How to implement a progress bar on a status bar

If I want to implement a progress bar indicating process of some algorithm
or function, how should I programme to make the progress bar appear on the
status bar in foot of the window? Is there any sample code I can follow?

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

speechuser wrote:

>If I want to implement a progress bar indicating process of some algorithm
>or function, how should I programme to make the progress bar appear on the
>status bar in foot of the window? Is there any sample code I can follow?

I've not used it, but this may do the trick:

Showing progress bar in a status bar pane
http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/progressbar.asp

--
Doug Harrison
Microsoft MVP - Visual C++

how do I disable the formula bar?
Tools>Options>View, uncheck Formula bar -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "disabled" <disabled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34990224-A956-4102-B9BE-CF403DE66357@microsoft.com... > ...

Convert diagram bars to black and white
How can I in an easy way convert an excel diagram to be black & white. I have made a lot of diagrams and realised very late that i will only be able to print them in black and white. Does anyone know of functionality that lets me change from the colored diagram, to bars that are easily recognizeble in b&W? I would have thought that one of the diagram autostyles, whilst not black and white, will render ok for the purpose. Autoformat on the diagram toolbar -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Detfunkar"...

SCRL flashing in status bar
Hello, I have Excel 2003. I am not sure what I have done but "SCRL" is flashing in the bottom right part of the status bar in Excel. I am having problems scrolling around the screen but can't see a pattern (i.e. it doesn't scroll at all but scroll's sometimes). I've tried hitting the ScrLk button but that doesn't seem to make a difference. What have I done and is there a way to correct it? Hope someone can help, it must be an Excel setting as I can send the same Excel sheets to work and have no problem at all but does affect every Excel sheet on my hom...

CRM email: Implementing auto-unsubscribes?
Hello there, We would like to use CRM's email capabilities to handle the sending of newsletters and other materials to contacts in CRM. We would also like recipients of these materials to be able to click a link which would take them off the recipient list. The most obvious way I see of pulling this off would be to add a "Click to Unsubscribe" link to the outgoing email which links to a custom page that then sets the "Allow email" field in CRM to false. Does this sound like the appropriate path to take? If so, how would I go about getting the custom link inserted into...

Excel Formula Bar

In a bar chart, how do I change the x-axis "category" labels?
I am trying to make a bar chart with customized category labels along the x axis for each bar. I'd like them to be a series of numbers (100, 125, 160, 200...) etc. I can't get anything but numbers 1, 2, 3, 4... to appear... Thanks Hi Thermactor, If your categories are in the column just to the left of graphed quantities, and, if you select both columns before inserting the Bar chart, the categories will appear on the vertical axis. Ken Johnson ...

Question: OPEN return status
Excel-97 (SR-2) My Excel version 4 manual describes the obsolete form of Fopen, with this syntax I hoped to perform [G15:FileNonExistent] = <within a macro> isNA( Fopen( "C:\datafile.pdf", 2)) However the syntax in Excel-97 now means I have to use [G15:FileNonExistent] = <within a macro> open "C:\datafile.pdf" for input as #123 Trouble is this does not return a status, but generates an error if the file does not exist. How can the macro trap this error and convert it to a return status? When I actually tried this with a non-existent file, the cell inv...

Broken Bar Charts
Can anyone help me create a broken bar chart? My boss wants to start using these charts in future presentations and I have no idea what they are. Thanks Anna Hi Anna - This web page has an example of a broken column chart. You can use the technique for a horizontal bar chart as well. http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Anna wrote: > Can anyone help me create a broken bar chart? My boss wants to start using these charts in future presentations a...

How do you hide a bar chart in Excel
I have a bar chart that I would like to hide so I can possibly assign it to a macro and have it unhide and hide at the push of a button. Does anybody know if this is possible or any other ways to do it? Thanks. Hi, take a look at the command Tools, Options, View tab, Show Placeholders or Hide All. You can record a macro to toggle this on and off. Sub ToggleCharts() If ActiveWorkbook.DisplayDrawingObjects = xlHide Then ActiveWorkbook.DisplayDrawingObjects = xlDisplayShapes Else ActiveWorkbook.DisplayDrawingObjects = xlHide End If End Sub -- Thanks, Shane D...

Huge differences in chart values screws my bar chart scale up.
Hi! I have a table which has mainly values between 0 and 5000 and I made bar chart from that data. Then I have 1 value which is over 100 000. This ofcourse makes all other bars way to small to be of any use. Is there any way to "truncate" this 1 bar so it wouldn't mess up the scale, but would show the right value anyway? Could I for example set different scale from 0 to 5000 and then from 5000 to 120 000? Regards, Aki Hi, Have a look at these examples of how to place a break in the Y axis. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/...

Anyway to plot a stacked bar and bar chart on Primary and Secondary axis?
Hi, I am using XL2003 and am wondering if there is a way to add a secondary axis to a stacked bar chart. I need to display $$$ is the primary axis and percent in the secondary axis. I tried adding a dummy/invisible bar series to plot on the secondary axis, but excel added the dummy series into the stacked bars, and not beside them. I thought of just drawing in the secondary axis, but if the boss likes this I'd prefer something that's automated so I don't have to keep drawing in the secondary axis data and title, whic I've done in the past. However that becomes a PITA when exc...

Money 2003 Deluxe Call Progress
When I attempt to update prices on line, Money appears to get hung up. The call progress window says that it is updating securities but it stays on screen and nothing is downloaded. Even when I try to cancel the call, the window will not close. The only way for me to stop the call is for me to shut Money down using ctrl-alt-delete. This happens about 75% of the time that I try to update prices. I am connected through a cable modem. You're not alone Bill. It happens to me frequently as well. Prior to 2003 version, the update was fast. Once I installed the 2003 version, it seem...

Can't get Bar chart to use my numbers
I have a set of numbers: Level Response $250,000 1 $187,500 1 $75,000 1 $50,000 3 $46,857 1 $30,000 3 $21,000 1 $20,000 1 $18,750 1 $18,000 1 $15,000 1 $10,000 2 In this case, I have 1 response at 250,000 and 3 reponses at 50,000 etc. What I am trying to do is chart this so that the Y axis is 0 - 250,000 (or 300,000) and the X axis is at 0, 1, 2 , 3. What I get is the Y axis at 0 - 250,000 and the X axis at 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 (which are the cell numbers where 250000 is 1 and 1...

select status in a query
I have a table with account information. One of the fields is Account_Status, there are 6 possible choices for account status going from 1 - 6. Wha I'd like to do is run a qurey where the user can choose to return accounts with status 4 or 6. Any help appreciated. I can use "between and" ut this returns to much information if I need just 3 or 6. It also has to be user friendly as I do not want someone in the query. Any help appreciated. Thanks Jo See sample database at this site: http://www.cadellsoftware.org/SampleDBs.htm#FilterForm Look at how the listbox is set up (...

split bar
does anyone know how to remove the split bar located just above the scroll bar (on the right handside of the window)? Try double-clicking on it? -- Rgds Max xl 97 ---------------------------------------------------- Use xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com for email ----------------------------------------------------- "martha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9a8701c3ea9a$9f09ab20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > does anyone know how to remove the split bar located just > above the scroll bar (on the right handside of the window)? > martha ...

Scroll Bar in Subform
How do I remove the scroll bar from a subform on a purchase order form? At the bottom of the subform it shows the number of records. I want to remove that info from site. The form I receated is a Purchase Order form very similar to the Inventory Management Database Template. I just changed it a litte to meet our needs. I enter the info into the form and then the items I am purchasing into the subform. I save the record and the info is saved to the table where it is suppose to be. When I open the form up to a new purchase order, the subform from the previouse order is displayed....

1 Bar, 2 Line Combination Chart Nightmare
Morning, I have been asked to change a current simple combination chart into a more complicated one and I'm stuck - big time. I have 3 series: 1. Cumulative Spend 2. Cumulative Percentage 3. Previous Years Percentage. I want to have Series 1 as a bar and Series 2 & 3 as lines. I cannot work this whatsoever. Can anyone help? Please!!!! Ignore the built-in custom types. Make a line chart with all three sets of data. Select the chart series you want to change, go to Chart menu > Chart Type, and select a Column style. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials an...

Progress Bar
Is it possible to see a Progress bar when a Macro is running, particularly when its a big macro instead of the screen 'blinking' Thanks blinking can probably be eliminated by application.screenupdating=false code application.screenupdating=true also turn off auto calculation and turn it back on at the end If you STILL need a progress bar http://tinyurl.com/2nv9a -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "John" <r.@9999yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:felwc.1471$Z14.1522@news.indigo.ie... > Is it possible to see a Progress bar when a Macro is runn...

Help, I have lost my tool bar to create a new email
I accidently deleted my tool bar that displays the new, delete, refresh etc. Does anyone know how to get it back. Version of outlook? right click on the toolbar area, choose customize and look on the first tab - add checks to the toolbars listed. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LS...

Menu bar
Added "custom menu item" to my menu bar and added a macro to it (Works fine), Is there any way to change the name from "custom menu item" to something else ,(like the name of the macro) Thanks While still in Customize view (View, Toolbars, Customize) right click the new menu item and the third item on the menu that pops up is an editable menu item name. -- Jim "politesse" <eperry2424nospama@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:OWQGroH1HHA.4928@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... | Added "custom menu item" to my menu bar and added a macro to it (Work...

display information at html Status Bar
I am working with a com add-in. I created a custom button which allow user to enter information and then save to database. After it is saved, I would like to display that information in Status Bar. I have created the html page to display the data. It works fine when pos is first loaded. Now the problem is: how to refresh the data after user enter information? Is something like fireevent I can use for this? Another problem, when the form pop up, how to make sure it is always focused? That is, user can not click pos while the form stays open? Many thanks Leanne Hi Leanne, You can have the...

X-Axis Labels Bar Chart
How to I format individual x-axis labels. For example my time series is 2007, 2009,2009. I want to format the time line into 2007. 2008E, 2009E. When I customize the 0"E" in in format numbers, I get 2007E, 200E, 2009E. I can't select individual labels. Any advice? Hi, Select the range in the spreadsheet with the years and choose Format, Cells, Custom and on the Type line enter General"E" You can apply this to the entire range or just some of the cells. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Pluto" wrote: > How to I format individual x-axis labels. ...

Stack Chart + bar chart
Hello: I have three columns of numbers. I wish to show Col A & B as a stack chart and on the same graph show Col C values as a bar chart - can you help? Regards, Castor Hi, Have a look here for pages on the subject. It's all down to data layout. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Castor wrote: > Hello: > > I have three columns of numbers. I wish to show Col A & B as a stack chart > and on the same graph show Col C values as a bar chart - can you help? > Regards, Castor -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.and...

Formatting Data point in Bar Chart
Hi, I'm a research scientist and excel spreadsheets are part of our livelihood. I could not find a way to change the format of a data point on my bargraph with crosshatching, which patterns were available on the older versions. There are a preset of texture options, but little fishies and tweed are not a simple and professional way to respresent my data. Any suggestions? The patterns are still part of Excel, but for whatever reason Microsoft forgot to add the user interface controls to use them. However, Andy Pope has written a nice little add-in that reinstates this capabili...

How to implement CListCtrl and CListBox with CheckBoxes inside it?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I want to implement CListCtrl and CListBox with CheckBoxes inside it on my application. How to do that? My CListCtrl is a Report view mode. Thank you very much. CListBox can be done by CCheckListBox. joe On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 23:37:01 -0700, Landon <Landon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. > >I want to implement CListCtrl and CListBox with CheckBoxes inside it on my >application. > >How to do that? > >My CListCtrl is a Report view mode. > >Thank you very much. Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: new...