How to make CTreeCtrl item text editable

I have a CTreeCtrl in a dialog which works quite nicely to display items.
The problem I am having is trying to edit the labels.  I have the Edit
Labels property set to true but not sure what message I have to handle or
how much work I will be doing.  Sorry for the generic question but I am
hoping there is an easy solution to this common functionality.

0
rjcurry (8)
6/25/2004 10:01:49 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

TVN_BEGINLABELEDIT
TVN_ENDLABELEDIT

Use the pResult value to prevent/allow editing in BEGIN, and to
accept/reject the string in END.

Bill

"Bob Curry" <rjcurry@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have a CTreeCtrl in a dialog which works quite nicely to display items.
> The problem I am having is trying to edit the labels.  I have the Edit
> Labels property set to true but not sure what message I have to handle or
> how much work I will be doing.  Sorry for the generic question but I am
> hoping there is an easy solution to this common functionality.

0
GuitarBill

Adding text to graphs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In earlier versions of Excel, after I'd drawn a graph, I put insert text on the graph itself to comment on lines or identify features. Is this still possible? If so, how? ...

seperate text and number in the same cell
Hi, i have the following data : cell a2 : aa22 cell a3 : aab80 cell a4 : acd99 how can i but just the letters in cell b2 and the number in cell c2 such as b2 = aa c2=22 thank you all --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Jed, Don't know if you always have exactly 2 digits like your example, but you can get a formula to separate them at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorting.htm#pcdigits is a solution posted by Tom Ogilvy which will split of digits from the right not limited to 2 digits.. If you need to get real fancy Harlan Grove posted some example E...

Very slow to make changes in Excel 2007 sp2
I have a machine with Excel 2007 sp2 that when making changes takes a very long time... so if I bold or un-bold a cell it will take up to 30 seconds... once the change is made I can undo/redo and it is instant, but if I un-bold the same cell instead of undo it again takes up to 30 seconds. Is there a procedure to try and diagnose what is causing this? Thanks ...

Replacing text with number.
I have attached a copy of part of the worksheet I am working with. The original sheet has over 35000 rows. In Column A is the ID#, I would like to replace "DID or DN" (text) in column B with the ID# in Column A and have it make the change for Column B when the ID# in a Changes. Is this possible? Thanks for any help. Yolanda Hi not really sure but why not place the following formula in B1 =IF(A1<>"",A1,"") and copy down for all rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Yo wrote: > I have attached a copy of part of the worksheet I am working wi...

Quicken Makes Me Sick
I have Quicken 2004 and I'm trying to transfer my files to Money 2004. After conversion a summary screen shows all of my current balances in my accounts and then it shows a 0 balance for the converted money accounts. Why does it delete all my data? Any suggestions? Also when I try to access support it asks for a product # everytime I enter it it says it is invalid. Does anyone know any other way to contact tech support? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, JT wrote: >I have Quicken 2004 and I'm trying to transfer my files to >Money 2004. After conversion a summary...

Text colour printing problem
Hi, We are having problems printing a spreadsheet from a workmate computer. Most of the data is black with the exception of a of a fe rows where the text is red. when the user tries to print the documen comes out in greyscale, I have checked all settings and confiqs an still it prints greyscale, I even opened a new worksheet and typed ou a red test test page, and this prints correctly. I compared th settings of the two sheets; my test one and the orignal sheet and ther was no noticable difference. The machine is running Win 2K Pro wit Excel 2000. I hope someone can please shed some light on t...

Find a Item & Copy the Data
Can someone please help me? I've got a huge SAP generated Parts List from overseas which I need to find a unique number in column A. (Sheet1) There are 10 columns and in excess of 55,000 rows This SAP Text number is comprised of 18 fixed digits (eg: 000000065202255411). However the number itself is variable with leading zero's (eg: 000000000063060003), and anything in between if you follow my drift. My problem is I need to verify each customer's price and purchase cost from this data sheet. I've managed to automate most of the process but I can't return the...

Wrap text around certain section/paragraph
Hi, I have a paragraph and a table on a page. I want to wrap all text around that certain page. That is no matter what happens, that one paragraph and the table underneath it should stay on page 16!!! I have searched for 2 hours already... cant find solution You can't wrap text around an entire page. Anything that is text-wrapped must be anchored to a text paragraph. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "VBforlifeYO" <VBforlifeYO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9B...

How to restore the line of: File, Edit, View, in excel
My excel 2003 now does not show the top line with the options: File, edit, View, Insert, Format, Tools, Chart, Windows, Help Dont find how to retore it, if press F11, they appear in a chart that automatically is add to workbook, but other sheets will not show it. Without this cannot use excel. Please advise how to restore it. alt/t>customize>toolbars>check worksheet menu bar> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "RPM55" <RPM55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF511981-107E-4B50-A06B-0A7F6ACC9606@microsoft.com... > My ...

Text Rotation
Hi, In Word 2007, I can rotate the text left or right but I need the upside down text (180 degree) in edit able format i.e. able to update in Mail Merge process. Any one now how this task can be accomplish without an option of Word Art or using Paint software to flipping the text. Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated I use a shape box. Go to Insert, Shapes, then select a square. Type your text. Now go to the Text Box Tools tab and click Format (if it is not already showing). From here you will be able to remove the Shape Outline/Fill and will be able to rot...

How do I make Outlook look in Stationery subfolders?
When I click Actions->New Mail Message Using->More Stationery, Outlook displays the .htm files in Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared \Stationery, but NOT its subfolders. I've looked through the Registry, which shows a number of possibilities, but I don't know how to tell it to include subfolders. (Don't suppose good old /s would work?) How about a way to make the Get More Stationery button display subfolders instead of connecting to Microsoft's website? I'm using Outlook 2000 (HTML but not Word Editor) on XP Pro. I gather from other posts that Outlook 200...

How can I make a dinner seating arrangement using Excel?
I would like to make a seating arrangement for three round tables and 22 people using Excel. Is this possible? ...

Searching for text
Max helped first maybe again? :) I have a search that I want it to look for two separate values in the same search string. the search is embedded in an if statement like so... =IF(ISBLANK(B3),"",IF(ISERROR(SEARCH("11",B3)),"",ROW())) Search is looking for 11 right now and I also want it to look for 12. I have tried several different scenarios but can not seem to get it to work. Is this possible to do? Thanks C C, =IF(ISBLANK(B3),"",IF(OR(ISERROR(SEARCH("11",B3)),ISERROR(SEARCH("12",B3))), "",ROW())) HTH, Bernie MS ...

Sort text Values in Numeric Order
I changed a field type in Access from Number to Text to allow 1a, 1b, etc. and now when the data is imported into my Excel workbooks, the order is still sorting as text (1, 10, 100, 101, 2, 20, etc.). Any thought son how to get it to sort correctly now? Thanks! Karl, IN an adjacent column add this formula =--A1 copy down and then sort by the helper column. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Karl Burrows" <karlspam@spam.yourbeacon.com> wrote in message news:uSRbPcxmFHA.2920@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I changed a field type in...

Displaying a text file immediately after creating it.
I have a section of code that needs to output to a text file using CStdioFile and then immediately display it using notepad. I have tried the following, but it doesn't find the file. However, if I go to window explorer, the file is there. Any Ideas? CStdioFile af; if (af.Open(theApp.WORKDIR+"steerprt.txt",CFile::modeCreate|CFile::modeWrite)) { af.WriteString(tstr); af.Flush(); af.Close(); } HWND mainhwnd = GetSafeHwnd(); ret1 = (int) ShellExecute(mainhwnd,"open",theApp.WORKDIR+"steerptr.txt","",theApp.WORKDI...

Difficultyentereing/editing fields on the Query Grid
This has been ticking me off for about two weeks now. If I have a formula in the Query grid, and I go to edit it, whether directly in the query grid or by hitting "build", any changes I make dissapear when I leave that field. If it is a new formula in a blank spot on the grid, as soon as I hit enter or tab to move to the next blank spot, the edits have been dumped and it is now blank. Choosing a field from a table in the upper area works fine. I have to fight with this reentereing my edits several times before it takes. Any Ideas? What version of Access? Do...

making money
IMPORTANT: This is not a rip-off; it is not indecent; it is not illegal; and it is virtually no risk -- it really works! If all the following instructions are Adhered to, you will receive extraordinary dividends. PLEASE NOTE; Please follow these directions EXACTLY, and $50,000 or more can be Yours in 20 to 60 days. This program remains successful because of the honesty and integrity of the participants. Please continue it's success by carefully adhering to the instructions. You will now become part of the Mail Order business. In this business your product is not solid and ...

Block sale of this Item
I have employees who use lookup codes, instead of scanning, I have made items inactive and checked block sale of this item, yet if they type in the lookup code it will bring up the item, is there any way other then deleting the item to stop it from coming up whey they type in the look-up code? I don't understand why it will let you sell the item if it is inactive and why the block sale of this item is not working. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03D5_01C6E254.A32EEE90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding...

How to toggle Sales Tax for all items in a transaction in RMS?
We have a client who uses Customer Based Sales Tax. They have two sales tax schedules (FL & NC) which are controlled by Ship To State. They have both walk in traffic and also sell and ship items to other states. This all seems to work just fine. They also have the WALK IN CUSTOMER sales tax option set to the state where the retail store is (FL). That feature works fine if a customer is not selected during the sales process in POS. The problem occurs when a regular customer from another state (say Indiana) walks into the store to buy something. When they enter the customer into POS,...

Sorting numbers as Text
I frequently work with a lists of text data, some of which consists of digits or digits + alpha characters. These are always formatted as tect fields. When I sort them i get a dialog box asking if I would rather sort digits as numbers or as text. Sorting as text provides the result I need, so I always select that and it works fine My question is, how can I skip having to answer this question over and over and over? Is there a configuration option thats says 'leave me alone - I know what I am doing' ? Thanks for any help. I've never seen the message you refer to - what versio...

Exchange 2003
My boss just asked if he could have the authority to edit email groups and I'm not sure where I go to do that. Any help would be appreciated In the properties of the group, add your boss under the Managed By section, and check the box Manager can update membership list. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "KJacks" <KJacks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28F891D3-A698-4426-927A-EA20754A51F0@microsoft.com... > My boss just asked if he could have the authorit...

drawitem : how to know in witch rows is the item ?
i want to draw my control list items with OnDrawItem : but how to know in witch rows is the item ? I don't really understand what mean id and sub id. Is ID for the line and subID for the row ? If yes, how can i know the subID when the LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT give me only an ID ? thank's for help :) yoshi wrote: >i want to draw my control list items with OnDrawItem : >but how to know in witch rows is the item ? > >I don't really understand what mean id and sub id. > > Is ID for the line and subID for the row ? > > If yes, how can i know the subID when the...

Making the default printer, the true default
I have an HP that is set in XP as the default printer; I also often save a doc as a PDF, which means using the print function and selecting CutePDF as my "printer." Is there any way of getting XP to recognize the HP as my default printer every time? I find that after selecting CutePDF to "print" a page (in reality, it doesn't print, but just gets saved as a PDF), that the next time I do a quick print in MS Word, that Windows thinks I want to save as PDF again, and I have to click out of that dialog and find the HP printer. How can I get Windows to always thin...

How to make a chart with a big range of data?
Hi I'm trying to make a chart selecting the whole column as data to plot on the chart. But it doesn't work .. I have many rows with data (about 250) and it's going to be more .. How do I make this chart only once, without having to extend the chart source every time I add more data? Thanks a lot. Kroko I have just asked a very similar question, I will monitor your answers also. bobf >-----Original Message----- >Hi >I'm trying to make a chart selecting the whole column as >data to plot on the chart. But it doesn't work .. I have >many rows with data...

Problem with data sheet and linking it to another sheet to make a report
This is kind of hard to explain, but I will try. I'm making a report in excel by linking the report sheet to another sheet that has the data. What I am doing is entering the equal sign, and then clicking on the data in sheet 2 and put them under the labels I have on sheet 1 (the report). So here are the steps so far: 1. I open excel and design a report with lables and field names, now i just need the data for the report 2. I insert a new sheet that has the data. 3. I go back to the first sheet (report) and put an equal sign into one of the fields where I want the data to appear in my r...