and we enabled circular logging to prevent this from happening. When I check the server properties circular logging is still enabled on the Information Store but I have over 200 edb.log files!! I also noticed that the earliest log file is from 6:00 P...

Making a file stick
Hi, Does anyone know if there's a way of making a particular file stay o the file menu? There's one file which i need every day but sometimes it goes off th recently used file list and i have to go find it again. The thing is can't move it from where it is currently and don't really wanna put shortcut to it anywhere. Jame -- jamesrya ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jamesryan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1335 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26914 ...

How to I apply a template to an exsisting Excel file
XL templates aren't like Word templates - they don't attach to a document. Once a file is generated from a template, it's disassociated from the template. A few preferences/settings can be transferred between workbooks/templates: -Color palette (Tools/Options/Color/Copy colors from...) -Styles (Format/Style/Merge) Generate a new file from the template. Copy your data to the new file. ...

how to transfer future appointments to a new calendar file in Outlook
HI, I have a very large calendar file and want to create a new one which is smaller and does not take long to open. I don't want to use my future appointments, which some of them go ahead for a few years, how can I transfer "ONLY" my future appointments to my new calendar file? Thanks, RF Have you tried autoarchiving the Calendar folder so it cleans out some of the old things? "Rama" <mckinelli@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1153262758.088643.263990@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > HI, > > I have a very large calendar file and want to create a...

unable to print from word, excel, outlook 2007 or pdf files in vis
hardware: hp pavilion dv4-1430us entertainment notebook pc os: windows vista home premium sp2 system: 64-bit printer: hp photosmart 2610 all-in-one port: USB001 configuration: usb connected from laptop directly to printer when i try to print a word document, word gives me the following error message: "windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup." the show help option displays the following: "this error can appear if a default printer has not been designated or if the application is unable to locate an existing default printer. to cor...

Virtual memory fragmented
exchange 2k3 enterprise up to date, windows 2003 standard non sp1, dual processor 4gb ram getteing the virtual memory is fragmented in such a way that performance may be affected, suggest restarting exchange services to fix it. have had /3gb switch in boot.ini file since installation. any thoughts would be appreciated. Hi Jak, You may need to do some memory monitoring & tuning/optomization, have a look a the following MS Kb article, pay perticular attention to the section on the HeapDeCommitFreeBlockThreshold registry key. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;e...

import csv file to RMS HQ
Hi, I have 873 pages that I need to import to HQ. what do I need to import this file? can I do from HQ? if I can, How? thanks Jose -- Reynold Cycle HQ has no built in Import functions (nor does SO). MS has an UNSUPPORTED import utility called QSImport, but this is for SO, not HQ. Speak to your reseller or open a support request on Customer Source to get this utility - or search the newsgroup, I'm sure you'll find a link to it. RMS is built on SQL Server, so there are MANY generic import tools that you can use to load data, but you would have to make sure it is done correctly...

Converting OST file to PST
Can an ost file be converted into a pst file? I lost the information in my inbox and it is only stored within a OST file. When I try to import the file it wont import since it is not a pst file ...

What files to copy?

ANSI C File I/O and MFC
I am using a library that uses ANSI C I/O functions to open and load library specific files. When I use these functions from a Win32 application they work fine. But, when I try to use them using an MFC SDI app they do not work. Is there a flag or setting I must set or use in order for the ANSI C functions to work properly? There's no reason I can think of off the top of my head as to why this would occur. What library are you using? Is it a static library or an import library? -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply. "...

error opening excel 2000 files
I created an 2000 Excel file that I sent to 200+ people to fill out and send back - no macros. The files come back to me as email attachemnents. On about 1 in 6 returns I get the do you want to send the error log to MS - error messasge when I open the excel file. The original sender can open the file. If they resend it to me I still get the error. If I have the file sent to a different email account and attempt to open it on the same computer I get the error. If I open it on a different computer not on this network I have no problem. I've got up to date virus protection. I can open ...

Form Automatically Opening New File
Hi There Is there anyway that it can be set that when a form opens up it will automatically start a new entry and not go through ones that have already been done? Open your form in design mode. In the properties dialog got the data tab set the Data Entry property to True -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault If this post was helpful, please rate it by using the vote buttons. "weircolin@googlemail.com" wrote: > Hi There > > Is there anyway that it can be set that when a form opens up it will > automatically start a new entry and not go through ones that have > al...