How to insert menuitem into globle context menu?

Dear all,

I want to write a very simple program that outputs the a shortcut's target
path into clipboard. For instance, there is a shortcut for ultraedit on my
desktop, right click it and a context menu with a menu item called "copy
path" pops up.

I'd like to write this app as a run-once-and-exit program, i.e. not stay in
memory.

I only had basic MFC experience and have not written any "No UI"
applications. Please give me some advise or links to sample sources codes.
Thanks a lot!

Regards

--

F.Hou (Leo)

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Insert Column and Row Tools Greyed out on custom toolbar
Hello - In OS 10.2.8 when I put the Insert Column and Insert Row tools onto my existing or onto a new toolbar using the Customize - Commands Dialog Box, the tools don't work. They are greyed out. However, it works on one computer, but not several others, and all versions appear to be the same. All other tools appear to be working normally, including Insert Cells, Delete row and delete column. Any thoughts as to what is going on? Thanks Mardee There are two sets of Insert Row/Insert Column Controls in MacXLv.X. The controls in the Customize/Commands/Edit category are for the List ...

Why is hyperlink staying imbedded when I insert rows into Excel?
I keep constant notes on my Excel spreadsheet daily and have to insert rows from time to time. However, any typed hyperlinks seem to stay imbedded even though I have inserted rows to where the typed portion is moved. Please let me know what I can do to prevent this. Thank you. ...

Inserting document information in the footer

Lost all the commands in File menu
I would call myself an Access 2003 beginner - I use the software to import canned Excel reports, run some queries to convert tech-speak to normal-speak and calculate a few things, then export it to Excel for others to see & use. I use the software once a week, mostly via some macros and a switchboard I made. I fetch the spreadsheets and drop them in a folder, click a couple times and what once took 4 hours in Excel copy/paste now takes 4 minutes. I wanted to take it another step further and learn to make it grab the canned reports from the server and generate it's reports and a few ...

CRM menu "more" on ribbon, Outlook 2010, UR 12, is empty
Hi, I have problem with the CRM menu located directly on the ribbon, Home tab, in Outlook 2010. After applying UR 11 it worked correctly. Today, after reinstalling English Office to Czech version and after updating CRM to Update Rollup 12, the contents of the submenu "more" disappeared. I tried to reinstall it several times but no success. What's wrong? Any idea? Cheers, Jan On 17 aug, 09:58, Jan Vanek <JanVa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > I have problem with the CRM menu located directly on the ribbon, Home tab, > in Outlook 2010. After applyin...

Dynamically adding menu items and their OnClick events
How do I add items to a menu while simultanesously adding an OnClick event for each. I have an 2Xn array of text items (labels) and matching URLs.e.g. "Google", www.google.com "Yahoo", www.yahoo.com I want the first column to be the menu label and the second column is where the browser goes when the menu is clicked. OK, so the first part is easy. AdditionalToolStripMenu.DropDownItems.Add(strResearchLinksArray(i, 1)) How do I go to strResearchLinksArray(i, 0) when that item is clicked. I am vb.net 2005. -- Thanx & Regards, Anil Gupte Am 02...

sum value then insert row
How can I make for loop? the conditions are: if total value column height = 5 and column Article = "bike" then copy second row to row 6 (therefore 1 row added between file 5 and 6) thanks for your response ...

How do I insert a horizontal document into a portrait newsletter?
I edit a monthly newsletter with all the pages in portrait format. However, the monthly calendar has to be in horizontal form. I have not been able to find a way to digitally insert it into the newsletter while turning it on its side to fit into the newsletter format, so I have been scanning it and inserting it as a .jpg document which means I lose some sharpness in the process. There must be a better way. Insert a Section Break into the newsletter document before (and after if necessary) the spot where you want to insert the calendar and then via the Page Setup dialog, chan...

a hot key to a menu item
Hi, Just a simple question. I have a menu item and I want to associate a hot key with it (like ctrl-p for printing). Can someone just point a direction for me? Thanks. Tony > Just a simple question. I have a menu item and I want to associate a > hot key with it (like ctrl-p for printing). Can someone just point a > direction for me? Thanks. In Win32 (MFC), you have to add item to accelerators table. In .NET it is different. What is your platform? -- Igor Green, Grig Software. www.grigsoft.com Compare It! + Synchronize It! : files and folders comparison never was easier!...

How do I insert only one 11x17 page in a book of 8.5x11 pages?
I have to insert one 11 x 17 page in the middle of a book because it's a fold out map. However, the rest of the booklet is created on regular 8.5 x 11 pages. Is it possible to do this? How do I do it? Thanks! It must be a separate document. You cannot have multiple sizes or orientations in a single Publisher document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "DannyFolio" <DannyFolio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:962F34F1-F6FE-4FFA-B1B0-459D643DE3B0@microsoft.com... >I have...

Includetext changes formatting in inserted document?
Hello all- I have a customer who is merging a document in Word 2007 and within this document are many pages that are also included in several other documents she merges. I suggested that she make separate documents out of the pages that are "common" and insert them into her main document with IncludeText. This way if any of the "Sub" docs need to be changed, she can do it in one place, instead of having to make the same change in multiple places. The "sub" documents look fine when opened by themselves, however when they are inserted into the primar...

insert jpeg image into signature
using outlook 2003 with Vista....need to insert logo (jpeg) into signature for outgoing email...seemed to be impossible..used work around thru Word (email sign) but spacing is now off. How can I correct spacing balace?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com In which way is the spacing off? If you mean between line breaks, use SHIFT+ENTER to go to the next line instead of ENTER. SHIFT+ENTER will create a proper line break where ENTER would create a new paragraph. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ ...

How to insert pdf files into Excel work book.
Is it possible to insert pdf files into an Excel workbook? I've done it in the past but can't remember now -- possibly as a metafile. Have a look at the discussion of importing pdf files to Excel at this google search result. http://snipurl.com/cfd6 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:53:04 -0800, "rowboat" <rowboat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to insert pdf files into an Excel workbook? > >I've done it in the past but can't remember now -- possibly as a metafile. ...

Adding a control button to insert a date in the active cell.
Hello, I'm trying to make a control button that will populate a static date (Ctrl +) in the active cell that the person has chosen. Any input is greatly appreciated. Mike Sub NOWDATE() ActiveCell.Value = Format(Date, "dd-mmm-yy") End Sub Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:41:08 -0800, "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, >I'm trying to make a control button that will populate a static date (Ctrl >+) in the active cell that the person has chosen. >Any input is greatly appreciated. Try This. Sub Time_Stamp()...

Worksheet menu Bar Missing
In customize tools the option to select or deselect the above is missing. Anyone know how to restore it back Cheers Shona Open excel hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window type this in and hit enter Application.CommandBars("worksheet menu bar").Enabled = True back to excel and test it out. If it didn't work, you can kill your existing toolbar file and it'll reset every customization you've ever made. close excel windows start button|find/search for *.xlb rename them to *.xlbOLD Back to excel to see if everything is back to norma...

insert a field from custom properties in the label shape
I tried to insert a "custom propertie" in the label of a shape from the "Basic Network Shapes 3D" stencil, but when i try to insert ("label" -> Insert Field... -> Custom Properties) nothing appears in the "Field:" text box for the category "Custom Properties". How can i resolve this problem? Thank You. jmc Right-click the Shape \ Format \ Behavior Under "Group behavior", select "Edit Text of Group" You should now be able to add a Field of Custom Properties in the text of the shape -- -ronnie [MS] This postin...

Problem with creating user-only Start menu shortcuts in Vista
I have a problem which shows only on Windows Vista (Business Edition). I try to create programmatically (by using a well described method involving IShellLink and IPersistFile interfaces, and the appropriate interface methods) a sub-folder and several shortcuts for an individual user in the <Start menu/Programs> folder , but the shortcuts 'mysteriously' end up in the all users <Start menu/Programs> folder. To be more precise, the shortcuts should be created in: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu \Programs \ProductName\ but instead they end up i...

in a excel file, how to make a menu item for the .xls file that when clicked on it runs myform.show? example plz
in a excel file, how to make a menu item for the .xls file that when clicked on it runs myform.show? example plz Try this example, Daniel: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=171 ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uaftfJogFHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > in a excel file, how to make a menu item for the .xls file that when clicked > on it runs myform.show? example plz > > ...

how can i enter a formula to tabulate the sum of drop down menu r.
I am creating a checklist to rate proposals and am using dropdown menus with values of one through four. I would like to be able to "sum" the responses at the bottom of each section. Is this possible? If you have another formfield in which you want the sum to be displayed, run the following macro on exit from each of the dropdowns With ActiveDocument .FormFields("Sum").Result = .FormFields("Dropdown1").Result + ..FormFields("DropDown2").Result _ + .FormFields("Dropdown3").Result + .FormFields("DropDown4")....

inserting a short cut to a Word doc in Outlook
I have a document on my hard drive and wish to simply create a link to that file which is then placed in the 'Notes' field of a typical Outlook Contact. Why is this so difficult to do? There is no 'link' option for a specific file, just web pages. If I manage to copy a short cut to the Notes field, it is blocked as a potentially dangerous file. (Dangerous file - do not feed?) It is possible to be able to click on a short cut which would then open a simple Word doc? _I don't want to copy_ that Word doc to Notes because it will change from time to time and I do no...

Inserted hyperlink font
One of my (ab)users has a strange problem when putting a hyperlink into a HTML Outlook 2000 E-mail. This only occurs when copying and pasting the address from the Web Toolbar in Word. What happens when she tries to paste the hyperlink into the HTML E-mail is that the font for the link is white. So it cannot be seen on white background. I cannot for the life of me find how to change this behavior. ...

How do I create a drop down menu in excel spreadsheet.
I want to create a drop down menu on an excel spread sheet. I was able to get the drop down but the information did not come with it. What did I do wrong? Hi check out: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Drop Down Menus wrote: > I want to create a drop down menu on an excel spread sheet. I was > able to get the drop down but the information did not come with it. > What did I do wrong? "Drop Down Menus" wrote: > I want to create a drop down menu on an excel spread sheet. I was able to > get the drop dow...

Do I really have to use keyboard Shortcuts to do things that used to be on the Menu?
I have run into issues using Word 2007 that need to be on the Wish list for a new Word. 1) There a many things I cannot do any more using menus (the mouse). For example, Insert field. For example I am expected to learn Alt Shift O to insert a TC entry. Please can we have the Insert Field menu back - more to the point, I should NEVER HAVE TO LEARN KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS. PLEASE!!!! It took me 45 minutes to discover there was no obvious way of doing it with a mouse! 2) I can no longer toggle formatting marks on and off on the fly: this is a vital method of figuring out what idiotic t...

Graying/Enabling Main Menu Items at Runtime
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BA_01C42C8D.5C7B1E80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I need to gray and enable main menu items at runtime in my dialog-based = MFC .NET program. The main menu was created in the menu editor (not = programmically). I cannot use CMenu because I don't have an object into the class for the = existing main menu. I can't use generic EnableMenuItem() because I don't = have a handle to the existing menu. Can I make a control variable for the existing...

how do I insert an ' in front of many rows of numbers?
I have a column of numbers 1,800 rows long that needs an ' in front of every row. How do I do this? Hold down [Alt]+F11 From the menu "Insert", "Module" Copy and paste this code into the module Hold down [Alt]+F11 to go back to your workbook Select the cells to which you want to add an apostrophe Hold down [Alt]+F8 Double Click "AddApostropheToRange" This should do it. Hope this helps Pete Sub AddApostropheToRange() Dim CellToModify As Object For Each CellToModify In Selection CellToModify.Formula = "'" & CellToModify.Fo...