How to (if at all) show/hide taskbar programatically?

Hi!

I'd like to be able to show and hide the windows task bar from within my app
(hide at begin and show when the app quits...).
Any ideas?

thanks, philipp

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try the following

     HWND hWndTaskBar = ::FindWindow( TEXT("Shell_TrayWnd"), NULL );
     if ( hWndTaskBar )
               ::ShowWindow( hWndTaskBar, SW_HIDE /* or SW_SHOW */ );

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ]

"Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I'd like to be able to show and hide the windows task bar from within my
app
> (hide at begin and show when the app quits...).
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks, philipp

0
CheckAbdoul
9/4/2003 4:43:12 PM
oh - so simple...

but - where do you get the information about the window name to look for
(Shell_TrayWnd for example) ?

thanks, philipp

outlook express shows header info in html mail
Hi i've sent an email thoruh a form in a php page; in some outlook express client the mail is shown with some header info and with html tag as they were plain text. I receive the email just as it should be, while my collegue (which is beside me in the same office) and my client don't. I already unchecked the 'Read message in plain text' checkbox. Has anyone any idea about it? NB: i used the phpmailer class in php. Thanks Vitto I presume that you are talking about something like Yahoo Groups where you send a message to the group and it is then sent to as...

New fonts do not show up in Visio 2003
I purchased a new font in both postscript and trutype formats. After installing them, they do not appear in the font list in Visio. They do however show up in the font list of other Office products. ...

How to select record in the subform and to show it in the main form? 09-27-07
Hi I have subform with datasheet view and I need to know how to select record in the subform and to show it in the main form? Thanks Forget my last post. I misuderstood your question. The code I gave will give the record "number" (sort o count from the table start) not the refered to record. -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Wayne-I-M" wrote: > Hi > > There are other methods but a simple one to use would be > > DoCmd.GoToRecord acForm, "MainFormName", acGoTo, > Forms!MainFormName!SubFormName.Form!LinkIngPrimaryField > > Chan...

Hide Cell Content if no data in previous columns
I've made this work many years ago but now can't remember how. I have a job invoice to where the rate is 40.00/hour. This 40.00 is used in calculation to determine the total amount of pay owed. (20 hours worked * 40.00/hour). The boss requires that the hourly rate be shown for each job on the invoice, so that means it is in a column to where the amount is repeated all the way down. All I want is for the contents of that particular column NOT to show (show as blank), if no job has been entered. In other words, if there is no data entered on that particular row, hide the cont...

Programatic sharing of teams.
I have been searching the sdk and have had trouble finding the method I should use to share an entity (incident, contact, custom entity, etc.) with a team. Does anyone have a quick answer? I'm assuming an associated method for removing a share to a user or team will be named similarly to the creation method. If not, that would be good to know as well. Thanks. I answer is the class GrantAccess. "waterskier" wrote: > I have been searching the sdk and have had trouble finding the method I > should use to share an entity (incident, contact, custom entity, etc.) wit...

"Show Placeholders" in options/view menu does'nt work.
I have a macro that places a large number of pictures on a spreadsheet. I would like the pictures to show as "placeholders" to speed up viewing/editing. The only problem is that this feature (under Tools/Options/View) does not work. All the images are being display normally. I have tried this in Excel 2000/2003/XP with the same result. This feature works great in MS Word. Please help. To see what I'm talking about. Go to Tools/Options/View and check the "Show Placeholders" option. Now insert a picture or clipart. The image will be displayed normally instead of just a b...

show info commandbutton
Hi, I have a commandbutton start and I want it to show a description botton with the word form when I put the mouse over. Thanks!! I'm not certain what you mean. Do you mean you want a form to appear when you hover over the button? This is not possible. You must click on the button. And it must have a macro assigned to it to display the form you create. Robert Flanagan http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "canvas" <spyele123@gmail.com> wrote in message news:060e12f9-68c5-4221-ac9e-d22509f7b8f7...

How to have auto dialog box showing when selecting cell
I would like to have a dialog box appear each time a cell is selected in a column. I need the dialog box show the next cheque number and allow the user to change that if necessary. The cells cannot have a formula in it as that would cause problems when sorting. Is there a way to do this? Rob You could use data validation to do this. Firstly in an empty area of the worksheet define a cell that is equa to max(column range where the cehque numbers are shown) + 1. (ie max(a:a) + 1 Then set the data validation for the whole cheque input range to list list = the address of the new cell. Th...

Sounds, PPT 2004 11.3.5 ICONs show during slide show
I need help with sounds and not being able to hide the SOUND ICON from showing during the presentation. I have a large presentation and about 20 slides have sounds (bird songs, music clips) to go with the photos. I have used the same presentation and the sounds worked flawlessly many times over the last few years. I now have a problem. Unlike before, the sounds do NOT play for several of the slides, (except as explained below) On those slides for which I have wave files indicated by the icon that looks like a speaker (with a blue circle in the middle) the sounds work fine. I hide the icon by p...

How to compute Over short amount that shows in the z report
Hello, can anyone tell me how the over short amount in the z report is calculated? I am looking for the exact tables and its fieldnames for this computation. -- Thanks in advance, HNLuhar Hello HNLuhar....I copied and pasted this from the batch list report.....it reads the batch table to calculate "over/short"- hope this helps..... PaidOut + Dropped + LayawayClosed + PaidOnAccount + CustomerDepositRedeemed + ClosingTotal) - (OpeningTotal + Sales + Returns + Tax + Shipping + LayawayPaid + PaidToAccount + CustomerDepositMade + DebitSurcharge + CashBackSurcharge "HNLuhar...

outlook inbox showing (-1) emails & 4294967295 unread messages
Hi Peops Have a very strange problem with one of my users on the network and have not found any thing relating to this problem anywhere on the web. Whats happening is i have a user running outlook xp and even though he has no new emails in his inbox he has a blue (-1) sign next to his inbox, and in the bottom left of the screen it says he has 4294967295 unread messages... But once a new email comes in then it goes back to normal, once the user reads the email the figure goes back to -1 again, never come across this before in 6 years, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Cheers ...

Excel 2000 Workbook close button hides instead of close
We received an excel file in email. When we click the Workbook close button (the X) it hides the work book instead of closing it. When we unhide it, something changes and the close button works as normal, but we are asked to save changes even if we don't make any. Looks like there is some code in the background doing something or other. I'd check the workbook code, particulary the Workbook_BeforeClose event. It is more likely some code or functions are changing the worksheet contents than a bug in Excel. -- Regards, Bill Lunney www.billlunney.com "Steven Robinson" &...

show attachment in e-mail header
I would like to cosutomize the e-mail header that it shows the e-mail as example below: "from:" "sent:" "to:" "Subject" "Attachment" Thanks, Ursula A. and here's the question: At present my e-mail settings do not show the "Attachment", so when I send out an attachment it is not mentioned. How can I add this item? >-----Original Message----- >I would like to cosutomize the e-mail header that it >shows the e-mail as example below: >"from:" >"sent:" >"to:" >"Subject"...

Hide one page within a form with several pages
Hi all access users I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I have a form with several pages. I like to hide one of them untill the user have select a choice from a field named productcategory. If the choice is for exampel Tools then I like the page to be shown If you mean a page on a tab control, you can change its Visible property. One possibility is to use the After Update event of the control bound to ProductCategory: Select Case Me.ProductCategory Case "Tools" Me.pagTools.Visible = True Case "Materials" Me.pagMaterials.Visible ...

Programatically adding leads to CRM
Hi all, Is there a programmatic (VB.Net or C#) way to add leads to CRM (1.2) ? I ask because my CRM users are getting tired of having to define the mappings everytime they import leads into CRM. I haven't really searched around on the net yet for any info yet, and I thought this might be a good place to start. Thanks in advance, Nick Here is an example from the Microsoft CRM 1.2 SDK http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2crmleadcreatemethod.asp?frame=true -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLandin...

show full account number in Dynamics GP GJ entry
show full account number in Dynamics GP GJ entry it does not make sense that you can't see the last 2 digits ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4567fd64-71...

hide
how would i be able to hide part of a sheet that has formulas on it. i would like to email this sheet to others but do not want them to view the calculations? thanks. Use sheet protection and set each of the cells with a formula in to hidden (Format cell>Protection and set Locked AND Hidden) set the cells you want the users to edit as unlocked. "help with excel" wrote: > how would i be able to hide part of a sheet that has formulas on it. i would > like to email this sheet to others but do not want them to view the > calculations? > > thanks. Hi The s...

Presenting and hiding the Naviagation pane
I can press a key sequence (Ctl+N) and get the Navigation pane, but is there a mechanism to hide it via a key stroke, such as Ctl+Shift+N? -- The personal opinion of Gary G. Little No, but you may be able to create one using an AutoKeys macro. Create a function in a standard module named something like basUtilities (aircode): Public Function HideNavPain() DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, "MSysObjects", True DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide End Function You can change acTable to acForm and use one of your form names. Now create a macro and name it AutoKeys. That name is a...

Hiding menu options
Ca anyone help me with hiding menus and options in xl. I managed this in a very early version of xl but can't seem to be able to do it in the version I have at the moment - which itself is a bit long in the tooth (2002) Application.Commandbars(1).Controls("Format").Controls("Row").Visible = False as an example -- HTH Bob "Alec Mclintock" <AlecMclintock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EF9E96A-E5EB-471A-AC0B-0F0802D33C07@microsoft.com... > Ca anyone help me with hiding menus and options in xl. I managed...

Outlook 2002 not showing url in status bar on scroll over
Previous versions of Outlook showed the url of a hyperlink in a message. But my Outlook 2002 wont show it. I have looked and searched everywhere to see if there is a setting for it, but no luck. I am not looking hard enough? Thanks, ...

Mouse hook won't work reliably in desktop/taskbar area
Hi All, I've been experimenting with a hook class that seems to be working well everywhere, EXCEPT reliably over the taskbar and desktop area. It's a system wide mouse hook to catch ctl-right-click for my application, but it just isn't reliable over these areas. In every other window my program is notified 100% of the time, but when I alt-right-click on the desktop or in the taskbar area I only get about 33% reliability with my message coming through. I'm hoping maybe someone knows how to overcome this in a regular system-wide mouse hook procedure, if you need code I'...

How to show the specific one in 2 distribution list ?
Our structure is as below...RD follow with RD1, RD2, RD3. There is one special guy who are belong to RD1 and RD2. How to make the distribution list to show the special guy both in RD1 and RD2 ? ...

Word 2007 bullets show arrows, but Htm shows 0 with slash through
The problem I’m having is the Word 2007 bullets. On my Word it shows the arrow point, but the web page shows the 0 with a slash through it. What am I doing wrong? ...

Hiding rows that are not grouped
Hi, I want to hide or unhide all the rows with n/a in column F. Does anyone know of an easy way to do that? Thanks, Michele Select col F. if the N/A is in without formulas, use Edit/Goto Special, click Constants, then leave only the "errors" checked. Then click OK - now only they will be selected. You can use ctrl/9 to hide them all (or Format/Row/Hide) Bob Umlas Excel MVP <michele@quality-computing.com> wrote in message news:1125324064.366809.17710@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I want to hide or unhide all the rows with n/a in column F. Does > a...

Hide non-printing characters.
I have imported some data into Excel as a CSV file. Some of the cells contain formatting character such as CR, LF, HT. One one machine, that uses Excel 2000, these characters are displayed as squares. On another macine, that uses Excel 2007, the characters are still present but do not display. How can I hide (not delete) those characters on the Excel 2000 machine? TIA Chris Linefeeds will appear as little squares if the cell's format is not set to wrap text. If you change the format to wrap text, then the linefeeds will force new lines within the cell. Saved fr...