how to implement a window like office 's assistant?

------=_NextPart_000_010B_01C48051.9178B5D0

a transparent cartoon window which can do many action.

and doesnt occupy many computer resource?

thanks .
------=_NextPart_000_010B_01C48051.9178B5D0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dgb2312">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"TEXT-ALIGN: left" bgColor=3D#ffffff =
OEPluginVer=3D"3,110,2080,1137">
<DIV id=3DOEPluginFrameOld contentEditable=3Dfalse align=3Dleft>
<DIV id=3DOEPluginDivOld contentEditable=3Dfalse=20
style=3D"WIDTH: 671px; HEIGHT: 259px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=3Dleft>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>a transparent cartoon window&nbsp;which can do many=20
action.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>and doesnt occupy many computer =
resource?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>thanks .</FONT></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_010B_01C48051.9178B5D0--

0
rokiadd (4)
8/12/2004 1:48:49 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Not sure what you mean by "transparent". The window I see in office assistant is
definitely NOT transparent. It has an odd shape, but it is not transparent. See my essay
on using SetWindowRgn on my MVP Tips site.
					joe

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:48:49 +0800, "rokia" <rokiadd@yahoo.com.cn.discuss> wrote:

>a transparent cartoon window which can do many action.
>
>and doesnt occupy many computer resource?
>
>thanks .

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
8/15/2004 5:03:08 AM
There is a whole API for this.
Look up "Introduction to Microsoft Agent" in MSDN (either online or a recent
CD version).

"rokia" wrote:

> a transparent cartoon window which can do many action.
>
> and doesnt occupy many computer resource?
>
> thanks

Office 2008 Setup Assistant Repeatedly Crashes
Installed Office 2008 via Remote Disc to a Macbook Air. When launching Office Apps, Office Setup Assistant opens but when I attempt to continue it crashes. Here's the error report Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2008-02-16 12:00:46 -0800 Application Name: Microsoft Office Setup Assistant Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.setupassistant Application Signature: MosA Application Version: 12.0.0.071130 Crashed Module Name: EntourageLegacy Crashed Module Version: unknown Crashed Module Offset: 0x000e921f Blame Module Name: Ent...

Unable to change Assistant in Word 2003
HI - I'm running MS Word 2003 on a Vista Home Premium machine, which came pre-installed with a copy of Office 2007. When attempting to change the assistant, I receive the error "There is not enough memory available to complete this operation." My system usually has about 40% of its 2 GB RAM free. Please advise. Tony See http://uksbsguy.com/blogs/doverton/archive/2007/07/23/how-to-get-the-office-assistant-office-2003-to-work-in-windows-vista-i-e-remove-the-quot-not-enough-memory-quot-error-messages.aspx -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Tony Multari...

Office 2007 ultimate and Outlook 2007 Installation
I currently have Outlook 2007 on my PC. I will be installinf the complete ultimate suite. Do I need to uninstall the current outlook 2007 first? If I don't and install over it, will I loose my emails and folders? I would prefer to install all of the office suite in case there are files or links that could be omitted if I choose not to install outllok from the suite. Thank you for your help RGH Which Office 2007 version do you have installed at present -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be a...

Office 2000 & Office 2007
Just got a new laptop with windows 7. Had purchased office 2000 for my old pc, can I updgrade to Office 2007 or do I have to buy it all over again. Is so how ? "Kevan McArthur" <Kevan McArthur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0B994BB-CF9A-4053-8B09-D55B1B3894FE@microsoft.com... > Just got a new laptop with windows 7. Had purchased office 2000 for my old > pc, can I updgrade to Office 2007 or do I have to buy it all over again. > Is > so how ? You can upgrade to any upgrade edition of Office 2007. You will need the installation dis...

Windows 7 Discussion Group
Is there one? If so and I missed it I apologize. Thanks "RHinNC" <rhinnc@[get rid of this] hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OEORv3yhKHA.5604@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there one? If so and I missed it I apologize. Thanks > There are Microsoft forums, but no Microsoft newsgroups. There is an alt.windows7.general newsgroup, though, if your ISP carries it. -- SC Tom On 12/27/2009 2:51 PM, RHinNC wrote: > Is there one? If so and I missed it I apologize. Thanks > > I have been using the alt.windows7.general which is available a free...

Letter Writing Assistant won't recognized MS Word IS installed
When I go to Reports/Letter Writing Assistant, I get an error message that "Microsoft Word must be installed on the machine to use the Letter Writing Assistant". I running XP on a networked client notebook with full Office 2003 installed (SP2) and I'm using GP 9.0 Has anyone else had this problem? Got a solution? I faced this before when i installed Great Plains first and then followed by Office. If your case is same as above, then you need to uninstalle the client version first then i reinstalled office followed by Great Plains Again. I suggest in your case try to rei...

Office 2004 Project Gallery
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3184399017_17854679 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit In the main screen of the Office 2004 Project Gallery, there are icons for things like �Mail Message� and �Calendar Event�. How can I add, for example, �Address Book Entry� or �Task� to the Project Gallery? --B_3184399017_17854679 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML...

Identify active window
I need to be able to identify which program is being used by the user. Getting the active window is easy with GetForegroundWindow but, how do I query that window to find out which program it is? What I mean is, how do I know it is GIMP and not Word? Or IE and not Netscape? If there is no general solution, I need to at least be able to identify Word and IE. Thank you all. I am wondering where you calling GetForgroundWindow and when you calling?after getting HWND a lottoff ways to identify , which program(check caption etc). Alexander wrote: > I need to be able to identify which progra...

Office 2003 #3
I installed Microsoft Office 2003 and cannot create, reply or forward email. I am receiveing the error message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. I have applied all of the updates for Office 2003. I'm having the exact same problem...same message. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, as well. No help! >-----Original Message----- >I installed Microsoft Office 2003 and cannot create, reply >or forward email. I am receiveing the error message "The >messaging interface has returned an unknown e...

Outlook 2000 and Windows 98
I have one server and one domain. Some time back, the server went down and I had to rebuild it. In the process of doing this, I upgraded my Exchange Server from 5.5 to 2003. All of the clients had to be reset on the network. This went extremely smooth until I got to the Windows 98 clients. They can see the network and reach all resources except the Exchange server. I can't get the the profiles in Outlook set up. It won't authenticate the username or server name. Any suggestions? ...

Out of Office Subsequent Rules?
Hi, I've created a couple of Out of Office rules (Exchange 2000 Server and Outlook 2003) and am having trouble with the subsequent rules action. I need to have mail that is sent to me when I'm out of the office forwarded to my Blackberry phone (yes, I know there is a Blackberry server to do this but for just one user that's over the top) APART from when messages contain attachments. So I have created the first rule in the order list that says when any mail arrives that has attachments, move it to a specific mail folder (so I can deal with it later) and NOT TO PROCESS SUBSEQ...

office 2003 install question
I just purchased a new HP laptop that does not have an optical drive. I have Office 2003 with my product key and want to know if there is any way to install this on my new laptop without an optical drive. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! "freddy" <freddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B1912A3-B7DB-4585-A902-543F04317242@microsoft.com... > I just purchased a new HP laptop that does not have an optical drive. I > have > Office 2003 with my product key and want to know if there is any way to > install this on my new laptop withou...

Student Office for Mac Woes.....
First, thanks in advance to all those who help Next, I must admit, Mac is TOTALLY different. I'm being straight forward about this, Mac is tough for me to get use to in order to help my daughter since I'm so use to Windows etc. We installed Student Office for Mac in her new laptop she bought last week for college. We did NOT uninstall the Demo, thanks to M$ being so inept by not providing a pop up warning of some sort during install. What must we do now? She installed her college Student Office for Mac, used it before she learned about the required deletion of the Demo version?...

window pane size
When I open a message to read or reply, the window pane is too wide. Parts of the message on the right are cut off. And when I reply, parts of the sentence is cut off to the right. How do I adjust the pane size? Any window you want to resize permanently must be the last window closed. Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not use Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last. Windows will remember the size used of the last window closed the next time you open the program. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mai...

how do i create an office data connection file
i want to call a parameterized data connection. i want to eventually put this in office sharepoint server 2007's data connection library. every time i open the connection file i have successfully created that connects to the db, it want me to pick a table. i can cancel out of that and change it to sql and say to use a procedure, but i can't save this file, and the "Edit Query..." and "Parameters..." buttons are disabled so i can't set parameters. why is it so hard to work with this thing? thanks ...

Windows Mail
When I try and send mail using windows mail (vista) I get this message I contacted comcast changes all ports etc and no luck. Also when I used to use outlook express and when to file I could change the identity there. I can't seen to find out how and both my email and wifes is going to the same inbox I hope someone has a suggestion. thanks Arthur The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and re...

Open Multiple Files In New Windows
I can't seem to find an instruction/direction for how to open Excel files in different windows. I want to compare a couple of charts next to each other and every time I open a new file, it opens it into the previous window, forever leaving me with only one file open. Thanks. Bright Spark Both workbooks are open.......you can just see one of them. Got to Window>New Window Then Window>Arrange>Vertical. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:34:41 -0700, Bright Spark <BrightSpark1901@Hotmail.com> wrote: >I can't seem to find an instruction/direction...

Error 8231
When attempting to create a new mailbox, the box was not stamped with any addresses. It appears that RUS is not working properly. We recently have been experiencing error messages in the logs that state the following: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: Service Controller Event ID: 8231 Description: Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=Recipient Policies,CN=Name,CN=MicrosoftExchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Name,DC=com':'MAD.EXE', error=8000ffff. Taking provider offline. We are running a single domain, native mode Exchang...

Office Picture Manager e-mail option greyed out
Hello, Using the Office Picture Manager, I select a picture, then select e-mail pictures. Within this pop up on the right hand side, i am supposed to be able to Attach, Display as previewed, and then create message. Only thing is all of the selections are grayed out and nothing can be selected. Questions are, Is Picture Manager hard coded to use Outlook or Outlook Express only? Are there any registry settings which might be massaged to point to another e-mail program? Thanks ...

Need remote Clients to have open SMTP relay with windows authentication in Exchange 2003
Hi all ... first time posting here, but i have been able to find many answers to other questions in the past ... Unfortunatley I may be in a bit over my head with this one. I have about 100 remote users and until now they have not been required to send email over SMTP to domains out side of ours. Now we have a directive from above to allow relaying from dialup and remote users but need to setup SMTP authentication. Current config ... Server: Windows 2003 server Exchange 2003 server SP1 Firewall permitting any traffic on ports 110 and 25 Security options for SMTP in the System Manager is se...

What to buy: Microsoft Office 2004 or Microsoft Office v. X???
Not concerned about bells & whistles so much as reliability & lack of bloat. Was all set to get Office 2004, then started hearing & reading about problems with it. H E L P ! ! ! Thanks, CK in article b2c76838.0411281209.6c57a138@posting.google.com, chuck at chuckkoch@hotmail.com wrote on 28/11/04 21:09: > Not concerned about bells & whistles so much as reliability & lack of > bloat. Was all set to get Office 2004, then started hearing & reading > about problems with it. > > H E L P ! ! ! > > Thanks, > CK Ck, My simplest answer would be ...

Need some assistance with a function
Hi, I'm a complete newbie, with no formal training trying to learn from a bunch of books. Unfortunately, there is much not in those basic books. First, I'm programming a WIN32 app which is an add-on. I do need to include windows.h, and it would seem this prevents me from using any MFC stuff. Is the CByteArray class an MFC thing? Can I do something like this: CByteArray mac; mac.SetSize(MAC_DIM); for( int i = 0; i < MAC_DIM; i++ ) { macAddress[i] = guid.Data4[i+2]; } meaning access the elements with array syntax? Finally, I'm completely lost on how to write a f...

Windows Live Mail #2
Ok, I've been a happy user of Outlook 2000 for a long time, but have liked what I see so far of the Vista version of Windows Mail. There is a similar version for XP called Windows Live Mail which looks the same. This may be OT, but as I am an Outlook user, maybe asking here may be helpful. My favorite features of Outlook are Rules, Calendar and Tasks. Are these features available for Live Mail or is there a plug-in? If not, I am happy with Outlook. Thanks. -- marx404 _________________ "marx404" in <news:g497t3$1sl$1@registered.motzarella.org> wrote: > Ok, I...

March 11th Windows Update and VBA (dis)functionality in Access
Folks, I've programmed an AccessXP database that makes extensive use of VBA module code called via Macro in response to form object events. Since yesterday's Office Security updates (multiple), a particular module function called via macro has begun to throw Microsoft Visual Basic Run-time error 2427 - You entered an expression that has no value. On debug, it jumps to the second in a series of about 6 If/Else statement in which the [Object].Value is tested for content. The first appears to work correctly, but commenting out the following 5 items one at a time causes the func...

Linking Microsoft word to Office
Is there a way to link word to office? So that if I want to send out a transmittal to a person in my contact list, I can go in contacts and have a link to word that creates a transmittal with all my contact information automatically inserted into the document so I don't have to type it out each time? On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 07:07:03 -0800, Riptide <Riptide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to link word to office? Umm....? Word is *PART* of office. Do you mean linking to Microsoft Access (another Office program and the subject of this newsgroup)? or do you mean...